LED notification light

Search This thread

kezzuki

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Hmmm.. ok let me try from scratch again... cuz when i get a notification its as if the screen is on black but the cutout is the only thing on

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Yea... it doesnt work for me.... so the cutout lights up but the entire screen is black.. so i need to press the power button to get my finger print to unlock again

wait...what exactly did uou want it to do again?

blkghost22

Jan 29, 2010
wait...what exactly did uou want it to do again?
So when i get a msg/notification i want it to light up... so i know i have something... but when i pick up my phone i want to be able to unlock it with my fingerprint to check what i got... so basically a true notification light... atm the cutout lights up but the surrounding is black... in order for me to check it i need to use the power button to turn off the screen and turn it back on to unlock the phone

kezzuki

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
So when i get a msg/notification i want it to light up... so i know i have something... but when i pick up my phone i want to be able to unlock it with my fingerprint to check what i got... so basically a true notification light... atm the cutout lights up but the surrounding is black... in order for me to check it i need to use the power button to turn off the screen and turn it back on to unlock the phone

Ok, in that case, on top of my screen shot, enable the "fingerprint is not working, try to fix it" option lol
This way the first time you touch(not click, if you enabled "allways-on fingerprint sensor") the power button it goes to lock screen and touch it again it will unlock.

I think this is as closes as it can get before samsung give us this feature in an update.
Or, the dev od this app seems to be working on this everyday,and hopefully he will beat samsung to it.

lumiden

Oct 28, 2008
Using a third party app for something that should come with stock software creates a ton of issues.

For example, the status bar is still active when mi phone is locked, so I thinks that's making my device to wake up in my pocket.

steelersmb

Aug 10, 2010
Ok, in that case, on top of my screen shot, enable the "fingerprint is not working, try to fix it" option lol
This way the first time you touch(not click, if you enabled "allways-on fingerprint sensor") the power button it goes to lock screen and touch it again it will unlock.

I think this is as closes as it can get before samsung give us this feature in an update.
Or, the dev od this app seems to be working on this everyday,and hopefully he will beat samsung to it.

I also have the option for SmartUnlock so when I pick my phone up it goes to the lock screen. It says it uses more battery but I'll see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the crap quality...used an iPhone and texted the video to myself.

Check this out.

https://youtu.be/DrDSD7bgFoc

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

Share the solution or it didn't happen.
    I did...look!
    https://youtu.be/FSLbzsrXDHQ

It is a common and polite way on the Internet to share in the OP all the available information.

If you don't then don't be offended if people think it was fake or complain about the lack of information. [emoji6]
    Thanks for teaching me the Internet.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone