[Launcher Sense Exclusive] HTC Sapphire UI

Search This thread

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
HTC Sense users look for 2 things. An experience to match the beauty and perfection of their HTC ONE or get the closest to a Google Experience without ruining their HTC Sense experience. I've done both... The solution you ask? Ive built a hybrid just for us.

Based off of the AOSP Launcher3 latest revision in kitkat and my private OpenSense SDK, Id like to introduce HTC Sapphire UI for HTC ONE. Sapphire is an exclusive 3rd party launcher designed and built specifically for the architecture of the HTC ONE device lineup and OpenSense SDK offering users an unbelievably smooth and Google/HTC hybrid experience. Sapphire offers users a launcher experience that both meets the expectations of Google fans and Blinkfeed fans as this launcher is binded to both Blinkfeed and Google Now.

Current Features (Going based on Dev Preview)
*Based on latest revision of Launcher3 kitkat
*Built on SDK21
*Built on OpenSense 7 SDK
*Mirrored off HTC Framework
*Activity and Custom Shortcut support
*HTC Widget Support
*AOSP wallpaper crop support
*Google Now always listening support
*HTC Blinkfeed persistant support
*Optimized Interface for HTC Sense
*Super Stable User Interface
*Highly Modified Launcher Activity based on Prism
*Google Sync (WIP)
*Gesture Recognition/Launch
*Swipe motion detection
*Sapphire wallpaper chooser (choice of wallpapers)
*S-Dashboard
*Sapphire Search Bar
*Sapphire Time Clock

Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115542523912843355119
Download: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56370384

Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5B4r0081LETN3UyZmNrUXh6Sjg/edit?usp=docslist_api

1NE Key (Donate) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NxIndustries.Sapphire1NE
--Do not purchase the 1NE Key if u plan on returning it! It is a donation towards Sapphire development and not garunteed to get extra features in future. --

Follow the rules on Google Play, participate in the feedback program, notify and confirm HTC device support, do not INCLUDE in any custom roms or be penalized(Unless given permission) , do not hand out, do not request an AOSP port, do not tamper with code unless given permission.

Project Home:
Link: www.bionx.webs.com/htc-sapphire

HTC Sapphire UI is not related in any way to HTC or its company. A legal notice has been placed in the latest revision of this launcher for action of adding and removing content as well as terms of service and project purpose.

HTC Devs are welcomed to contribute to this project.

NOTICE:
If youd like to try the latest dev preview of Sapphire UI, please contact me. This launcher will work on any HTC that has Sense 6 or 7 installed. This launcher will not work on any kind of AOSP port and will not work properly if any HTC apps have been removed from your system or tampered with. The Sapphire ONE key revenue is currently being used to purchase a M9 to continue rom development and Sapphire UI development(Nothing more or less).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-01-09-01-14.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-01-09-01-14.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 14,955
Last edited:

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
do not use in any HTC custom roms or be penalized, do not hand out, do not request an AOSP port, do not tamper with code unless given permission.

I think htc , itself wont like you tampering and putting something on playstore which makes use of htc framework.
they removed htc look alike widgets , dont think this is gonna last long on play store.
or
u planning to just keep it only on these developments forums?

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
I think htc , itself wont like you tampering and putting something on playstore which makes use of htc framework.
they removed htc look alike widgets , dont think this is gonna last long on play store.
or
u planning to just keep it only on these developments forums?
Eh, only reason they'd do that is if i managed to actually make something better which I doubt that be the case

Thats almost like saying were not aloud to have roms out like Insertcoin, Renovate or Vipor Mod

Last edited:

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
On viper Rom. Incompatible.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
One of 2 things could cuz this as I see InsertCoin users are having the same problem. A feature request has been modified in the rom to the point, Sapphire doesn't understand it or the model ID number doesnt match of what it should be in Google Play to talk back to compatibility list.

I will be investigating this
Item not found after doing first and second step

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Ive heard that this process may take a maximum of 30 minutes to register. Keep checking the link =) if all else fails, redo the process.
Running smooth on Maximus HD 6.0.1 (w/ latest firmware)
Nice to here, another rom to add to checklist

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
First quick feedback, not a fan of the app drawer icon but that's literally having just installed it. I'll give it more of a blast and go from there :)

Reactions: Nx Biotic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Sense users look for 2 things. An experience to match the beauty and perfection of their HTC ONE or get the closest to a Google Experience without ruining their HTC Sense experience. I've done both... The solution you ask? Ive built a hybrid just for us.

