Question Legion Y700?

Search This thread

MMoodyB

Jul 22, 2011
Motherwell
Looks like Lenovo are releasing the Y900 in the USA / Europe this summer.
Turns out it's a rebranded Tab Extreme :

Good thing it's gigantic at 14.5 inches, so I don't have buyers' remorse having just bought the 8.8 inch Y700.

Makes a global release of the Y700 even less likely though if this has been announced first?

Reactions: fiocco

MMoodyB

Jul 22, 2011
Motherwell
moist_line said he messaged 'Lenovo Official Store', not 'Lenovo Pro Business Store'.

And to confuse things even more, if you search for 'y700 128gb' on AliExpress, along with the above 2 stores there's also 'Lenovo Online Store', 'Lenovo Tech Online Store', 'Lenovo Smart Life Store', etc.. all selling the tablet.

No wonder there's no copyright laws in China...

Reactions: fiocco and xnappo

xnappo

Aug 15, 2003
moist_line said he messaged 'Lenovo Official Store', not 'Lenovo Pro Business Store'.

And to confuse things even more, if you search for 'y700 128gb' on AliExpress, along with the above 2 stores there's also 'Lenovo Online Store', 'Lenovo Tech Online Store', 'Lenovo Smart Life Store', etc.. all selling the tablet.

No wonder there's no copyright laws in China...
Lol, gotcha! So weird Lenovo allows that.

gnrsenpai

Nov 17, 2010
Sorry for the noob question, I've purchased this tablet with the "global" firmware which is not capable to receive updates so I've proceeded to install the Chinese one (Android 11), no issues with that.

But whenever I try to install an update thorugh settings or by putting the update.zip file on the root path, the system says that it's installing but after a reboot I stay on the same old version for some reason.

My bootloader came unlocked when I bought it, I did try to lock it through Fastboot but my device became corrupted, so I had to unlock it and reinstall the firmware.

I saw some comments ago that some of you used VPN to install updates, is that a requisite to do so?, if that's the case which provider or configuration did you use?.

I want to install the latest Android 12 update.

Kajman

Sep 4, 2006
Guys, anyone checked max SD card capacity y700 can take? Now I have 256, but thinking of 1tb...

alex4723717

Jan 23, 2023
Guys just order an original one from GizTop. If you bought an AliExpressi just sell it to someone else and order a new ome from China. The Chinese rom is what works for this tab. Keep ZUI 13. Turn off updates. Congrats, you now
have the best compact tab on the planet. Adios la piedos. Install Eve Echoes. Your social life is now over. :D

xnappo

Aug 15, 2003
ZUI 14 is ok, why to keep old?
There was some Legion Gaming stuff that some people liked better in 13 vs. 14. For me the only thing I hate about 14 is how narrow that notification pulldown is when in landscape. That is pretty damn minor though. Oh, and it had my next alarm on the lock screen :)

MMoodyB

Jul 22, 2011
Motherwell
Does ZUI 14 allow you to add your own app to the Legion Realm, or whatever its called now, so that the app can take advantage of the cpu / gpu tweaks?

AetherSX2 isn't recognized as a 'game' for me in ZUI13 ( I sideloaded an older apk to avoid the ads in later versions ) so I'm stuck with the stock / balanced cpu & gpu clocks.

cornishrefugee

Aug 19, 2011
los angeles
Lenovo Legion Y700
Thanks @Joncka!! But i have tried those yesterday except for the one with "-go". I don't want to try it for now as i don't want to restore again if it breaks something.

fastboot oem lock - does not work and seems an unrecognized command.
fastboot flashing lock - locks the bootloader but makes your device corrupted afterwards. Tried to restore via QFIL but fails. Worked only for me after unlocking the bootloader again.

Maybe they did really change something on the recent models. Or I'm doing it wrong.. 😅
I just hope someone continues to share the OTA links or teach us how to find it.
Did you ever find out how to relock it? I'm currently in the same spot you were. The option to relock the bootloader is greyed out

fiocco

Dec 29, 2007
Ce n'est pas un problème d'appareil mais un problème d'utilisateur. J'utilise zui 14 version 231 depuis des mois et ça marche tous les jours.
jes
Sorry for the noob question, I've purchased this tablet with the "global" firmware which is not capable to receive updates so I've proceeded to install the Chinese one (Android 11), no issues with that.

But whenever I try to install an update thorugh settings or

But whenever I try to install an update thorugh settings or by putting the update.zip file on the root path, the system says that it's installing but after a reboot I stay on the same old version for some reason.

My bootloader came unlocked when I bought it, I did try to lock it through Fastboot but my device became corrupted, so I had to unlock it and reinstall the firmware.

I saw some comments ago that some of you used VPN to install updates, is that a requisite to do so?, if that's the case which provider or configuration did you use?.

I want to install the latest Android 12 update.
Hi, use Lenovo Rescue Service Assistant (RSA)
I do that and it's perfect now.

Jarod71

Dec 1, 2010
I can make a video, but what do you need to see?
It's essentially just a plain Google experience.

Works amazing though!

