Lenovo Ideatab A1000 One Click Rooting(Windows)

Search This thread

nusigalaxy

Apr 6, 2013
A1000F root

nice i have too root on my A1000F , and i make a backup my Rom with ( MtkDroidTools_v248 ) . thanks :laugh:

iscroman

May 15, 2012
VRoot - Multi-device root App.

Hi.

Last week I was looking for a method for root two Lenovo Ideapad A1000L-F tablets of my sons. After look in many sites and try many tutorials, I found a magic chinese app.

With that app it's possible to me to root two Lenovo tablets, a Mini S3 and a Xperia U without a problem and with just a simple clic of a button.

It's a great app. Try it if you want to root a devices without complications or if you don't find another method.

The app name is VROOT, look for it in Google.

Regards from México.

Reactions: Diesel321

zeal67

Jan 15, 2014
Thank You!

just rooted my ideapad a1000-g with the 1.5g storage update on my first try. no. Thank you for this! :D

blackbear145

Nov 2, 2010
Does anyone know if this will work on a lenovo B8000-F if not do you know where I can find the information.
thanks

linuxhost

Jul 16, 2013
Has anyone been able to flash a custom recovery on your IdeaTab A1000L-F?

Hi all, this was awesome info i found here about rooting.... but has any of you been successful at flash a custom recovery on your A1000L-F?

Aug 26, 2013
hi I have a lenovo ideatab a1000-f I rooted using kindo root Im just wondering if there are any Roms for this if I have to unlock the boot loader and is there anyway I can install cwm or twrp with out using the computer any help would be greatly appreciated sorry if this is the wrong forum.

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
hi I have a lenovo ideatab a1000-f I rooted using kindo root Im just wondering if there are any Roms for this if I have to unlock the boot loader and is there anyway I can install cwm or twrp with out using the computer any help would be greatly appreciated sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Got given an A1000-G as a gift. Thanks for sharing the root method. Worked a treat ! :D

Just trying to find an appropriate kernel .config. I'd like to try compile the kernel from source................ seems Lenovo is in breach of GPL or am I just blind? :confused:

rishabh22

Jan 1, 2012
Delhi
Reactions: UpInTheAir

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand

rishabh22

Jan 1, 2012
Delhi
Last edited:
Reactions: UpInTheAir

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
that is very sad then. :(
Edit
http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/a1000l_tablet
The kernel code for a1000l seems to be available. It has the same chipset (I think). Will it be of any help?

I suppose it won't hurt having a look. I'll download later on today and see if I can see any useful config I can at least take a look at and study. There will obviously be differences with a GSM/WIFI device though.

Cheers mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: rishabh22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    Here goes the cyanogenmod disclaimer. The same applies here.
    "CyanogenMod members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software."

1. Turn on usb debugging from developer settings.
    2. Install drivers like this.
    3. Download and install this.
    4. Open and click Root(Make sure you're connected to the internet).
    And...you're done!

To unroot press the remove root button in the same application.

A1000F USERS PLEASE READ
    Some A1000F users have reported that the device will turn off after rooting and won't start until you plug in the charging cable. After that it works fine. Refer to the comments below. If your device fails to start after rooting, please try this.

Keep in mind Lenovo will have an absolute right to deny your warranty claim(you are of course free to try, they may not even notice) if you give them a rooted device. So make sure you unroot the device before taking it to the service center, unless the device is completely dead.

UPDATE
    Lenovo has finally rolled out an update for A1000G that increases the internal storage to 1.5gb.
    1. Turn on usb debugging from developer settings.
    2. Install drivers like this.
    3. Download and install this.
    4. Open and click Root.
    And...you're done!

Worked like a charm :D :good: I successfully rooted my ideatab A1000. You are like god here :D
    I tried rooting my Lenovo A1000-F --- followed the instructions, installed PDANet and ran Kingo, which said the root was complete. When I clicked FINISH the screen on the tab went blank and now I can't get it to start.

Here's what I'm seeing after unplugging and plugging the USB back into the tab, which I hope isn't bricked.

o_O that wasn't supposed to happen. Did you have sufficient charge before rooting and are you sure your usb cable isn't damaged or anything?
    Here's what you can try
    1. Charge the device for around 1/2 hr and then try switching it on.
    2. Restart your pc, make sure kingo root isn't started and then connect the usb
    Otherwise try searching Google for such problems and as a last resort you can take the device to the service center and tell them this happened while you were trying to update or something. I would have tried to help you myself but Im busy with my exams for the next 20-25 days. Sorry :(
    Do post what happens. I'll try to help as much as i can
    Yes I`ve read the posts and left the tab on charger for nearly 2 hours but still nothing
    I am sorry for bothering you but I `ve bought the tab only one week ago
    You can imagine how I feel
    Yes i can completely understand and I'm really sorry i won't be help you much till the 29th at least. You will have to look around for a solution by yourself or take it to the service centre. Otherwise you will have to wait till the 29th and then maybe i can help figure it out

PS in my experience I've never really seen or heard of an android device being COMPLETELY dead. There is usually a way or another to revive it. So please don't give up on your hope even if you can't find a way :)
    Hi, i too was rooting the device with Kingo. The software showed that the root was successful but the tablet screen went off. I tried restarting but nothing happened. The tablet seemed to be on as my laptop showed USB device connected.

Then i rest the tablet by pressing the reset button using a pin.
    Please search the instruction on how to reset the tablet if you dont know how to do it. I am unable to post any external link to show you that.

Hope this helps... Now i am trying to connect Pen Drives and 3G dongle to the tablet...

I have added a link for that in the first post.
    And pen drive will connect if it is not formatted to ntfs(you can download an app from play store for that also )
    Please let me know how it goes with the 3g dongle