Latest Windows Live and Search CAB - Updated 5/15/08 - Live Search 3.0

Search This thread

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
I couldn't find a CAB that would install all the latest versions of the Windows Live apps (Messenger, Search, and Hotmail), so I made my own.

UPDATE 5/14/08 - Latest versions of all Live programs, and bundled installers here:

Last edited:

simbadogg

Aug 6, 2007
Corona
Jesus...is MS EVER going to update the Live search...i've been using the same one forever now w/ no updates at all...

simbadogg

Aug 6, 2007
Corona
hhaha, well i'll be damned. they actually update it the day after i gripe about it being a "2007" version for so long. they added some cool new stuff, like their "wikipedia" search under collections, viewing lat and long, and you can enable full screen now...i wonder what google is going to do when they update theirs.

hambola

Feb 28, 2008
Yeah I like Windows Live Search (Mobile). Seriously if you live in the US or UK, it beats the **** out of google maps. New version looks good, glad that they're working on updates. Anyone have any luck with the Flickr: Latest Photos?

klepto

Mar 19, 2008
I have a at&t tilt and I am having problems with live search recognizing my gps on com4. Any ideas why?

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
I have a at&t tilt and I am having problems with live search recognizing my gps on com4. Any ideas why?

Yep sure do, start>settings>system>external gps.

now

gps programs port--com4

click hardware

baud rade--4800

click access

make sure box is checked.

Next time search this, topic has been covered, let me know if it worked.

crl0901

Jan 9, 2008
Does anyone know if the latest version of Windows Messenger has offline IMs and mobile IMs? For example, can you leave an offline message to someone. Or, if someone has messenger set up to recieve their IMs on their phone, can you send an IM to them via Windows Messenger on your phone. Both of these, you can't currently do.

kipmast

Sep 14, 2007
Hello,

I currently have WL 10.6.0031.2600

Can I simply install your newest cab over the version that is currently on my TyTnII? I see no option to remove the old version from the programs so must be ok?

I couldn't find a CAB that would install all the latest versions of the Windows Live apps (Messenger, Search, and Hotmail), so I made my own.

UPDATE 5/14/08 - Latest versions of all Live programs, and bundled installers here:

Andehh

Mar 29, 2008
Is anyone else finding a drastic reduction in battery life after installing windows live search? Mine has gone down by about 2/3. I cant get more then a day out of a fully charged battery now!

I think it has something to do with me always being connected to HSDPA/3G? Dont spose anyone has any advice?

thanks guys.

hambola

Feb 28, 2008
If you have a data connection open all day, especially on HSDPA/3G, then you're definitely going to suffer with battery life. Disconnect your data connection if you're not using or use a tool such as Schap's Advanced Config to auto disconnect data.