• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Latest TiVo app on FireTV Stick 4K

Search This thread

rbronco21

Dec 3, 2015
I've sideloaded the latest TiVo app (4.2.1) and would like to see if it is compatible. I know they announced a dedicated FireTV app, but I am hoping it's working as is. The issue is adding permissions needed to start the app. It wants me to allow "Device ID Information" and "Images/Media/Files" before it will start. Does anyone have experience using ADB to change these settings? The idea came to me after enabling a setting for LauncherHijack by running "adb shell settings put secure enabled_accessibility_services com.baronkiko.launcherhijack/com.baronkiko.launcherhijack.AccServ."

pielordbrian

Jan 27, 2019
trying to enable accessability service on fire tv stick, via adb

I'm in the same boat as you. Though i'm currently trying to enable accessibility services on a different app. The app i'm trying to use is called "button mapper" by flar2, and though I've successfully sideloaded it, the app will not run without accessibility services turned on. I thought this might be possible thanks to modifying the adb command from launcherhijack, but it seems like it just will not work.
Here's what i tried

Code:
adb shell settings put secure enabled_accessibility_services flar2.homebutton/flar2.homebutton.AccServ

This runs, but does not appear to do anything. Also, after rebooting the fire tv, and opening the app again, it does the exact same thing. It just keeps asking to enable accessibility services, which does nothing. I know that the fire tv is severely limited in terms of accessibility options, via the gui. Is there some sort of adb magic/trick to get it to work? Could We please get some input, possibly from the dev of LauncherHijack, BaronKiko, as i am out of ideas, and have no clue how to enable accessibility services correctly on a fire tv.

rbronco21

Dec 3, 2015
I got the OTG cable I needed and was able to allow these using a USB mouse. If anyone's interested in TiVo, the app starts, allows me to log in, then drops back to the FireTV menu. I tried 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. Maybe it's checking the device and won't run on a FireTV yet?