Lazy Kernel for OP5/T - 04/26/2021

Search This thread

Trey n

Nov 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus 5
Yeah as I said it fixed after rebooting.
Same thing happened to me today just noticed I'm at 54 percent I only charged it to 80 I rebooted and it's fine now I'm on the latest oos 10 beta 2 and using lazy oos test vx32 and noticed the minimum frequency is 518 on little and 806 on big, what happened to 175? I liked that it used less idle drain power, it used to go down to 90 mA rate now it hovers around 120 mA. Thx :)

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
There's now also a PA-based kernel in the repo!

I moved from crDroid to PA and flashed the beta last night and I am pleased with what you have done, good job and thank you for developing one for PA. There is a slight increase in responsiveness on the rom and the batter life is better. I have only been using the PA kernel for about 12 hours but I will see how it goes long term. Looking forward to the stable version. :good:

The_Overthinker

Sep 30, 2013
Kolkata
I moved from crDroid to PA and flashed the beta last night and I am pleased with what you have done, good job and thank you for developing one for PA. There is a slight increase in responsiveness on the rom and the batter life is better. I have only been using the PA kernel for about 12 hours but I will see how it goes long term. Looking forward to the stable version. :good:
Could you give us your sots after maybe a cycle or two? The only thing stopping me from using PA is battery life. This kernel might be able to change that. :laugh:

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
Could you give us your sots after maybe a cycle or two? The only thing stopping me from using PA is battery life. This kernel might be able to change that. :laugh:

I will keep an eye on it but battery life is very subjective. I know with PA on stock kernel from 100% to 20% I had 3 hours ad 45 minutes SOT. So far today I unplugged the power cable 7.5 hours ago with only 30 minute screen time and right now it is sitting at 85% battery. To me that is a decent improvement from PA stock kernel in regards to idle power drain. I will try to mimic what I did to get 3h 45m with PA and let you know.

Reactions: The_Overthinker

Z-Blade

Jan 29, 2012
Perth
So I have gone through one cycle from 100% to 20% just like I did with the stock PA kernel and I was able to get 4h 30min SOT wit the latest PA beta build. To get an additional 45 minutes is pretty impressive in my opinion. I have attached screenshots of the SOT and a breakdown of SOT for each app, by the time I realised SOT per app was located in the apps section in the settings, the battery just dropped 1%.

Again, take it with a grain of salt since its near impossible to replicate exactly what I did when I was an the PA stock kernel (and I can't remember exactly what I did) but what I did in this cycle is my typical phone usage for the past couple of days.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 238

chancellorr

Dec 22, 2009
Michigan
twitter.com
Not able to boot PA with newest dev build. No sure if it's my fault or not. Everything was working fine earlier then I rebooted and it was hanging at the OP splash screen. Had to reflash the rom over to replace the stock PA kernel to get it to boot. I was using x.5 until today.

I also built my own Quartz 3 to enable AOD and couldn't boot with x.7. I'm kind of just guessing that it's because of Quartz 3 but I'm honestly not sure.

DeadRod

Dec 25, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
github.com
Not able to boot PA with newest dev build. No sure if it's my fault or not. Everything was working fine earlier then I rebooted and it was hanging at the OP splash screen. Had to reflash the rom over to replace the stock PA kernel to get it to boot. I was using x.5 until today.

I also built my own Quartz 3 to enable AOD and couldn't boot with x.7. I'm kind of just guessing that it's because of Quartz 3 but I'm honestly not sure.
Try the upcoming dev build, it may be more stable and compatible.

EDIT: I now moved to PA just for a bit, the new version is working fine with it.

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Problem in PA Test x7 is CPU Little Minimum is 500 (instead of 300) and CPU Big minimum is 800 ! (instead od 300/500)

kkjb

May 3, 2017
Excellent results with custom2-expermental-vX.2 ... doze / sleep great battery. Nitrogen Q dumbling. Now with ?! Many more updated ones will take awhile to flash & test!!! Thanks

DeadRod

Dec 25, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
github.com
No, in Lazy Quartz version values are 500 Little and 800 Big, others values under 300>500 & 300>800 are not available at all
Yes that's exactly what I intended to have since having lower frequencies will simply be useless since the governor will just simply prefer the higher ones and the cost from transitioning from a lower freq to a higher one will be more costly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-003656.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-003656.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_20200515-003649.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-003649.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 233

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
You get the builds from GitHub, not Telegram and this is mentioned in the OP. To make it simpler for you, the link is below:

https://github.com/ederekun/LazyReleases

Yeah I tried browsing the Github and either I'm blind or I cannot find it. I see the three files, and then when I scroll down I see the three links. One to this XDA thread, two to Telegram, and then more links to FKM json links.

Edit: Figured out how it works... Lol I feel dumb. Both custom and custom2 works with crDroid 5.11, which is Android Pie, but only custom2 Wi-Fi works.

Now is it possible to get F2FS working with crDroid 5.11? I can't get it to boot no matter what I try. I only have /data set to F2FS.

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Yes that's exactly what I intended to have since having lower frequencies will simply be useless since the governor will just simply prefer the higher ones and the cost from transitioning from a lower freq to a higher one will be more costly.

Don't agree... Stock firmware using this values... So it's not useless, because it's depending of your usage (app/games - boost/no boost)

Look my screenshots, fortunally i don't have only 500 / 800 mhz like you when the most used frequency is 300.

So you can just keep other frequencies for others users ? Boost sched will do the same job for you, but i will tweak for my usage, not if they are not available at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-080324.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-080324.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20200515-080405.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-080405.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_20200515-080418.jpg
    Screenshot_20200515-080418.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 239

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Revision 2.3 is out!

Summary of the release:
    2.3.1 - Performance
    2.3.2 - Battery

custom - New haptic drivers (Android 11+)
    custom-old - Old haptic drivers (Android 9 - 10)

Should be the last one for a long while, will be taking a long break as I focus more on college and real life. There won't be any updates following these versions anymore. However, I'll be coming back whenever things cool down along with an entirely new kernel if things go well. For now, I'd just like to say that there are great things coming to this device real soon that won't be by me :))

Stay safe everyone! Cheers!
    Great update for an awesome kernel. Many of the previous releases bugs have been fixed (vibration, notification led...)
    Lazy Kernel for OP5/T

il_570xN.1671568014_8h5t.jpg

Initiation

This kernel is a CAF-upstreamed unified (OP5/T) kernel based off Weeb kernel. This kernel solely aims to be always upstreamed alongside patches from other kernel developers as well as own personal patches authored by me. I intend to share my personal kernel and my own drivers and modifications to the community as to help not only users of the device but also for developers who are interested with finding new solutions to improve their own software. I would like to give my utmost gratitude to the well-known kernel developers in this community for their continuous support and contributions to custom Android development under Open Source License.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is not void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead earphones,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Requirement/s

Android 9 - 11 ROM

Features and Download Link

Link to Lazy Kernel's Builds Repository

Acknowledgement and Gratification

- maximeyxw, idkwhoiam322, osm0sis, nathanchance, kDrag0n, kerneltoast, tytydraco, poad42, celtare21, Laster K., xzr467706992, trautamaki and various kernel developers to be found in source code whom had authored multiple commits picked -
    - QCOM, OnePlus, Google, Linux, CAF, GNU -
    - Private testers that I have in Telegram that had helped me fixed multiple problems as well as all the users whom have given their input regarding issues, features, and such -

Development Information
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/ederekun/lazy_kernel_op5-t
    Kernel Features: Adaptive Tune structure, Custom boost driver, Sound Driver Modifications, Upstreamed, CAF, Anti-flicker, Sultan's efficient freq table

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-26
    Current Stable Version: 'panda' - revision 2.3
    Created 2020-04-04
    Hello everyone,

Sorry if I have been very inactive in XDA, have been really busy that I am only able to be active in TG most of the times.

I have now released and updated the links as well as the XDA thread regarding the new release, 'panda.' I like pandas so I have decided with that name for the new stable release. I have cleaned up everything as to make it all clearer for new users. Also, I have decided to rebase after the stable release, something that I have already said multiple times in the telegram group although it has been delayed for a long period because of issues. Gladly, I've been able to fix all of the aforementioned issues which have allowed me to release the new version today.

Regardless, I hope the stable release finally brings clarity and gets rid of confusion to many users and also fixes the issues that may have been caused by the previous versions.

Thanks for trusting the kernel! Enjoy everyone!

P.S. I will still push updates to 'panda' (which is why I preserved the revision string) for upstreams and various bug fixes. I'll only be focusing more on the rebase than bringing more features to Lazy.

P.S. (2) I'll be taking a break for a month for now from kernel development and shift my focus on college. Will be returning on April or last week of March maybe.
    So yeah, I'm sorry about being inactive for days when it comes to the forum as well as the long wait for the next version's arrival. I just recently passed my college's aptitude test (and passed yay), and now I'm back to working on it again. So far these are the changes (test builds version X):

- Upstreamed 4.4.220
    - Updated weeb base
    - Staged dynamic stune boost based on input
    - New dynamic underclock (depends on DSBoost)
    - Scheduler tweaks
    - Memory management tweaks
    - Removed CIB and Devfreq boost
    - Removed stune assist
    - Disabled PPP support (unnecessary)
    - Removed noop
    - Set CDG and fq qdisc as default
    - Disabled more logging and debuging stuff
    - and more that I may had forgotten...

I'm still fixing instabilities with the new integrations as I am really just a newbie or an amateur when it comes to coding. Nevertheless, I enjoy it and I do want to learn more. :))

About the TG group, I'm still thinking about it XD

Anyways, good day! :good:
    Revision 2 out! Lots of fixes and also additions along with the usual upstream. Will be going off for a while again, 'till then, enjoy!

About the rebase:
    I'm still thinking about the rebase as I need to garner up patience and courage for it, still don't think I am ready specially with how tight real life schedule is currently. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I had to do some incremental revisions to fix issues. Please move to the latest r2.2 one to have performance and audio fixes.
    New dev update is released! (Late update lol)
    This should fix a lot of problems regarding booting as well as some unique issues regarding to random bootloops and panel issues.

I haven't been on XDA for a while so yeah sorry about that.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone