Question Legion Y700?

Search This thread

Nekeed

Mar 27, 2023
Gosh, i finaly got it !

After spend like 7H to try to flash without result, i was desperated ...

I try many tutorials and nothing.

I followed this one : https://xdaforums.com/t/legion-y700.4418573/post-87618177

So i go back from the strart and download all files and soft and i try one more time for the day.

I also do something else i did't do before, i put the tablet in EDL mod after setting GFIL.

I don't know if it's this or the redownload, but this time it's works !

I'm a noob on this, it's my first CN device and it's my first reflash too. If my mistakes can help ^^

Last edited:

alex4723717

Jan 23, 2023
Yeah, I am going to move forward with a exchange hopefully. It has rebooted since I took it out of box. I turn ran all updates to ZUI 14 hoping it was software but it is still doing the same.
This is abnormal bro

Contact giztop via website chat and email ticket

You are unfortunate but you can get a new one from gizz. People why say zui14 do not understand fps and GPU CPU perfection. Keep zui 13 when you receive you new device.

Sorry to hear you have this problem. But giztop is very understanding and will try to help you with this. I'm sure of it.

Laters!

Qingqingz

Mar 11, 2023
I have China ROM ZUI 14 and Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Go and Disney+ are FHD, no HDR or Dolby Vision though.

I did at first, but I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled Google Play Services and Google Play Store, and the issue went away.
Hi, i need some help over here. I just updated to ZUI 14, my sign in button couldn't click then i uninstalled play store and reinstall google play store via apkmirror and when i tried installing google play services, I get this error "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package" , Can you or anyone please help to provide a link that can install both google play store and google services without error? :'( Thanks..

I have China ROM ZUI 14 and Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Go and Disney+ are FHD, no HDR or Dolby Vision though.

Jarod71

Dec 1, 2010
It's normal if your bootloader is unlocked and device is running ZUI 14. It was happening to me too. I fixed it after little research.
Bootloader is not unlocked. This is CN rom. It even reboots in recovery mode while running gpu test. I think its defective. It gets a blue screen and then reboots.
What did you do to fix yours?

Last edited:

Jarod71

Dec 1, 2010
Hi, i need some help over here. I just updated to ZUI 14, my sign in button couldn't click then i uninstalled play store and reinstall google play store via apkmirror and when i tried installing google play services, I get this error "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package" , Can you or anyone please help to provide a link that can install both google play store and google services without error? :'( Thanks..
In settings go to the area about applications, I don't remember exactly what it is called, the one where you can set permissions on individual apps. In upper right corner is 3 dots (...), Click that and enable Google play services. Afterwards you should be able to sign in.

Qingqingz

Mar 11, 2023
Bootloader is not unlocked. This is CN rom. It even reboots in recovery mode while running gpu test. I think its defective. It gets a blue screen and then reboots.
What did you do to fix yours?

In settings go to the area about applications, I don't remember exactly what it is called, the one where you can set permissions on individual apps. In upper right corner is 3 dots (...), Click that and enable Google play services. Afterwards you should be able to sign in.
Yeah i managed to install both the apps successfully, thanks for replying! I can't seems to find the Legion Realm app in the tablet, any idea how can i install it? 😅 Or if anyone have the apk, can send it to me?

fiocco

Dec 29, 2007
Légion realm n'est pas utile, vous aurez les réglages CPU/GPU en slidant sur le côté gauche après avoir lancé vôtre jeu.

I'm making a fastboot ROM with extracted img files from ZUI to try GSI with various vendors & boot.
I plan to upload a total of four versions: the final version of ZUI13, one before that, and two versions of ZUI14.

Mr.Re*Index.'s Y700 arrived earlier than expected and he uploaded it first.

Last edited:

lunatechhtc

Mar 14, 2011
San Miguel, Bulacan
got my y700 the other day and updated to zui 14.0.231. the legion zone doesn't go beyond 305mhz even if i uninstalled it. i've reset it a bunch of times but still the gpu doesn't go beyond 305mhz. tried to unlock the bootloader but i have an error like this:
C:\platform-tools>fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed..
been reading this thread from page 1 but still no luck. hope anyone has a guide of help me with this. also i wanted to remove the chinese language but cannot. legion zone is still in chinese

Reactions: fiocco

nebo0919

Jan 16, 2008
Hi. I was patiently waiting for Lenovo y700 global version, but it seems Lenovo is not rushing at all. Lenovo legion y900 being released now in China and it comes with zui15. Wander if somebody with good talent and knowledge could extract that ROM from Y900 and apply it's zui15 features to our y700? Zui15 seems like it's added lots of new features. As for Lenovo, what a loss of potential not releasing global version of y700, y900. Both tablets are more perfect than traditional 11-13" android tablets. Want portability - get 8.8" Lenovo tablet, want for watching videos or gaming on big screen- get 14.5" Lenovo tablet. From my own experience, best carry always tablet is 8"-9", Def not 10".