Based off of the AOSP Launcher3 latest revision in kitkat and my private OpenSense SDK, Id like to introduce HTC Sapphire UI for HTC ONE. Sapphire is an exclusive 3rd party launcher designed and built specifically for the architecture of the HTC ONE device lineup and OpenSense SDK offering users an unbelievably smooth and Google/HTC hybrid experience. Sapphire offers users a launcher experience that both meets the expectations of Google fans and Blinkfeed fans as this launcher is binded to both Blinkfeed and Google Now.

Current Features (Going based on Dev Preview)
    *Based on latest revision of Launcher3 kitkat
    *Built on SDK21
    *Built on OpenSense 7 SDK
    *Mirrored off HTC Framework
    *Activity and Custom Shortcut support
    *HTC Widget Support
    *AOSP wallpaper crop support
    *Google Now always listening support
    *HTC Blinkfeed persistant support
    *Optimized Interface for HTC Sense
    *Super Stable User Interface
    *Highly Modified Launcher Activity based on Prism
    *Google Sync (WIP)
    *Gesture Recognition/Launch
    *Swipe motion detection
    *Sapphire wallpaper chooser (choice of wallpapers)
    *S-Dashboard
    *Sapphire Search Bar
    *Sapphire Time Clock

Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115542523912843355119
    Download: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=56370384

Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5B4r0081LETN3UyZmNrUXh6Sjg/edit?usp=docslist_api

1NE Key (Donate) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NxIndustries.Sapphire1NE
    --Do not purchase the 1NE Key if u plan on returning it! It is a donation towards Sapphire development and not garunteed to get extra features in future. --

Follow the rules on Google Play, participate in the feedback program, notify and confirm HTC device support, do not INCLUDE in any custom roms or be penalized(Unless given permission) , do not hand out, do not request an AOSP port, do not tamper with code unless given permission.

Project Home:
    Link: www.bionx.webs.com/htc-sapphire

HTC Sapphire UI is not related in any way to HTC or its company. A legal notice has been placed in the latest revision of this launcher for action of adding and removing content as well as terms of service and project purpose.

HTC Devs are welcomed to contribute to this project.

NOTICE:
    If youd like to try the latest dev preview of Sapphire UI, please contact me. This launcher will work on any HTC that has Sense 6 or 7 installed. This launcher will not work on any kind of AOSP port and will not work properly if any HTC apps have been removed from your system or tampered with. The Sapphire ONE key revenue is currently being used to purchase a M9 to continue rom development and Sapphire UI development(Nothing more or less).
    Build 1.2

Update 2.1
    -In changelog of latest revision

Screenshots
    -Coming soon, current screenshots are not accurate and up to date!

Supported Devices
    9b7aa76faf9fda8a3df9a33233f75bd4.jpg

Next update will feature an updated Sapphire Sliding Menu & Actionbar to replace persistant search bar. The buttons will be shortcuts to built in HTC apps and activities.
    Working on Gesture Recognition or "Fling" for Sapphire. Launch a shortcut anywhere with a simple gesture. Alot of modification yet for the HTC framework but its looking awesome.

74443e0f6f14d3b2fe994089ccda3c55.jpg
    a1559e967e8cd98d61d67b5d8d84e8d8.jpg
    5778409b50b12c3245d7b544fc405bf6.jpg
    Probably doesnt look any different from last screenshot but today i made alot of progress.
    Recoded my own version of summoning the HTC Sliding Menu as a seperate activity so when you press the back button, it dismisses the menu and not back track your steps in the launcher itself. The sunlight icon will take you directly to htc weather app, while the indicated Sense setting icons below will take you directly to their settings like the current preference menu does in latest play store build. Below the sunlight icon, im trying to get a light temp reader and the date to appear beside it in a clean fashion much like the masthead in Blinkfeed. Also on startup, Sapphire will allow you to sign into your google and your profile information will show on the menu identifing you as the owner of your device. Much like a android L profile concept.

I am also working on a clean built in gesture settings. As far as launcher customization, nothing at this point and no plans as of now. I like a clean and stable interface.

67b50824562b79bd67018efb53624371.jpg