• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[LAUNCHER APP][5.0+][New | Release] GCA Launcher 2

Search This thread

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Small patch yesterday for Insider preview
-fixed an issue that prevented dynamic badges from showing properly
-Color Scheme fixes and logic revamp
-Added support for pro color schemes
-Updated dependencies

This week il continue to target issues discovered by users until we start on anything new.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
This week, il be working on patches that implement request by users, issuing bug patches to reported issues and looking at howb i can implement a preview system to the add on store.

I will also add a direct link to the apk in the OP so those of you who don't use Google play can get involved as well as get the chance to review it on your terms.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
This week, il be randomly posting on the telegram channel promotional codes for Dynamic Badges add-on and Icon Pack Provider add-on for icon customization. I have a limited amount of codes and il be sure to share a few here as well. When they are posted, be quick to claim them. These codes will only work on GCA Launcher 2 builds and not affect the previous versions.

Any persons todo reviews, suggest feedback and/or report an issue have higher chances of my personally handing you a promotional code.

Cheers!

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Development Update
While i was generating promotional codes, my internal testing team discovered an issue where codes would not unlock the appropriate upgrade/add on so im working to resolve these errors in the background.

The add on store will be renamed simply upgrades and pro features. The store will gain an option to preview Upgrades before purchasing them. It just shows a GIF demonstrating what that particular item does. I myself felt uncomfortable buying something i didn't know what it did so i came up with this idea. This new preview section will also gain a code redeem option for reward programs.

The Icon database has started to show its true colors so im identifying bugs now that we have a bigger user base. Im working in the background to resolve these errors.

I hope to hear back from more of you in the telegram channel and here on the forums.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
GCA's next insider preview will introduce Glance Sheets. Swipe down on a shelf app will show a sheet that shows the apps priority widget, app shortcuts and notifications available. This allows users to bring together important features for their favorite apps. Now this information is available in an app sheet but allowing a user to quickly access these features from a shelf app was a very important thing for me. Shelf apps are your favorite apps, your go to and / or daily routines. Making it easier and more convenient for you to access everything about that app was a goal
Screenshot_2021-05-16-21-32-07-815_com.gocalsd.symphlyx.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-16-21-20-05-187_com.gocalsd.symphlyx.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-16-21-20-28-786_com.gocalsd.symphlyx.jpg

Reactions: pepot

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Here are promotional codes to unlock Dynamic Badges. Once the codes are claimed, they are no longer valid. They expire at the end of the month. You can claim the code by navigating to the upgrade store, to the dynamic badge feature and redeem the code from their or redeem the code from google play. From their, restart the launcher and navigate back to the upgrade store, it should recognize the feature is purchased and you may use it. These may codes may or may not work as intended, this is trial and error while developing this type of add on feature for a launcher. Enjoy

HP6CX1LST1FWF5GHHVUE061
WRE8XK9DJ8Q7LYLAYRZ02F5
TYE0LURLL83S2Y5G7K4CDLT
9JJCJF41ZXTVSABS38Z92X3
QBM9450XHP2RD9ZBRNR1X50
LBBPQDAMV1D32QWRE0XZYCC
13EL2RDF6VT29Y6LA0NE9UP
P5WKPN78Q4094ZKVUDY0D49
QQPPS94J5GNT5UT8UGWW8XR
B2DVNNTWBVAVS7MSKD6YMP4
JPEXYJMRDDK45MSUEHB7YYD
WEKF8ZN2C4CZP9L3UXNMMF3
VZ22JTH9BEFN9CUKHC7KQRX
FD1Q6H5YGQXEEHD9W3RP7UT
SQ89WJ6RE2LTSP8EHLFNURU
BUSURDQ87JC602E5FVX9M6T
4530HXCXCAGL1N9KNN6WWAS
9BWJHQTQ6ZWT574Q02KAWX2
JUC8YEN200N5ATLAE1632H8
8XBW2D4MTE3JQTU66RA7HGJ

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Here are another batch of codes for Icon Provider upgrade

A17XQR5X5XDGC030QE4V2T8
ANNLDZXD9NEVKKQM5DL09YW
K9D9UKD9SB5Q42HBUZCWSFC
6H6L2QL3419ERQXMNTY3WGY
0R9PVBAVPTF415XJLLBSAZH
TNL557YUBWXE8MF2VYCWM80
4Y6HAQ4EDT1MXDPH83FWGVK
VLA5U3FS87CAEV2VK7AVG5M
J5FW55W848CUGV9JSXNH34W
F6NPVNAY03JW26MUESH9093
ULQ0NUY8WUAXBN7KBMLH7HT
5137X3BF1WKH09RLH174MQN
XNDYB1XETYY43JXVAKHYS8U
VQ5TS1R2L0MVTHRD6HSAH6P
HZJC5QFX9RTLQL008DMLCX1
L1BM5JGL8SEEGM8VJX5L29Q
24XZFLF3N2SGVE5P0QEACXH
EKYJSFA9BCLUXW3SCM0PXWR
DYZZKAVBT1CTW4W4LA3T6D6
RLV9D2SUSRWS7V46LT4WV7P
FDSMF75J2VUMNQ08PS9GWAQ
RY9426CVXPLR8W0ZXAHEAFK
LL18N9MMKBDK4ZD4A2005LF
RB17JK33U6ZF1C7EVHQ6VWP
73078T6UVBUDJMR1DHH6SEB
58RDGAXDJMUT5QRKSKFM767

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Last nights Insider Preview brings changes to Google Play Services features, OTA updates, receiving notifications, glance sheets and general maintenance.

Detailed changes of last nights update
-Glance sheets now have navigation buttons to switch priority widgets if they are available. That widget will remain the main one when chosen. I am working behind the scenes to open up more complex options which will lead to better widget support.
-Glance sheets now show a badge count beside its name
-Most Features dependant on Google Services have been revamped (will be more work todo)
-Google Play settings all categorized together in launcher settings
-Launcher will identify Google services installed and if its active. This will lead to bigger things later.
-Launcher will now detect updates directly from google play while in the launcher settings. This will allow a direct update feature.
-Improved scaling for shelf items
-Under the hood maintenance to improve recent actions. This will be changing soon how its approached which may affect looks and behavior.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Just a reminder to redeem the codes above before they expire. Atleast 40 of each code is still available and they expire on the 31st. If anyone plans todo a review or a blog, its a good idea to have some sort of premium feature to talk about so get those codes claimed.

The user base has almost tripled and that's awesome. The upgrade store is working wonderfully for users.

Thank you for the support

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Couple of updates
-Redeemable codes above expire at the end of the month, be sure to grab one for yourself!
-The add on store has been a hit. Just needs some small tune ups
-The Insider Preview will launch on the Stable channel in June!
-Android 12 has a butt load of interface bugs with GCA 2,i will tackle them ince the os is more stable (don't report any issues regarding that OS at this time)
-Android 12 compatibility and enhancements will come in due time.
-I have made some fixes to color schemes that will launch in the next update for a better spectrum of colors. This feature will basically function like Android 12s theme system but for all.
-Widget enhancements are in development, its just been a nightmare of a process.
-A better approach to applying icon packs is coming

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Development update

The next update I publish will roll GCA Launcher 2 on the playstore on the Stable channel. This update will have a major effect on users who have been using the stable build that has been in affect for the past year. It will wipe your current user settings and upgrade you to the current database.

users who are on the beta channel will not be effected

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
"
UPDATE 06/08
I have officially launched GCA Launcher 2 on google play, I will provide this apk below to manually install for yourself. I have implemented Google Plays ota updater inside the launcher settings so it will prep you for any further updates needed!
The Insider Preview will continue going forward to help maintant stability and community contribution. These small updates will focus on bigger pictures and will lead into more frequent updates on the stable channel. Be sure to join the telegram channel for discussion or issue reporting.
"

GCA Launcher 2 can now be downloaded from the OP, the update will roll out on Google Play shortly. This is an official release but development is no where near finished. Come check out what i've been working on!

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Next update will focus on a few release bugs the play console has caught as well as what what members have reported.

a few things that will makes its way with bug fixes is a new accessibility option for double tap to sleep for devices, a way to access recent apps, an accessibility option to help with full screen gesture access, fixes to gesture detection, and a new default widget based on the ios Google widget which will have some customization options in the launcher settings.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
Hotfix update released today with a few goodies
-New default launcher widget is inspired by ios Google widget (customization coming soon)
-Ability to reset app state upon launching in from GCA Launcher (in general settings)
-(fix) System bars should now properly tint based on themes, colors and wallpapers (properties used from googles launcher3 source)
-Splash screens now consume screen params
-(fix) fixed an issue that caused package change listener to not properly update individual items
-(fix) fixed an issue that may have caused color schemes to not properly be calculated
-Improved gesture recognition logic (preparing for more actions and readable gestures)

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
No updates this week, im taking some time to rewrite the app drawer to support more functionality and bring a smoother and fluent experience.

In the next update, users will find that the recent apps have been merged in the app drawer tabs along with user created app groups. What this means is that your primary tab and secondary tab can now be modified to show recent apps or groups or both along with or without your main list of apps. this brings a new handful of options as a user for organization and access to your apps.

This is going to take awhile to implement as a stable feature so the next update will release on the beta channel to further test functionality.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
There will be a new update on the beta channel this week for Insider preview users. This update will allow users to test out new changes to the app drawer, a new settings sheet, improvements to performance, theme options and a few other things under the hood to prep for bigger changes.

The app drawer has been revamped to allow users to include recent apps and groups in each tab. The drawer now gathers application data in a smarter way so we have more control over what information is gathered by launcher sheets. A new theme option to dodge app colors for popup menus and use the theme option as well as the adaptive icon drawables.

Improved theme options powered by Monet library

and more

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
rgocal.github.io
There is a new beta update available on Google Play.
What's New
-Recent apps and Groups can now be included in App Drawer Tabs
-Monet Library now baked in
-Shelf and App Drawer has been revamped to be independent views
-General maintenance and cleanup
-New themeing options in color scheme activity
-revamped launcher menu
-revamped launcher sheets
-Revised first launch activities

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a long year of lockdown, we're on year 3 of development. The Insider Preview for GCA Launcher 2 is here.

GCA Launcher is a non-tradition, non-grid, single screen launcher inspired by Chromium OS. When I was first introduced to Chromium OS, I really liked how it didnt exactly bring the same exact andriod interface to the pc scene but i liked how clean the interface was. I wanted to build a launcher that revolved around the same infastructure but at the same time, bring features to the table that made Android, well Android.

In Year 3 of development, I decided that what we had for the past 2 years needed looked over. What we attempted in past updates that didnt work and what did work. What users liked in the past and how I could revisit current features. I wanted to bring more pixel like features into the launcher. I wanted more traditional launcher interfaces to be mixed in. I wanted the launcher to completly change how we look at custom launchers going forward and what capability we exactly have instead of kanging Launcher3 source code and calling it an entirely different Launcher.

THE HOMESCREEN
    The homescreen remains the same as it has for the past 2 years but with some interesting new features added in the mix. The Shelf has now been revamped to interact with swiping and gestures in realtime instead of a slight delay as it was before. By lifting up on the Shelf, The App Drawer will appear and the Shelf will transition out. Exiting the App Drawer can be done by using the navigation bar or by Pulling Down and engage the new Pull Down Actionbar. When you pull down, youll notice some actions appear, while dragging, swipe to the left or right to access an action. The default action will dismiss the app drawer. The first Right action is to refresh the app drawer, the furthest right action is a shortcut to google assistant. The first Left action is the app drawer option menu which will allow a second tap (and possibly more features in the future), the second action to the left is to edit the current tab. These actions can also be accessed by double tapping the app drawer tab layout or by long pressing the current tab. The App drawer will also show recent apps when usage stats are enabled and Recent actions when those are enabled. Long pressing on an up will bring up a popup menu. This menu will show some basic actions (based on the type of app it is, Actions will also differ from the Shelf rather than the Drawer). Pressing the "More" Action will expand the App Sheet (We will talk about those below!). The Edit Action will allow the user to edit the Icon(More below!) and the Shortcut action in the Shelf will allow the user to swap out the app. The Shelf Searchbar is the default searchbar that provides some extra perks rather than the supported Google Search Widget or the Seseme Searchbar Widget. GCA's Searchbar provides left and right swipe actions, a shortcut to google search, lens, and assistant while also providing a spot to list your 2 recent app actions. The searchbar themes against the Shelf or can be customized.

LAUNCHER SHEETS
    Sheets were inspired by Google's Material Components and replaces a major element in the launcher scene.

Let's start with the App Sheets. The App sheet will appear when the user uses the "More" action in the popup menu. Sheets will present to the user 3 main groups of information. ACTIONS, NOTIFICATIONS, and SHORTCUTS. Actions are basically system shortcuts found in pixel launcher's popup menu but redesigned as chips. More actions can be enabled in the Launcher Settings Menu Category and more actions will appear based on the type of app as well. Action Dash is also supported as a major action when the app is installed(Trying to see what else I can do with Action Dash for the future, Action Dash team says the api is public but doesn't provide any information on how to access it for launchers). (Once the Notification Provider is enabled) App Sheets will also show an apps active notifications. Clicking on the notification will be the same as opening your statusbar and accessing it from their. Im also working on allowing sheets to show notification actions and getting swipe actions for dismissal. Shortcuts are what it says. Android Naugat app shortcuts will appear as their available. This shortcut list will also generate actions based on some logic behind the scense.

