Question Legion Y700?

Search This thread

Phoenix2000

Aug 9, 2006
Brussels
Where did you all buy your own Y700? AliExpress or other? Which seller (link?)? And what is your experience with selling to wherever you are on Earth?

Is Original and "Global ROM" really different? If so, how?
I think Original ROM anyways have at least english language built-in, right?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your answers.

FIERA03

Where did you all buy your own Y700? AliExpress or other? Which seller (link?)? And what is your experience with selling to wherever you are on Earth?

Is Original and "Global ROM" really different? If so, how?
I think Original ROM anyways have at least english language built-in, right?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your answers.
I bought this at Aliexpress. I wanted case and display film so I used this site(→https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100..._list.0.0.21ef585a93X4fm&gatewayAdapt=glo2jpn)
No items were missing. However, the Global ROM was just an apparent, and in reality it was just an English version of the CN ROM with additional GApps, etc. installed (and more, I overwrote GSI, which made no reason at all💦).

Lucas VT

Nov 17, 2015
OnePlus One
Moto 360
Y700 firmware

Source: https://androplus-org.translate.goo...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Translated:
"Bootloader Unlockable
In addition to turning on OEM unlock, you can unlock Bootloader by applying to Lenovo.
Even if Bootloader Unlock, it remains Widevine L1.
"
Hey, what format are those firmwares? they dont look like any fasheable rom i've seen before, I tried to patch the boot.img with magisk, but its not able to boot with it, i also see that there are 3 different boot images (boot.img, boot_a.img and boot_b.img).

When i execute "fastboot flash boot [image]" it says that its flashing "boot_b".

I would like to keep the stock room for the desktop mode, but i'm not able to make it boot with any boot*.img that i can find whithin those files.

If i dont find the real boot image i can flash a GSI but it would be a shame.

Lucas VT

Nov 17, 2015
OnePlus One
Moto 360
Hey, what format are those firmwares? they dont look like any fasheable rom i've seen before, I tried to patch the boot.img with magisk, but its not able to boot with it, i also see that there are 3 different boot images (boot.img, boot_a.img and boot_b.img).

When i execute "fastboot flash boot [image]" it says that its flashing "boot_b".

I would like to keep the stock room for the desktop mode, but i'm not able to make it boot with any boot*.img that i can find whithin those files.

If i dont find the real boot image i can flash a GSI but it would be a shame.
Well, after thinkering around for a while with the boot images on the stock rooms i decided to go for a GSI rom.

I flashed the lastest chaos GSI rom and everything seems to work except for the wifi, if i try to turn it on it just never does and switched back off automatically, so... i managed to get an unusable tablet in 10 hours from unboxing it.

Phoenix2000

Aug 9, 2006
Brussels
7 pages thread, i already see ROM discussions. Maybe it's time the Y700 gets its own forum, no?
Anyone knows how to request that from XDA Dev? :)
Maybe it will raise visibility and interest, and more tips, tricks and tweaks will show up for our little one :)

Lucas VT

Nov 17, 2015
OnePlus One
Moto 360
Well, after thinkering around for a while with the boot images on the stock rooms i decided to go for a GSI rom.

I flashed the lastest chaos GSI rom and everything seems to work except for the wifi, if i try to turn it on it just never does and switched back off automatically, so... i managed to get an unusable tablet in 10 hours from unboxing it.
After some more hours of trying things i came to the conclusion thatt he boot images from the roms on the internet are not compatible with my especific y700, and since i did not back up the ones on my device before patching, unless Lenovo releases another rom that contains a kernel compatible with my tablet im screwed.

• Wow
Reactions: swieder711

Lucas VT

Nov 17, 2015
OnePlus One
Moto 360
To restore stock, download the linked qpst file and use this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/install-stock-rom-xiaoxin-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347951/
Thank you!!

It worked and i have the stock rom back and the wifi is working with it.

If anyone has issues with the flashing tool, try to put the device on EDL mode at the very last second before flashing and be mindful that the aplication might expect to be run from a especific path and wont work otherwise.

Reactions: swieder711

Lucas VT

Nov 17, 2015
OnePlus One
Moto 360
There is an OTA update that might be the culprit of my headaches as i installed it without thinking before using the boot.img from the published stock rom, that is a version older.

There is the OTA file

MD5: 5fd5e402bcede24705e39b123482f44e

Attachments

• TB-9707F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00235.1_R_ZUI_13.0.586_ST_220222_to_TB-9707F_CN_OPEN_USER_Q00235.1_R_ZU...zip
    94.7 MB · Views: 22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    I found an article regarding y700 with gsi
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide
    I have flashed a lot of GSI on this tablet so far.
    Here is a summary of the bugs and other issues that I have noticed in them.
    ※All of them are Android 12L except for the ones without special notes.

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock.
    ②Ancient OS(Android 12.0)...Lock screen does not turn to landscape. Also, when I change the username or photo at the top of the settings, the settings app crashes. Also note that the settings app crashes if you change the username or photo above the settings.
    ③Proton AOSP...When I restarted to set up Magisk, the settings app repeatedly stops. Deleting app data and cache had no effect.
    ④Havoc OS(Android 11)...The startup logo does not appear in the first place and comes back to the bootloader.
    ⑤Superior OS...It started, but the FPS dropped extremely. I judged that it is difficult to use regularly.
    ⑥Pixel Experience…The screen is still not landscape. Also, it seems that it is not optimized for tablets any more than Descendant, and when I call the dock while launching an app(the feature of 12L), the icon looks like it has been split in half.
    ⑦All of NipponGSI...Like Havoc OS, it comes back to the bootloader. It may be a bad compatibility.
    ⑧Lineage OS…There was a switch "Rotate lock screen" in the settings. But I don't use it, because the "su" binary is still in the root file and can't delete it ,so interferes with SafetyNet.
    ⑨Arrow OS...This also allows the lock screen to be turned landscape and is also very light. Although the lack of face unlock is a demerit (LSPosed module didn't work→https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/11-universalauth-face-unlock-for-all-roms.4419343/).But there are few complaints for me. So I'm using it regularly.

I'm sorry if it's hard to read because I'm not good at English. Thank you.
    So basically the only problem with Lineage OS GSI is the presense of the "su" binary? I'm just confirming, because for me SafetyNet is not something I need, and if it's breakage is the only drawback, then LineageOS seems like a best option out of all.
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide
    The autobritness settings in the overlay are a bit to low. I try to mod it and post the apk here if i get it right
    i went ask some details about how to get a dedicated forum, and it's not as easy as i thought it would be.
    Quoting an admin: "It is selected by popular demand and by the level of development that exists for a device. If, for example, a large amount of development threads for a device are created in a remotely related device forum or the general section, chances are very high a dedicated device forum will be created and the existing threads will be moved there.".
    So before we can get a dedicated forum, it looks like some devs will have to show interest into the Y700. Not sure how we can proceed with that and get visibility. I thought it would go the other way around -> an existing dedicated forum would attract devs. :confused:
    Been awhile searching for the latest firmware file but to no avail.
    Anyone have a full rom file for 13.1.541 ST?
    Only seeing the old firmware version 13.0.586
    Hi all.
    I just got this tablet yesterday.
    Language available on tablet are chinese and english maybe (morelocale2 could be useful)
    Google play services can be download directly from ZUI app store inside the tablet.
    Widevine L1.
    not sure about root or unlock bootloader (didn't use android device for a long time)
    I have flashed a lot of GSI on this tablet so far.
    Here is a summary of the bugs and other issues that I have noticed in them.
    ※All of them are Android 12L except for the ones without special notes.

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS, Cherish OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock. The latest Corvus also added this.
    ②Ancient OS(Android 12.0)...Lock screen does not turn to landscape. Also, when I change the username or photo at the top of the settings, the settings app crashes. Also note that the settings app crashes if you change the username or photo above the settings.
    ③Proton AOSP...When I restarted to set up Magisk, the settings app repeatedly stops. Deleting app data and cache had no effect.
    ④Havoc OS(Android 11)...The startup logo does not appear in the first place and comes back to the bootloader.
    ⑤Superior OS...It started, but the FPS dropped extremely. I judged that it is difficult to use regularly.
    ⑥Pixel Experience…The screen is still not landscape. Also, it seems that it is not optimized for tablets any more than Descendant, and when I call the dock while launching an app(the feature of 12L), the icon looks like it has been split in half.
    ⑦All of NipponGSI...Like Havoc OS, it comes back to the bootloader. It may be a bad compatibility.
    ⑧Lineage OS…There was a switch "Rotate lock screen" in the settings. But I don't use it, because the "su" binary is still in the root file and can't delete it ,so interferes with SafetyNet.
    ⑨Arrow OS...This also allows the lock screen to be turned landscape and is also very light. Although the lack of face unlock is a demerit (LSPosed module didn't work→https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/11-universalauth-face-unlock-for-all-roms.4419343/).But there are few complaints for me. So I'm using it regularly.

I'm sorry if it's hard to read because I'm not good at English. Thank you.
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide
    Yeah. This tablet have zero competition in Android space and the sellers seems took advantage of that
    Imagine how many of these will Lenovo sell if they bring it to ROW. Now the fat margins are all eaten by resellers.
    Can you test the setup on an 1080p TV with an HDMI port?
    Works for me. both normal and pc mode.

Any Chinese junk apps installed as default?
    Yes. But can be uninstall or disable.