• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lenovo A7600F (Original) CM13 Port

Search This thread

thel2dab

Nov 29, 2011
Hi All A7600F Owners,

I have successfully ported a CM13 MediaTek ROM over to our beloved Lenovo A7600F.

Updated 14/12/2016 To fix non-booting ROM

This is for the original tablet only!

The ROM was pre built so I have not compiled it from source, however I have put in many hours to optimise and tweak various aspects to try and ensure a stable experience. I am not sure who to credit for the initial ROM compiling, so if you feel this is you work let me know so I can credit you properly.

If you flash this it is at your own risk, your warranty will be void and I will not be responsible for any bricks! I will however offer advice where and if I can.

I know this is not a very popular device so It may be that no one tries this ROM, if you do please could you leave some feedback for me.

Now on to the good part.......

Rooting The A7600F

1. From 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 this can be gone easily with the KingRoot app.

2. Here is a file and script that will replace KingRoot with SuperSu if you wish to stay on stock Lenovo ROM.

KingRoot2SuperSu

3. If you are flashing CM13 you do not need to waste time changing the root app.

Installation Of Custom Recovery

1. You must have a custom recovery installed. I have only tried this ROM with TWRP. This is the version I have been using;

A7600F TWRP 3.0.2.0

2. Once downloaded unzip and place the recovery.img in the root of your internal storage on the device.

3. Install a Terminal emulator app form the play store or open up the app if you already have one. Once opened type the following and hit enter.

su

If the app has not been opened before it will now ask for root permissions. Grant it.

4. Type the following command to install the recovery.img to the right place and hit enter.

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery bs=16777216 count=1

Now the recovery is loaded into the correct place.

User @cato1986 has pointed out that once rooted the TWRP image can be installed with the flashify app.

5. If you are not flashing CM13 you can now power of the device. Press VOL+ and Power to boot into recovery or if you have adb enabled you can type.

adb reboot recovery

From the command line of your PC.

6. If you intend to flash CM13 now would be a good time to download the ROM and Gapps and place in the internal or external storage of your device.

Installation of CM13

1. Download the ROM Here.

A7600F CM13 ROM

Get Gapps (I prefer the nano version).

Open Gapps

With the ROM and Gapps stored on your device boot into recovery. (Power off, VOL+ and Power) or via adb.

2. In recovery go to wipe. Now go to advanced wipe. Select only the following and nothing else.

Dalvik/ART Cache
Data
Cache
System

3. Return to the main menu. Go to install and select the CM13 ROM. Install it. This can take a while.

4. Go back to the main page in recovery and install your Gapps zip straight away. Once finished wipe Dalvik/Cache and hit reboot.

5. Hopefully it boots past the original Lenovo screen. The 1st boot can take a while.

6. Run through setup. CyanogenSetupWizard will warn you that the sim is missing. Ignore this I am working on a fix. This is the only place left the the system seems to think a sim should be installed.

7. Profit!

What Works

Wifi
Bluetooth
Cameras
Audio
Microphone
Almost everything I have tried

What Doesn't Work

GPS?
If you find anything else let me know.

More General Issues And Fixes For The A7600F

Phantom NVRAM WARNING WiFi network.

This can happen if you formatted the device with the SP Flash Tool. To fix it simply install the NVRAM FIX zip file below.

NVRAM FIX

Credits

CyanogenMod,
TWRP,
Lenovo,
4pda for the NVRAM FIX.

If you feel I have earned a pint you can donate by going to my profile and looking for my donation email.

If you want to leave thanks please do.

Last edited:

leemg

Feb 9, 2015
Blyth
Christmas comes early - a very popular tablet still and with this work it will save me buying her indoors a new one for Xmas ;)

thank you

Reactions: thel2dab

leemg

Feb 9, 2015
Blyth
will make time over the next couple of days. Too much going on in the house to "think" right now. (xmas tree and stuff)

cato1986

Dec 12, 2016
black screen, doesn't boot

i am having the same issue, i get the lenovo boot animation and then the screen goes black and stays black. I also do not have a backup of my system.... so i basically have a device that does nothing. can someone create a backup image that you can use TWRP to restore your device???

thel2dab

Nov 29, 2011
i am having the same issue, i get the lenovo boot animation and then the screen goes black and stays black. I also do not have a backup of my system.... so i basically have a device that does nothing. can someone create a backup image that you can use TWRP to restore your device???

I will check this out. It works fine on my device, however it may be a corrupted upload. I won't have a chance until later to sort it or get a backup image for you. You can use the SP flash tool for the A7600F but if you aren't comfortable using it I will post some instructions for it later.

Regards

thel2dab

Nov 29, 2011
I have tested the ROM and it works fine on my tablet. If you are experiencing problems and you please confirm that you are flashing on the Lenovo A10-70 A7600-F 10 inch Wi-Fi only Tablet with the MediaTek MT8121 chip....... The boot image in this ROM is not compatible with anything else. Ensure you are not trying to flash on the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F it will not work.

Can anyone else who has tried to flash it on the correct device confirm it works? It has had nearly 30 downloads but no one has left any feedback. It would be great if you could leave a note of this ROM works for you.

Regards

Lee

cato1986

Dec 12, 2016
not working

That's the model i have, but it shows a black screen. I'm not new to flashing either. I have several custom ROM devices. So I don't think it is something I'm doing wrong. Suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-13-21-08-57.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-13-21-08-57.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,109
Reactions: rednatnas

Chrambo

Dec 14, 2016
I'm one of the 30 guys who downloaded the ROM.
Thanks so much for the effort you put into building this rom.
Unfortunately, in my case, the tablet doesn't get past the Lenovo boot screen after installing the rom.
I didn't know there was a Wifi- only version of this tablet but i looked it up, and mine is the A7600F with the MediaTek MT8121 chip.
Nevertheless, there seems to be a Sim Card Slot ?
I will give another try later

Chrambo

Dec 14, 2016

I only get a black screen after lenovo logo. Whats wrong?

Now i also get a black screen

thel2dab

Nov 29, 2011
That's the model i have, but it shows a black screen. I'm not new to flashing either. I have several custom ROM devices. So I don't think it is something I'm doing wrong. Suggestions?

Are you using the TWRP from the OP? It seems like a boot image issue. If you are using the TWRP from the OP? Are you performing the wipe and does TWRP report any issues when wiping or flashing?

Regards

cato1986

Dec 12, 2016
not working

Are you using the TWRP from the OP? It seems like a boot image issue. If you are using the TWRP from the OP? Are you performing the wipe and does TWRP report any issues when wiping or flashing?

Regards

Yes, I'm using TWRP....I also followed this thread. Nothing less, nothing more.

thel2dab

Nov 29, 2011
Ok guys thanks for reporting back. I suspect the boot image in the upload file is corrupt. I will upload a new file at about 8:00pm GMT tonight.

Regards

Lee

cato1986

Dec 12, 2016
Hey there, my copy is working as well.
It looks great. I do have a question, is anyone else having trouble flashing full or super OpenGapps? I can only flash the smallest. And hey thanks a lot for all the hard work. I wish I knew how to contribute.

Reactions: thel2dab

thel2dab

Nov 29, 2011
Hey there, my copy is working as well.
It looks great. I do have a question, is anyone else having trouble flashing full or super OpenGapps? I can only flash the smallest. And hey thanks a lot for all the hard work. I wish I knew how to contribute.

I am not sure but I think the system partition is too small to flash the bigger Gapps packages.

Glad it is working now. I am just looking to fix the GPS as it doesn't appear to work currently, I don't know if you anyone else can confirm this.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Regards

Lee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All A7600F Owners,

I have successfully ported a CM13 MediaTek ROM over to our beloved Lenovo A7600F.

Updated 14/12/2016 To fix non-booting ROM

This is for the original tablet only!

The ROM was pre built so I have not compiled it from source, however I have put in many hours to optimise and tweak various aspects to try and ensure a stable experience. I am not sure who to credit for the initial ROM compiling, so if you feel this is you work let me know so I can credit you properly.

If you flash this it is at your own risk, your warranty will be void and I will not be responsible for any bricks! I will however offer advice where and if I can.

I know this is not a very popular device so It may be that no one tries this ROM, if you do please could you leave some feedback for me.

Now on to the good part.......

Rooting The A7600F

1. From 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 this can be gone easily with the KingRoot app.

2. Here is a file and script that will replace KingRoot with SuperSu if you wish to stay on stock Lenovo ROM.

KingRoot2SuperSu

3. If you are flashing CM13 you do not need to waste time changing the root app.

Installation Of Custom Recovery

1. You must have a custom recovery installed. I have only tried this ROM with TWRP. This is the version I have been using;

A7600F TWRP 3.0.2.0

2. Once downloaded unzip and place the recovery.img in the root of your internal storage on the device.

3. Install a Terminal emulator app form the play store or open up the app if you already have one. Once opened type the following and hit enter.

su

If the app has not been opened before it will now ask for root permissions. Grant it.

4. Type the following command to install the recovery.img to the right place and hit enter.

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery bs=16777216 count=1

Now the recovery is loaded into the correct place.

User @cato1986 has pointed out that once rooted the TWRP image can be installed with the flashify app.

5. If you are not flashing CM13 you can now power of the device. Press VOL+ and Power to boot into recovery or if you have adb enabled you can type.

adb reboot recovery

From the command line of your PC.

6. If you intend to flash CM13 now would be a good time to download the ROM and Gapps and place in the internal or external storage of your device.

Installation of CM13

1. Download the ROM Here.

A7600F CM13 ROM

Get Gapps (I prefer the nano version).

Open Gapps

With the ROM and Gapps stored on your device boot into recovery. (Power off, VOL+ and Power) or via adb.

2. In recovery go to wipe. Now go to advanced wipe. Select only the following and nothing else.

Dalvik/ART Cache
    Data
    Cache
    System

3. Return to the main menu. Go to install and select the CM13 ROM. Install it. This can take a while.

4. Go back to the main page in recovery and install your Gapps zip straight away. Once finished wipe Dalvik/Cache and hit reboot.

5. Hopefully it boots past the original Lenovo screen. The 1st boot can take a while.

6. Run through setup. CyanogenSetupWizard will warn you that the sim is missing. Ignore this I am working on a fix. This is the only place left the the system seems to think a sim should be installed.

7. Profit!

What Works

Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Cameras
    Audio
    Microphone
    Almost everything I have tried

What Doesn't Work

GPS?
    If you find anything else let me know.

More General Issues And Fixes For The A7600F

Phantom NVRAM WARNING WiFi network.

This can happen if you formatted the device with the SP Flash Tool. To fix it simply install the NVRAM FIX zip file below.

NVRAM FIX

Credits

CyanogenMod,
    TWRP,
    Lenovo,
    4pda for the NVRAM FIX.

If you feel I have earned a pint you can donate by going to my profile and looking for my donation email.

If you want to leave thanks please do.
    Hello again! Sorry for a lack of updates. Recently I broke the charge port pretty bad on my A7600-F on accident D: I was able to find a cheap replacement mainboard and I'm finally back up and running.
    Here is the link to TWRP 3.1 for the A7600-F
    Here is the link to the LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0) rom I ported for the A7600-F

As for Nougat Im not able to find or create a 3.10.x kernel that works with this tablet, and to my knowledge the kernel source is not complete, so i'm not able to compile my own.
    Nougat for A7600-F

Those of you who have been searching for Nougat ROMS I could port, I thank you. Please check out my new Lineage OS 14.1 ROM that I have ported here and let me know what you think!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-lineage-os-14-1-lenovo-a7600-f-t3700917
    Christmas comes early - a very popular tablet still and with this work it will save me buying her indoors a new one for Xmas ;)

thank you

Just let me know if you run into any problems.

Should be OK I have tested it quite a bit.

Regards

Lee
    Thanks!!

It's awesome!! It worked perfectly!! Thank you soooo much. I've searched one rom for this device so long and finally i've found yours. Excellent!! :good::good::good::D:D