Lemon Drop Hi-Res. The best music player rom in the universe.

Search This thread

maneaterbug

Jan 30, 2014
Hi, I just flashed this rom; it performs better than the default rom overall, but the temperature rises to 50–60 degrees Celsius while the device is charging although it is idling. Is it possible to set a CPU temperature cap of just 40 degrees Celsius? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

banner.png

Download mega link
    Eh i don't mind, just don't go around spreading misinformation about this chip, since all the android-side changes have to pass through the kernel driver. (i can edit messages too, which is nice)

In any case, we (and Lineage) are here to help in case you need some pointers in the future about things you can implement into your android projects, and also open to contributions should you want to share any valid improvements.
    Vbat has absolutely nothing to do with the dac, nor does the dac care about battery. It either gets the power or doesn't. Refer to the codec driver and kernel power subsystems (in which you'll find nothing because the dac doesn't care).

Also, are we going to keep pushing the "sabotage" theory? I explained what the true-native-path is for with references to the audio hal. Refer to my last set of posts.

This mod is pushing some serious misinformation to users.

A. The dac is NOT programmed by factory to run on "1 of the 4 dacs", that's not how it works in software or electrically.

B. The dac is not mono by default, and never has been, so I'm not entirely sure where this idea came from.

C. The dac does not have 92k+ channels; it has 2, as per the documentation.

D. Burn in? On a solid state chip? Unless you're testing chip stability, electrical property changes? That doesn't happen (and if it does happen, your chip has just failed the test).

I also worry about the audio side stability of the users using this mod as I've already seen backend errors. A user might hit an edge case where audio could just be messed up. Without adequate testing, this is very likely to happen eventually.

In short, stop pushing misinformation, most of which is proven to be incorrect by the es9218xx documentation that can be found online and audio hal sources.
    Another Dev here just thought I'd add on. If anything the mods changes will actually increase power consumption slightly due to the backend faults. Additionally @Darnrain1 you seem to missunderstand what a "QuadDAC" is. A QuadDAC is not 4 individual DACs, it is instead a set of sub-DACs (Source). Audio is routed through each sub DAC to improve noise performance. You have NOT "reprogrammed" anything all you have done is add useless lines to mixer files which actually make performance worse and claiming to have made any kind of real improvement is utterly disrespectful to people like @xxseva44 who have spent weeks making legitimate imrpovements to the DAC experience.
    Welcome to v150.3
    My ears are vibrating right now, so that’s now a thing. I used my advanced Linux computer skills again to improve the audio quality a lot. Vbat = battery voltage, it was all messed up. The QuadDAC must know how much battery power you have left, because the DAC can suck up battery power like there is no tomorrow. I fixed a small issue with True Native Mode.

I have always known without an absolute doubt in my mind, that someone deliberately sabotaged the mixer_paths file. I was always asking myself, now what did they sabotage this time? I went in there with a mind set, someone sabotaged the mixer_paths file, and I need to fix it. It was like a treasure hunt to me, I had some of the most fun in my entire life, trying to locate and fix what they sabotaged. So with trial, error, logic, and my advanced Linux computer skills and the knowledge of knowing that someone deliberately sabotaged the mixer_paths file, is how I have successfully converted my Lgv20 into an adequate, Hi-Res Music Player.

Enjoy everyone...
    Vbat has absolutely nothing to do with the dac, nor does the dac care about battery. It either gets the power or doesn't. Refer to the codec driver and kernel power subsystems (in which you'll find nothing because the dac doesn't care).

Also, are we going to keep pushing the "sabotage" theory? I explained what the true-native-path is for with references to the audio hal. Refer to my last set of posts.

This mod is pushing some serious misinformation to users.

A. The dac is NOT programmed by factory to run on "1 of the 4 dacs", that's not how it works in software or electrically.

B. The dac is not mono by default, and never has been, so I'm not entirely sure where this idea came from.

C. The dac does not have 92k+ channels; it has 2, as per the documentation.

D. Burn in? On a solid state chip? Unless you're testing chip stability, electrical property changes? That doesn't happen (and if it does happen, your chip has just failed the test).

I also worry about the audio side stability of the users using this mod as I've already seen backend errors. A user might hit an edge case where audio could just be messed up. Without adequate testing, this is very likely going to happen eventually.

In short, stop pushing misinformation, most of which is proven to be incorrect by the es9218xx documentation that can be found online and audio hal sources.