Launcher?

Search This thread

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
Hi all,

What is the best launcher to install ?

The two things I want are to be able to hide apps, and to have to swipe up to access app drawer as opposed to having an icon for it.

I have tried a couple but the p20 original launcher always ends up taking over. Or with the Lawn launcher for some reason I could add the time/weather widget.

Thanks

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
Try Ruthless pixel launcher from XDA labs. (If it crashes go to settings and enable storage permission; Bug with pixel launchers on huawei phones)

Cheers, can you remove the Google search bar at bottom screen or is that there all the time? If so I'll download later!

Mara-X

Nov 3, 2016
Silly questions then.

I can't find in the settings:

Get rid of Google assistant on home page, and hide the useless apps in the app drawer I don't want to see?

Cheers!

It's right there in dock settings. "Bottom search bar" Disable the feed in the bottom of "At a glance" settings.
To hide apps simply long press, edit and tick hide app icon.

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
It's right there in dock settings. "Bottom search bar" Disable the feed in the bottom of "At a glance" settings.
To hide apps simply long press, edit and tick hide app icon.

On the at a glance I only have the attached. And long pressing an app only gives me app info or some generic options?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180901-141545.jpg
    Screenshot_20180901-141545.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,929

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
Last edited:

Max2thecore

Dec 19, 2015
Laval
Evie Launcher has been my favorite for a really long time and matches both of your requirements. Plus, the ability to change Icon pack not only by pack but also one by one is a big plus. Smooth, clean and minimalistic and has a couple of cool features.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180903-183054.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-183054.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 2,250
  • Screenshot_20180903-183102.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-183102.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2,210
  • Screenshot_20180903-183109.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-183109.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 2,204

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Hi all,

The two things I want are to be able to hide apps, and to have to swipe up to access app drawer as opposed to having an icon for it.

I have tried a couple but the p20 original launcher always ends up taking over. Or with the Lawn launcher for some reason I could add the time/weather widget.

Thanks

For me the best launcher which i always go back to is LawnChair and it's Google feed add-on.

It's a lot like the Pixel launcher but has a lot more settings.

Icon size, theming, weather provider, gestures, app hiding etc.

It's rapid too and fluid, and it's free :D

Make sure the launcher is set as the default one, if the 2nd launcher in use crashes then the only thing the system can do is revert back, if you're using lawnchair, use the latest version.

I have it installed and mine never reverts back.

Another way would be if you were rooted you could freeze the original launcher in titanium.

Reactions: vizzy

DavidZid

Jul 2, 2018
Long time on my previous phones I used Nova and Apex launcher. For 2 years now I am using Microsoft Launcher which supports icon notifications for free and I must say I'm still returning to it. I tried Evie launcher on my P20 Pro but for some reason it consumed the battery a lot. Microsoft launcher does not consume battery at all (always like 1 mAh <), its fast and stable, modern looking but different compared to "stock android looking" launchers.

Reactions: vizzy

snorrski

Nov 12, 2013
Copenhagen
Hi all,

Thanks

I use Nova Launcher, as it gives me everything I need. If you have problems with reverting to the stock launcher you can try to lock the new launcher in resent
See this screen recording to know how

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone