• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LAUNCHER][NO ROOT] Xperia launcher alternative

Search This thread

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Havent seen you around for awhile mate, since z2/3 pureX days... How are you?

Hei mate.. I am fine. Good to see you again.. :victory:

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Wow Rajeev, happy to hear from you since so many years ?

Hei master. :highfive:. Good to see you again. I was looking for your old Xperia Launcher port for my friend. So accidentally came here. :silly:.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Is it possible to disable app drawer and go like iPhone/emui style?

Unfortunately, not possible..

Last edited:
Reactions: Beetle84

Rodders_28

Feb 3, 2010
My 'At a glance' widget has stopped working, its changed to how it looks below. Before I had the day, date and weather all in one line. You could touch the date for the calendar and weather would open the google weather app.
I cant even change it at all now, every other aspect in the launcher I can change, just not the 'At a glance'?!
y4m0f-xIZAlPwEhtsWBOiti_1QOYHpTtmPcGdvEJKZdH0K4gan9Fer3BB2P1HrVJQ8lcoZoYkXlMgskGjrdXsWeVLD8clT0hE1-TyVRzurLp_uxVqlf2lzEeqaRght7pumo7BGqHHV8k_iWyvG8qhgKxl_aVPTv9HPReVdJ6pN84khbwNIVwWt0zuQtHy7a2Gv8Er3P7Lpt76GHVzH0gxqodg

Been playing, if I switch to AccuWeather, that loads Google weather. If I have Google weather on, it just messes it all up. Kinda fixed for how I like it. But it used to be ok on Google weather. I did nothing and it went wrong.

AJHutchinson

Aug 29, 2012
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hi folks,

Bored of stock Xperia launcher?

Here's the best alternative, Lawnchair.

Google play version is outdated but you'll find latest update here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/delet...627-ci-q-merge-android-apk-download/download/

You will need Lawnfeed to enable Google left panel: https://lawnchair.app/lawnfeed/?ref=lawnchair

Enjoy

Every other launcher is bloated with too much sh*t I've always liked Xperia Home for its minimalistic approach, when I use any other android though I always go to the Microsoft Launcher as it's just quick with everything disabled ?

niaboc79

Recognized Developer / Inactive RT
Sep 8, 2007
Enghien
www.nirvana-records.be
My 'At a glance' widget has stopped working, its changed to how it looks below. Before I had the day, date and weather all in one line. You could touch the date for the calendar and weather would open the google weather app.
I cant even change it at all now, every other aspect in the launcher I can change, just not the 'At a glance'?!
y4m0f-xIZAlPwEhtsWBOiti_1QOYHpTtmPcGdvEJKZdH0K4gan9Fer3BB2P1HrVJQ8lcoZoYkXlMgskGjrdXsWeVLD8clT0hE1-TyVRzurLp_uxVqlf2lzEeqaRght7pumo7BGqHHV8k_iWyvG8qhgKxl_aVPTv9HPReVdJ6pN84khbwNIVwWt0zuQtHy7a2Gv8Er3P7Lpt76GHVzH0gxqodg

Been playing, if I switch to AccuWeather, that loads Google weather. If I have Google weather on, it just messes it all up. Kinda fixed for how I like it. But it used to be ok on Google weather. I did nothing and it went wrong.

Backup your settings within Lawnchair settings. Wipe Lawnchair data, reboot, restore your settings.

It might help

palkia171993

Aug 3, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh City
Hi, I've just tried the latest Lawnchair apk in the thread on my Xperia 5.
Navigation Gesture works as long as I don't set Lawnchair as the default launcher. However, that would means every time I swipe up to go home, it will be Default Xperia Launcher and I have to enter Lawnchair again.
If I set Lawnchair as default, it will switch back to 3-button. Is there a way to fix this?

goudidi

Apr 6, 2020
It works on my Xperia 1 ii. You have to go to settings + applications + select Xperia home + advanced preferences + application on home page and finally select Lawnchair.
And Now it works without any bugs !

Last edited:

elpvn

Dec 8, 2012
Munich
hi all, how to get old Xperia Home (with swipe down to open Search app) to working on my Xperia 1 mark II, I tried install a universal Xperia Home mod but it's say "app not install" :((

I miss swipe down gesture to search app so much :(

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Gesture nav isn't working for me :eek:

Edit:
Fixed it !

Sent from my Xperia 1 II using XDA Labs

Apologies but how did you fixed it with no root or any additional software? I am trying to use lawnchair but the whole navigation is broken for me if I do not use the stock sony launcher, which pisses me off as it's very simplistic and bare bones. (Sorry for bumping an old thread).

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
Lawnchair for Android 11 (Lawnchair 11) has been released in its alpha stage.
You'll have to install Lawnfeed 3.apk and Lawnchair 11.0 Alpha xx.apk.
Presently, the version is Alpha 4. I've intalled it and it seems quite stable, for the moment there are much less options than in lawnchair 2 but at least there are much more options than in Sony stock launcher...

Keep informed about lawnchair releases with telegram at: t.me/Lawnchairci

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts