Launcher fails to start after restore

Search This thread

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
Hi guys,
I am a very satisfied Leedroid ROM-User on my HTC Desire. Because of I needed to revert back to a former NAND-backup, I made a NAND-backup of my current ROM. Everything went well. The problem now is, that when I now want to restore my current NAND-backup, the launcher does not start. The restore was successfull but when booting is complete, there is a bunch of errors saying "The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly.". And the error keeps coming again and again - I canot do anything. Pease help.
Thanks!

Last edited:

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hi guys,
I am a very satisfied Leedroid ROM-User on my HTC Desire. Because of I needed to revert back to a former NAND-backup, I made a NAND-backup of my current ROM. Everything went well. The problem now is, that when I now want to restore my current NAND-backup, the launcher does not start. The restore was successfull but when booting is complete, there is a bunch of errors saying "The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly.". And the error keeps coming again and again - I canot do anything. Pease help.
Thanks!

Try deleting cache and dalvik cache.

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
Okay I now also deleted the caches after the restore process - unfortunatelly with the same result. Many process crashes at startup: launcher, gapps, gm, mms, newsreader, updater, vending, ...

chrash after crash.

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Okay I now also deleted the caches after the restore process - unfortunatelly with the same result. Many process crashes at startup: launcher, gapps, gm, mms, newsreader, updater, vending, ...

chrash after crash.

Ok...try this. Do a clean install of the rom, only restore data. Maybe some part of the backup got somehow corrupted.

Or you could just use Titanium Backup Pro to extract your apps from the backup.

Reactions: blaukraut

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

chrash after crash.

Ok...try this. Do a clean install of the rom, only restore data. Maybe some part of the backup got somehow corrupted.

Or you could just use Titanium Backup Pro to extract your apps from the backup.