• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Legit Nokia 7 Plus Bootloader Unlock?

Search This thread

Znert

Jan 4, 2015
Hi,

I just happened to google how to unlock Nokia 7 Plus' bootloader again and stumbled upon this site:

It was updated today with a free way to generate bootloader unlock keys for Nokia 7 Plus apparently. Now I can't test this myself at the moment (in a week at earliest), but do you think this is legit?

At least I can generate a code apparently, so this part is actually free.

Znert

Jan 4, 2015
I use my Nokia 7 Plus as primary phone as well, but I guess I'll just risk it :)

However, I can't promise anything here. Hopefully I will get around to it within the coming week.

Znert

Jan 4, 2015
I tried it yesterday and it work flawlessly.

Just follow the steps on the page, I had no issues unlocking the bootloader.

That being said, I nearly bricked my device when trying to flash Lineage OS onto it (because all TWRP and Lineage OS step by step guides seem to be out of date?), but this guide helped me get back to stock: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...m-flash-tool-nokia-7-plus-b2n_sprout.4023961/

Might keep it handy if you are like me :D

Reactions: gradmike

Andrex27

Aug 7, 2019
Asus ZenFone 2
Nokia 7 Plus

That being said, I nearly bricked my device when trying to flash Lineage OS onto it (because all TWRP and Lineage OS step by step guides seem to be out of date?), but this guide helped me get back to stock: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...m-flash-tool-nokia-7-plus-b2n_sprout.4023961/

Thanks for the useful infos.
I suppose I will unlock my phone in the upcomming months but right now I just factory resetted it and it's working almost nicely.
I really want to unlock and flash a custom rom on my phone, because the stock rom it's buggy and tends to have some performance issues, but right now if I mess with it I can't afford to change the phone so I guess I'll have to wait.

GenericAsianGuy

Jun 29, 2012

Do you have any tips on flashing TWRP? Thanks!

I have unlocked bootloader, tried to install TWRP from https://twrp.me/nokia/nokia7plus.html

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Output:

target reported max download size of 402653184 bytes
sending 'recovery' (42644 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.274s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: (recovery_b) No such partition)
finished. total time: 1.298s

Last edited:

Znert

Jan 4, 2015
Do you have any tips on flashing TWRP? Thanks!
Yeah, the tutorials seem to be a little outdated...

In general, follow this guide here (its from the same person that created the official twrp.me site I believe):

I wasn't sure if I have a OOB or POB device, but I haven't had any issues using both (currently using OOB since I'm pretty sure my Nokia 7 Plus is that old :D)

Secondly, what the instruction somehow failed to mention is how to get the install.zip. It is on their sourceforge page in a subfolder:

This is for the OOB variant, you can replace OOB at the end with POB to get the other files

You can verify, that I'm sending you the right link by following the links from the forum post to download the image to boot from. For example:

Now you can just remove the "twrp-3.4.0-0-B2N_sprout-POB-10.0-20200829.img/download" part of the URL and you get to the folder where all the other images are located. Download the latest "twrp-installer-*.zip" for your device and install it.

GenericAsianGuy

Jun 29, 2012
Yeah, the tutorials seem to be a little outdated...

In general, follow this guide here (its from the same person that created the official twrp.me site I believe):

I wasn't sure if I have a OOB or POB device, but I haven't had any issues using both (currently using OOB since I'm pretty sure my Nokia 7 Plus is that old :D)

Secondly, what the instruction somehow failed to mention is how to get the install.zip. It is on their sourceforge page in a subfolder:

This is for the OOB variant, you can replace OOB at the end with POB to get the other files

You can verify, that I'm sending you the right link by following the links from the forum post to download the image to boot from. For example:

Now you can just remove the "twrp-3.4.0-0-B2N_sprout-POB-10.0-20200829.img/download" part of the URL and you get to the folder where all the other images are located. Download the latest "twrp-installer-*.zip" for your device and install it.
This is great, thank you so much! I can also boot from both OOB and POB, will try this out later today :)

EDIT: worked like a charm. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Znert

Jan 4, 2015
Hi @Znert, did you use TWRP for Android 10 or Android 11?

Another question: can I unlock the bootloader of a Nokia 7+ on Android 10?

Thank you again.
I use the Android 10 version, but I'm not sure what the difference is anyways (it's a bootloader, shouldn't that be OS independent?)

Regarding your second question, yes, I unlocked my bootloader with the latest official stock ROM (so Android 10).

Reactions: Radder124

Radder124

Oct 19, 2012
Yes that's what I thought also... Maybe we need to use the Android 11 version to install a Android 11 ROM.
Now I see there is a new version of TWRP 3.5.2 on the official website.

Reactions: Znert

Top Liked Posts