LCD panel bleeding light at the bottom chin

Search This thread

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
Can any one confirm if they are seeing a bleeding effect at the bottom of the phone lcd panel. Overall the lcd panel of this phone is really bad. Comparing it to my OP2 and the illumination of the panel is too low. Anybody else with the same issues? I have put up a pic of the issue. Updated images of comparison with OP2 (In each pic POCO F1 is the at the top and OP2 at the bottom.)

Update 10/09/2018
First up my apologies for being away for the past 3-4 days. I have been trying to solve the issues with the phone and then over the weekend was caught up in some personal stuff. I thought of updating my original post rather than putting up a new one as this whole thing has come to a conclusion for me. So just a small recap, I bought the phone on 29th AUG in the first flash sale. Received the phone on 31st AUG as soon as I started the phone I found the bottom chin had a weird illumination. After a few days as the issue persisted checked online and found that the LCD panel suffered from light bleeding issues. I just headed here and created this thread and put in a request on Flipkart for a replacement. After that here is what followed.

04.09.2018 - Return requested

05.09.2018 - Got a call from Flipkart that a Technician will visit to check the device and same will be completed by 08.09.2018

07.09.2018 - Technician visited my place and checked the phone, he accepted that there was an issue however he mentioned that it is difficult to observe and explain the issue to his seniors. He however took a pic of the problem so I was hopeful that a replacement would be provided.Late evening I got a SMS that tech visit was completed, I checked the Flipkart app and it said Replaced Rejected. WTF!!!! There was Return option so selected that and the reason I selected was quality issues with product. Was surprised to see that refund request was accepted and someone would pick the package the next day.

08.09.2018 - Courier guy came to pick the package. Since I have kept the back stickers with the bar code and stuff I had just everything back as I had received it. The courier dude was acting smart and since I had already left for work he tried bullying my Mom saying the phone is not working asking what the issue was, me Mum just asked him to shut up check the package had everything and take it like he is supposed to. After checking everything and making sure all accessories are there the courier person took the package. I got a message that package was picked and refund initiated and credit will show up in my account in 3 business days.

10.09.2018 - Credit received :victory:

Regarding the Issue
First - This is not a fatal issue and as far as I know LCD bleeding does not increase with time however this is a hardware issue so if you are holding on thinking some software update is going to fix this, then sorry you are wrong.
Second - I don't agree with the "you get what you pay for" argument simply because everyone is paying the same amount of money but having different experience (We can see from pics posted by users that for some the problem is obvious and for some it is minimal and hardly noticeable)
Third - If you have this issue and it doesn't bother you then I would say go ahead and enjoy the phone. If you noticed this after checking this thread then I am sorry :(
Fourth - I would strongly recommend that people buy this phone taking Replacement/Refund policies of the merchant that is selling the phone into consideration. Guys that have purchased this from Mi website directly and want a replacement are having a tough time and am not sure if Mi website even has a refund policy. For Indian users get this from Flipkart and not Mi website, for other countries make sure Replacement/Refunds are provided in case you want to avail the same.

Final Thoughts -
I though the POCO F1 had great potential to take over from OnePlus as a budget flagship alternative however they messed up. If the POCO team had spent a little more time and may be resources on QA ,Software optimization (bugs in MIUI, bad implementation of curved corners, multi touch issues, etc) and may be a better name {POCO I mean seriously!!! :p } this phone would have been a serious contender.

Conclusion
I would like to thank everybody that participated in this thread and responded with pics for a comparison. Since I don't have the phone anymore I don't think it would be right for me to post here anymore. I just put a new battery in my OP2 so going to wait for some time and see what the Pixel's gonna be like or the OP6T maybe.

Attachments

• LCD.jpg
    LCD.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 15,697
  • Pic_2.jpg
    Pic_2.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 12,844
  • Pic_3.jpg
    Pic_3.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 11,942
  • Pic_1.jpg
    Pic_1.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 12,966
Last edited:

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
Looks fine to me on my POCO F1.
Yup this is how it is supposed to be. A google search revealed quite a few Indian users have reported this and Indonesian units too are suffering from this. Do you have the Indian unit or a global one? Also what configuration have you got?

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
Yes buddy, I have it too... I verified with 2 other poco f1's
This is so screwed up. I bought the phone coz I liked the Redmi Note 5 Pro I got for my dad. Poco screen looks bad when comparing side by side with Redme Note 5 Pro. Even brightness levels are horrible on Poco screen looks really dim at the same level as RN 5 Pro.