Anybody knows more about if it's worth waiting for y700 global version release? Why Lenovo is being silent about all that?

nebo0919

Jan 16, 2008
Seems like Lenovo is finishing with gaming phone brand "Legion". Just saw in the news. Wander if that means that they are losing interest in "Legion" tablet 8.8"? Lenovo should have public representative for such and similar questions. In today's world I find less and less thoughtful people and people who are good at solving problems..

Reactions: Jarod71

filjusz

Hi. I was patiently waiting for Lenovo y700 global version, but it seems Lenovo is not rushing at all. Lenovo legion y900 being released now in China and it comes with zui15. Wander if somebody with good talent and knowledge could extract that ROM from Y900 and apply it's zui15 features to our y700? Zui15 seems like it's added lots of new features. As for Lenovo, what a loss of potential not releasing global version of y700, y900. Both tablets are more perfect than traditional 11-13" android tablets. Want portability - get 8.8" Lenovo tablet, want for watching videos or gaming on big screen- get 14.5" Lenovo tablet. From my own experience, best carry always tablet is 8"-9", Def not 10".

Anybody knows more about if it's worth waiting for y700 global version release? Why Lenovo is being silent about all that?
There wont be any global "Y700" relase from Lenovo.

nebo0919

Jan 16, 2008
There wont be any global "Y700" relase from Lenovo.
How do you know that? I'm only guessing there is no planned global y700 release, because Lenovo has plenty of time to see how useful y700 would be for global release? I also realised that most other tablet manufacturers don't want to make premium 8" -9" tablets because that means people lose interest in folding phones, which bring enormous profits.

fiocco

Dec 29, 2007
got my y700 the other day and updated to zui 14.0.231. the legion zone doesn't go beyond 305mhz even if i uninstalled it. i've reset it a bunch of times but still the gpu doesn't go beyond 305mhz. tried to unlock the bootloader but i have an error like this:
C:\platform-tools>fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed..
been reading this thread from page 1 but still no luck. hope anyone has a guide of help me with this. also i wanted to remove the chinese language but cannot. legion zone is still in chinese
Bonjour, a combien devrait être là fréquence du GPU une fois overclocké (670MHz ?) car bootloader locked et rom ZUI 13 je reste aussi à GPU 305 en mode "beast"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The extracted boot.img worked.

Anyways, here's patched and unpatched (stock) boot.img's for ZUI 15.0.342 and 15.0.361!
    Thanks the boot img worked in rooting. Just need to use ADB
    Bricked Lenovo Y700? Follow this guide.

Windows guide, might work for other aswell.

I finally solved my problem with my Lenovo Y700 tablet being stuck in bootloop mode due to trying to flash Magisk boot with a mismatched firmware version. This resulted in the UI constantly crashing, and I could not connect to Wi-Fi, and other problems...
    I tried flashing back to stock with QFIL, which put the device in a bootloop. I will explain why later on.

I also lost recovery mode due to trying to solve the problem, and now I was stuck with either showing the bootloader screen, or restarting the tablet, which brought me back to the bootloader.

So the tablet was now genuinely useless. This is what I did to bring back the stock ROM and later flash to crDroid 8.10.
    Flashing boot.img, system.img or recovery.img was no luck.

First off, there is no need to have unlocked "USB debugging" before your tablet bricked.
    Second, you don't need to have your "sn.img" file from Lenovo, you can unlock the bootloader using fastboot commands.
    Fastboot commands works on the bootloader screen, without having ADB connection.

Start by downloading these four files:
    Platform tools r33.0.2
    QPST_2.7.496
    Qualcomm_USB_Driver_v1.0
    Lenovo Y700 tablet stock ROM

We'll start by unlocking your bootloader. You can do this from the bootloader screen. If you for some reason can enter recovery mode, enter fastboot.

1. Connect your tablet to your PC.

2. Open a terminal windows in the ADB folder. On Windows 11 this can be done by right-clicking inside the ADB folder and select "Open in terminal". If you don't have that option, try Shift + Right-click. If that doesn't work, you can always start the terminal by pressing Win + R, and type in "cmd" without citations. Now you have to navigate to your ADB folder by typing
    Code:
    cd (here you'll type in the location of your ADB folder)
    Without the brackets.

3. When located, type in
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    You should see your tablet in the list.
    If not, try using another cable or USB port on your PC.

4. Now type in
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock-go
    Restart your tablet, and it should now say "unlocked" under "DEVICE STATE" in the bootloader.

5. Now you can start by installing the programs on your PC, QTPS, Qualcomm driver and platform tools.

6. Extract ALL files from your stock ROM to the "bin" folder in QTPS location (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST).
    This will help with Sahara errors in QFIL.

7. Open QFIL from your QTPS bin folder, it installs with QTPS. Don't worry if it shows "No Port Available", we'll get to that. Your configuration should look like this:

QFILconfpng.png

Your main window should look like this:

qfil.png

Don't worry about the "status" window.

Hit "browse" in the "Programmer Path" window, and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Select "prog_firehose_ddr.elf"
    Hit "Load XML", and navigate to your QTPS bin folder. Now, select ALL of the "rawprogram" files (my first mistake, I only selected the "rawprogram_unsparse0.xml" file on first flash)

In the next window, select ALL of the "patch" files (my second mistake, I only selected the "patch0.xml file" on first flash).
    Without doing this, you will only flash a portion of the ROM, and not all of the partitions needed.

8. Now it's time to reboot you tablet into EDL mode to be able to flash. Start your tablet by pressing VolUp + Power button.
    If you can't turn off your tablet when connected to PC, just select "Power off", and just hold the VolUp button as soon as the device vibrates and reboots, keep holding until the screen flickers and turns off.

9. Now QFIL should detect the Qualcomm 9008 port. If not, hit "Select Port" and select the Qualcomm 9008 port.

10. Hit the now available "Download" button, and the flashing should begin. Allow it to run its course, and it should reboot the tablet when done. Might take a while.

If flashing won't start properly, you might have waited too long between entering EDL mode and hitting the "Download" button.
    If so, disconnect your device, which might now be "dead".

Don't worry, you can fix this be holding VolUp + VolDown + Power button for a long time, say about a minute to be sure. Release the Volume keys some second before releasing the Power button.
    Hit the power button again, and the tablet should boot to bootloader screen again.
    Repeat the steps to enter EDL mode, and now hit the "Download" button in QFIL when it becomes available, don't wait too long.

You're done!

I recommend opening "Settings", enable "Developer" option, by pressing the "Build number" on the "About tablet" screen repeatedly until a pop-up appears saying "You are now a developer".
    Open "Developer options" and hit "Enable USB debugging", it will allow you to run ADB commands from your platform tools folder.
    If you want, you can again open the terminal in the platform tools folder and type
    Code:
    adb devices
    It should now show your device in the list.

Now you can uncheck the "OEM unlocking" in the "Developer options" which should let you get OTA updates when available.

There are plenty of guides on how to flash different GSI's like crDroid, so I won't cover that here.

Enjoy your tablet!
    New ota soon. I hope this fix all the issue
    00677QGply1hcugimqocmj315o1jk7vi.jpg
    Hi all.
    I just got this tablet yesterday.
    Language available on tablet are chinese and english maybe (morelocale2 could be useful)
    Google play services can be download directly from ZUI app store inside the tablet.
    Widevine L1.
    not sure about root or unlock bootloader (didn't use android device for a long time)
    Okay. I have managed to do everything from combined insights. So, let me save you guys the trouble I had by writing my proces down (and for myself for the future).
    I came from the 'global rom'. And wanted to end with 13.1.578 ROOTED

1. Download this file. It contains the stock firmware on 13.0.586. Unzip it, and find the recovery.img as we need it later.
    2. Upgrade all the way you like through OTA.
    3. Flash TWRP from here. Know that it is a 'faulty' version with only a line on top of the screen. And this vbmeta file. Place both files in your ADB folder.
    4. Use ADB to extact the boot.img from the version you are on.
    4.1 Boot into the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader).
    4.2 disable AVB (not sure this is necessary, but it worked for me) by sending the following commands:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot erase userdata
    4.3 Instal TWRP by sending this command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (note that you use the name you gave your TWRP file)
    4.4 reboot in recovery mode (fastboot reboot recovery/manually on the tablet)

Now the TWRP recovery should load, with only a line on top, and nothing else.

4.5 In the TWRP recovery enter: adb shell (you should see a # appearing in the line)
    4.6 Send these commands out:
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img
    adb pull /sdcard/boot.img stock_boot.img

what this does, is extracting the boot.img of that specific version you are running, and placing a copy of it into your adb folder.
    4.7 send these commands to get back to the bootloader:
    twrp reboot bootloader

5. Flash back the stock recovery. If you followed the guide, you have the stock recovery from step 1. Give it a fancy name, and place that file in your adb folder and sending this command:
    fastboot flash recovery yourfancyname.img
    fastboot reboot

Now it may give some warnings and errors. It told me to do a factory wipe, wich was okay for me. After that the tablet starts normally. Stock firmware, but still on the same version I wanted.

6. Now the easy part starts. The stock_boot.img you got in step 4.6, should be on your pc. After the inital setup on the tab, place that in your root folder. Download Magisk and install it on your tablet. When it is installed, click on 'install' and 'select and patch a file'. Select the stock_boot.img you moved to the root of your tablet. The patched file will be in your download folder. Transfer that patched file to your adb folder on the computer.

7. Go into adb and boot the tablet into recovery mode (this should be the stock recovery again): adb reboot recovery.

8. In recovery mode, go to fastboot. It'll say fastbootd on top.

9. Enter this command: fastboot flash boot patched-file-of-magisk.img

10. Restart the tablet. Congrats, you now have rooted your desired version.

It might be to much info, but I wish I had these steps. It was late yesterday. Very late...So to save you the troubles, I present you my humble guide. If you have improvements in the steps or instructions, please let me know!!
    Greeting Y700 users 😋
    I found an article regarding y700 with gsi
    but it is in japanese
    very detailed guide