[LAYOUT] Scrolling Wallpaper 'Dock' + Tutorial

Search This thread

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
ClassicalGas Presents..
Scrolling Wallpaper Dock

This is a repost from here as it is not HTC Desire specific. Everything should work on any phone with 800*480 resolution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Concept

I have been experimenting with what I believe to be a unique use for the scrolling wallpaper. If using LP with 6 homescreens your wallpaper scrolls exactly one dock icon (1/5th of the screen).

I started playing around with using this as a screen indicator and dock icons to jump between homescreens using LPP Shortcuts. Shortcuts to all 6 screens are attached. I found you could effectively use the scrolling effect of the wallpaper in place of a screen indicator (although it goes the wrong way).

It takes a bit of playing around with the wallpaper to get it 100%. I've included a .PSD of one of my files, however the others aren't really in an up-loadable state. I've included all the scrollable wallpapers I've made as well.

I hope you get some fun out of this - If you do make something interesting and unique please post here to share it with everyone else!

Results

Click on any image to be taken to the gallery showing how the wallpaper scolls

Wallpapers

Here are the wallpapers I've made, I will add to the album as I make them, I will also add your creations, with permission of course.

Tutorial

I've had a few people wanting a tutorial on how to get the rainbow wallpaper set-up. Please keep comments and question in this thread, I would rather have questions answered publicly so they only have to be answered once.
The white bar is my own and is only available for OpenDesire, the rest of this theme requires the following and should work on any rom;
*Tutorial Files
*Launcher Pro
chart

*Desktop Visualizer
chart

*Apps Organizer (or Folder Organizer)
chart
chart

*DigiClock
chart

*Smooth Calendar
chart

*^3 (search: "pub:Filipe Abrantes")
chart

*SMS Unread Count (Optional - Mod attached)
chart

*Images attached
*Time and patience​

Launcher Pro Plus Settings
This give you the basis of the scrolling wallpaper 'dock'. From this I hope some run with the idea and produce their own wallpapers and themes

Homescreen Settings
Number of Screens = 6
Default Screen = 4​

Dock Settings
Number of Docks = 1​

Appearance Settings
Dock Background = None
Hide Icon Labels = Ticked
Disable Wallpaper Scrolling = Unticked

Advanced Settings
5 Icon rows in homescreen = ticked​

Launcher Pro Dock Settings

Position 1
Shortcut = screen_6.lps
Icon = Dock_Tools.png
Swipe Action = Clock

Position 2
Shortcut = screen_5.lps
Icon = Dock_Apps.png
Swipe Action = App Drawer

Position 3
Shortcut = screen_4.lps
Icon = Dock_Home.png
Swipe Action = Dialer One

Position 4
Shortcut = screen_3.lps
Icon = Dock_Media.png
Swipe Action = Audio Manager

Position 5
Shortcut = screen_2.lps
Icon = Dock_Games.png
Swipe Action = None

Apps Organizer
This is the free version, however I would recommend buying folder organizer as you can add bookmarks and contacts in the folders.

Create new labels;
Applications
Favourites​

Add your applications into the suitable labels. Favourites will be linked to the home screen banner.

Desktop Visualizer Widgets
Long press on screen - select widget.

Desktop Visualizer(Small)
All bottom row icons are linked directly to the app and inserted as a small widget​

Desktop Visualizer(4x1)
All Banner Icons are inserted as 4x1 widget and linked to Apps Organiser category - (Select Action > Other > Apps Organizer > [your label)​

Desktop Visualizer(2x1)
These are the larger icons above application, games and tools banners. Link these to whatever you like my setup was;
Controller - Linked to apps organizer group emulators
Tools - Remote apps (for HTPC, VLC etc)
Android in trolley - Appbrain​

Other Widgets
DigiClock
Inset clock as widget then in app drawer open "DigiClock Settings"
Theme = Clear
Text Settings > Text Colour > White​

Smooth Calendar
Show Menu = Untick
Show Calendar Icon = Untick
Transparent Background = Tick
Show Colour = Tick
Date Format = "dd.MM"
Time Format = "HH.mm"​

^3
Medium widget and in Launcher Pro Plus enlarge to fill screen (If you don't have the plus version, use small widget to centre it​

Downloads
Unfortunately I lost the files for the polaroid scroller on and will need to re-make it when I get time (Probably a while away)

Tutorial Files

Launcher Pro Shortcuts

Simple Template

Scrolling Wallpapers

SMS Unread Mod

Other Banners

Credit

Wallpaper - Luke Roberts
Icons - CHRFB

Please Remember to credit me with the icons/idea and if asked please link back to this post (I like to watch the download count of my attachments :) - This took a lot of my time as such any donation is greatly appreciated)

Last edited:

digitalsunshine

Feb 15, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F1
wow, You make my dream come true! thank you so much for the tutorials is there any reference of good dock icons that fits with your theme? I like to change it like "SMS" "news" "agenda" etc for specific widgets

I-Heine-I

Sep 13, 2010
Wow! Do you know if the same thing is possible with only 3 or 4 homescreens? Or is this unique to 6?

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
Wow! Do you know if the same thing is possible with only 3 or 4 homescreens? Or is this unique to 6?

You need 6 to get it to scroll evenly. The way the wallpaper scrolls means that screen 1 and the last screen are at the far ends of the wallpaper and then each scroll is an equal division of the wallpaper. With 5 evenly spaced icons you need 6 screens. If the icons were evenly spread out and there were only 3 then it could work with 4 home-screens.

Alternately you could use 2 home-screens and have half a wallpaper on the other side.I was thinking of doing a heaven and hell theme with screen 1 light and white and screen 2 red and black. But haven't had time.

duongtran

Apr 19, 2008
Hi, I really like your theme but I have no clue how to make the .lps files the shortcut.

EDIT: nvm, i found it. Had to place in sd card under folder called "downloads" then pick launcher pro shortcuts. Thanks for the theme

Last edited:

TheDoctor1177

Jun 13, 2010
That One Place
May I have but one request? :p I don't play a lot of games on my phone, but I use multiple social networking apps, is it possible to change the "games" tab to say "social"? And if there is a way that the user could do it, I'm all ears.

Love this idea and will be applying it to my set up when I figure out my request =P

EDIT: sorry, didn't open all the files, going to mess with some icon packs

TheDoctor1177

Jun 13, 2010
That One Place
Been playing around with this today, I couldn't figure out what it meant in the tutorial about the screen_6.lps? I'm assuming that if you apply that shortcut and hit it another screen it takes you too that screen, I just don't know how to apply it. Is that only in Launcher Pro paid version?

Have you had any luck on that Polaroid picture wallpaper, that's the best one out of all of them.

ipawd1

Mar 11, 2010
cant you upload the /sdcard/launcherpro_backup for us so we can just upload it and do what we like to tweak? It'd be a hell of a lot easier...

BRUTAL BROCK

May 27, 2010
The game icons, angry birds, etc etc, can i get the pack? you editing them yourself? I checked the credits for the icons of eclipse, wasn't them.

do you have a link for those icons?

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClassicalGas Presents..
    Scrolling Wallpaper Dock

This is a repost from here as it is not HTC Desire specific. Everything should work on any phone with 800*480 resolution.

Concept

I have been experimenting with what I believe to be a unique use for the scrolling wallpaper. If using LP with 6 homescreens your wallpaper scrolls exactly one dock icon (1/5th of the screen).

I started playing around with using this as a screen indicator and dock icons to jump between homescreens using LPP Shortcuts. Shortcuts to all 6 screens are attached. I found you could effectively use the scrolling effect of the wallpaper in place of a screen indicator (although it goes the wrong way).

It takes a bit of playing around with the wallpaper to get it 100%. I've included a .PSD of one of my files, however the others aren't really in an up-loadable state. I've included all the scrollable wallpapers I've made as well.

I hope you get some fun out of this - If you do make something interesting and unique please post here to share it with everyone else!

Results

Click on any image to be taken to the gallery showing how the wallpaper scolls

Wallpapers

Here are the wallpapers I've made, I will add to the album as I make them, I will also add your creations, with permission of course.

Tutorial

I've had a few people wanting a tutorial on how to get the rainbow wallpaper set-up. Please keep comments and question in this thread, I would rather have questions answered publicly so they only have to be answered once.
    The white bar is my own and is only available for OpenDesire, the rest of this theme requires the following and should work on any rom;
    *Tutorial Files
    *Launcher Pro
    chart

*Desktop Visualizer
    chart

*Apps Organizer (or Folder Organizer)
    chart
    chart

*DigiClock
    chart

*Smooth Calendar
    chart

*^3 (search: "pub:Filipe Abrantes")
    chart

*SMS Unread Count (Optional - Mod attached)
    chart

*Images attached
    *Time and patience​

Launcher Pro Plus Settings
    This give you the basis of the scrolling wallpaper 'dock'. From this I hope some run with the idea and produce their own wallpapers and themes

Homescreen Settings
    Number of Screens = 6
    Default Screen = 4​

Dock Settings
    Number of Docks = 1​

Appearance Settings
    Dock Background = None
    Hide Icon Labels = Ticked
    Disable Wallpaper Scrolling = Unticked

Advanced Settings
    5 Icon rows in homescreen = ticked​

Launcher Pro Dock Settings

Position 1
    Shortcut = screen_6.lps
    Icon = Dock_Tools.png
    Swipe Action = Clock

Position 2
    Shortcut = screen_5.lps
    Icon = Dock_Apps.png
    Swipe Action = App Drawer

Position 3
    Shortcut = screen_4.lps
    Icon = Dock_Home.png
    Swipe Action = Dialer One

Position 4
    Shortcut = screen_3.lps
    Icon = Dock_Media.png
    Swipe Action = Audio Manager

Position 5
    Shortcut = screen_2.lps
    Icon = Dock_Games.png
    Swipe Action = None

Apps Organizer
    This is the free version, however I would recommend buying folder organizer as you can add bookmarks and contacts in the folders.

Create new labels;
    Applications
    Favourites​

Add your applications into the suitable labels. Favourites will be linked to the home screen banner.

Desktop Visualizer Widgets
    Long press on screen - select widget.

Desktop Visualizer(Small)
    All bottom row icons are linked directly to the app and inserted as a small widget​

Desktop Visualizer(4x1)
    All Banner Icons are inserted as 4x1 widget and linked to Apps Organiser category - (Select Action > Other > Apps Organizer > [your label)​

Desktop Visualizer(2x1)
    These are the larger icons above application, games and tools banners. Link these to whatever you like my setup was;
    Controller - Linked to apps organizer group emulators
    Tools - Remote apps (for HTPC, VLC etc)
    Android in trolley - Appbrain​

Other Widgets
    DigiClock
    Inset clock as widget then in app drawer open "DigiClock Settings"
    Theme = Clear
    Text Settings > Text Colour > White​

Smooth Calendar
    Show Menu = Untick
    Show Calendar Icon = Untick
    Transparent Background = Tick
    Show Colour = Tick
    Date Format = "dd.MM"
    Time Format = "HH.mm"​

^3
    Medium widget and in Launcher Pro Plus enlarge to fill screen (If you don't have the plus version, use small widget to centre it​

Downloads
    Unfortunately I lost the files for the polaroid scroller on and will need to re-make it when I get time (Probably a while away)

Tutorial Files

Launcher Pro Shortcuts

Simple Template

Scrolling Wallpapers

SMS Unread Mod

Other Banners

Credit

Wallpaper - Luke Roberts
    Icons - CHRFB

Please Remember to credit me with the icons/idea and if asked please link back to this post (I like to watch the download count of my attachments :) - This took a lot of my time as such any donation is greatly appreciated)
    Inspirated by juanaraya92679 and wallpaper by vinshehe from this thread by ClassicalGas

here's mine

same concept, using Multipicture Live Wallpaper for set each screens.

pandawa_lima_edited_by_dhawaycopy-1.png
    Heres my version+files

Thanks to classicalgas for great idea..

LauncherProPlus (new transparent gingerbread mod)
    with custom SCROLLABLE dock!

Was tired of circlebatt and simiclock like all other these days :)

Wanted devs of "SlideScreen" to make theur app as a fullscreen widget. But for now I've found satisfaction in this.

Every thumbtitle on first screen (the most left) links to different screens by LPshortvuts. The small images at the buttom scrolls with wallpaper.
    The small banners on each page, links back to homescreen.

Dock is scrollable too with two options each. Press/swipe up.
    Først dockicon links to "tools" and swipeup is for appdrawer.
    Swipeup on all 5 blank icons centerdock is opening/closin statusbar.

Updated first screen, the should ofcourse be androidgreen!

U might ad transparent twitter or calendars to the first screen...

Widgets are TxClck, MinimalisticText, Snowstorm, ScrollableNews (with custom greaderfeed mixed w 15 rssfeeds), PowerAmp.
    (Might be adding BeyondPod Transparent mod)

( http://classical-gas.blogspot.com/2010/11/tutorial-scrolling-wallpaper-20.html for tutorial).

Links to all my icons and walls and psdfiles...:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B687LU7ziViOZWM2ODUzNjUtZTk0OS00ZjRkLWI5ZDgtZWFkZTIyZWQ5MjVm&hl=en

If you use the original wallpaper - I made it darker (its a bit grey - and I cropped the coloured line a bit..)
    But my mod is in the psds...

champkongen, Denmark

Beamed from the great DesireHD while drunk
    This doesn't fit on my Desire for some reason. I think the wallpaper scrolls just a bit too much.

Do you have a working version for 800*480?

Have you set it to 7 screens?

Gas

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    How can I apply screen shortcuts in the dock?

You have to use LPS files. You can found it in the first post.