[APP][5.0+] GCA Launcher

Search This thread

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
I first introduced GCA Launcher 3 years ago as an inspirational project based on Chromium OS and over the years of development and continuous feedback from the userbase, GCA Launcher has evolved into a one of kind launcher experience that is now considered competitive against its own kind. GCA is not a traditional android grid homescreen launcher app but a single screen homescreen experience. We sacrifice the cluttered homescreen experience for a focused workspace where users can place apps that are apart of their daily routines while retaining the ability to access to important features like shortcuts, notifications, actions and personalization. The app drawer has been designed for a one handed experience while retaining the organization and filtering experience users need to search for apps that are important to them. Below, Il talk about sections of the launcher in more detail.

THE HOMESCREEN
The homescreen was designed for users who want the Pixel experience on their devices but also provide them with a simple tier experience that has no clutter, that is easy to understand, have full control and have access to some inhouse features that are unique to GCA. The Homescreen was designed for both the big screen and mobile scene. Users can pin as many apps to their Shelf as they want. You can do so by going into your app drawer, long pressing on an app to access its popup menu and select pin to shelf. This then creates a hotseat for that specific app sets a unique ID to that speicif hotseat so its protected against other possible replicas the user may create. This in turn opens a door in the future that will allow me to add Actions, Groups, and other possible actions I can allow users to add to the shelf. Users can choose between using GCA Launchers built in Quick Search Bar to bond to their shelf or choose a specific searchbar widget to bond to the shelf or hide it all together. To access the app drawer, users simply swipe up from the shelf to access the app list. Users are also able to use either GCA Launchers built in Widget that simply works as a search bar and displays the Google App and Chrome app shortcuts or use a specific widget of their choice. The homescreen also has a set of customizeable gestures the user can bond actions and shortcuts to.

LAUNCHER SHEETS
While developing GCA Launcher, I wanted something that spoke material design (Besides the Material You theming features baked in) that was unique to the launcher. The idea came about while browsing the Material Component website by google and Material Sheets caught my eye.

By default, GCA uses the Navigation Menu to display the launcher menu on the homescreen but I decided to take this a step further and tap into its full ability to display content. There are 2 types of sheets that function in GCA Launcher. App Sheets and Launcher Sheets. Launcher Sheets display content that can interact with the user while App Sheets display information regarding the target its referring to. For EX: After accessing the popup menu, selecting the hamburger menu in the quick action list in the popup will open te App Sheet of the selected application, this will display System Actions and Setting Information. Launchers Sheets display information like the Launcher Menu, Quick Search, Notifications and more to come. Launcher Sheets can be bonded to gestures to quickly access them and they dont interfere with your homescreen. Its very similar to the quick space in Action Launcher.

BADGES
GCA Launcher brings 4 different app badges to the table. Dots, Badge Counts, Underline and Dynamic.

Dots have been redesigned to behave abit differently than pixel launcher. As notification counts increase, the border of the Dot will get darker.

Underlines are just, well underlines...

Badge Counts will show the current count of active notifications for an app.

Dynamic Badges are something new. I wanted to create something similar to Nova Launcher but ofcourse from my own perspective. As notifications increase for an app, it monitors the notifications in the background and watches the notification icons used. The icon is than rendered as a badge and placed on the app.

ICON EDITING
I have not cut any corners when it comes to Icon Editing. From applying 2 different icon packs for your app drawer and your shelf, to editing labels and choosing specific icons from installed icons packs to crafting your own icon from an image in your gallery, their are all sorts of possibilities for Icon Management. GCA Launchers uses its own Adaptive Icon Rendering library to manipulate icons to any size, shape, dim and even creating material you themed icons on your Shelf.

LAUNCHER SETTTINGS
The launcher settings was the most interesting part about this project. I wanted a complete redesign. A complete do over. Something new and fresh. The Launcher settings was designed for both new users and existing users in mind. The Interface uses a Rail Navigation for the core categories most users are focused on while pressing on the navigation button will expand the Navigation Menu that allows the user to access even more settings for the launcher.

PRO FEATURES
GCA LAUNCHER IS NO LONGER AN ALL FREE LAUNCHER (As it used to be when it first launched). With the pandemic and everything else going on in my life, I had to make the choice to make GCA Launcher a profitable project. Unlike other premium launchers where the user buys a premium key and everything unlocks, GCA Launcher DOES NOT USE THIS APPROACH. Users can now buy individual pro features based on their needs and wants. I am working on ways to reward users with discounts and/or if you have purchased pledges in the past. Pledges are just donations and don't reward you with anything however I am working on getting pledged users discounts to reep benifits from. I am also working on discount days and special events to earn pro features. This is an entirely new direction for launchers, so yeah im a tad nervous about it but being the first launcher dev to approach this but im excited at the same time. Once you purchase a pro feature, it should unlock automatically from the launcher settings or just implement itself under the hood. If it doesnt seem to stick properly, reboot the launcher or make sure the pro feature has been purchased.

PRO FEATURES FOR NONE GOOGLE USERS
Some android devices around the world do not run off of google or just is not available and I understand this and am working very hard in the background to figure out a solution that will not be abused. I will have something for you in the future.

ANDROID GO VERSION
Coming soon!

Core Features
  • Launcher supports work profile apps and dual apps
  • Supports to indicate paused apps
  • Supports Action Dash system shortcut
  • Supoorts Sesame Searchbar in the Shelf
  • Launcher takes into consideration Full Screen Gestures and the Navigation Bar when needed to
  • Groups allow users to create organized folders of apps available in the Groups Sheet
  • Multi-tab search in the app drawer
  • While enabling Recent Apps and Groups in the app drawer, this will disable the section seeker view
  • Launcher Sheets are a new approach to menus and options for the launcher and apps.
  • The Shelf offers specific actions for apps that differ from the Drawer apps. One option in specific is the favorite action.
  • The Shelf and App Drawer apps will feature different system shortcuts and features in the app sheet. Long clicking on an app will make a popup menu appear, click the hamburger menu for a sheet menu
  • Apps can be edited in 2 options. The physical editing and the personal options. Personal options are in the launcher settings and allow options like icon sizes, label editing and shape shifting. Physical options can be found in the popup menu by clicking edit. This allows adaptive override, icon pack editing, scale and label editing.
  • The Shelf features a revised searchbar that can be toggled to the Top, Bottom or Removed completely. The searchbar features a shortcut to open the launcher menu, a global search feature, an assistant shortcut and has an option to store and track the usage of App Shortcuts to feature a recent actions holder.
  • Hide and Edit apps right from the popup menu
  • The App Drawer is built on a fastscroll functionality.
  • Recent Apps now uses Usage Stats Data. This gives Recent Apps a 100% reliable stat and not clutter up the app drawer when its not in use. The list will update on a regular basis.
  • The Shelf and App Drawer themes are based on a sheet style. They overlap each other creating some interesting twist to style.
  • App Shortcuts and Notifications for the current app appear in the popup menu
  • Active Notifications appear in app sheets showing users a preview of current notifications. Clicking on the notification will take you to that action. The notification sheet will display all your active notifications and snoozed notifications.
  • Users can manage a blacklist of notification badges
  • GCA Launcher does support Material Widgets in Android 12
  • Widgets can be resized by long clicking on them and a resize module will appear.
  • Material You theming powered by MonetCompat
  • Launcher settings features smart suggestions that appear on certain variables when available

Join the beta program to receive the newest build of GCA Launcher and to test new features before they officially release.

Links:
GCA Telegram Channel
GCA Telegram News Channel

GCA Launcher on Google Play

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220329-132425.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132425.png
    586.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Screenshot_20220329-132653.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132653.png
    669.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_20220329-132325.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132325.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_20220329-132715.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132715.png
    563.5 KB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot_20220329-132746.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132746.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_20220329-132801.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132801.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20220329-132833.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132833.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20220329-132931.png
    Screenshot_20220329-132931.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
General Note:
This is a pre beta of which means parts of the launcher are not even functional yet. I did a pre beta to find errors i couldn't find myself and to get feedback on the progress we currently are at. If you see a page that is blank or something isn't functional, chances are it wasn't ready for the public yet. Please be patient with things.

Common Questions:
Why does GCA Launchers Adaptive icons behave so differently compared to the ones found in stock launchers?
-That is because the icons use a different mechanic and were made from scratch so everyone could enjoy adaptive icons and it not be exclusive to 7.1+ users. My icons can be modified from the icon to the shape override.

Can we get a launcher import option?
-No, not currently. Almost all launchers that exist use the base of Googles Launcher3 which adding an import option for them is easy. I would have to take the database, tear it apart, create a converter and place the data we need were it belongs. We are not there yet.

The System UI seems to behave differently from other apps.
-GCA Launcher has a theme engine similar to pixel launcher and trys to make the choice of a light or dark navbar or statusbar. Using Android10s dark mode may confuse things but eventually il have it all sorted out.

The launcher interface isn't what I expected. Shouldn't it behave like pixel launcher?
-No, it behaves like it should be. How it was designed.

Does it support quickswitch?
-It never will unless Google changes the api for the recents provider. I blame the lawnchair team of this common question as many users have assumed this is a premium feature now and should be supported by all launchers now which isn't the case.

Does this launcher support dark mode from android10?
-yes but we have some work todo yet

Why do things look weird in the launcher settings? Preference category is hard to read and matches the toolbar color.
-Try changing the color scheme in the style settings. This is the GCA theme engine at work.

Ratings:
If you post a rating for GCA Launcher coming from V1, more than likely i will dis regard it. V1 is being deprecated soon and all bugs and errors you will find in V1 on the playstore are being disregarded. V2 is a rewrite with new features and new bugs.

Last edited:

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Screenshots of V2

Attachments

• 1585168333102.jpg
    1585168333102.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 7,324
  • 1585168327156.jpg
    1585168327156.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 7,247
  • 1585168321095.jpg
    1585168321095.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 7,123
  • 1585168315230.jpg
    1585168315230.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 6,368
  • 1585168309638.jpg
    1585168309638.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 6,564
  • 1585168304041.jpg
    1585168304041.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 6,093
  • 1585168298343.jpg
    1585168298343.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 5,783
  • 1585168291394.jpg
    1585168291394.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 5,451
  • 1585168283283.jpg
    1585168283283.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 5,158
  • 1585168278432.jpg
    1585168278432.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 4,907
  • 1585168274012.jpg
    1585168274012.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 4,302
  • 1585168269205.jpg
    1585168269205.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 3,982
  • 1585168263797.jpg
    1585168263797.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 3,639
  • 1585168224478.jpg
    1585168224478.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 3,450
  • 1585168218054.jpg
    1585168218054.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 3,697

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
I updated the build earlier to fix something for Android 8 users and ended up screwing something up for Android 9 users so il be keeping tabs on everything as much as possible but I will not be able to do anything if no one says anything. Please provide feedback as much as possible. Thank you in advanced.

Those of you keeping me informed of crashes, thank you, thank you, thank you

hatdrc

Feb 17, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 4 XL
I just installed this and have only played with it for a few minutes. A couple things I have noticed.

The status bar icons and time take on the same color as the wallpaper. I installed and ran it with a white background. The status bar icons were white, when I changed to a black background they changed to black as well.

I can't get the size of the icons to save. When I go to settings>theme and style>launcher icon I change the size from small to normal but when you click ok and go back into the setting it says small again.

I also would get where the phone would default back to the stock launcher.

Maybe I didn't play around with it enough but how do you set apps on the dock?

I will mess with it some more tomorrow and let you know if I find anything else.

Also I am on a Pixel 4 XL on March update. Not rooted or unlocked

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
I just installed this and have only played with it for a few minutes. A couple things I have noticed.

The status bar icons and time take on the same color as the wallpaper. I installed and ran it with a white background. The status bar icons were white, when I changed to a black background they changed to black as well.

I can't get the size of the icons to save. When I go to settings>theme and style>launcher icon I change the size from small to normal but when you click ok and go back into the setting it says small again.

I also would get where the phone would default back to the stock launcher.

Maybe I didn't play around with it enough but how do you set apps on the dock?

I will mess with it some more tomorrow and let you know if I find anything else.

Also I am on a Pixel 4 XL on March update. Not rooted or unlocked

Shelf apps can be changed by long clicking on a Shelf favorite and their will be a Favorite option to select a different package. This option isn't available in the App Drawer apps so it might be easy to miss.

When changing the icon sizes, make sure your changing the icon size and bot just the text size. Both options are in one dialog.

Id your having a hard time switching out your default launcher, you can use my No'Me app i have listed above. It helps alot.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
The app in your GDrive is (always) updated ?
Going to test your launcher by curiosity.
Thx !

Yes, I keep both Gdrive and Telegram beta channel updated. I will be publishing the beta build on Playstore when i feel its stable enough. Right now, we constantly keep running into something that prevents me from doing so.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Hi, I was wondering if you could add an import feature?
I take a lot of time to setup my whole homescreen and it would be amazing to have an import feature. Thanks

I want to import my nova launcher setup to this launcher.

That won't happen because this launcher uses a different style and approach to the launcher scene. The most customization you will do in this launcher is color scheme and icon theming

vpguru

May 9, 2014
Hi,

I was more curious and installed it in my android 8.0 with custom system UI colours (non rooted).

when I set as launcher, the system UI get restarted again and again. Finally, it ended up with Factory reset.

PaulDnoOb

Jun 9, 2013
San Fernando
beautiful launcher ? works great on my old Nokia 8, on my Nova 5T not so much (cause Huawei) I'll watch the progress of this launcher from now on, thank you for this, Pledge doesn't work on the pre- beta

Reactions: Nx Biotic

ununununun

Mar 29, 2020
Great launcher

Great launcher but it's a bit buggy for me on One UI. The header text is dark in the settings and also in app options when using dark mode and adaptive icons don't work properly for Samsung apps. The status bar also is dark on home screen and blends in with the wallpaper so it's hard to read. Also when you open the app drawer the shelf doesn't completely hide the app icons (the top portion is still visible). I don't know if that's by design but it looks weird. Search doesn't work (probably because I don't have the Google app installed but if that's the case I wish there was an option to disable it). Creating a widget causes the launcher to freeze, and it only recovers when I clear data and force stop. When you press and hold an icon, even if the side menu shows up partially, if you leave pressing the app, the app will launch. You have to wait for the side menu to completely open. That's not much of an issue once you get used it's behavior. It's an early build so the bugs are expected but I thought I will report them anyways.
WnyBHWc

0G5Tx66

ZhQQC49

r44Xzkg

Reactions: Nx Biotic

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Great launcher but it's a bit buggy for me on One UI. The header text is dark in the settings and also in app options when using dark mode and adaptive icons don't work properly for Samsung apps. The status bar also is dark on home screen and blends in with the wallpaper so it's hard to read. Also when you open the app drawer the shelf doesn't completely hide the app icons (the top portion is still visible). I don't know if that's by design but it looks weird. Search doesn't work (probably because I don't have the Google app installed but if that's the case I wish there was an option to disable it). Creating a widget causes the launcher to freeze, and it only recovers when I clear data and force stop. When you press and hold an icon, even if the side menu shows up partially, if you leave pressing the app, the app will launch. You have to wait for the side menu to completely open. That's not much of an issue once you get used it's behavior. It's an early build so the bugs are expected but I thought I will report them anyways.

Thank you for your feedback

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I first introduced GCA Launcher 3 years ago as an inspirational project based on Chromium OS and over the years of development and continuous feedback from the userbase, GCA Launcher has evolved into a one of kind launcher experience that is now considered competitive against its own kind. GCA is not a traditional android grid homescreen launcher app but a single screen homescreen experience. We sacrifice the cluttered homescreen experience for a focused workspace where users can place apps that are apart of their daily routines while retaining the ability to access to important features like shortcuts, notifications, actions and personalization. The app drawer has been designed for a one handed experience while retaining the organization and filtering experience users need to search for apps that are important to them. Below, Il talk about sections of the launcher in more detail.

THE HOMESCREEN
    The homescreen was designed for users who want the Pixel experience on their devices but also provide them with a simple tier experience that has no clutter, that is easy to understand, have full control and have access to some inhouse features that are unique to GCA. The Homescreen was designed for both the big screen and mobile scene. Users can pin as many apps to their Shelf as they want. You can do so by going into your app drawer, long pressing on an app to access its popup menu and select pin to shelf. This then creates a hotseat for that specific app sets a unique ID to that speicif hotseat so its protected against other possible replicas the user may create. This in turn opens a door in the future that will allow me to add Actions, Groups, and other possible actions I can allow users to add to the shelf. Users can choose between using GCA Launchers built in Quick Search Bar to bond to their shelf or choose a specific searchbar widget to bond to the shelf or hide it all together. To access the app drawer, users simply swipe up from the shelf to access the app list. Users are also able to use either GCA Launchers built in Widget that simply works as a search bar and displays the Google App and Chrome app shortcuts or use a specific widget of their choice. The homescreen also has a set of customizeable gestures the user can bond actions and shortcuts to.

LAUNCHER SHEETS
    While developing GCA Launcher, I wanted something that spoke material design (Besides the Material You theming features baked in) that was unique to the launcher. The idea came about while browsing the Material Component website by google and Material Sheets caught my eye.

By default, GCA uses the Navigation Menu to display the launcher menu on the homescreen but I decided to take this a step further and tap into its full ability to display content. There are 2 types of sheets that function in GCA Launcher. App Sheets and Launcher Sheets. Launcher Sheets display content that can interact with the user while App Sheets display information regarding the target its referring to. For EX: After accessing the popup menu, selecting the hamburger menu in the quick action list in the popup will open te App Sheet of the selected application, this will display System Actions and Setting Information. Launchers Sheets display information like the Launcher Menu, Quick Search, Notifications and more to come. Launcher Sheets can be bonded to gestures to quickly access them and they dont interfere with your homescreen. Its very similar to the quick space in Action Launcher.

BADGES
    GCA Launcher brings 4 different app badges to the table. Dots, Badge Counts, Underline and Dynamic.

Dots have been redesigned to behave abit differently than pixel launcher. As notification counts increase, the border of the Dot will get darker.

Underlines are just, well underlines...

Badge Counts will show the current count of active notifications for an app.

Dynamic Badges are something new. I wanted to create something similar to Nova Launcher but ofcourse from my own perspective. As notifications increase for an app, it monitors the notifications in the background and watches the notification icons used. The icon is than rendered as a badge and placed on the app.

ICON EDITING
    I have not cut any corners when it comes to Icon Editing. From applying 2 different icon packs for your app drawer and your shelf, to editing labels and choosing specific icons from installed icons packs to crafting your own icon from an image in your gallery, their are all sorts of possibilities for Icon Management. GCA Launchers uses its own Adaptive Icon Rendering library to manipulate icons to any size, shape, dim and even creating material you themed icons on your Shelf.

LAUNCHER SETTTINGS
    The launcher settings was the most interesting part about this project. I wanted a complete redesign. A complete do over. Something new and fresh. The Launcher settings was designed for both new users and existing users in mind. The Interface uses a Rail Navigation for the core categories most users are focused on while pressing on the navigation button will expand the Navigation Menu that allows the user to access even more settings for the launcher.

PRO FEATURES
    GCA LAUNCHER IS NO LONGER AN ALL FREE LAUNCHER (As it used to be when it first launched). With the pandemic and everything else going on in my life, I had to make the choice to make GCA Launcher a profitable project. Unlike other premium launchers where the user buys a premium key and everything unlocks, GCA Launcher DOES NOT USE THIS APPROACH. Users can now buy individual pro features based on their needs and wants. I am working on ways to reward users with discounts and/or if you have purchased pledges in the past. Pledges are just donations and don't reward you with anything however I am working on getting pledged users discounts to reep benifits from. I am also working on discount days and special events to earn pro features. This is an entirely new direction for launchers, so yeah im a tad nervous about it but being the first launcher dev to approach this but im excited at the same time. Once you purchase a pro feature, it should unlock automatically from the launcher settings or just implement itself under the hood. If it doesnt seem to stick properly, reboot the launcher or make sure the pro feature has been purchased.

PRO FEATURES FOR NONE GOOGLE USERS
    Some android devices around the world do not run off of google or just is not available and I understand this and am working very hard in the background to figure out a solution that will not be abused. I will have something for you in the future.

ANDROID GO VERSION
    Coming soon!

Core Features
    • Launcher supports work profile apps and dual apps
    • Supports to indicate paused apps
    • Supports Action Dash system shortcut
    • Supoorts Sesame Searchbar in the Shelf
    • Launcher takes into consideration Full Screen Gestures and the Navigation Bar when needed to
    • Groups allow users to create organized folders of apps available in the Groups Sheet
    • Multi-tab search in the app drawer
    • While enabling Recent Apps and Groups in the app drawer, this will disable the section seeker view
    • Launcher Sheets are a new approach to menus and options for the launcher and apps.
    • The Shelf offers specific actions for apps that differ from the Drawer apps. One option in specific is the favorite action.
    • The Shelf and App Drawer apps will feature different system shortcuts and features in the app sheet. Long clicking on an app will make a popup menu appear, click the hamburger menu for a sheet menu
    • Apps can be edited in 2 options. The physical editing and the personal options. Personal options are in the launcher settings and allow options like icon sizes, label editing and shape shifting. Physical options can be found in the popup menu by clicking edit. This allows adaptive override, icon pack editing, scale and label editing.
    • The Shelf features a revised searchbar that can be toggled to the Top, Bottom or Removed completely. The searchbar features a shortcut to open the launcher menu, a global search feature, an assistant shortcut and has an option to store and track the usage of App Shortcuts to feature a recent actions holder.
    • Hide and Edit apps right from the popup menu
    • The App Drawer is built on a fastscroll functionality.
    • Recent Apps now uses Usage Stats Data. This gives Recent Apps a 100% reliable stat and not clutter up the app drawer when its not in use. The list will update on a regular basis.
    • The Shelf and App Drawer themes are based on a sheet style. They overlap each other creating some interesting twist to style.
    • App Shortcuts and Notifications for the current app appear in the popup menu
    • Active Notifications appear in app sheets showing users a preview of current notifications. Clicking on the notification will take you to that action. The notification sheet will display all your active notifications and snoozed notifications.
    • Users can manage a blacklist of notification badges
    • GCA Launcher does support Material Widgets in Android 12
    • Widgets can be resized by long clicking on them and a resize module will appear.
    • Material You theming powered by MonetCompat
    • Launcher settings features smart suggestions that appear on certain variables when available

Join the beta program to receive the newest build of GCA Launcher and to test new features before they officially release.

Links:
    GCA Telegram Channel
    GCA Telegram News Channel

GCA Launcher on Google Play
    I plan to launch GCA Launcher V2 on Google play in may so right now im focusing on cleaning up and optimization. Any features i had planned and didn't get to will be put off till a later date and improve on what we currently have.

Once GCA V2 has been published on the playstore, Pledges should initialize for outer country users and ratings will play a big role in development. Im also watching bug reports as everyone submits them. Google play dev console will help me locate the bugs that are hiding but id like to get the majority of them knocked down before publishing.

Next on my list is to tune up the launcher settings abit in the pre beta. I feel their are a few options that would play a bigger game if they had more options available and/or had a real time preview of what your tinkering with.

Translation will begin shortly after publishing on Google play. Just need to see where the application is being used the most and prioritize the languages needed. A community translation project will start later.

Thank you xda developers and surrounding community members for a successful beta launch. More to come!
    Small update today for Pre-Beta
    -Sytem UI theming fixes (Oreo+ specific fixes)
    -Click Events better handled by launcher (Detects if user is wanting to launch an app or send data to app sheet)
    -Added option to trigger light or dark mode
    -Added better support for light n dark mode in app sheets
    -Minor launcher performance fixes in background
    -Prepping support for groups sheet
    Just to catch everyone up on development, here's what is going down in the background.

Initially, i had setup a plan to release a 3 part update in June and than a stable release in August. With Google pushing android 11 out the door, things changed. For those who haven't had a chance to try android 11 yet, its a whole new system for the next generation. It focuses on security, new guidelines and personalization. With that said, alot of launchers will be broken before being adapted to android 11. I wanted GCA to be an exception. Apps are no longer to communicate with another without certain permissions, app data is handled differently based on the system user and trying to make a homescreen experience that blends in with the new personalization coming.

With that lingering in the background, i had no choice but to stop what i was doing and upgrade the database for GCA to be compatible with Android 11. This meant for a few big things to happen. Work profile or dual app support is coming. GCA Launcher will be able to distinguish which user is using the app and handle data going forward. Icons will be handled with a new rendering system which will present to the user new options of customization and higher quality. A search function will be adapted in the app drawer like the pre alpha because of the new database. The app drawers now have a dynamic customization system that allows instant changes based on the primary or secondary tab. Sheets will be updated to improve on what they currently do. Badges will do more than what they currently offer. The launcher theme engine will be updated and personalization will be revamped to offer more. Not to mention some security options il be adding.

With all these changes means a bigger package and sacrifices to be made. Will the launcher be android go friendly anymore? Will we be able to keep feature x for feature z? Etc...

Alot of people are requesting features from nova launcher or action launcher. Im trying my best not to be a copy cat. Its hard to look at something and try to figure it out from a different angle. How can we adapt customization over icons by doing it our way? How can we adapt in dynamic notification badges with our system? How can we implement a newsfeed without it lagging the system. Lots of questions, answers tp figure out.

Pledges are important as they fund the project. The next update will feature monthly goals and were the community stands at it. I will personal update this information when needed so community members can see where the project stands as an investment. Pledges fund the project. Its what makes the launcher free. Without pledges, il have to go back to premium features which i don't want todo.

As far everything else goes, everyone has been on point for feedback, request and reports. Especially the telegram crew.

Cheers everyone, regards Nx
    I plan to publish GCA Launcher V2 on the beta channel of Google Play and xda labs by tomorrow. I will update the OP with further details once publish. There are a handful of things we need to focus on first before moving forward with new features i have planned.

Thank you all to those who participated