• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LeEco Le 1 Pro (x800) Hard Brick Fix

Search This thread

viperdream26

Dec 2, 2010
So...you wanted to push the limit of your Le 1 Pro (x800) phone and install a newer ROM, but surprise...you bricked your phone?! :p Welcome to the solution...

Requirements:
-Hard-bricked Le 1 Pro, aka x800 (HARD BRICKED = Nothing comes up, no Penguin [fastboot], no Recovery)
-Windows Computer (I used Windows 7 32-bit, but Win8/10 32/64-bit should also work fine.)
-USB Type-C Data/Charge cable
-Qualcomm QPST 2.7 Build 429 (older versions such as 422 or 427 DO NOT WORK, I've tried.)
-Qualcomm Drivers

Review this link: http://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/ (It talks about putting the computer in test mode and removing all existing drivers...either of which may or may not be required. If you run into trouble, try some of the things from this link!!)

Steps:
1) Download this zip file (contains everything you need): https://mega.nz/#!KthDlSxD!deEIr2y0PAPcPC4CHUSP2zInbBJ5VgBJpWa1B0PYhv0 (1.33GB File Size)
2) Unzip it.
3) Install "QPST.2.7.429.msi".
4) Plug-in phone and install applicable drivers from "Qualcomm_Drivers" folder (x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64-bit).
5) From your computers applications folder, run "QFIL".
6) At the top, it should say something like "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)". (If not try holding the phone's power button for maybe 5-20 seconds. If that doesn't work, see the above link about running your computer in test mode, uninstalling existing drivers, etc.)
6) Choose "Flat Build".
7) Click "Browse..." and choose prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn from the "x1_na_dvt1_fastboot" folder.
8) Click "Load XML..." and choose rawprogram_unsparse.xml and when prompted, patch0.xml from the "x1_na_dvt1_fastboot" folder.
9) Click "Download" and let the fun begin.

FYI: Please DO NOT use the rom as-is. This is an early Chinese prototype rom, not a daily driver. Seek help/links from other users to install a different ROM. Perhaps in the future I'll have something better for you.

Disclaimer:
Apologies ahead of time if I don't have time to help you all troubleshoot. This is a complex process and although I've tried to make it easier, there will probably be some speed-bumps...like everything in life. Like you, this has already sucked up a lot of time and energy. I truly hope that those who are successful can help others! Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

peppebi

Aug 24, 2009
Can you please upload the zip file on a most reliable site? I think is the fourth time I try to dowload it and everytime connection broke. Thank you!

3buHello

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot. I finally unbricked my phone.
However, the storage became 8gb, blue notification light is constantly on, etc.
Any suggestions how to fix them?

Installed cuoco92 rom but no success on the abovementioned problems.

Wanted to wipe internal storage when installing rom but usb otg shows 0 mb in twrp. Cannot flash zip from usb.

Makvelli

Jun 1, 2016
Sucess!!!! I debricked it! Thak you viperdream26. The phone now boots directly to recovery. Which recovery/rom did you flash? I dont want to mess this up again...

Reactions: GolfMDCU59

peppebi

Aug 24, 2009
Guys please upload the zip on another site. I cannot download it using the link provided by viperdream. Thank you!

owntec

Jun 4, 2016
Well, i did brick my x800 too, but i manage to instal the trwp, its working, i didnt flash any rom, but, i got it bugged instaling twrp...
Now im on recovery loop, how can i get out of this recovery and boot ?

Bossie12

Aug 7, 2010
First of all big thanks to viperdream26 !
Same here as Makvelli - 10:44.
Phone only boots in Chinese recovery and then nothing else, can't do anything in this recovery. Does anyone know how to proceed ?
I was to quick with my response ! Phone boots ok, bootanimation is absent (only LETV with underneath two Chinese lines) and the rom is multi-langual.
Rom : Build-number 0.3-20150630-20-test-keys.
Well, now phone reboots every 5 minutes !
I suppose this rom isn't the US version ?

Last edited:

peppebi

Aug 24, 2009
Operation went fine and I got a successful message. Now I have the chinese LeTv recovery!

Makvelli

Jun 1, 2016
Phone only boots in Chinese recovery and then nothing else, can't do anything in this recovery. Does anyone know how to proceed ?
I was to quick with my response ! Phone boots ok, bootanimation is absent (only LETV with underneath two Chinese lines) and the rom is multi-langual.

I had the same problem. I put the phone in download mode (volume down and power button till I saw that peungine again). Kinda missed him since my phone was in coma for a week :D. Then i flashed the twrp 3.0.2 again and now I'm going to wait for maybe cuoco92 to help us with some ideas what to do next? Did anybody tried to flash his custom rom for us x800 13s?

Reactions: nitalium
May 3, 2016
after the restoration of this method it is necessary to update the firmware via fastboot! Firmware is here to see prices yadi.sk/d/lIMbN-bbsHRbT

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Last edited:

jay0jay0

Jun 6, 2016
hi guys i really need your help.

i bricked my x800 yesterday and i am trying to get it back alive.
i used qfil with the given files at the right place and hit download..
qfil says com port number 5
switch to edl
download fail switch to EDL fail failed to switch to emergency download mode
finish download

please help, it is way beyond my knowledge

: i managed to get qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 in qfil and i am stucked ..
download fail sahara fail sahara fail

Last edited:

Steini89

Jun 6, 2016
Do we have any custom rom and TWRP for Us version? Thanks for bringing my phone back to life! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So...you wanted to push the limit of your Le 1 Pro (x800) phone and install a newer ROM, but surprise...you bricked your phone?! :p Welcome to the solution...

Requirements:
    -Hard-bricked Le 1 Pro, aka x800 (HARD BRICKED = Nothing comes up, no Penguin [fastboot], no Recovery)
    -Windows Computer (I used Windows 7 32-bit, but Win8/10 32/64-bit should also work fine.)
    -USB Type-C Data/Charge cable
    -Qualcomm QPST 2.7 Build 429 (older versions such as 422 or 427 DO NOT WORK, I've tried.)
    -Qualcomm Drivers

Review this link: http://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/ (It talks about putting the computer in test mode and removing all existing drivers...either of which may or may not be required. If you run into trouble, try some of the things from this link!!)

Steps:
    1) Download this zip file (contains everything you need): https://mega.nz/#!KthDlSxD!deEIr2y0PAPcPC4CHUSP2zInbBJ5VgBJpWa1B0PYhv0 (1.33GB File Size)
    2) Unzip it.
    3) Install "QPST.2.7.429.msi".
    4) Plug-in phone and install applicable drivers from "Qualcomm_Drivers" folder (x86 = 32-bit, x64 = 64-bit).
    5) From your computers applications folder, run "QFIL".
    6) At the top, it should say something like "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)". (If not try holding the phone's power button for maybe 5-20 seconds. If that doesn't work, see the above link about running your computer in test mode, uninstalling existing drivers, etc.)
    6) Choose "Flat Build".
    7) Click "Browse..." and choose prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn from the "x1_na_dvt1_fastboot" folder.
    8) Click "Load XML..." and choose rawprogram_unsparse.xml and when prompted, patch0.xml from the "x1_na_dvt1_fastboot" folder.
    9) Click "Download" and let the fun begin.

FYI: Please DO NOT use the rom as-is. This is an early Chinese prototype rom, not a daily driver. Seek help/links from other users to install a different ROM. Perhaps in the future I'll have something better for you.

Disclaimer:
    Apologies ahead of time if I don't have time to help you all troubleshoot. This is a complex process and although I've tried to make it easier, there will probably be some speed-bumps...like everything in life. Like you, this has already sucked up a lot of time and energy. I truly hope that those who are successful can help others! Best of luck to you!
    yadi.sk/d/KtcTvu6jsHA4g
    To get your international ROM, partition layout and everything back , just do this:

Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/109hyb9w7cqnxl3/160519-x1_na_fastboot_Lang_EKL.rar?dl=0 unzip, go fastboot (power+vol up) and run the batch file x1_na_fastboot.bat. I did solve guys, good as new! Thanks @viperdream26 !

Cheers!
    Sucess!!!! I debricked it! Thak you viperdream26. The phone now boots directly to recovery. Which recovery/rom did you flash? I dont want to mess this up again...

I had the same problem. I put the phone in download mode (volume down and power button till I saw that peungine again). Kinda missed him since my phone was in coma for a week :D. Then i flashed the twrp 3.0.2 again and now I'm going to wait for maybe cuoco92 to help us with some ideas what to do next? Did anybody tried to flash his custom rom for us x800 13s?