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
Same here buddy... Indian unit 6/64...Lemme know how the replacement thing goes
Yes will post an update. The person to check and pickup the phone will come on Saturday. Some guy on reddit mentioned that even the replacement has the same issue but I guess I have to give it a shot. :fingers-crossed:

xXxNeXuSxXx

Nov 13, 2014
Yes will post an update. The person to check and pickup the phone will come on Saturday. Some guy on reddit mentioned that even the replacement has the same issue but I guess I have to give it a shot. :fingers-crossed:
Same here... got it replaced for the same issue and sadly the new one is also having issues....

Now raised a refund as there was no replacement option available...

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
Same here... got it replaced for the same issue and sadly the new one is also having issues....

Now raised a refund as there was no replacement option available...
Well that just sucks. When did you get the replacement? I raised a request on the 5th of Sept coz I felt maybe a diff lot may not have the issue. Its funny coz some units dont have this issue (like the one posted here). I guess its like 6 out of 10 are reporting this.

xXxNeXuSxXx

Nov 13, 2014
Well that just sucks. When did you get the replacement? I raised a request on the 5th of Sept coz I felt maybe a diff lot may not have the issue. Its funny coz some units dont have this issue (like the one posted here). I guess its like 6 out of 10 are reporting this.
I raised a replacement on 31st... replacement done on 2nd.... Had contacted FK and shared all the details.. they skipped the tech visit part...

Now for refund tech visit is there :(

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
I raised a replacement on 31st... replacement done on 2nd.... Had contacted FK and shared all the details.. they skipped the tech visit part...

Now for refund tech visit is there :(
All the best for your refund mate hope they process it without hassels. The pblm with this issue is that some people just say it looks okay. Best way to reproduce is to open Chrome blank page and press and hold Power off button till the power off options come up and check the bottom if it shows a halo effect.
Let us know how the refund goes it should help others in making a decision. Curious thing is not a lot of people complaining about this like the boot loader issue.

Reactions: phoenix08

xXxNeXuSxXx

Nov 13, 2014
All the best for your refund mate hope they process it without hassels. The pblm with this issue is that some people just say it looks okay. Best way to reproduce is to open Chrome blank page and press and hold Power off button till the power off options come up and check the bottom if it shows a halo effect.
Let us know how the refund goes it should help others in making a decision. Curious thing is not a lot of people complaining about this like the boot loader issue.
From what I've seen people are using the navigation buttons and not full screen mode... because of that they are not able to notice it...

Will update here how the refund goes ?

Aimara

Jun 17, 2012

any video ? the chrome blank page is black color ? btw does Xm have a service mode to dial in like sammy

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
any video ? the chrome blank page is black color ? btw does Xm have a service mode to dial in like sammy
I guess you are opening chrome in "Incognito" mode. The effect is visible on white backgrounds I guess if you just download a white image in full screen it should show up as well. Have no info on the service mode however some one having this issue posted on twitter regarding a display test you can do.
https://twitter.com/trishitchak/status/1035941823812788224?s=19

P.S. I went back to my old device so I havent tried the steps mentioned in the tweet.

Darkness126

Feb 15, 2017
Bangalore
could you please explain about the issue, i'm not understanding the problem... I mean I do see a bit white color in power options screen but I don't understand the issue with this. :(

jibs3k

Sep 24, 2017
Can any one confirm if they are seeing a bleeding effect at the bottom of the phone lcd panel. Overall the lcd panel of this phone is really bad. Comparing it to my OP2 and the illumination of the panel is too low. Anybody else with the same issues? I have put up a pic of the issue.

Im also having this issue, will this cause any problems in the future?

AshDroidG

Oct 7, 2015
Mumbai
could you please explain about the issue, i'm not understanding the problem... I mean I do see a bit white color in power options screen but I don't understand the issue with this. :(

A bit of inconsistent brightness levels are expected with LCD panels however with the POCO F1 quite a few people are facing LCD bleed that is very notice able. If the inconsistency is minimal and some thing you can live with then its alright. For me it has been bothering me from day one as soon as I switched the phone on. I mainly use my phone for watching videos and the effect sometimes is more pronounced and that bothers me hence I have asked for a replacement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my 2 cents
    i bought my poco f1 on the 1day flash sale here in India and my product has 0 screen bleed issues. i have seen 4 more units with 0 bleed and 1 unit with minor bleed. now generally people who are having a good experience won't write their reviews on the internet but the case is just opposite when they find issue with their devices. people who find a flaw will make sure that their voices get heard and this is absolutely ok. but people who are interested in this product see the internet full of negative reviews and they question themselves whether they should buy it or not. 90% of users who are happy with the product won't even share their experience because they are settled with their purchase.
    also many think this an the issue only with the Indian unit but i have seen cases from other countries too and it started selling in India first(i guess) and was easily available here and sold a lot of units here so it seems that it is an Indian unit issue only. also take a note of the Indian population too so most reviews(negative or positive) you find on internet especially on poco f1 has a high chance of being written by an Indian. moreover it is not "made in India" rather it is "assembled in India" so the screens still come from China like it would for any other poco device sold in any nook and corner of the world. made in India tag is just a trick to save some import duty because parts incur less duty compared to phones. here in India parts are just screwed into place and called "made in India" and acts as a good PR for xiaomi along with saving some money on duty. screen is not made here it is imported as a whole with the digitizer and connectors all the way from China.
    what can you do as a buyer interested in poco f1? i would say just wait for the 1st batch to get sold out. wait for a couple of months and then start buying your device. most are made in august 2018. once you see your friends or people on internet getting devices with nov/dec 2018 date then you can know that a new batch has arrived and you can buy one. international buyers who are buying from resellers know that they might still be holding on to an old stock so ask them the manufacturing date.

thank you.
    Can any one confirm if they are seeing a bleeding effect at the bottom of the phone lcd panel. Overall the lcd panel of this phone is really bad. Comparing it to my OP2 and the illumination of the panel is too low. Anybody else with the same issues? I have put up a pic of the issue. Updated images of comparison with OP2 (In each pic POCO F1 is the at the top and OP2 at the bottom.)

Update 10/09/2018
    First up my apologies for being away for the past 3-4 days. I have been trying to solve the issues with the phone and then over the weekend was caught up in some personal stuff. I thought of updating my original post rather than putting up a new one as this whole thing has come to a conclusion for me. So just a small recap, I bought the phone on 29th AUG in the first flash sale. Received the phone on 31st AUG as soon as I started the phone I found the bottom chin had a weird illumination. After a few days as the issue persisted checked online and found that the LCD panel suffered from light bleeding issues. I just headed here and created this thread and put in a request on Flipkart for a replacement. After that here is what followed.

04.09.2018 - Return requested

05.09.2018 - Got a call from Flipkart that a Technician will visit to check the device and same will be completed by 08.09.2018

07.09.2018 - Technician visited my place and checked the phone, he accepted that there was an issue however he mentioned that it is difficult to observe and explain the issue to his seniors. He however took a pic of the problem so I was hopeful that a replacement would be provided.Late evening I got a SMS that tech visit was completed, I checked the Flipkart app and it said Replaced Rejected. WTF!!!! There was Return option so selected that and the reason I selected was quality issues with product. Was surprised to see that refund request was accepted and someone would pick the package the next day.

08.09.2018 - Courier guy came to pick the package. Since I have kept the back stickers with the bar code and stuff I had just everything back as I had received it. The courier dude was acting smart and since I had already left for work he tried bullying my Mom saying the phone is not working asking what the issue was, me Mum just asked him to shut up check the package had everything and take it like he is supposed to. After checking everything and making sure all accessories are there the courier person took the package. I got a message that package was picked and refund initiated and credit will show up in my account in 3 business days.

10.09.2018 - Credit received :victory:

Regarding the Issue
    First - This is not a fatal issue and as far as I know LCD bleeding does not increase with time however this is a hardware issue so if you are holding on thinking some software update is going to fix this, then sorry you are wrong.
    Second - I don't agree with the "you get what you pay for" argument simply because everyone is paying the same amount of money but having different experience (We can see from pics posted by users that for some the problem is obvious and for some it is minimal and hardly noticeable)
    Third - If you have this issue and it doesn't bother you then I would say go ahead and enjoy the phone. If you noticed this after checking this thread then I am sorry :(
    Fourth - I would strongly recommend that people buy this phone taking Replacement/Refund policies of the merchant that is selling the phone into consideration. Guys that have purchased this from Mi website directly and want a replacement are having a tough time and am not sure if Mi website even has a refund policy. For Indian users get this from Flipkart and not Mi website, for other countries make sure Replacement/Refunds are provided in case you want to avail the same.

Final Thoughts -
    I though the POCO F1 had great potential to take over from OnePlus as a budget flagship alternative however they messed up. If the POCO team had spent a little more time and may be resources on QA ,Software optimization (bugs in MIUI, bad implementation of curved corners, multi touch issues, etc) and may be a better name {POCO I mean seriously!!! :p } this phone would have been a serious contender.

Conclusion
    I would like to thank everybody that participated in this thread and responded with pics for a comparison. Since I don't have the phone anymore I don't think it would be right for me to post here anymore. I just put a new battery in my OP2 so going to wait for some time and see what the Pixel's gonna be like or the OP6T maybe.
    It's there for every POCO F1

I've removed the screen protector and now made some pics of the screen.
    Kindly let me know what you guys think regarding the same screen bleed issue for this phone.

Actually the issue is here with most of the POCO F1 and mostly visible with gray background(like Power Off screen), not that much with the Red, Green and Blue screen in "Display Test". It is here also with your grey picture(very less at bottom chin but clearly visible at left side) and even could be seen in green one .The question is "How much it is affecting you!!. But this much can easily be avoided and you'll rarely notice it in day to day usage and won't notice it even for a single time when gaming.
    Mine is also something like yours' or you can say a little bit more at chin only but nothing at any other part. And only visible with lighter background shades( when display emits more light), mostly like yellow and white and of course when you know about it and trying to see it in "Power Off" screen!! You can always test it by yourself with different wallpapers or pages in browsers with brightness at full. But do you really think that you are going to look at your display always with full brightness?? With moderate brightness still it may be there but definitely less noticeable. Again, you notice it only when you know about it. If not then your device is badly defected and get rid of it .
    Everybody is going nuts because someone made a headline about this in a forum i.e. none other than "XDA". Visitors and members here smarter and more obsessed with their devices rather than casual users. Obviously we XDA 'ans know how to look for an issue and how to convince others about it.
    I would like to share someone else's post about this issue as I also think he is right to some extent..
    "Of course they had to cut the cost. Displays don't cost the same as popsicles. You should try to see the complete package. And I don't see a better package than this under ₹25000 even with all the issues."
    But, yeah.. I'm not going to accept it with all issues like him. But if it's not a issue for you and your usage then what's the problem?? Please keep it in mind that who started this thread has clearly mentioned that "this problem is too much obvious for him and he can't live with it". So let him get rid of this issue immediately. He is not you or you are not him!!
    And the last thing ( which should be mentioned at very first), why are you posting pictures and asking about it, if you, yourself is not noticing it. We are with same kind of eyes like you are having. We are not super human with some scanner fit into our eyes!! At the end it's only you who is going to use your device not us. So, it's rightly said .." Seems perfect, do not go in paranoia :)"
    And yes, please forgive me for my bad english.
    UPDATE:

Flipkart rejected my return request just a while back..they kept my return request on hold for a week and cancelled it just after the return period is over... Flipkart playing dirty tricks!

Now what to do? I am clueless

I think flipkart made an official announcement regarding the screen bleeding issue on Poco F1. They clearly mentioned that they may not replace the device if it comes with screen bleeding issue. You should have invested some more time checking user feedback before putting your money on a device which has a lot of issues (as of now). And this kind of issues can't be fixed by software updates as well. So, if the seller or manufacturer doesn't replace it, you end up having a crap. And selling it to someone else without telling them the truth is also unethical.
    Agree with you. But In India some batch is affected and Xiaomi still not taking responsibility on this and saying it is not an issue. In Xiaomi service centre they told me that it is a special feature of this device which enhance low brightness experience. That is what you can expect from a cheap Brand.

service center guys are a different breed of creatures. either they are very clever and try to fool customers into believing crap they say or they are extremely idiotic. i have got a good dose of their idiocy. they can see 7-8 dead pixels right there on the screen but will ask me "where? i can't see anything". laptop repair guys misplaced every rubber foot on my laptop's base and broke the rubber ring off the screen and when i ask them how they do such things his answer is "they are meant to be removed. that is just extra packaging material". in India you meet such idiots on a daily basis especially working in technological fields with designations like service engineer, wishmaster, technical guide.
    as far as xiaomi goes i expect them to replace or refund if the screen has bleeding. they won't accept on twitter or facebook as that would be bad PR. but internally they should without any harassment to the customer provide replacement or refund. they very well know the issue as on twitter out of every 10 posts 5 are about the screen bleed. i think they will rectify this issue in the second batch and if they don't do that then they are cutting the branch on which they are sitting.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone