Question Legion Y700?

Search This thread

Joncka

Oct 15, 2010
S2eden
Have tired many times on that qilf or whatever it's called software and it always ends with a fail have been trying to go to og software for days.
Start by turning off your tablet, and remove USB cable if connected.
Or are you in a boot loop?

Do you have the stock ROM downloaded?
Download QTPS if you haven't already.
Move your extracted ROM files into the "bin" folder where QTPS was installed.
Run QFIL from that folder, it installs with QTPS. Version 2.0.3.5 of QFIL worked for me yesterday.

Also make sure you try different USB cables, here it can actually make a difference, also try USB 2.0 port.

Have you configured QFIL to use "ufs" device type?
All you should need to change in QFIL config is device type and that it should reset after download.

Select "flat build", load firehose_ddr.elf as programmer.

Press Load XML in Qfil.
Select ALL of the rawprogram files. Hit OK.
Next, select ALL of the patch files.

Now connect your tablet.
Press VolUp + Power button at the same time until you hear the PC recognizing the tablet as a Qualcomm device.
You should now be in EDL mode, tablet screen should be off.

In QFIL, select the correct port, Qualcomm 9008, if not already recognized.
Then press Download.

It is important you've set up QFIL before you are ready to flash the tablet, since it only stays in flashable EDL-mode for a short while.

Reactions: FIERA03

LisaMaria

Oct 20, 2022
Start by turning off your tablet, and remove USB cable if connected.
Or are you in a boot loop?

Do you have the stock ROM downloaded?
Download QTPS if you haven't already.
Move your extracted ROM files into the "bin" folder where QTPS was installed.
Run QFIL from that folder, it installs with QTPS. Version 2.0.3.5 of QFIL worked for me yesterday.

Also make sure you try different USB cables, here it can actually make a difference, also try USB 2.0 port.

Have you configured QFIL to use "ufs" device type?
All you should need to change in QFIL config is device type and that it should reset after download.

Select "flat build", load firehose_ddr.elf as programmer.

Press Load XML in Qfil.
Select ALL of the rawprogram files. Hit OK.
Next, select ALL of the patch files.

Now connect your tablet.
Press VolUp + Power button at the same time until you hear the PC recognizing the tablet as a Qualcomm device.
You should now be in EDL mode, tablet screen should be off.

In QFIL, select the correct port, Qualcomm 9008, if not already recognized.
Then press Download.

It is important you've set up QFIL before you are ready to flash the tablet, since it only stays in flashable EDL-mode for a short while.
You my freind are an angel for typing all this out for me and i got it!!! thanks so much hope this helps others as well. i was not moving the extracted rom into the folder correctly and also only elecing the pactch 0 cause i didnt know which one to pick. doiiii. theres always a learning curve with new devices to get these things rooted but once it is its flawless. so i got it booted now up and running so now i can reflash crdroid/ this tabby is now too good to be true! for those annoyed with the lack of sim (always gotta be something) i recomed just using pdanet from your phone so your carier doesnt limit you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joncka

Joncka

Oct 15, 2010
S2eden
Bricked Lenovo Y700? Follow this guide.

Windows guide, might work for other aswell.

I finally solved my problem with my Lenovo Y700 tablet being stuck in bootloop mode due to trying to flash Magisk boot with a mismatched firmware version. This resulted in the UI constantly crashing, and I could not connect to Wi-Fi, and other problems...
I tried flashing back to stock with QFIL, which put the device in a bootloop. I will explain why later on.

I also lost recovery mode due to trying to solve the problem, and now I was stuck with either showing the bootloader screen, or restarting the tablet, which brought me back to the bootloader.

So the tablet was now genuinely useless. This is what I did to bring back the stock ROM and later flash to crDroid 8.10.
Flashing boot.img, system.img or recovery.img was no luck.

First off, there is no need to have unlocked "USB debugging" before your tablet bricked.
Second, you don't need to have your "sn.img" file from Lenovo, you can unlock the bootloader using fastboot commands.
Fastboot commands works on the bootloader screen, without having ADB connection.

Start by downloading these four files:
Platform tools r33.0.2
QPST_2.7.496
Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0
Lenovo Y700 tablet stock ROM

We'll start by unlocking your bootloader. You can do this from the bootloader screen. If you for some reason can enter recovery mode, enter fastboot.

1. Connect your tablet to your PC.

2. Open a terminal windows in the ADB folder. On Windows 11 this can be done by right-clicking inside the ADB folder and select "Open in terminal". If you don't have that option, try Shift + Right-click. If that doesn't work, you can always start the terminal by pressing Win + R, and type in "cmd" without citations. Now you have to navigate to your ADB folder by typing
Code:
cd (here you'll type in the location of your ADB folder)
Without the brackets.

3. When located, type in
Code:
fastboot devices
You should see your tablet in the list.
If not, try using another cable or USB port on your PC.

4. Now type in
Code:
fastboot oem unlock-go
Restart your tablet, and it should now say "unlocked" under "DEVICE STATE" in the bootloader.

5. Now you can start by installing the programs on your PC, QTPS, Qualcomm driver and platform tools.

6. Extract ALL files from your stock ROM to the "bin" folder in QTPS location (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST).
This will help with Sahara errors in QFIL.

7. Open QFIL from your QTPS bin folder, it installs with QTPS. Don't worry if it shows "No Port Available", we'll get to that. Your configuration should look like this:

QFILconfpng.png

Your main window should look like this:

qfil.png

Don't worry about the "status" window.

Hit "browse" in the "Programmer Path" window, and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Select "prog_firehose_ddr.elf"
Hit "Load XML", and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Now, select ALL of the "rawprogram" files (my first mistake, I only selected the "rawprogram_unsparse0.xml" file on first flash)

In the next window, select ALL of the "patch" files (my second mistake, I only selected the "patch0.xml file" on first flash).
Without doing this, you will only flash a portion of the ROM, and not all of the partitions needed.

8. Now it's time to reboot you tablet into EDL mode to be able to flash. Start your tablet by pressing VolUp + Power button.
If you can't turn off your tablet when connected to PC, just select "Power off", and just hold the VolUp button as soon as the device vibrates and reboots, keep holding until the screen flickers and turns off.

9. Now QFIL should detect the Qualcomm 9008 port. If not, hit "Select Port" and select the Qualcomm 9008 port.

10. Hit the now available "Download" button, and the flashing should begin. Allow it to run its course, and it should reboot the tablet when done. Might take a while.

If flashing won't start properly, you might have waited too long between entering EDL mode and hitting the "Download" button.
If so, disconnect your device, which might now be "dead".

Don't worry, you can fix this be holding VolUp + VolDown + Power button for a long time, say about a minute to be sure. Release the Volume keys some second before releasing the Power button.
Hit the power button again, and the tablet should boot to bootloader screen again.
Repeat the steps to enter EDL mode, and now hit the "Download" button in QFIL when it becomes available, don't wait too long.

You're done!

I recommend opening "Settings", enable "Developer" option, by pressing the "Build number" on the "About tablet" screen repeatedly until a pop-up appears saying "You are now a developer".
Open "Developer options" and hit "Enable USB debugging", it will allow you to run ADB commands from your platform tools folder.
If you want, you can again open the terminal in the platform tools folder and type
Code:
adb devices
It should now show your device in the list.

Now you can uncheck the "OEM unlocking" in the "Developer options" which should let you get OTA updates when available.

There are plenty of guides on how to flash different GSI's like crDroid, so I won't cover that here.

Enjoy your tablet!

Last edited:

LisaMaria

Oct 20, 2022

I finally solved my problem with my Lenovo Y700 tablet being stuck in bootloop mode due to trying to flash Magisk boot with a mismatched firmware version. This resulted in the UI constantly crashing, and I could not connect to Wi-Fi, and other problems...
I tried flashing back to stock with QFIL, which put the device in a bootloop. I will explain why later on.

I also lost recovery mode due to trying to solve the problem, and now I was stuck with either showing the bootloader screen, or restarting the tablet, which brought me back to the bootloader.

So the tablet was now genuinely useless. This is what I did to bring back the stock ROM and later flash to crDroid 8.10.

First off, there is no need to have unlocked "USB debugging" before your tablet bricked.
Second, you don't need to have your "sn.img" file from Lenovo, you can unlock the bootloader using fastboot commands.
Fastboot commands works on the bootloader screen, without having ADB connection.

Platform tools r33.0.2
QPST_2.7.496
Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0

We'll start by unlocking your bootloader. You can do this from the bootloader screen. If you for some reason can enter recovery mode, enter fastboot.

2. Open a terminal windows in the ADB folder. On Windows 11 this can be done by right-clicking inside the ADB folder and select "Open in terminal". If you don't have that option, try Shift + Right-click. If that doesn't work, you can always start the terminal by pressing Win + R, and type in "cmd" without citations. Now you have to navigate to your ADB folder by typing
Code:
Without the brackets.

3. When located, type in
Code:
fastboot devices

4. Now type in
Code:
fastboot oem unlock-go
Restart your tablet, and it should now say "unlocked" under "DEVICE STATE" in the bootloader.

5. Now you can start by installing the programs on your PC, QTPS, Qualcomm driver and platform tools.

6. Extract ALL files from your stock ROM to the "bin" folder in QTPS location (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST).

7. Open QFIL from your QTPS bin folder, it installs with QTPS. Don't worry if it shows "No Port Available", we'll get to that. Your configuration should look like this:

View attachment 5741637

View attachment 5741639

Hit "browse" in the "Programmer Path" window, and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Select "prog_firehose_ddr.elf"
Hit "Load XML", and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Now, select ALL of the "rawprogram" files (my first mistake, I only selected the "rawprogram_unsparse0.xml" file on first flash)

In the next window, select ALL of the "patch" files (my second mistake, I only selected the "patch0.xml file" on first flash).
Without doing this, you will only flash a portion of the ROM, and not all of the partitions needed.

8. Now it's time to reboot you tablet into EDL mode to be able to flash. Start your tablet by pressing VolUp + Power button.
If you can't turn off your tablet when connected to PC, just select "Power off", and just hold the VolUp button as soon as the device vibrates and reboots, keep holding until the screen flickers and turns off.

9. Now QFIL should detect the Qualcomm 9008 port. If not, hit "Select Port" and select the Qualcomm 9008 port.

10. Hit the now available "Download" button, and the flashing should begin. Allow it to run its course, and it should reboot the tablet when done. Might take a while.

If flashing won't start properly, you might have waited too long between entering EDL mode and hitting the "Download" button.

Don't worry, you can fix this be holding VolUp + VolDown + Power button for a long time, say about a minute to be sure. Release the Volume keys some second before releasing the Power button.
Hit the power button again, and the tablet should boot to bootloader screen again.
Repeat the steps to enter EDL mode, and now hit the "Download" button in QFIL when it becomes available, don't wait too long.

You're done!

I recommend opening "Settings", enable "Developer" option, by pressing the "Build number" on the "About tablet" screen repeatedly until a pop-up appears saying "You are now a developer".
Open "Developer options" and hit "Enable USB debugging", it will allow you to run ADB commands from your platform tools folder.
If you want, you can again open the terminal in the platform tools folder and type
Code:
adb devices

Now you can uncheck the "OEM unlocking" in the "Developer options" which should let you get OTA updates when available.

There are plenty of guides on how to flash different GSI's like crDroid, so I won't cover that here.

Enjoy your tablet!
im just so happy my tab has wifi bluetooth rooted on custom software again!! Wish crdroid rom are you using? the one i have is androild 11 . do they have 12 and would that work the same or am i gonna break the thing again lol

Joncka

Oct 15, 2010
S2eden
im just so happy my tab has wifi bluetooth rooted on custom software again!! Wish crdroid rom are you using? the one i have is androild 11 . do they have 12 and would that work the same or am i gonna break the thing again lol
Glad to hear it =) .

And yes, I'm currently running the latest 8.10 crDroid version, which is based on Android 12.
Only thing I've noticed so far in that I can't connect Wallpaper Engine to my PC via Wi-Fi for some reason, might be a bug with the desktop version also.

I'm having no trouble at all with controlling my PC via Spotify, though, and full Wi-Fi support, so I'm happy.

EDIT: I'm not rooted by the way, so I'm afraid I can't answer that, but I feel like that depends more on your firmware (ZUI) version rather than GSI.

Last edited:

STHellRaiser

Jul 18, 2013
There really wasn't any global firmware ROM. Some sellers on aliexpress were claiming that there was and they could add any language, though with the language change there would always be a 5% English contingent of dialogue on the Y700. This was the experience that I had with my CN Y700 as it was changed to English and there was still 5% of Chinese left on it.

That coupled with that I read somewhere that Lenovo was releasing this as the Lenovo Tab P8 to the rest of the world in the near future, I thought there was some legitimacy to it. But it's all BS.
So i got the y700 with the "Global Rom" from ali express. £420.
Absolutely impressed with the tab and its perfect size.

But the "Global Rom" version......... isn't the as good from first looks, it doesn't contain legion assistant features, actually comes up saying this feature isn't installed when in legion wiki...
And also the slide button doesn't work (can't remember what was ment to do, I think its to do with legion features tho, prob why doesn't do anything)

So as for which rom they have flashed I've no idea, shows on Google as lenovo tab p8....

So now had this tablet 48h and contemplating whether worth putting stock rom back on for legion features, as i plan to use it for gaming.... Kinda bummer not having them...is it worth it? Or is it to much hassle? Bootloader came unloaded already since been flashed which obv save bit hassle arghhhh......

Aug 30, 2022
So i got the y700 with the "Global Rom" from ali express. £420.
Absolutely impressed with the tab and its perfect size.

But the "Global Rom" version......... isn't the as good from first looks, it doesn't contain legion assistant features, actually comes up saying this feature isn't installed when in legion wiki...
And also the slide button doesn't work (can't remember what was ment to do, I think its to do with legion features tho, prob why doesn't do anything)

So as for which rom they have flashed I've no idea, shows on Google as lenovo tab p8....

So now had this tablet 48h and contemplating whether worth putting stock rom back on for legion features, as i plan to use it for gaming.... Kinda bummer not having them...is it worth it? Or is it to much hassle? Bootloader came unloaded already since been flashed which obv save bit hassle arghhhh......

Not sure which Legion features are missing that you mean. Like the gaming Beast mode menu top-down slider? That only appears in games, and sometimes it doesn’t for little or old games.

As for the custom switch, it has these values in the settings for mine. The auto-rotate is a nice feature, though kind of a waste for a hardware switch.

I don’t think there really is a “global rom” just a rom that has been customised and then flashed onto a new device.

Attachments

• 540504E2-B7AF-4225-889E-67CAD1B1B633.jpeg
    540504E2-B7AF-4225-889E-67CAD1B1B633.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 179

STHellRaiser

Jul 18, 2013
Not sure which Legion features are missing that you mean. Like the gaming Beast mode menu top-down slider? That only appears in games, and sometimes it doesn’t for little or old games.

As for the custom switch, it has these values in the settings for mine. The auto-rotate is a nice feature, though kind of a waste for a hardware switch.

I don’t think there really is a “global rom” just a rom that has been customised and then flashed onto a new device.
Yes the top down slider for beast mode & the gaming assistant that shows all games installed, none of these features are on the "Global Rom" version from ali express.... It deos seem like any actual legion feature are not available..... Stock rom from ali express seems like better option

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-26-07-24-36-2064097220.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-26-07-24-36-2064097220.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 113
Aug 30, 2022
Yes the top down slider for beast mode & the gaming assistant that shows all games installed, none of these features are on the "Global Rom" version from ali express.... It deos seem like any actual legion feature are not available..... Stock rom from ali express seems like better option
Yeah that part is in Chinese for me.
Check the slider option to see if it’s assigned the game info.
Try a game like rocket league side swipe to kick off the menu.

