Question Legion Y700?

Search This thread

jianglai

Dec 2, 2010
Install from fastboot, no recovery needed

fastboot flash system caos-v316-220321-arm64-bvZ-lite.img

NOTE: There are some risks to install an GSI, biggest problem is to return to stock as there no guides. There is an way with QPST tool but its somewhat complicated
I don't think you can return to stock ever? The unlock site says that unlocking is irreversible, meaning you cannot relock the bootloader. Can you install the stock ROM with an unlocked bootloader?

Also, note that some company (mine for example) requires a locked bootloader to enable Work Profile. If you are in the same boot, even if you flash a ROM that supports Work Profile, it will still not work, unfortunately.

NisseGurra

Nov 22, 2005
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
I don't think you can return to stock ever? The unlock site says that unlocking is irreversible, meaning you cannot relock the bootloader. Can you install the stock ROM with an unlocked bootloader?

Also, note that some company (mine for example) requires a locked bootloader to enable Work Profile. If you are in the same boot, even if you flash a ROM that supports Work Profile, it will still not work, unfortunately.
It is possible to restore stock and relock bootloader. The unlocked bootloader warning still there tho.
The restore process is a bit complicated as you need to use Qfil sw ( Qualcomm flash image loader) and you need the QPST firmware for Y700,

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
It is possible to restore stock and relock bootloader. The unlocked bootloader warning still there tho.
The restore process is a bit complicated as you need to use Qfil sw ( Qualcomm flash image loader) and you need the QPST firmware for Y700,
How would you even go about obtaining those recovery files. I'm still waiting for about a $50 price drop on giztop before I bite.

FIERA03

I have flashed a lot of GSI on this tablet so far.
Here is a summary of the bugs and other issues that I have noticed in them.
※All of them are Android 12L except for the ones without special notes.

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS, Cherish OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock. The latest Corvus also added this.
②Ancient OS(Android 12.0)...Lock screen does not turn to landscape. Also, when I change the username or photo at the top of the settings, the settings app crashes. Also note that the settings app crashes if you change the username or photo above the settings.
③Proton AOSP...When I restarted to set up Magisk, the settings app repeatedly stops. Deleting app data and cache had no effect.
④Havoc OS(Android 11)...The startup logo does not appear in the first place and comes back to the bootloader.
⑤Superior OS...It started, but the FPS dropped extremely. I judged that it is difficult to use regularly.
⑥Pixel Experience…The screen is still not landscape. Also, it seems that it is not optimized for tablets any more than Descendant, and when I call the dock while launching an app(the feature of 12L), the icon looks like it has been split in half.
⑦All of NipponGSI...Like Havoc OS, it comes back to the bootloader. It may be a bad compatibility.
⑧Lineage OS…There was a switch "Rotate lock screen" in the settings. But I don't use it, because the "su" binary is still in the root file and can't delete it ,so interferes with SafetyNet.
⑨Arrow OS...This also allows the lock screen to be turned landscape and is also very light. Although the lack of face unlock is a demerit (LSPosed module didn't work→https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/11-universalauth-face-unlock-for-all-roms.4419343/).But there are few complaints for me. So I'm using it regularly.

I'm sorry if it's hard to read because I'm not good at English. Thank you.

Last edited:

FIERA03

With the Arrow OS on the Y700, are you able root with Magisk?
Yes. However, don't expect SafetyNet to pass.
In 12.0, I was able to pass this just by installing the latest Universal SafetyNet Fix module. But in 12L, I was blocked even using the MagiskHide Props Config.
I'm fortunate that it doesn't affect my regular apps such as Kindle.

Sep 25, 2019

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock.
②Ancient OS(Android 12.0)...Lock screen does not turn to landscape. Also, when I change the username or photo at the top of the settings, the settings app crashes. Also note that the settings app crashes if you change the username or photo above the settings.
③Proton AOSP...When I restarted to set up Magisk, the settings app repeatedly stops. Deleting app data and cache had no effect.
④Havoc OS(Android 11)...The startup logo does not appear in the first place and comes back to the bootloader.
⑤Superior OS...It started, but the FPS dropped extremely. I judged that it is difficult to use regularly.
⑥Pixel Experience…The screen is still not landscape. Also, it seems that it is not optimized for tablets any more than Descendant, and when I call the dock while launching an app(the feature of 12L), the icon looks like it has been split in half.
⑦All of NipponGSI...Like Havoc OS, it comes back to the bootloader. It may be a bad compatibility.
⑧Lineage OS…There was a switch "Rotate lock screen" in the settings. But I don't use it, because the "su" binary is still in the root file and can't delete it ,so interferes with SafetyNet.
⑨Arrow OS...This also allows the lock screen to be turned landscape and is also very light. Although the lack of face unlock is a demerit (LSPosed module didn't work→https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/11-universalauth-face-unlock-for-all-roms.4419343/).But there are few complaints for me. So I'm using it regularly.

Thanks for updating us.. still waiting for price drop to get one. but if i may ask.. are the notifications working well on the custom os? notifications for mail, gmail, whatsapp facebook etc?

Reactions: swieder711

richbumx

Apr 25, 2007

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock.

what GSI rom are you using? I'm using the pixel Experience as it seems to be the nicest clean android experience, but the icon split in half is annoying. I use a different launcher and that hides the icons but if I long press my bottom bar it shows up again all distorted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-130658_Nova7.png
    Screenshot_20220519-130658_Nova7.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 42

Honkbeep04

May 20, 2022
Can any owners report on eye fatigue with the IPS screen? I have loved my 3 OLED phones but they seem to make my eyes tired or even greasy after prolonged use, slightly more than my ipad. My IPS laptop still causes some fatigue but it's older and has laggy Windows scrolling.

FIERA03

what GSI rom are you using? I'm using the pixel Experience as it seems to be the nicest clean android experience, but the icon split in half is annoying. I use a different launcher and that hides the icons but if I long press my bottom bar it shows up again all distorted.
I recommend DescendantOS and ArrowOS.
The first has a face unlock feature instead of not having the screen in landscape mode, and the second can have the lock screen in landscape mode instead of not having face unlock.
This is the only trade here, but I have not identified any other glitches that I have noticed.
I use ArrowOS.

Reactions: PILOT74

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    I found an article regarding y700 with gsi
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide

So basically the only problem with Lineage OS GSI is the presense of the "su" binary? I'm just confirming, because for me SafetyNet is not something I need, and if it's breakage is the only drawback, then LineageOS seems like a best option out of all.
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide
    The autobritness settings in the overlay are a bit to low. I try to mod it and post the apk here if i get it right
    i went ask some details about how to get a dedicated forum, and it's not as easy as i thought it would be.
    Quoting an admin: "It is selected by popular demand and by the level of development that exists for a device. If, for example, a large amount of development threads for a device are created in a remotely related device forum or the general section, chances are very high a dedicated device forum will be created and the existing threads will be moved there.".
    So before we can get a dedicated forum, it looks like some devs will have to show interest into the Y700. Not sure how we can proceed with that and get visibility. I thought it would go the other way around -> an existing dedicated forum would attract devs. :confused:
    Been awhile searching for the latest firmware file but to no avail.
    Anyone have a full rom file for 13.1.541 ST?
    Only seeing the old firmware version 13.0.586
    Hi all.
    I just got this tablet yesterday.
    Language available on tablet are chinese and english maybe (morelocale2 could be useful)
    Google play services can be download directly from ZUI app store inside the tablet.
    Widevine L1.
    not sure about root or unlock bootloader (didn't use android device for a long time)

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS, Cherish OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock. The latest Corvus also added this.

Greeting Y700 users 😋
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide
    Yeah. This tablet have zero competition in Android space and the sellers seems took advantage of that
    Imagine how many of these will Lenovo sell if they bring it to ROW. Now the fat margins are all eaten by resellers.
    Can you test the setup on an 1080p TV with an HDMI port?
    Works for me. both normal and pc mode.

Any Chinese junk apps installed as default?
    Yes. But can be uninstall or disable.