[4.4][EOL] X Kernel for Oneplus 5/T - 03/23/2023

Search This thread

ryuksniper

Oct 22, 2013
Altopascio
I dont know what happen, i left my phone idle overnight and when i woke up my phone just blinking led and wont wake (soft brick?). tried to force reboot but my phone didnt boot and stuck in oneplus logo. dirty flash make all normal again. for now still using stock PE kernel.

my device : dumpling, running PE plus a10, lazy kernel 4.4 stable

EDIT : just notice version 4.5, ill try it will give report back tomorrow if above issue still happen or not.

in MSM X rom with version 4.5 i have the same problem. wont wake.

djporti1973

Jun 10, 2013
astillero
I have returned to v.4.4 to try again. In the pixel experience, this time for lack of time, I have been 10% with wifi and the result has been very good. I am going to take a while and we will see if this is maintained low battery consumption. Screenshot_20200406-130216_Ajustes.jpgScreenshot_20200406-130301_CPU_Spy.jpgScreenshot_20200406-130307_CPU_Spy.jpg

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5000 mediante Tapatalk

ederekun

I have returned to v.4.4 to try again. In the pixel experience, this time for lack of time, I have been 10% with wifi and the result has been very good. I am going to take a while and we will see if this is maintained low battery consumption.

Alright I'm planning to return the underclock and the undervolt.

EDIT: 4.6 is out!

Last edited:
Reactions: djporti1973

ederekun

I dont know what happen, i left my phone idle overnight and when i woke up my phone just blinking led and wont wake (soft brick?). tried to force reboot but my phone didnt boot and stuck in oneplus logo. dirty flash make all normal again. for now still using stock PE kernel.

my device : dumpling, running PE plus a10, lazy kernel 4.4 stable

EDIT : just notice version 4.5, ill try it will give report back tomorrow if above issue still happen or not.
in MSM X rom with version 4.5 i have the same problem. wont wake.

Please try the following if you encounter this problem.

1. Flash the kernel
2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
3. Power off (Do not restart)
4. Turn on

This method works for me as I continuously test the kernel on my phone. I think one possible reason this soft brick situation occurs is that migrating from a non-LTO kernel to a LTO kernel breaks stuff, although I am not certain that's the case. Another one could be the changes I make in-between versions.

Regardless, I am still learning and I truly am trying to improve the kernel as much as I could.

wahing

Jan 21, 2017
Jakarta
Please try the following if you encounter this problem.

1. Flash the kernel
2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
3. Power off (Do not restart)
4. Turn on

This method works for me as I continuously test the kernel on my phone. I think one possible reason this soft brick situation occurs is that migrating from a non-LTO kernel to a LTO kernel breaks stuff, although I am not certain that's the case. Another one could be the changes I make in-between versions.

Regardless, I am still learning and I truly am trying to improve the kernel as much as I could.

thanks for this sir. just suggestion to add this "fixing method" in the first page :)

Reactions: ederekun

Amrut Parmar

Jul 11, 2017
Maharashtra
OnePlus 5T
ISSUES:
Soft brick problem possible solution: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82201601&postcount=24
- I am fixing the problem and aiming to fix it in v5 or along v4 branch version.
How does this cause soft brick , Is this issue still present , i m thinking to flasb 4.7 version?
Edit :- i flashed v4.7 but it cause me soft brick got back to rom after flashing weeb kernel but i also lost dash charging on my rom
I am using derpfest rom.
I tried flashing kernel using your method.

Last edited:

wahing

Jan 21, 2017
Jakarta
If you are still interested, can you please try 4.7? I think I finally got rid of the faulty patch :confused:
ofc.. so i will try flash 4.7 over stock kernel first without wipe cache/dalvik. i'll give report again asap.

EDIT : im running 4.7 for few hours, flashing method like I said above. no issue so far. I will stay and see the result tomorrow morning (bcos last time I face soft brick issue after phone in overnight idle state).

EDIT my conclusion : so I can confirm, while phone in idle state for few hours it caused soft brick.

Last edited:

ederekun

How does this cause soft brick , Is this issue still present , i m thinking to flasb 4.7 version?
Edit :- i flashed v4.7 but it cause me soft brick got back to rom after flashing weeb kernel but i also lost dash charging on my rom
I am using derpfest rom.
I tried flashing kernel using your method.
I'm really thinking it's the LTO patches that I have which is far different from the other kernels here :/. Albeit I'll try to look for the issue still.

The issue disappeared for me already so yeah, it might be harder for me to diagnose.

EDIT: I'll build a non-LTO version and maybe make it as the main stable version.

Last edited:

djporti1973

Jun 10, 2013
astillero
To date I am very happy with this kernel. It has been a long time since I have had a kernel that worked so well with my preferred ROM.

ederekun

Starting from 4.7, the following will be the release branches:
Lazy-vX.X - No LTO
LazyLTO-vX.X - With LTO
*-dev-vX.X - Beta branch with or without LTO (mostly with)
*-test-vX.X - Test or alpha branch with or without LTO (mostly with)

If ever removing LTO doesn't fix it, I will continue on stripping patches with stable. However, I will keep the patches with the LTO branch for those who have it working.
This system may change throughout versions.

Reactions: Skyline

wahing

Jan 21, 2017
Jakarta
UPDATE: v5 is currently in the works.

So far:
- There's no soft brick
- It's much smoother and stable

The test builds are in the repo if ever anyone wants to try.
Current working version: Lazy-lto-test-v5.2
sorry.. but, my phone still got soft brick with test version 5.2. this time the issue comes while im using my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1635632101285.png

X Kernel for Oneplus 5/T

Initiation

This kernel is a CAF-upstreamed unified (OP5/T) kernel based on LOS kernel. This kernel solely aims to be always upstreamed alongside patches from other kernel developers as well as my own personal patches authored by me. I intend to share my personal kernel and my own drivers and modifications to the community to help not only users of the device but also developers who are interested in finding new solutions to improve their own software. I would like to give my utmost gratitude to the well-known kernel developers in this community for their continuous support and contributions to custom Android development under Open Source License.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is not void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead earphones,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Requirements, Features, and Download Link

Link to Kernel Builds Repository

Acknowledgment and Gratification

- maximeyxw, idkwhoiam322, osm0sis, nathanchance, kDrag0n, kerneltoast, tytydraco, poad42, celtare21, Laster K., xzr467706992, trautamaki, Roberto and various kernel developers to be found in source code who had authored multiple commits picked -
    - QCOM, OnePlus, Google, Linux, CAF, GNU -
    - Private testers that I have in Telegram that had helped me fixed multiple problems as well as all the users who had given their input regarding issues, features, and such -

If you had enjoyed using the kernel, consider buying me a coffee!

Development Information
    Source Code:
    Github
    Kernel Features: Github

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2023-03-23
    Current Stable Version: version 3 - build 1
    Created 2020-04-04
    Hello everyone,

Sorry if I have been very inactive in XDA, have been really busy that I am only able to be active in TG most of the times.

I have now released and updated the links as well as the XDA thread regarding the new release, 'panda.' I like pandas so I have decided with that name for the new stable release. I have cleaned up everything as to make it all clearer for new users. Also, I have decided to rebase after the stable release, something that I have already said multiple times in the telegram group although it has been delayed for a long period because of issues. Gladly, I've been able to fix all of the aforementioned issues which have allowed me to release the new version today.

Regardless, I hope the stable release finally brings clarity and gets rid of confusion to many users and also fixes the issues that may have been caused by the previous versions.

Thanks for trusting the kernel! Enjoy everyone!

P.S. I will still push updates to 'panda' (which is why I preserved the revision string) for upstreams and various bug fixes. I'll only be focusing more on the rebase than bringing more features to Lazy.

P.S. (2) I'll be taking a break for a month for now from kernel development and shift my focus on college. Will be returning on April or last week of March maybe.
    So yeah, I'm sorry about being inactive for days when it comes to the forum as well as the long wait for the next version's arrival. I just recently passed my college's aptitude test (and passed yay), and now I'm back to working on it again. So far these are the changes (test builds version X):

- Upstreamed 4.4.220
    - Updated weeb base
    - Staged dynamic stune boost based on input
    - New dynamic underclock (depends on DSBoost)
    - Scheduler tweaks
    - Memory management tweaks
    - Removed CIB and Devfreq boost
    - Removed stune assist
    - Disabled PPP support (unnecessary)
    - Removed noop
    - Set CDG and fq qdisc as default
    - Disabled more logging and debuging stuff
    - and more that I may had forgotten...

I'm still fixing instabilities with the new integrations as I am really just a newbie or an amateur when it comes to coding. Nevertheless, I enjoy it and I do want to learn more. :))

About the TG group, I'm still thinking about it XD

Anyways, good day! :good:
    New X kernel is out!

Finally after a long while, the kernel is now rebased and comes with it is a rename! The source code and stuff have been updated as well as the builds. This also supports A12 along with a lot of new stuff a lot of which were written by me. Hopefully this fixes a lot of issues lazy kernel was not able to fix, and also provide a new refreshing experience with this old device.

For now, I will be working on other more exciting stuff with other developers to further extend the life of this device. Hopefully my phone doesn't give in to its age yet :LOL:. Regardless, enjoy the new kernel!

Cheers! 🥂
    Revision 2 out! Lots of fixes and also additions along with the usual upstream. Will be going off for a while again, 'till then, enjoy!

About the rebase:
    I'm still thinking about the rebase as I need to garner up patience and courage for it, still don't think I am ready specially with how tight real life schedule is currently. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I had to do some incremental revisions to fix issues. Please move to the latest r2.2 one to have performance and audio fixes.