• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Lenovo A3500-H: recommended ROM?

Search This thread

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
I have a Lenovo A3500-H. Still a nice device, but with outdated Android.

Is there any recommendation for an alternative ROM where evereything works fine? Camera, Bluetooth, LTE...

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
Ok, then I'll write my answer here, since I figured out.

You can do it on your Tablet without using the PC.
1. Download AOSPExtended For Lenovo A3500 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) and TWRP 311 and put it on your SD Card (don't know if it works from internal locations).
2. Get root on the Device using Kingo Root.
3. Get the official TWRP app (link from APKPure here) and use it to flash the TWRP311_Lenovo_A3500.img you downloaded before.
4. Reboot into TWRP (pressing and holding volume up+down+power button), and flash the AEX-N a3500.zip from there.

This worked fine. Make sure to use at least this version of TWRP, didn't work with 2.x.
Didn't test the ROM too much, so far it seems to work for all basic things I tried.

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
If you have problems with internal memory or missing superuser rights, you'll additionally need to flash the storage.xml.zip as well as some supersu.zip.

You'll get this at: