• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lenovo K52e78 How to Root - Custom Roms ?

Search This thread

DoBrln

Oct 13, 2016
Is there any root for this version of Lenovo Note k52 e78 module, Or is this same as the K5 model ?

Will the current release CM 13 mod by scritch007 would work for this Phone??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/lenovo-k5-plus-cyanogenmod-13-t3432761

Phone Lenovo K52e78 – ROM Android 5.1
VIBEUI_V3.0_1615_15.518.1_ST_K52e78 – k52_e78-user 5.1 LMY47I

U found something ? I have same problem .... 1 week of searching but noting found for this Chinese model .

kickace7

Dec 15, 2013
U found something ? I have same problem .... 1 week of searching but noting found for this Chinese model .
Same problem , But I have found a way to root. Just search for KINGROOT in XDA and use the PC version.
Connect your phone to the PC install the drivers and then youu can root this phone by KINGROOT. I have successfully rooted my device now.

Reactions: DoBrln

DoBrln

Oct 13, 2016
After root u changed the ROM ? The recovery is the Chinese version I need to installed another . but I don't find a compatible ROM for this device .

DoBrln

Oct 13, 2016
Official ROM update 6.0 k52e78

Download Lenovo Smart Assistant
Connect your phone press UPDATE ( downloading update.rar 1.37 gb ) update fail DONT PANIC
Go to lenovo assistant folder and find UPDATE.RAR copy this RAR in your internal phone memory just in memory no in folder
Reboot your phone in chinese recovery ( vol+ vol- and power )
To translate the recovery use another phone whit google transalte installed and use camera translate from chinese to english
Flash the new UPDATE.RAR automatic reboot
Now your phone is up to date OFFCILAL ROM Android 6.0 Chinese Version
Only Chinese and English ......
Now u Have OTA UPDATE
If u need the UPDATE.RAR send me a mssage . I dont find a file hosting to share it.
Have fun ( im not responsable if u brick or damage your phone )
I have 2 lenovo k5 note k52e78 and the update is working great
Your Phone is still a chinese market phone based on UI not ROW version but is the same
NO ROOT

Reactions: kickace7

tassos_chry

May 26, 2013
Connect your phone press UPDATE ( downloading update.rar 1.37 gb ) update fail DONT PANIC
Go to lenovo assistant folder and find UPDATE.RAR copy this RAR in your internal phone memory just in memory no in folder
To translate the recovery use another phone whit google transalte installed and use camera translate from chinese to english
Now u Have OTA UPDATE
If u need the UPDATE.RAR send me a mssage . I dont find a file hosting to share it.
Your Phone is still a chinese market phone based on UI not ROW version but is the same
NO ROOT
I converted from Chinese and English ROM to an international one that is custom and I lost my IMEIs. I know that I can restore them with Maui Meta tool, but I can't for the life of me get it to connect with the tool. I always get stuck on a screen that says "phone has been in meta mode. Long press power button to boot normally". Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Should I press any button when connecting the phone to USB?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raaid Rizvi

kmastrath

Nov 15, 2016
I was able to connect it in metamaui version 9.1548, I did as follows:
- I opened the program and clicked on reconnect
- I turned off the phone
- I connected the cable (the first time it failed pos was installing the driver, I disconnected the cable reconnected and in 10 seconds it was already connected.

Now I have another problem, did you get the db files to insert the imei? If you have found the file, please let me know the link, because I have everything working but my device is without imei

I converted from Chinese and English ROM to an international one that is custom and I lost my IMEIs. I know that I can restore them with Maui Meta tool, but I can't for the life of me get it to connect with the tool. I always get stuck on a screen that says "phone has been in meta mode. Long press power button to boot normally". Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Should I press any button when connecting the phone to USB?

Thanks for your help

tassos_chry

May 26, 2013
- I turned off the phone
- I connected the cable (the first time it failed pos was installing the driver, I disconnected the cable reconnected and in 10 seconds it was already connected.

Now I have another problem, did you get the db files to insert the imei? If you have found the file, please let me know the link, because I have everything working but my device is without imei

Couldn't even get it to connect with Meta MAUI even after 50 times at least, so I can't really help you. But you can find stock chinese ROMs here: http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/20032-китайские-официальные-прошивки-для-vibe-k5-notek52e78/

Maybe you can get the db files from these ROMs

kmastrath

Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for link, you have try in another computer? My pc with windows 10, he instaled, but I need reboot then and enable install drivers for third...

kmastrath

Nov 15, 2016
Tassos, thanks, for me it worked, I used the modem file that was in the link that you gave me and I was able to restore the imei perfectly. I'm grateful to you, I work more with computers than with cell phones, maybe I need some help to connect your cell phone, I'm available, if you need me to connect your phone, I can even help you with teamviewer. Thank you

firm1982

Dec 23, 2016
Now u Have OTA UPDATE
NO ROOT

can u share the update.rar

kickace7

Dec 15, 2013
Now u Have OTA UPDATE
NO ROOT

Thanks so much man, This worked like a charm. Instead of going to chinese recovery mode. I used clockworkmod app and flashed the upgrade.zip file. And worked like a charm. Gets the OTA upgrades and all. Thanks So much.

Reactions: DoBrln
Nov 12, 2013
Now u Have OTA UPDATE
NO ROOT

if u r rooted on lolipop and want to update without losing root flashfire app will help i guess
its from chainfire
pls confirm that it can update using flash fire without losing root

mysticalmight

Nov 25, 2015
Thanks so much man, This worked like a charm. Instead of going to chinese recovery mode. I used clockworkmod app and flashed the upgrade.zip file. And worked like a charm. Gets the OTA upgrades and all. Thanks So much.

How did you use clockworkmod app to flash upgrade.zip if your phone isn't rooted and IF it is rooted, please please post how you did it. I have been looking for it all over the web and i couldn't find a way. KingoRoot & KingRoot doesn't seem to work. I tried to Android & PC versions none of them are able to root lenovo k52e78.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Btw, I have the marshmallow 6.0 k52e78

Last edited:

Donat007

Sep 26, 2014
Pls heeeelp

Now u Have OTA UPDATE
NO ROOT
Hi. Could you sent me that file? Because if i download the Lenovo smart assistant and connat my phone and the i click on UPDTE ROM , then it fails on 0% of the download and i cant download the file . Also it says at InStorage 0/0.
I would be good if you could send me those files or just a fix for it.
:D

kickace7

Dec 15, 2013
How did you use clockworkmod app to flash upgrade.zip if your phone isn't rooted and IF it is rooted, please please post how you did it. I have been looking for it all over the web and i couldn't find a way. KingoRoot & KingRoot doesn't seem to work. I tried to Android & PC versions none of them are able to root lenovo k52e78.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Btw, I have the marshmallow 6.0 k52e78

I was only able to root lollipop version, not marshmallow. :rolleyes::crying:

peppo231

Aug 3, 2017
Now u Have OTA UPDATE
NO ROOT

can you please send me the UPDATE.RAR? i can't download it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - I turned off the phone

Couldn't even get it to connect with Meta MAUI even after 50 times at least, so I can't really help you. But you can find stock chinese ROMs here: http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/20032-китайские-официальные-прошивки-для-vibe-k5-notek52e78/

Maybe you can get the db files from these ROMs
    Same problem , But I have found a way to root. Just search for KINGROOT in XDA and use the PC version.
    Connect your phone to the PC install the drivers and then youu can root this phone by KINGROOT. I have successfully rooted my device now.
    Official ROM update 6.0 k52e78

Now u Have OTA UPDATE
    NO ROOT
    Now u Have OTA UPDATE
    NO ROOT

Thanks for your help

Now u Have OTA UPDATE
    NO ROOT