I've been using crdroid on my Lenovo tablet for months now in a workplace environment (8 hours a day use) and it's been rock solid. Not one single unexpected reboot!

I moved houses in December and haven't even hooked the desktop back up yet as I use this tablet exclusively!
Were you getting reboots on ZUI 14? Just got this tablet and it reboots randomly a lot. Need to see if it is software or hardware issue as I have 12 days to do an RMA with GizTop...

Jarod71

Dec 1, 2010
So I just received my Y700 tablet. China ROM Zui 13.1.578. Love it and the size is just nice :)

Able to d/l playstore from AppCenter and install Google apps like mail, map, sheet, youtube etc.

But unable to install Chrome. When I click "install" button, the circular icon rotates just a while and then its back to "install" button within 2-3 seconds ie. nothing happens. Is there something else I need to install first?
Try downloading chrome beta then in settings make it the default browser, then try downloading chrome again

Reactions: Koronium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found an update 15.0.418 for Y700 (2022) today. Update log:
    1. Optimize the caller ID in wechat video
    2. Optimize the audio effects in the game
    3. Update the security patch
    4. Optimize system stability

OTA zip (15.0.361-15.0.418) and stock boot.img are uploaded to MEGA:

Steps to keep the current Magisk installation after an OTA:
    1. Enable ADB debugging
    2. (Optional) Enable logcat and search for ".zip" after starting to download an update. This reveals the OTA URL (example: https://ota-cdn.lenovo.com/firmware/2024219134334518-6709.zip). The OTA zip file can be used for a local install from stock recovery.
    3. Pause the OTA before the download completes
    4. If there's already a Magisk backup of current boot.img, go to Magisk app -> Uninstall Magisk -> Restore Images
    5. If there's no backup, the Restore Images command would fail. For the OTA installation to succeed, you need to manually flash the stock boot.img of your current OS version to the correct boot_a/boot_b partition.
      1. To get the current partition suffix, run from adb shell (su):
        Code:
        /bin/getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix
      2. To flash a boot file in internal storage, run from adb shell (su):
        Code:
        dd if=/sdcard/<path-to-boot.img> of=/dev/block/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc/by-name/boot_a (or boot_b)
      3. Swap "if" and "of" to backup the current (Magisk-patched) boot.img if needed.
    6. Install the OTA and wait for it to finish, DO NOT REBOOT NOW
    7. Go to Magisk -> Install -> Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA). This will save a backup for the new boot.img after OTA to /data/magisk_backup_*.
    8. Reboot and Magisk will remain active!
    Bricked Lenovo Y700? Follow this guide.

Windows guide, might work for other aswell.

I finally solved my problem with my Lenovo Y700 tablet being stuck in bootloop mode due to trying to flash Magisk boot with a mismatched firmware version. This resulted in the UI constantly crashing, and I could not connect to Wi-Fi, and other problems...
    I tried flashing back to stock with QFIL, which put the device in a bootloop. I will explain why later on.

I also lost recovery mode due to trying to solve the problem, and now I was stuck with either showing the bootloader screen, or restarting the tablet, which brought me back to the bootloader.

So the tablet was now genuinely useless. This is what I did to bring back the stock ROM and later flash to crDroid 8.10.
    Flashing boot.img, system.img or recovery.img was no luck.

First off, there is no need to have unlocked "USB debugging" before your tablet bricked.
    Second, you don't need to have your "sn.img" file from Lenovo, you can unlock the bootloader using fastboot commands.
    Fastboot commands works on the bootloader screen, without having ADB connection.

Start by downloading these four files:
    Platform tools r33.0.2
    QPST_2.7.496
    Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0
    Lenovo Y700 tablet stock ROM

We'll start by unlocking your bootloader. You can do this from the bootloader screen. If you for some reason can enter recovery mode, enter fastboot.

1. Connect your tablet to your PC.

2. Open a terminal windows in the ADB folder. On Windows 11 this can be done by right-clicking inside the ADB folder and select "Open in terminal". If you don't have that option, try Shift + Right-click. If that doesn't work, you can always start the terminal by pressing Win + R, and type in "cmd" without citations. Now you have to navigate to your ADB folder by typing
    Code:
    cd (here you'll type in the location of your ADB folder)
    Without the brackets.

3. When located, type in
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    You should see your tablet in the list.
    If not, try using another cable or USB port on your PC.

4. Now type in
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock-go
    Restart your tablet, and it should now say "unlocked" under "DEVICE STATE" in the bootloader.

5. Now you can start by installing the programs on your PC, QTPS, Qualcomm driver and platform tools.

6. Extract ALL files from your stock ROM to the "bin" folder in QTPS location (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST).
    This will help with Sahara errors in QFIL.

7. Open QFIL from your QTPS bin folder, it installs with QTPS. Don't worry if it shows "No Port Available", we'll get to that. Your configuration should look like this:

QFILconfpng.png

Your main window should look like this:

qfil.png

Don't worry about the "status" window.

Hit "browse" in the "Programmer Path" window, and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Select "prog_firehose_ddr.elf"
    Hit "Load XML", and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Now, select ALL of the "rawprogram" files (my first mistake, I only selected the "rawprogram_unsparse0.xml" file on first flash)

In the next window, select ALL of the "patch" files (my second mistake, I only selected the "patch0.xml file" on first flash).
    Without doing this, you will only flash a portion of the ROM, and not all of the partitions needed.

8. Now it's time to reboot you tablet into EDL mode to be able to flash. Start your tablet by pressing VolUp + Power button.
    If you can't turn off your tablet when connected to PC, just select "Power off", and just hold the VolUp button as soon as the device vibrates and reboots, keep holding until the screen flickers and turns off.

9. Now QFIL should detect the Qualcomm 9008 port. If not, hit "Select Port" and select the Qualcomm 9008 port.

10. Hit the now available "Download" button, and the flashing should begin. Allow it to run its course, and it should reboot the tablet when done. Might take a while.

If flashing won't start properly, you might have waited too long between entering EDL mode and hitting the "Download" button.
    If so, disconnect your device, which might now be "dead".

Don't worry, you can fix this be holding VolUp + VolDown + Power button for a long time, say about a minute to be sure. Release the Volume keys some second before releasing the Power button.
    Hit the power button again, and the tablet should boot to bootloader screen again.
    Repeat the steps to enter EDL mode, and now hit the "Download" button in QFIL when it becomes available, don't wait too long.

You're done!

I recommend opening "Settings", enable "Developer" option, by pressing the "Build number" on the "About tablet" screen repeatedly until a pop-up appears saying "You are now a developer".
    Open "Developer options" and hit "Enable USB debugging", it will allow you to run ADB commands from your platform tools folder.
    If you want, you can again open the terminal in the platform tools folder and type
    Code:
    adb devices
    It should now show your device in the list.

Now you can uncheck the "OEM unlocking" in the "Developer options" which should let you get OTA updates when available.

There are plenty of guides on how to flash different GSI's like crDroid, so I won't cover that here.

Enjoy your tablet!
    New ota soon. I hope this fix all the issue
    00677QGply1hcugimqocmj315o1jk7vi.jpg
    Hi all.
    I just got this tablet yesterday.
    Language available on tablet are chinese and english maybe (morelocale2 could be useful)
    Google play services can be download directly from ZUI app store inside the tablet.
    Widevine L1.
    not sure about root or unlock bootloader (didn't use android device for a long time)
    Okay. I have managed to do everything from combined insights. So, let me save you guys the trouble I had by writing my proces down (and for myself for the future).
    I came from the 'global rom'. And wanted to end with 13.1.578 ROOTED

1. Download this file. It contains the stock firmware on 13.0.586. Unzip it, and find the recovery.img as we need it later.
    2. Upgrade all the way you like through OTA.
    3. Flash TWRP from here. Know that it is a 'faulty' version with only a line on top of the screen. And this vbmeta file. Place both files in your ADB folder.
    4. Use ADB to extact the boot.img from the version you are on.
    4.1 Boot into the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader).
    4.2 disable AVB (not sure this is necessary, but it worked for me) by sending the following commands:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot erase userdata
    4.3 Instal TWRP by sending this command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (note that you use the name you gave your TWRP file)
    4.4 reboot in recovery mode (fastboot reboot recovery/manually on the tablet)

Now the TWRP recovery should load, with only a line on top, and nothing else.

4.5 In the TWRP recovery enter: adb shell (you should see a # appearing in the line)
    4.6 Send these commands out:
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img
    adb pull /sdcard/boot.img stock_boot.img

what this does, is extracting the boot.img of that specific version you are running, and placing a copy of it into your adb folder.
    4.7 send these commands to get back to the bootloader:
    twrp reboot bootloader

5. Flash back the stock recovery. If you followed the guide, you have the stock recovery from step 1. Give it a fancy name, and place that file in your adb folder and sending this command:
    fastboot flash recovery yourfancyname.img
    fastboot reboot

Now it may give some warnings and errors. It told me to do a factory wipe, wich was okay for me. After that the tablet starts normally. Stock firmware, but still on the same version I wanted.

6. Now the easy part starts. The stock_boot.img you got in step 4.6, should be on your pc. After the inital setup on the tab, place that in your root folder. Download Magisk and install it on your tablet. When it is installed, click on 'install' and 'select and patch a file'. Select the stock_boot.img you moved to the root of your tablet. The patched file will be in your download folder. Transfer that patched file to your adb folder on the computer.

7. Go into adb and boot the tablet into recovery mode (this should be the stock recovery again): adb reboot recovery.

8. In recovery mode, go to fastboot. It'll say fastbootd on top.

9. Enter this command: fastboot flash boot patched-file-of-magisk.img

10. Restart the tablet. Congrats, you now have rooted your desired version.

It might be to much info, but I wish I had these steps. It was late yesterday. Very late...So to save you the troubles, I present you my humble guide. If you have improvements in the steps or instructions, please let me know!!
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    I found an article regarding y700 with gsi
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide