[laurel_sprout] [ROM] Project Elixir 1.7 [Android 12L] [AOSP] [OFFICIAL] [5/15/2022]

Search This thread

godofemperors

Apr 30, 2022
The ROM is great.

Quick Question: I used to be able to unlock my Mi A3 without having to click the power button at all. The phone used to light up the fingerprint sensor in amoled and pressing on that would unlock the phone.
After installing the ROM, I first need to click power button and wake the screen. Then I can use fingerprint.
Is there some setting that I need to activate to be able to unlock by touching fingerprint sensor directly?

Basically, I am looking for this setting which used to be there before "Settings → Security → Fingerprint -> Show fingerprint icon when the screen is off"

mia3-fingerprint.jpeg

Last edited:

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
@godofemperors
I know just about waking up when you double tap the screen. It's not what you want but it's better than to press power button. Settings->Screen->Tap to wake

colonho

Jan 27, 2014
São Miguel do Oeste -SC
Hello,
I'm running miui 12.5 rom with android 10.
Is it possible to install this rom and how?
Can I do it through TWRP?
Please if anyone can, can give detailed step by step tutorial?
Thank you all :)
Hi bro are u good? I hope so :)

I was on 12.5 yesterday and i've installed v1.6 for test. I follow the steps of this video: miui to elixir follow with atention and everything will be fine. The rom is smooth and faster but have a few bugs. Yesterday the team released the version 1.7. Waiting for @H3M3L to post the new version. Amazing job! Thanks!!!

Reactions: H3M3L and Pildik

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
1.7 so far have following bugs.

-Coming soon on Monet remains(not a bug)
-pixel launcher search bar lead to instant settings icon then crash.
-at a glance in pixel launcher settings crashing. Prolly weather missing or something.
-long press for torch still not working.

That s what I found so far.

Just for information to maintainer.

Apart from that seems fine and more snappy but I'm missing these so I'm back to 1.5 .

Regards

Reactions: colonho and NikBos

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
1.7 seems to be stable.

So far, I found one bug: It is not possible to add an emergency contact.

colonho

Jan 27, 2014
São Miguel do Oeste -SC
1.7 so far have following bugs.

-Coming soon on Monet remains(not a bug)
-pixel launcher search bar lead to instant settings icon then crash.
-at a glance in pixel launcher settings crashing. Prolly weather missing or something.
-long press for torch still not working.

That s what I found so far.

Just for information to maintainer.

Apart from that seems fine and more snappy but I'm missing these so I'm back to 1.5 .

Regards
Hello, you can fix the issue of search bar downloading the google app in play store.

For the downgrade of v1.7, can I install 1.5 version over 1.7?

Thanks!

Shawmik

Sep 17, 2018
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Xiaomi Mi A3
Does this rom have the fod problem?
When we use fod, the brightness gets full and it won't reduce untill we lock then unlock the phone again.
Is the problem still here?

And is calling issue fixed?

Lastly, is charging speed and battery backup good?

Thanks devs for your efforts! Keep it up

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
Hello, you can fix the issue of search bar downloading the google app in play store.

For the downgrade of v1.7, can I install 1.5 version over 1.7?

Thanks!
I was not able to downgrade from 1.6 to 1.5, it was very bugged after the downgrade. It could be the same with 1.7 to 1.5.

Reactions: colonho

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
Does this rom have the fod problem?
When we use fod, the brightness gets full and it won't reduce untill we lock then unlock the phone again.
Is the problem still here?

And is calling issue fixed?

Lastly, is charging speed and battery backup good?

Thanks devs for your efforts! Keep it up
The FOD problem was solved long time ago, I think the calling issue too, I don't have any calling problem, charging speed is good, I don't know about the battery backup.

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
Would going back to the original and then installing the ROM be the best option in this case? Thanks!!!

The whole phone was totally screwed up. When I went back to 1.5, there was not the notification area at all. I tried many times to reinstall it and it was not possible to fix it. So I had to do factory reset the phone and do a clean installation.

But this rom is good because it supports pixel backup and it even restored all the icons of apps. I didn't have too much work after the clean installation.

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
Search bar is from system. If you mean to re apply pixel launcher no, it will not work.
As for the dirty flash 1.5 over 1.7 no. You ll have some serious problems. Better take a backup in google and then clean flash it. It took me just 40mins to bring back everything .
Google backup--->reboot to recovery-->format data---> flash rom again or sideload it.Is the same thing.
For me 1.5 is the most bug free version. Not theat others are not good but i prefer to have a baugfree version over a newer one ...

sotmax

Feb 26, 2010
Kefalinia island
Clean install 1.5 and then re update to 1.7 and Google search bar is working fine. Fod is way better than 1.5 and so far battery seems greater. Themes in essence is coming soon and long press p button for torch are the only 2nthings that seems to need a fix. Tbh I don't really care about themes as I'm using wallpaper colours but I really missing torch as I'm using it in my job .

Grants to the maintainer and Devs .

Last edited:

Pildik

Mar 28, 2015
Clean install 1.5 and then re update to 1.7 and Google search bar is working fine. For is way better than 1.5 and so far battery seems greater. Themes in essence is coming soon and long press p button for torch are the only 2nthings that seems to need a fix. Tbh I don't really care about themes as I'm using wallpaper colours but I really missing torch as I'm using it in my job .

Grants to the maintainer and Devs .
Torch? Do you mean flashlight? It works for me. You can also download a third party app from google play. But maybe it is a hardware failure.

CaptainExp

Oct 22, 2016
Radovish
Does anyone else dont have instagram in their play store on this rom? I just installed it and went to download all my apps and just noticed instagram is missing on this device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HkvVB5q.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

54eoyEC.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer

- Probir - Developer / Team

- Nishant - Developer / Team

- Mayur - Developer / Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

hJB9yS3.jpg

// Checkout the latest changes you get //

Latest Changelog: https://projectelixiros.com/changelog

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

// A screenshot is worth of thousand words //

Latest Screenshots : https://projectelixiros.com/gallery

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

NYGtJjs.jpg

---------- OFFICIAL Download Server ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

// Visit Our OFFICIAL Website //
    // Tap Here for Screenshots //

UXZsIV9.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Download the latest build
    - Take a backup for safe side
    - Boot to Recovery
    - Format Data by typing yes
    - Flash the latest build

- Reboot:p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
    Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.

for more READ THIS

fOsafBy.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project

- Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Proton AOSP
    - Arrow OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

ESLL08G.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.1
    - Security patch: June 2022
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : H3M3L
    - DEVICE: MI-A3
    - DEVICE CODENAME: laurel_sprout

---- Sources and Documentation ----

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES
    - Documentation

jSshoUc.jpg

-- OFFICIAL Website and Telegram Support Groups --

-- Visit our OFFICIAL Website
    -- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
    -- SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --
    -- DEVICE SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

ZAV6Gdf.jpg

// Giving little CAN HELP A LOT //

- As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student.
    - Do consider donating on Patreon for sustainable support and rewards or buying me a coffee if you want to appriciate our work.
    - Thank you for your support !

About changing slots is it anything to do? Is it the normal procedure finding the active slot and changing this e.t.c...
    Honestly I never understood the slot logic, some say we have to change some other things.
    The given procedure currently works fine for me,
    -boot into fastboot mode
    -connect phone with pc
    -flash lineageOS recovery img - fastboot flash boot <recovery.img>
    -boot into recovery - fastboot reboot and Press Vol+ at same time
    -do factory reset
    -navigate to apply update
    -use sdcard OR apply from adb (sideload rom - adb sideload <rom.zip>)
    Hello,
    I'm running miui 12.5 rom with android 10.
    Is it possible to install this rom and how?
    Can I do it through TWRP?
    Please if anyone can, can give detailed step by step tutorial?
    Thank you all :)
    Hi bro are u good? I hope so :)

I was on 12.5 yesterday and i've installed v1.6 for test. I follow the steps of this video: miui to elixir follow with atention and everything will be fine. The rom is smooth and faster but have a few bugs. Yesterday the team released the version 1.7. Waiting for @H3M3L to post the new version. Amazing job! Thanks!!!

It will be soon available, i've seen that on the discord
    But there is the 1.4 build in telegram group.
    Hi, loving the Rom. However there are a couple things that can be quite frustrating.

The battery life is a bit poor compared to PixelPlus which is what I was using before elixir, I switched because PixelPlus support ended.

Haptic feedback is almost none existent, might be settings but I don't think it is.

At a glance is small in top left. Might be intentional I'm not sure.

Fingerprint scanner is responsive which is good. But the screen stays at max brightness

Double tap to wake doesn't work properly and always on displays nothing.

Apart from that performance is actually quite good, which might account for battery drain but it you could get Ballance that would be great.

I look forward to what might come of this Rom. And many thanks if you have read this