• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LCD Digitizer replacement

Search This thread

naveenroy

Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
www.naveenroy.com
Hello guys....not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but will see what the mods do...

Recently, the digitizer cracked on my phone - everything worked fine but there was a hairline crack. Thought I would get it professionally replaced here in USA - but none of the "professionals" have even heard of Xiaomi! Damn, blame Samsung and Crapple for this! Anyways, finally located a "professional" who said he will replace the screen as long as I purchase the parts for him. I bought the LCD/Digitizer set and gave it to him who fixed it quite well. But sadly, the touch isn't working great. There are ghost touches and I am hardly able to use the phone. Professional blames the parts and I have contacted the seller on Ebay to get a refund or replacement.

Can you suggest a good place to purchase these parts from? Secondly, do you think it is a problem with the new parts that I replaced with? Or did the "professional" screw up?

naveenroy

Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
www.naveenroy.com
Hello guys....not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but will see what the mods do...

Recently, the digitizer cracked on my phone - everything worked fine but there was a hairline crack. Thought I would get it professionally replaced here in USA - but none of the "professionals" have even heard of Xiaomi! Damn, blame Samsung and Crapple for this! Anyways, finally located a "professional" who said he will replace the screen as long as I purchase the parts for him. I bought the LCD/Digitizer set and gave it to him who fixed it quite well. But sadly, the touch isn't working great. There are ghost touches and I am hardly able to use the phone. Professional blames the parts and I have contacted the seller on Ebay to get a refund or replacement.

Can you suggest a good place to purchase these parts from? Secondly, do you think it is a problem with the new parts that I replaced with? Or did the "professional" screw up?

No replies?