Widget Sheets are still in development and I'm still working on how I want to approach these.

The Search Sheet I havnt touched since the last build so its still boring and ugly

The Notification Sheet will do as the App Sheets. It will show ALL the current activie notifications. If your on Android Oreo+, it will also list any snoozed notifications. Again, Im working on improving the Notification access in GCA Launcher but this alone was a huge step in development.

The Groups Sheet will list all your current App Groups. If your confused of what a "Group" is, let's talk about it. Groups are custom categories or folders of apps you can create. By going in the Groups Manager, you create a name for the group and than add all the apps you want in this group. When you access the Group from the Sheet, a seperate window will appear and show all the apps in that group as it were a small app drawer.

BADGES
    GCA Launcher brings 4 different app badges to the table. Dots, Badge Counts, Underline and Dynamic. Dots have been redesigned to behave abit differently than pixel launcher. As notification counts increase, the border of the Dot will get darker. Underlines are just, well underlines...Badge Counts will show the current count of active notifications for an app. Dynamic Badges are something new. I wanted to create something similar to Nova Launcher but ofcourse from my own perspective. As notifications increase for an app, it monitors the notifications in the background and watches the notification icons used. The icon is than rendered as a badge and placed on the app, if different notifications not regarding the same subject take place, the icons are bunch together as a single badge. This is still new and not exactly working to my expectations yet but it still works. Ive also tried backporting it as far back as I can.

ICONS
    GCA Launcher has been given a brand new database to handle icons. This took the majority of my time but Im very satisfied with the results and also provides me access to a whole bunch more of customization to come. Icons can now be edited from the edit action. From the Edit Activity, users can monkey around with the icon to make it look more suetible for their current theme. You can change the label, toggle icon themeing from icon packs, use GCA's adaptive fallback or change the icon entirely but clicking on the icon and it will list current available providers such as icon packs or your gallery.
    Users can also go in the launcher settings and manually adjust launcher wide changes like icon size, shadow settings and other options.

NOTIFICATION LISTNENER
    Just a general warning, once the notificaiton listener is enabled for GCA Launcher. This launcher will listen on your notifications for the app sheets and badges. This had to be done to change the game for badges and sheets to work to my expectations so if you don't feel comfortable with this, don't enable it but understand, no data is being saved or sent anywere in any way with this approach, just listened to. In the past builds, GCA had to save data to render badges, this is no longer the case.

LAUNCHER SETTTINGS
    The launcher settings was the most interesting part about this project. I wanted a complete redesign. A complete do over. Something new and fresh. When you access the launcher settings, it uses a side bar interface with a mix of material component design. Click on an icon on the side scroller to navigate the different setting categories or pull out the side drawer to see suggestions and actions. This a whole bunch of stuff in here to play with and I do expect some problems here and there so please report back with issues!

PRO FEATURES
    GCA LAUNCHER IS NO LONGER AN ALL FREE LAUNCHER. With the pandemic and everything else going on in my life, I had to make the choice to make GCA Launcher a profitable project. Unlike other premium launchers where the user buys a premium key and everything unlocks, GCA Launcher DOES NOT USE THIS APPROACH. Users can now buy individual pro features based on their needs and wants. I am working on ways to reward users with discounts and/or if you have purchased pledges in the past. Pledges are just donations and don't reward you with anything however I am working on getting pledged users discounts to reep benifits from. I am also working on discount days and special events to earn pro features. This is an entirely new direction for launchers, so yeah im a tad nervous about it but being the first launcher dev to approach this, im excited at the same time. Once you purchase a pro feature, it should unlock automatically from the launcher settings or just implement itself under the hood. If it doesnt seem to stick properly, reboot the launcher or make sure the pro feature has been purchased.

PRO FEATURES FOR NONE GOOGLE USERS
    I have no idea how im going to approach this yet so please be patient with a fix.

Current Features
    • Launcher supports work profile apps and dual apps
    • Launcher is designed for the full screen gesture system but with restrictions.
    • Groups allow users to create organized folders of apps available in the Groups Sheet
    • Search for apps
    • A minimal but powerful single screen interface
    • Launcher Sheets are a new approach to menus and options for the launcher and apps.
    • The App Drawer Swipe Actionbar is accessed by dragging down the app drawer and slide your finger to a specific action. This is a relatively new interface and we will improve on this soon.
    • The Shelf offers specific actions for apps that differ from the Drawer apps. One option in specific is the favorite action.
    • Shelf can now hold up to 12 favorite apps.
    • The Shelf and App Drawer apps will feature different system shortcuts and features in the app sheet. Long clicking on an app will make a popup menu appear, click the hamburger menu for a sheet menu
    • Apps can be edited in 2 options. The physical editing and the personal options. Personal options are in the launcher settings and allow options like icon sizes, label editing and shape shifting. Physical options can be found in the popup menu by clicking edit. This allows adaptive override, icon pack editing, scale and label editing.
    • The Shelf features a revised searchbar that can be toggled to the Top, Bottom or Removed completely. The searchbar features a shortcut to open the launcher menu, a global search feature, an assistant shortcut and has an option to store and track the usage of App Shortcuts to feature a recent actions holder.
    • The App drawer features the pixel launcher carot indicator. It acts as an all apps indicator and button.
    • The App Drawer has 4 main styles. Vertical Grid, Horizontal Grid, Smart Grid and Smart Vertical List. Smart Grid and Smart List uses Flex Layout Manager to determine the space available for your apps and makes calculations by itself to determine whats best for your device.
    • The Blacklist is for the Primary Tab of apps that blocks apps. The Whitelist for the secondary tab is to show apps.
    • The App Drawer is built on a fastscroll functionality. It does not have a drag indicator as of right now. Its built on the idea of being smooth and fast.
    • Recent Apps now uses Usage Stats Data. This gives Recent Apps a 100% reliable stat and not clutter up the app drawer when its not in use. The list will update on a regular basis.
    • Recent Apps don't have a long click listener (no sheets).
    • The Shelf and App Drawer themes are based on a sheet style. They overlap each other creating some interesting twist to style.
    • The App Drawer has 2 tabs for the user. The primary tab and the secondary tab. Long clicking on a tab will open up the respective Black or White list. Both tabs update and sync respectively
    • App Shortcuts are generated based on the Android OS and can be found in the app sheets when set to the default launcher(Android 5-7 will have custom shortcuts in the future, developing something currently)
    • GCA Notification Badges are completely new. Users can respectively choose between dots, badge counts, underlines and dynamic badges.
    • Active Notifications appear in app sheets showing users a preview of current notifications. Clicking on the notification will take you to that action. The notification sheet will display all your active notifications and snoozed notifications.
    • Launcher notifications (updates, firebase messages and alerts) are saved in the notifications window.
    • Users can manage a blacklist of notification badges
    • Launcher sheets can be accessed from the launcher menu.
    • The launcher homescreen can use a single widget. This widget can be swapped out by using the Widget action in the launcher menu or if your on Android 8.x, you can access widgets from an apps system shortcut
    • Widgets can be resized by long clicking on them and a resize module will appear.
    • System theming
    • Launcher settings features smart suggestions that appear on certain variables when available
    • Launcher features a revised theme system based on Pixel Launcher. As the wallpaper changes, theme system will automatically update its color scheme. The color scheme can be swapped in the theme and style settings. This does not apply to live wallpapers unless a static wallpaper was applied.
    • The Launcher is buikt on the latest android sdk and as a focus, different features are locked out based on the operating system your using.
    • Launcher Settings uses a Quick Navigation slider panel to navigate category settings.
    • GCA Launcher is free to download but i am working on an entire database or pre features you will be able to purchase. The Insider Preview offers all of these features free during testing. Pro features will be sold individually.
    • System Shortcut options that are available (Application Information, Application Usage Stats, Battery Usage, Notification Channels, Sharing, Playstore link, Relaunch application, Uninstall application, Widget preview and clear notifications) Clicking the small arrows above quick scroll through your options.
    • Long clicking on an Application Shortcut will automatically add it to the recent actions list in the searchbar (for ex: I usually have incognito tab for chrome and my apps from playstore)
    • Customizable Gesture System (wip)
    • GCA Launcher uses my Drywall app as its main wallpaper provider app. Download it as an optional add-on for extra wallpaper management features, otherwise it will allow you to choose your wallpaper app.
    • Unique and Different for you

UPDATE 06/08
    I have officially launched GCA Launcher 2 on google play, I will provide this apk below to manually install for yourself. I have implemented Google Plays ota updater inside the launcher settings so it will prep you for any further updates needed!
    The Insider Preview will continue going forward to help maintant stability and community contribution. These small updates will focus on bigger pictures and will lead into more frequent updates on the stable channel. Be sure to join the telegram channel for discussion or issue reporting.

To join the Insider Preview, sign up for GCA Launcher 2 open beta below, once you have become a beta tester, the Insider Preview builds should be available through google play.

Links:
    XDA Original Post
    V1 XDA Thread
    Drywall Wallpaper Manager
    Launcher Manager for Testing Launchers

GCA Telegram Channel
    GCA Telegram News Channel

External APK = Download
    Get GCA Launcher Google Play
    Insider Blog Post : https://gocalsdb.wordpress.com/2021/03/20/gca2-insider-preview-is-live/
    I plan to launch GCA Launcher V2 on Google play in may so right now im focusing on cleaning up and optimization. Any features i had planned and didn't get to will be put off till a later date and improve on what we currently have.

Once GCA V2 has been published on the playstore, Pledges should initialize for outer country users and ratings will play a big role in development. Im also watching bug reports as everyone submits them. Google play dev console will help me locate the bugs that are hiding but id like to get the majority of them knocked down before publishing.

Next on my list is to tune up the launcher settings abit in the pre beta. I feel their are a few options that would play a bigger game if they had more options available and/or had a real time preview of what your tinkering with.

Translation will begin shortly after publishing on Google play. Just need to see where the application is being used the most and prioritize the languages needed. A community translation project will start later.

Thank you xda developers and surrounding community members for a successful beta launch. More to come!
    Small update today for Pre-Beta
    -Sytem UI theming fixes (Oreo+ specific fixes)
    -Click Events better handled by launcher (Detects if user is wanting to launch an app or send data to app sheet)
    -Added option to trigger light or dark mode
    -Added better support for light n dark mode in app sheets
    -Minor launcher performance fixes in background
    -Prepping support for groups sheet
    Just to catch everyone up on development, here's what is going down in the background.

Initially, i had setup a plan to release a 3 part update in June and than a stable release in August. With Google pushing android 11 out the door, things changed. For those who haven't had a chance to try android 11 yet, its a whole new system for the next generation. It focuses on security, new guidelines and personalization. With that said, alot of launchers will be broken before being adapted to android 11. I wanted GCA to be an exception. Apps are no longer to communicate with another without certain permissions, app data is handled differently based on the system user and trying to make a homescreen experience that blends in with the new personalization coming.

With that lingering in the background, i had no choice but to stop what i was doing and upgrade the database for GCA to be compatible with Android 11. This meant for a few big things to happen. Work profile or dual app support is coming. GCA Launcher will be able to distinguish which user is using the app and handle data going forward. Icons will be handled with a new rendering system which will present to the user new options of customization and higher quality. A search function will be adapted in the app drawer like the pre alpha because of the new database. The app drawers now have a dynamic customization system that allows instant changes based on the primary or secondary tab. Sheets will be updated to improve on what they currently do. Badges will do more than what they currently offer. The launcher theme engine will be updated and personalization will be revamped to offer more. Not to mention some security options il be adding.

With all these changes means a bigger package and sacrifices to be made. Will the launcher be android go friendly anymore? Will we be able to keep feature x for feature z? Etc...

Alot of people are requesting features from nova launcher or action launcher. Im trying my best not to be a copy cat. Its hard to look at something and try to figure it out from a different angle. How can we adapt customization over icons by doing it our way? How can we adapt in dynamic notification badges with our system? How can we implement a newsfeed without it lagging the system. Lots of questions, answers tp figure out.

Pledges are important as they fund the project. The next update will feature monthly goals and were the community stands at it. I will personal update this information when needed so community members can see where the project stands as an investment. Pledges fund the project. Its what makes the launcher free. Without pledges, il have to go back to premium features which i don't want todo.

As far everything else goes, everyone has been on point for feedback, request and reports. Especially the telegram crew.

Cheers everyone, regards Nx
    I plan to publish GCA Launcher V2 on the beta channel of Google Play and xda labs by tomorrow. I will update the OP with further details once publish. There are a handful of things we need to focus on first before moving forward with new features i have planned.

Thank you all to those who participated