[laurel_sprout] [ROM] Project Elixir 1.7 [Android 12L] [AOSP] [OFFICIAL] [5/15/2022]

Search This thread

leontrak

Apr 20, 2016
Greetings from a fresh user, that's the first custom ROM i finally decided to switch from Stock since i had this device, so i hope i'm staying here for a while at least.

Overall impression is good, nice performance and light feeling of UI transitioning, cant say much because it's my first day using it, but the first thing i missed very much is certainly the face unlock, which is not present and forces me to use fingerprint, which ultimately lends me to the brightness bug everyone is complaining (i guess it's related to the brightness gain to provide light for the sensor) and the bright level just LOCKS the way it is (max) until you turn the screen off and on again, a temporary "fix" is using the PIN password to keep using the phone without bright max lvl and being able to control it.

Despite these bugs, its a great ROM, and if face unlock get added it will be even better

Cheers!

Reactions: Pildik

mrcesarmx

Dec 8, 2011
There is only one version. Are you sure you installed the right rom?

yes it is the correct version, it is true I assumed that there were previous versions because the project is extensive, but you are right it is the first for A3. I like it a lot for daily use but the footprint works poorly for me

Attachments

• elixir.PNG
    elixir.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 98

imananthur

Jan 25, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hi everyone!!

I installed this rom (Project Elixer) in me Mi A3, the rom is good to be used as a daily driver. However, I am facing minor bugs like,

1. Unlocking via fingerprint, the phone goes to full brightness mode, not able to control once it is like that. The only way to fix is it lock again and unlock with pin/password.

2. The phone app/Truecaller app is slow like it will not show up instantly if a call arrives, it takes its time. The audio mode is switching to speaker/Bluetooth devices/phone easily.

I feel like this rom is so fluid and works like charm, other than this minor flaws, Please fix it in next update. Thank you

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
What is the alarm time? I don't have any alarm for this time and the time changes each minute. Is it a bug?

Edit: it was because of Tasker. There is an option Reliable alarms that causes this.

Screenshot_20220117-195942_Wear OS by Google.png

Last edited:

Rajendran Rasa

Oct 17, 2015
Thanjavur
Xiaomi Mi A3
Found this link in telegram

MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Is it mirror link by dev or someone making me confused??🤣

Bcas I'm seeing new updated rom
Is it test build or release build

Last edited by a moderator:

FedericoFTL

Jan 20, 2022
Italy
Hi today i wanted flash new update of Elixir and i got this errorView attachment 5513483
I think it's because you're trying to flash it in the boot partition which is reserved to the recovery. If you have a recovery installed (TWRP, OrangeFox or Lineage Recovery) you can flash the zip directly from the phone's storage or you can sideload it via the command prompt on windows by typing:

Code:
adb sideload zipfile.zip

Instead of "zipfile" you must use the name of the Project Elixir zip.

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
I cannot grant document tree access to SD card so I cannot write to files in Tasker. I don't know if it is a bug of Android 12, this ROM or Tasker.

James2240

Dec 30, 2021
Hi, I flashed the new rom and most issues are now fixed which is great. Also loving the slight redesign here and there. One issue I'm having is occasionally on the lock screen it won't let me swipe up to unlock. And so I have to press the power button twice. Not sure if it's just me or not but could you maybe look into it and have a possible fix next update? Many thanks and great work on the rom 👍

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
Hi, I flashed the new rom and most issues are now fixed which is great. Also loving the slight redesign here and there. One issue I'm having is occasionally on the lock screen it won't let me swipe up to unlock. And so I have to press the power button twice. Not sure if it's just me or not but could you maybe look into it and have a possible fix next update? Many thanks and great work on the rom 👍
Which new rom? There is no new rom for this phone.

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
@H3M3L Could you please add a big red waring to the first post about not downloading the latest version in the green button? It is really confusing when all the roms are in one place and you link to the shared directory.

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
well usually u can get the latest update download links on telegram device gc
It is not a problem to get the last version. The problem is that if an inexperienced user clicks on the link and see the green button called last version, they could download it and install without realizing it is not a version for their phone. It's like a trap.

H3M3L

Mar 21, 2016
Savar,Dhaka
It is not a problem to get the last version. The problem is that if an inexperienced user clicks on the link and see the green button called last version, they could download it and install without realizing it is not a version for their phone. It's like a trap.
well thats how sourceforge is nowthing i can do

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HkvVB5q.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

54eoyEC.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer

- Probir - Developer / Team

- Nishant - Developer / Team

- Mayur - Developer / Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

hJB9yS3.jpg

// Checkout the latest changes you get //

Latest Changelog: https://projectelixiros.com/changelog

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

// A screenshot is worth of thousand words //

Latest Screenshots : https://projectelixiros.com/gallery

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

NYGtJjs.jpg

---------- OFFICIAL Download Server ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

// Visit Our OFFICIAL Website //
    // Tap Here for Screenshots //

UXZsIV9.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Download the latest build
    - Take a backup for safe side
    - Boot to Recovery
    - Format Data by typing yes
    - Flash the latest build

- Reboot:p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
    Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.

for more READ THIS

fOsafBy.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project

- Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Proton AOSP
    - Arrow OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

ESLL08G.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.1
    - Security patch: June 2022
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : H3M3L
    - DEVICE: MI-A3
    - DEVICE CODENAME: laurel_sprout

---- Sources and Documentation ----

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES
    - Documentation

jSshoUc.jpg

-- OFFICIAL Website and Telegram Support Groups --

-- Visit our OFFICIAL Website
    -- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
    -- SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --
    -- DEVICE SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

ZAV6Gdf.jpg

// Giving little CAN HELP A LOT //

- As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student.
    - Do consider donating on Patreon for sustainable support and rewards or buying me a coffee if you want to appriciate our work.
    - Thank you for your support !

About changing slots is it anything to do? Is it the normal procedure finding the active slot and changing this e.t.c...
    Honestly I never understood the slot logic, some say we have to change some other things.
    The given procedure currently works fine for me,
    -boot into fastboot mode
    -connect phone with pc
    -flash lineageOS recovery img - fastboot flash boot <recovery.img>
    -boot into recovery - fastboot reboot and Press Vol+ at same time
    -do factory reset
    -navigate to apply update
    -use sdcard OR apply from adb (sideload rom - adb sideload <rom.zip>)
    Hello,
    I'm running miui 12.5 rom with android 10.
    Is it possible to install this rom and how?
    Can I do it through TWRP?
    Please if anyone can, can give detailed step by step tutorial?
    Thank you all :)
    Hi bro are u good? I hope so :)

I was on 12.5 yesterday and i've installed v1.6 for test. I follow the steps of this video: miui to elixir follow with atention and everything will be fine. The rom is smooth and faster but have a few bugs. Yesterday the team released the version 1.7. Waiting for @H3M3L to post the new version. Amazing job! Thanks!!!

It will be soon available, i've seen that on the discord
    But there is the 1.4 build in telegram group.
    Hi, loving the Rom. However there are a couple things that can be quite frustrating.

The battery life is a bit poor compared to PixelPlus which is what I was using before elixir, I switched because PixelPlus support ended.

Haptic feedback is almost none existent, might be settings but I don't think it is.

At a glance is small in top left. Might be intentional I'm not sure.

Fingerprint scanner is responsive which is good. But the screen stays at max brightness

Double tap to wake doesn't work properly and always on displays nothing.

Apart from that performance is actually quite good, which might account for battery drain but it you could get Ballance that would be great.

I look forward to what might come of this Rom. And many thanks if you have read this