Question le2125_11_c.61 OOS12 root

Search This thread
Jan 5, 2011
Vermont
OnePlus 9 Pro
My phone updated to le2125_11_c.61 and I can't find a suitable boot.img to flash magisk. The OTA update has a partial boot image so that fails. Does anyone have a copy of the boot.img for this version, or is there another method I should use?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
My phone updated to le2125_11_c.61 and I can't find a suitable boot.img to flash magisk. The OTA update has a partial boot image so that fails. Does anyone have a copy of the boot.img for this version, or is there another method I should use?
Just use the C.48 patched image, boot (don't flash), and then direct install Magisk. Should work. If it doesn't, no harm done since you didn't flash it.

Jan 5, 2011
Vermont
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just use the C.48 patched image, boot (don't flash), and then direct install Magisk. Should work. If it doesn't, no harm done since you didn't flash it.
That was a nice thought, but unfortunately it didn't work. The phone hangs when booting both the magisk'd and regular C.48 image.
I did fastboot boot boot.img. Is that correct? I'm a bit out of practice.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
That was a nice thought, but unfortunately it didn't work. The phone hangs when booting both the magisk'd and regular C.48 image.
I did fastboot boot boot.img. Is that correct? I'm a bit out of practice.
Well unfortunately I have downloaded two different python scripts trying to patch the full OTA with the incremental OTA and they are both failing so I guess we will have to wait for someone else to do it because I don't have the expertise to fix this.

Reactions: Shivanshpro

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
As long as your bootloader is unlocked, You could try booting (again not flashing) into TWRP and then try sideloading Magisk (after renaming .apk to .zip) ?
You can't boot into TWRP because it doesn't work on OOS12. It crash dumps.

Someone who is rooted needs to install the OTA and pull the image unless there is a tool I haven't come across that works better for incremental OTA extraction.

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
The incremental C.61 OTA (downloaded thru Oxygen Updater) ins't getting installed.
The oxygen updater app isn't listing the file and the About device Local Install is throwing Verification failed.
Any idea to fix this ?
LE2121

Thanks

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018

Try using the MSM tool for your device, press F8, then select boot_a or boot_b depending on what slot you're in. To check your slot, reboot to fastboot and issue the command fastboot getvar current-slot.

You should be able to then patch the boot.img and flash it normally.

Jan 5, 2011
Vermont
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try using the MSM tool for your device, press F8, then select boot_a or boot_b depending on what slot you're in. To check your slot, reboot to fastboot and issue the command fastboot getvar current-slot.

You should be able to then patch the boot.img and flash it normally.
Getting this phone to actually boot into MSM mode is a nightmare. I either end up in fastboot or it boots up normally. I got it to show up exactly once, but it timed out and booted up before I got the readback going.

Jan 5, 2011
Vermont
OnePlus 9 Pro
Successfully rooted! Huge thanks to razercortex and others in this thread who helped.

Here is a download of both the unmodified and magisk patched boot.img for e2125_11_c.61 global.

I booted the patched image via fastboot and then did a magisk direct install. After updating the safetynet fix module and running props I am passing safeteynet. I had to restore props to defaults and then apply the android 11 fingerprint for this phone, otherwise it would fail CTS.

gulshanstrider

Sep 3, 2013
Chandigarh
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
Successfully rooted! Huge thanks to razercortex and others in this thread who helped.

Here is a download of both the unmodified and magisk patched boot.img for e2125_11_c.61 global.

I booted the patched image via fastboot and then did a magisk direct install. After updating the safetynet fix module and running props I am passing safeteynet. I had to restore props to defaults and then apply the android 11 fingerprint for this phone, otherwise it would fail CTS.
Can you please share the steps to get the boot.img
I have to get it from LE2121

TornSack

Jun 26, 2013
You should be able to just boot (don't flash) the 2125 rooted image they posted and then use Magisk to direct install.
I have an LE2125 on 11_C.61 and when I fastboot the posted patched boot.img file I get Magisk Installed: N/A in Magisk Manager. I even patched the posted boot.img myself in Magisk and get Magisk Installed: N/A when fastbooting that patched boot.img. Any ideas?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I have an LE2125 on 11_C.61 and when I fastboot the posted patched boot.img file I get Magisk Installed: N/A in Magisk Manager. I even patched the posted boot.img myself in Magisk and get Magisk Installed: N/A when fastbooting that patched boot.img. Any ideas?
Did you go to try to direct install? I haven't actually tried C.61 yet, I've got stuff to do this weekend and can't have my phone in an experimental state when I'm trying to call and Uber to get around, so I can't test it myself.

Top Liked Posts