• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lenovo A1000m root help ?

Search This thread

topdawg89

May 2, 2009
Veliko Tirnovo
Hey guys.
I've managed to find a couple of videos and tutorials on rooting the A1000 (99% of them using KingRoot), but there's absolutely no info on the A1000m. While it's basically the same phone with a bit less memory, it won't root. I've tried pretty much everything I found on the web with no success. And quite frankly I'm scared to keep going, because I can't find the firmware and if I brick this stupid phone I'll probably have to pay for it, because it's not mine. Not a big deal, it's one of the cheapest devices available in my country, but I'd rather find a way to root it or at least keep it in working condition before returning it to it's owner.
Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated. Even if all you can do is tell me that it's impossible to root. I just need to be sure, before I return it.

Hey guys.
I've managed to find a couple of videos and tutorials on rooting the A1000 (99% of them using KingRoot), but there's absolutely no info on the A1000m. While it's basically the same phone with a bit less memory, it won't root. I've tried pretty much everything I found on the web with no success. And quite frankly I'm scared to keep going, because I can't find the firmware and if I brick this stupid phone I'll probably have to pay for it, because it's not mine. Not a big deal, it's one of the cheapest devices available in my country, but I'd rather find a way to root it or at least keep it in working condition before returning it to it's owner.
Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated. Even if all you can do is tell me that it's impossible to root. I just need to be sure, before I return it.
Just needed to know:
Do you tried KingRoot or skipped it because you were scared?

topdawg89

May 2, 2009
Veliko Tirnovo
Tried it. And that's the one that scared me. At first it wouldn't work. Someone told me to give it another try and it said the phone was rooted. But it wasn't. All it did was break the playstore and it wouldn't let me download anything. The phone froze and restarted a couple of times... It was a pain in the ass. And the other app that came with it, King User - it wouldn't go away even after a hard reset. I had to install KingRoot again, try rooting it a couple of times until it said it was successful and then do the unroot procedure in King User to get rid of the app.
In my opinion, KingRoot is a total waste of time. Never used it before, don't plan on doing it in the future.

poklop252

Dec 17, 2016
Tried it. And that's the one that scared me. At first it wouldn't work. Someone told me to give it another try and it said the phone was rooted. But it wasn't. All it did was break the playstore and it wouldn't let me download anything. The phone froze and restarted a couple of times... It was a pain in the ass. And the other app that came with it, King User - it wouldn't go away even after a hard reset. I had to install KingRoot again, try rooting it a couple of times until it said it was successful and then do the unroot procedure in King User to get rid of the app.
In my opinion, KingRoot is a total waste of time. Never used it before, don't plan on doing it in the future.

A1000 has older chipset Spreadtrum SC7731 without G mark on the end. your vibe A has half memory and smaler kapacity of battery bad plastiks and dimensions look same on www gsmarena com

ps: kingo root for windows with debuging activate in phone working with A1000 on second try (and another few phones year before), and cpu-z (cpuid) confirm it is root acess

lashie4

May 26, 2017
hey, I ve got Lenovo A1000m too but I ve tried many softwares and tutorials but noone goes...Can anyone help me?

johnick

Mar 6, 2011
A1000m unlock bootloader?

Hey guys
Has anybody managed to unlock the bootloader?the method with Fastboot oem unlock doesn’t work.
Any help?
Thanks