[Layout] Android Phone 7 (HDPI)

Search This thread

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
Is it possible to do this kind of thing to an Android1.5 phone? LauncherPro is for 2.0+ and ADW for 1.6+.

bubbate

Oct 8, 2009
BROOKLYN
Launcher Pro Preferences > Appearance Settings > Dock Background > Custom

N4HuX.png

Icons are called Simptext: (Apparently you have to visit the blog to download, there are some docks there as well).

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=742449

Thanx alot. I was using ADW

SEMPITERNAL

Jul 23, 2010
Ok, If you are a HTC Desire (Resolution = 480 x 800) user:

Resolution = 72 ppi

1x1 = 110 x 122

2x1 = 230 x 122
3x1 = 350 x 122
4x1 = 470 x 122

1x2 = 110 x 254
1x3 = 110 x 386
1x4 = 110 x 518

2x2 = 230 x 254
3x3 = 350 x 386
4x4 = 470 x 518

Can anyone give this method & sizes of widgets for Xperia X10 to me?

raziel26

Jun 28, 2008
mine, galaxy s, had to play around with sizes for the icons
i hope you approve guys ;-)
63862_1512232059809_1654637087_1226996_3133448_n.jpg
59040_1512232779827_1654637087_1227004_1348336_n.jpg
59040_1512232819828_1654637087_1227005_7102056_n.jpg

its 1st,3rd and 4th home screen
2nd screen i had to edit first due to names appearing there
and i use to say i dont need more than 3 homescreens

the vlingo on the 4th screen is an eyesore
cba to edit the vlingo apk tho, so i had to make do lol
is there any chance you could release those awesome icons please

amg1322

Jul 30, 2010
could some one be so nice as to post instructions on how to make this work on a samsung galaxy s (vibrant) i understand the general idea and started to put down some icons but i cant get them to measure up right next to eachother. could someone please help?

i was also wondering if someone could let me know the easiest way to create my own icons?
thanks so much in advance!

cs_sux

Jul 24, 2010
Tallinn
Thanks for response, but i cant set an image for folder. I can set it for app or, for example, bookmark or contact, but cant find folder in action selection.

raziel26

Jun 28, 2008
Thanks for response, but i cant set an image for folder. I can set it for app or, for example, bookmark or contact, but cant find folder in action selection.

currently there is no way to set a icon for folders that i know of that would be awesome though i have been looking for that ability for a long time now lol

UniqueNate

May 13, 2010
Alexandria

OH! I didn't read it correctly. I thought you meant folder as in where your photos are for icons.
But you mean literally have a icon for the application folder. Yea, like the guy above me said, there are none. Hopefully the feature will be added.
The app itself was just updated yesterday or today I can't remember. So hopefully in the next one.
I assume it doesn't do this because a folder is not a application itself.

heteroy

Sep 6, 2010
could some one be so nice as to post instructions on how to make this work on a samsung galaxy s (vibrant) i understand the general idea and started to put down some icons but i cant get them to measure up right next to eachother. could someone please help?

i was also wondering if someone could let me know the easiest way to create my own icons?
thanks so much in advance!

I did this on my vibrant. I actually created a psd template that with hosting I could share. It uses a ton of guides to help make the right sized selection. It works really well if you want to create a lot of buttons from one larger image. Like the Miles Davis one above.

Anyway as far as I can tell, the rows are 128 pixels tall and the columns are 110 pixels wide.

110x128 would be perfect for a 1x1 tile.

Now, for the larger tiles to have to account for the gaps of space between the rows and columns. 10 pixels between rows, 4 between columns.

So... 1x2 is 110x128*2+4, or 110x260
1x3 is 110x128*3+8, or 110x392
I'll leave the rest to you.

2x1 is 110*2+10x128, or 230x128
3x1 is 110*3+20x128, or 350x128
etc.

To make things more complicated, if you don't like the wider 10 pixel horizontal gaps look funny with 4 pixel vertical gaps you can add 3 pixels of transparent space, on any side that faces one of those smaller vertical gaps.

cs_sux

Jul 24, 2010
Tallinn
Ok, thanks for reply.
Found the solution by installing FolderOrganizer. Now there is Shortcuts for it in action selection.
Have another question. Is there a way to rearrange icons correctly after hiding/showing status bar.
CAP201009230103.jpg

CAP2010092301031.jpg

brandedman

Jun 29, 2010
Somebody earlier posted a link to another forum in another language.. the link they posted was supposed to show or say how they got the indicators to show on the icons. Not the dock icons but the ones on the homescreen. I want to know how it was done if anybody knows.

That way I can hide my notification bar without missing text, emails, etc. I know it has to do something with coding.

Here is a signed .apk for doing it, just used the stock image files from the first post. Once installed, use the widget "SMS Unread count". Use the default icons, do not change to custom, and select phone for missed calls count, messages for SMS/MMS and email for gmail... See what I mean: h ttp://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/br4nd3dm4n/CAP201009221721.jpg

I'm too new to post outside links, so copy and paste (remove the space in http) :
h ttp://rapidshare.com/files/420659404/messageunreadcount4x1.apk

Last edited:

SwiftLegend

Apr 1, 2010
I already wrote it but here it's again:

Tip for finding the right size for your phone: Take a widget in the size wanted, unlock it from the screen and let it fall back into the same space. LauncherPro now skips into Resize Mode - take a screenshot of this! The yellow translucent space is the size you want. Maybe you have to try around a bit by adding or removing a pixel (for me only vertically, horizontically everything was perfect) or two but all in all it's the best start. Taking screenshots of the various tests also helps to figure out the differences. I had to take three complete shots untill I had the final sizes.
For this to help, do you resize the widget first, then take the screenshot? Cause that doesn't work either ....=/

raziel26

Jun 28, 2008
Requests

Are anybody willing to take requests because i have no clue on how to create some of these awesome icons plus i do not have photo shop. i was hoping someone could make a tunee music icon. please

SEMPITERNAL

Jul 23, 2010
Xperia X10 users
please share samples of 3x1 & 1x2 PSD or PNG files that you used

I can't set them putting together accurately!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres the resources and mini guide to this as promised

premonition_by_newone757-d2yhhx0.png

Resources:::

Icons and PSD's-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

the font used is Helvitca. Not a free font and no i can not provide it. A little google might land you it illegally

N4HuX

clock is just digital clock widget with the date in black so you cant see

Instructions:::

Using Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher
    and
    Desktop Visualizer

For Horizontal Widgets, Select the 4x1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load your 3x1 png and shortcut, and then resize it to 3x1 when placed on the homescreen

For vertical Widgets its straightforward. Widget size is 1x2.

If you want the dock set it in launcher pro and then use a transparent icon for the launcher in the middle. Transparent Icon not included​

More Guidance. Thanks for helpin out

You have to change your home screen to use 5 rows of icons. ;)

1. You have to install Launcher Pro (and activate Plus features to be able to resize the widgets properly)
    2. Install Desktop Visualizer
    3. In LauncherPro settings, set appearance of the dock to custom, and use the dock from the new layout.
    4. Under advanced set rows to 5.
    5. Change app launcher icon to http://www.elektrobike-hotels.com/markers/transparent.png
    6. Remove icons from dock.
    7. Create Desktop Visualizer widgets of the appropriate size and configure them to look like the layout.
    8. Enjoy!

andyriot has been kind enough to port this over to the lower resolution devices, Its looking sharp too. Way sharper than mine. Nice
    To everyone with an MDPI device wishing to use this -- [Layout] Android Phone 7 (MDPI)

All credit goes to newone757 and permission was asked to release.
    Due to a few request.. I added a few more icons to my pack. Enjoy.

allicons.png

There are a few alternatives to play with. :)

NOTE: I made these icons based off my Droid X resolution (480x854), so they may be bigger on other phones. You can use photoshop to reduce the size to fit your phone better.

I use:
    3x1 (Horizontal) Icons = 390x150 pixels
    1x2 (Vertical) Icons = 120x330 pixels

How to set it up:

Apps Needed:
    Launcher Pro Plus (LP)
    Desktop Visualizer (DV)

1. Open your LP Preferences > Advanced Settings > 5 Icon rows in homescreen (Check it), restart LP.
    2. For Horizontal icons (3x1) Open a 4x1 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 4x1 DV widget to 3x1 with LP (long press icon).
    3. For Vertical icons (1x2) Open a 1x3 DV widget, select your icon, select the app you want it to open and remove the name from the edit box. After you create it, resize the 3x1 widget to 2x1 with LP (long press icon).

Updated:
    10/21/10 - Added Weather, Contacts, Task Killer, Alarm Clock.

10/19/10 - Added TiKL, Soundhound, MP3 Download, Voicemail.

10/14/10 - Added Bar Scanner, Pandora radio, Movies, Clockwork Recovery.

10/12/10 - Added NFL Mobile, To Do List, Shazam, Yelp.

10/11/10 - Added AppBrain, Calulator, Dropbox, Office Suite, News headlines.

10/10/10 - Added Wireless Tether, xda developers.

10/09/10 - Added an Alt Gallery. Replaced 3 icons with misspelling.

10/08/10 - Added Notepad, Docs2go, Youtube, Google Goggles, Settings (x2), MSN, Astro File Manager.

★★ Buy me a Beer if you like my work! ★★

Also if you dont have the .apk for Desktop Visualizer, I attached it to this thread. (credit to moonrock)
    Heres a few I threw together
    Im going to try to answer all these questions soon yall.

But there shouldnt be any jpegs in this at all, if so, here they are zipped up.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4111270/Icons_AP7.zip

Im pretty sure thats desktop visualizer messing with the quality. But right now the only option is to embed the images into a wallpaper, which i dont want to do because i have widgets on my other screens

thanks yall
    why the goddamn hell did you suggest this piece of **** app when it doesnt have wp7 skin for the phone which i ORIGINALLY asked for?

You're a freakin' moron. You asked, and I quote:

"will this android phone 7 also make the phone look like WP7 phone?"

Windows Phone 7 on the left - Launcher7 on the right:

Looks pretty similar to me.

I would ask you to clarify what "wp7 skin" means- which you did NOT ORIGINALLY ask for... but I don't care about your stupid question anymore.

You're obviously lacking the mental capacity to ask the right question- and you get angry when others don't understand you. A simple "thanks for the reply, but this wasn't what I meant" would have sufficed. Instead, you want to be an asshole.

Good luck "customizing" your phone, douche.