Question Legion Y700?

Search This thread
Oct 2, 2020
Yes. However, don't expect SafetyNet to pass.
In 12.0, I was able to pass this just by installing the latest Universal SafetyNet Fix module. But in 12L, I was blocked even using the MagiskHide Props Config.
I'm fortunate that it doesn't affect my regular apps such as Kindle.
Hello, Which version of Magisk did you use ? Thanks

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
Just got mine, what a pain to find how to change Chinese to English!
I'll stick around till moderators find good to open a Y700 subforum

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
Has anyone been able to set Nova Launcher in landscape mode?

The dock sets vertically on the right side of the screen instead of the horizontally on the bottom of the screen

I've seen other tablets solving this in in Settings -> Display -> screen zoom and font -> screen zoom
But can't find it in our Y700

Thank you

orangpelupa

May 29, 2012
btw any in-depth comparison between this and an iPad mini 6? like.. how dark the screen can be (in nits), the throttling behavior, game resolutions, etc.

in my country they have almost the same price (y700 is a bit cheaper)

Oct 2, 2020
Finally unlocked my y700 and installed crDroid 8.6 ROM. So far everything seems to work including Google apps, backup, homescreen and lockscreen rotation. Even face unlock. Oh yes, and notifications do work . Only feature that doesn't work is auto brightness. You also lose Lenovo game mode and use of side button. Google identifies as pixel 6 pro. Thanks to author of Japanese article and gunalarix8 for posting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-143042_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220704-143042_Settings.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20220704-143020_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220704-143020_Settings.png
    179 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20220704-142849_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220704-142849_crDroid Home.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20220704-144344_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20220704-144344_crDroid Home.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
Finally unlocked my y700 and installed crDroid 8.6 ROM. So far everything seems to work including Google apps, backup, homescreen and lockscreen rotation. Even face unlock. Oh yes, and notifications do work . Only feature that doesn't work is auto brightness. You also lose Lenovo game mode and use of side button. Google identifies as pixel 6 pro. Thanks to author of Japanese article and gunalarix8 for posting.
That's very good news!

Shemuro

Jul 4, 2022

link please

swieder711

Did you root the device with Magisk?

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
Do anyone know hoy to increase DPI without root?
I fell that everything is too big for the screen, and I would like to "zoom out" the entire SO

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
No idea, but if there was something like a bad grounding, it would be in the tablet i would assume, as i have zero issues with my work laptop (a Dell one) and my personal Surface Pro 7 using the same display connected with USB C.

Btw, using adb, it seems the tablet is responding to commands, but it's not authorized, so no way to run an adb reboot command of anything like that. If anyone has an idea on how to bypass that, i'm taking it. Unfortunately Google didn't help me much as all of what i found was instructing to authorize adb debug from within the tablet first, but since mine doesn't boot anymore, i'm stuck.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Now I'm scared to even try. I gave my mom a Xiaomi Mi A2 4 years ago and it received a botched update that bootlooped it. I saw on XDA at the time that it's recommended to always put all your devices in debugging enabled and bootloader unlocking as soon as you buy them. I've already done it with my Y700 I just received yesterday. I know it's not helpful now, but just for future notice. Luckily I was able to revive that Mi A2 by opening the device and shorting the test points. I'm guessing you've already power cycled your Y700 and the display is completely dead? Seems like a bit of a weird thing to be caused by a USB to HDMI connection. I have a couple USB-C hubs I've used with my iPad Mini and some laptops and never had an issue, but I'll be on notice for my Y700. I was curious if the PC Mode would scale much better over HDMI because I think the UI is too huge.

Reactions: Phoenix2000

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Do anyone know hoy to increase DPI without root?
I fell that everything is too big for the screen, and I would like to "zoom out" the entire SO
I do this on all my devices. Enable Developer Options > enable USB debugging > connect to your PC > authorize debugging on the Y700 > via ADB on your PC enter: "adb shell wm density 300" without quotes. The default is 400, I tried 320 (my go to for 1080p phones) and 300. I settled on 300. Just got mine yesterday. I love it! Way better than my iPad Mini 6.

Reactions: elm0nch

Phoenix2000

Aug 9, 2006
Brussels
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Now I'm scared to even try. I gave my mom a Xiaomi Mi A2 4 years ago and it received a botched update that bootlooped it. I saw on XDA at the time that it's recommended to always put all your devices in debugging enabled and bootloader unlocking as soon as you buy them. I've already done it with my Y700 I just received yesterday. I know it's not helpful now, but just for future notice. Luckily I was able to revive that Mi A2 by opening the device and shorting the test points. I'm guessing you've already power cycled your Y700 and the display is completely dead? Seems like a bit of a weird thing to be caused by a USB to HDMI connection. I have a couple USB-C hubs I've used with my iPad Mini and some laptops and never had an issue, but I'll be on notice for my Y700. I was curious if the PC Mode would scale much better over HDMI because I think the UI is too huge.

Thanks for your message.
Actually the tablet came back to live after i plugged it in for several days into another USB-C display that i have, and which is taking power exclusively from the connected device. My idea was to try to completely deplete the battery so it kind of "reboots" by itself because of low battery. And it worked!!!
Tablet is back to life, but now i'm kinda afraid to plug it back into my main USB-C display (the one that "killed" it). Not sure if that was a one time event, or if it's going to do the same. Maybe PD power was too high? I don't know.

• Love

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Thanks for your message.
Actually the tablet came back to live after i plugged it in for several days into another USB-C display that i have, and which is taking power exclusively from the connected device. My idea was to try to completely deplete the battery so it kind of "reboots" by itself because of low battery. And it worked!!!
Tablet is back to life, but now i'm kinda afraid to plug it back into my main USB-C display (the one that "killed" it). Not sure if that was a one time event, or if it's going to do the same. Maybe PD power was too high? I don't know.
Phew! That is good news. I don't think the Y700 supports USB-PD. It's odd, but my PD chargers kept stopping and starting thr charge. It was driving my girlfriend insane. It did charge, but it didn't seem stable at all.

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks for your message.
Got it!

thanks a lot for the instructions, it really makes a difference!

BTW I've just noticed it does not apply to PC Mode, still same DPI

Last edited:

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
Other issue I'm having trouble with is the accessibility authorization for apps, like Automate, Control Rotation, etc... It gets revoked automatically from time to time, and every reboot.
Any idea how to force this to never get revoked?

Thanks

Last edited:

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
Other issue I'm having trouble with is the accessibility authorization for apps. like Automate, Control Rotation, etc... It gets revoked automatically from time to time, and every reboot.
Any idea how to force this to never get revoked?

Thanks
Unfortunately, I don't have any expereince with that.

davidgro

Jul 9, 2011
Seattle
... accessibility authorization for apps ... gets revoked automatically from time to time, and every reboot. ...

This should be illegal. I know it's a Chinese device running a Chinese ROM so nothing like the ADA would apply, but seriously, imagine actually having a disability and buying one of these, having someone help you set it up, and after they leave it just stops working.

It's bad enough just having rotation apps breaking. Stuff like that is half the reason I want to replace my Huawei tablet and will never buy that brand again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice, I'm in Netherlands. Did you buy on Giztop? I'm a little worried that VAT may hit pretty hard.
    I bought one from Giztop to Croatia (EU). Got it without any additional import taxes or fees. 550$ for 12GB/256GB model and 30$ for shipping. Arrived in two weeks time, so far everything works.
    Hello, any TWRP port for y700?
    Thank you
    Concerning notifications, the system security app has an autostart manager, where the user can whitelist apps. I used to have login problems with accounts not being recognized for installed games, but after whitelisting the play store, everything is fine...also receiving update notifications. I'm not using social media apps so I can't comment on those.
    I just got one from aliexpress
    It is Chinese ROM with selectable english menu
    I can get play store from its main app store but theres no netflix to downlaod, previous apps that were purchased license not transfer and can't buy .. when trying to buy said already bought..
    trying to unlock and use cutom ROM but
    Website ZUI for unlock tablet not working ..
    where can i get SN.img?? is it fix for each tablet or can share?
    I also got this tablet about a week ago but I installed play store from apkmirror and it all went fine
    Wow.. so how about notifications.. do you receive WhatsApp, Facebook, twitter or email notifications?
    I didnt setup email on the device yet but facebook messenger msg notification very loud noise and msg shown on lock screen and main android drop down menu.
    You might need download app name "google" in chinese application store/update to latest version
    Hi all.
    I just got this tablet yesterday.
    Language available on tablet are chinese and english maybe (morelocale2 could be useful)
    Google play services can be download directly from ZUI app store inside the tablet.
    Widevine L1.
    not sure about root or unlock bootloader (didn't use android device for a long time)
    I have flashed a lot of GSI on this tablet so far.
    Here is a summary of the bugs and other issues that I have noticed in them.
    ※All of them are Android 12L except for the ones without special notes.

①Corvus OS, Descendant OS, Cherish OS...Lock screen does not rotate. Probably because it is based on Google Pixel ROM. Corvus also does not have face unlock. The latest Corvus also added this.
    ②Ancient OS(Android 12.0)...Lock screen does not turn to landscape. Also, when I change the username or photo at the top of the settings, the settings app crashes. Also note that the settings app crashes if you change the username or photo above the settings.
    ③Proton AOSP...When I restarted to set up Magisk, the settings app repeatedly stops. Deleting app data and cache had no effect.
    ④Havoc OS(Android 11)...The startup logo does not appear in the first place and comes back to the bootloader.
    ⑤Superior OS...It started, but the FPS dropped extremely. I judged that it is difficult to use regularly.
    ⑥Pixel Experience…The screen is still not landscape. Also, it seems that it is not optimized for tablets any more than Descendant, and when I call the dock while launching an app(the feature of 12L), the icon looks like it has been split in half.
    ⑦All of NipponGSI...Like Havoc OS, it comes back to the bootloader. It may be a bad compatibility.
    ⑧Lineage OS…There was a switch "Rotate lock screen" in the settings. But I don't use it, because the "su" binary is still in the root file and can't delete it ,so interferes with SafetyNet.
    ⑨Arrow OS...This also allows the lock screen to be turned landscape and is also very light. Although the lack of face unlock is a demerit (LSPosed module didn't work→https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/11-universalauth-face-unlock-for-all-roms.4419343/).But there are few complaints for me. So I'm using it regularly.

I'm sorry if it's hard to read because I'm not good at English. Thank you.
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    I found an article regarding y700 with gsi
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide
    Can you test the setup on an 1080p TV with an HDMI port?
    Works for me. both normal and pc mode.

Any Chinese junk apps installed as default?
    Yes. But can be uninstall or disable.