Question LE2120 Chinese variant has Indian FIrmware ((LE15 DA). Is it possible to change it to global firmware?

Search This thread

snovharry

Aug 14, 2012
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I got my 9 pro yesterday and it has indian firmware which i don't like. Is it possible to change it to global one. I'm on 11.2.5.5.

Also is it possible to use msm tool for Indian variant on this handset?

Thnx. Really hoping to get some answers

zjhjack123

Oct 4, 2010
Shijiazhuang
iLazyCat.com
Yes, you can.
The only problem is 11.2.5.5 is too new, there is no full upgrade package yet. You can try flash an older global version rom, but with the risk of brick your phone. Through I think worst could happen is you have to wipe your phone.

You can find download link for global rom in this thread.

Q: How do I switch to Europe or Global OS?
A: Wait for the new version, download the #Full package and Local Update it. If you have Magisk installed, you can try to Local Update after entering the following command (need ROOT access).
resetprop ro.build.date.utc 1400000000

Dec 14, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's my case too.
I'm also in the 11.2.5.5 Indian SW.

So it's better to wait for a Global 11.2.5.5 or newer to flash over it? Right? It's not necessary to erase all data?

Does someone know what are the benefits from Global over the Indian? It seems that OnePlus is giving more attention to Indian market (updates, features, etc)

zoman7663

• May 23, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    That's my case too.

So it's better to wait for a Global 11.2.5.5 or newer to flash over it? Right? It's not necessary to erase all data?

Does someone know what are the benefits from Global over the Indian? It seems that OnePlus is giving more attention to Indian market (updates, features, etc)
    From what I can tell, there is no discernable difference in the firmware other than bloat directed at the Indian market. I'm also on LE2120 in the U.S. running the DA firmware. Everything on my device is fully functional as far as WiFi, 5G connectivity and all that. I debloated all the Indian specific bloat (red cable club, cloud storage and the like, especially since it doesn't work here in the States). I expect you can flash other regions firmware without issue or data loss so long as the other regions firmware is "newer" than what you're already on, otherwise it simply won't let you using local upgrade.

Reactions: danilobertelli

MarukuV

May 13, 2021
    I'm also on LE2120 in the UAE running out of box coloros, then downgraded to the DA firmware, today I have updated to Global 11.2.5.5 . Everything on my device is fully functional except 5G (ETISALAT) and Invalid VIP NV's:2500 at every restart
    is the nv 2500, the verification in about phone page in system setting and the missing 5g all related upon cross flashing the color os to oxygen os?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      That's my case too.

From what I can tell, there is no discernable difference in the firmware other than bloat directed at the Indian market. I'm also on LE2120 in the U.S. running the DA firmware. Everything on my device is fully functional as far as WiFi, 5G connectivity and all that. I debloated all the Indian specific bloat (red cable club, cloud storage and the like, especially since it doesn't work here in the States). I expect you can flash other regions firmware without issue or data loss so long as the other regions firmware is "newer" than what you're already on, otherwise it simply won't let you using local upgrade.