You might be able to download these apps from the legion store.
Otherwise you can flash the global rom and change the language and note the bits that won’t change language.

Reactions: nbk1978

STHellRaiser

Jul 18, 2013
Yeah that part is in Chinese for me.
Check the slider option to see if it’s assigned the game info.
Try a game like rocket league side swipe to kick off the menu.

You might be able to download these apps from the legion store.
Otherwise you can flash the global rom and change the language and note the bits that won’t change language.
Slider does nothing unfortunately
Ive tried few different games no legion realm or assistant installed seems.
Legion store?? Tried to google them seems there not basic apks that are just available.

So far i dont recommended the "Gobal Rom" if plan to use this for gaming...
Having features in Chinese is better than not having them....

Reactions: nbk1978

sidewinder_x5

Jul 24, 2012
CHS
BlackBerry KEYone
Honor 7X
hey all, looking to get a y700 for media use (reading ebooks and plex streaming mainly) and had a few questions.

1. best place to buy from in the US? looking at both giztop and aliexpress
2. i plan on updating to latest zui version and then unlock bl/root as per instructions and installing a GSI rom. are there any that play well with the smart cover case thing?
3. any GSI rom recs? really looking for stability and a good battery life.

thanks in advance!

Reactions: swieder711

LisaMaria

Oct 20, 2022
Anyone get their hands on the ultimate edition. that blue and white back is so pretty! Ill never get it tho cause i have this and would be impossible to exchange it i bet

STHellRaiser

Jul 18, 2013
So ive noticed that i everyday i keep losing my live wallpaper background..... anyone else having this issue?
Thinking this possible something to do with the "global rom" version from AliExpress.

Still contemplating installing another either stock rom or crdroid rom,
what advantage does crdroid have over stock rom apart from being android 12 based?

Also wondering what ST at end of firmware is...seen a few people mention 13.0.586 but never ST at the end...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-59-43-1617618582.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-59-43-1617618582.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

LisaMaria

Oct 20, 2022
So ive noticed that i everyday i keep losing my live wallpaper background..... anyone else having this issue?
Thinking this possible something to do with the "global rom" version from AliExpress.

what advantage does crdroid have over stock rom apart from being android 12 based?

Also wondering what ST at end of firmware is...seen a few people mention 13.0.586 but never ST at the end...
just do it. crdroid is so smooth and the random chineese is annoying. it runs like butter on crdroid and i tried a bunch of them. its fun to expiriment but you can always go back to the beginning with the guide above

Reactions: swieder711

seeayesix

Aug 28, 2013
Sony Xperia 5 III

I've got an 8/128 model bought from Giztop and its running ZUI 13.1.578 ST. It was delivered with google services installed, if that helps.

Reactions: ijuanp03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found an update 15.0.418 for Y700 (2022) today. Update log:
    1. Optimize the caller ID in wechat video
    2. Optimize the audio effects in the game
    3. Update the security patch
    4. Optimize system stability

OTA zip (15.0.361-15.0.418) and stock boot.img are uploaded to MEGA:

Steps to keep the current Magisk installation after an OTA:
    1. Enable ADB debugging
    2. (Optional) Enable logcat and search for ".zip" after starting to download an update. This reveals the OTA URL (example: https://ota-cdn.lenovo.com/firmware/2024219134334518-6709.zip). The OTA zip file can be used for a local install from stock recovery.
    3. Pause the OTA before the download completes
    4. If there's already a Magisk backup of current boot.img, go to Magisk app -> Uninstall Magisk -> Restore Images
    5. If there's no backup, the Restore Images command would fail. For the OTA installation to succeed, you need to manually flash the stock boot.img of your current OS version to the correct boot_a/boot_b partition.
      1. To get the current partition suffix, run from adb shell (su):
        Code:
        /bin/getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix
      2. To flash a boot file in internal storage, run from adb shell (su):
        Code:
        dd if=/sdcard/<path-to-boot.img> of=/dev/block/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc/by-name/boot_a (or boot_b)
      3. Swap "if" and "of" to backup the current (Magisk-patched) boot.img if needed.
    6. Install the OTA and wait for it to finish, DO NOT REBOOT NOW
    7. Go to Magisk -> Install -> Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA). This will save a backup for the new boot.img after OTA to /data/magisk_backup_*.
    8. Reboot and Magisk will remain active!
    Bricked Lenovo Y700? Follow this guide.

Platform tools r33.0.2
    QPST_2.7.496
    Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0

Code:
    Without the brackets.

3. When located, type in
    Code:
    fastboot devices

4. Now type in
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock-go

QFILconfpng.png

qfil.png

You're done!

Code:
    adb devices

Enjoy your tablet!
    New ota soon. I hope this fix all the issue
    00677QGply1hcugimqocmj315o1jk7vi.jpg
    Hi all.
    I just got this tablet yesterday.
    Language available on tablet are chinese and english maybe (morelocale2 could be useful)
    Google play services can be download directly from ZUI app store inside the tablet.
    Widevine L1.
    not sure about root or unlock bootloader (didn't use android device for a long time)
    Okay. I have managed to do everything from combined insights. So, let me save you guys the trouble I had by writing my proces down (and for myself for the future).
    I came from the 'global rom'. And wanted to end with 13.1.578 ROOTED

1. Download this file. It contains the stock firmware on 13.0.586. Unzip it, and find the recovery.img as we need it later.
    2. Upgrade all the way you like through OTA.
    3. Flash TWRP from here. Know that it is a 'faulty' version with only a line on top of the screen. And this vbmeta file. Place both files in your ADB folder.
    4. Use ADB to extact the boot.img from the version you are on.
    4.1 Boot into the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader).
    4.2 disable AVB (not sure this is necessary, but it worked for me) by sending the following commands:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot erase userdata
    4.3 Instal TWRP by sending this command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (note that you use the name you gave your TWRP file)
    4.4 reboot in recovery mode (fastboot reboot recovery/manually on the tablet)

Now the TWRP recovery should load, with only a line on top, and nothing else.

4.5 In the TWRP recovery enter: adb shell (you should see a # appearing in the line)
    4.6 Send these commands out:
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img
    adb pull /sdcard/boot.img stock_boot.img

what this does, is extracting the boot.img of that specific version you are running, and placing a copy of it into your adb folder.
    4.7 send these commands to get back to the bootloader:
    twrp reboot bootloader

5. Flash back the stock recovery. If you followed the guide, you have the stock recovery from step 1. Give it a fancy name, and place that file in your adb folder and sending this command:
    fastboot flash recovery yourfancyname.img
    fastboot reboot

Now it may give some warnings and errors. It told me to do a factory wipe, wich was okay for me. After that the tablet starts normally. Stock firmware, but still on the same version I wanted.

6. Now the easy part starts. The stock_boot.img you got in step 4.6, should be on your pc. After the inital setup on the tab, place that in your root folder. Download Magisk and install it on your tablet. When it is installed, click on 'install' and 'select and patch a file'. Select the stock_boot.img you moved to the root of your tablet. The patched file will be in your download folder. Transfer that patched file to your adb folder on the computer.

7. Go into adb and boot the tablet into recovery mode (this should be the stock recovery again): adb reboot recovery.

8. In recovery mode, go to fastboot. It'll say fastbootd on top.

9. Enter this command: fastboot flash boot patched-file-of-magisk.img

10. Restart the tablet. Congrats, you now have rooted your desired version.

It might be to much info, but I wish I had these steps. It was late yesterday. Very late...So to save you the troubles, I present you my humble guide. If you have improvements in the steps or instructions, please let me know!!
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    I found an article regarding y700 with gsi
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide