• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2 Global

Search This thread

toliveforever

May 19, 2015
The global version of the Legion phone 2 I bought from Giztop just showed up like 10 minutes ago. I haven't finished checking it out yet, but so far it looks like they have actually been able to put the global rom on the chinese version of the phone. Fingerprint works and so does the front camera which I think was an issue with the previous Legion phone. Here are some screenshots of what I have seen so far during setup

Attachments

• IMG_20210522_120725556.jpg
    IMG_20210522_120725556.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20210522_120257555.jpg
    IMG_20210522_120257555.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20210522_122113742.jpg
    IMG_20210522_122113742.jpg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 187

toliveforever

May 19, 2015
So the global version comes with all the usual Google apps set to default and as far as I can tell nothing from Lenovo. The fingerprint reader is noticibly faster than the Chinese version though I don't know if that is from the software difference or not. It was never very good no matter how many times I redid it on the Chinese rom. The factory screen protector also feels different so that may cause the change as well. Always on display still goes to sleep after a few seconds so that is no different. Notifications so far are working correctly without any kind of configuration required. I also tried changing the launcher. It can be done, but when you swipe an app and hold it just dissapears instead of showing all the running apps. So it sort of works.

pramodppd

Feb 14, 2015
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel 2
The global version of the Legion phone 2 I bought from Giztop just showed up like 10 minutes ago. I haven't finished checking it out yet, but so far it looks like they have actually been able to put the global rom on the chinese version of the phone. Fingerprint works and so does the front camera which I think was an issue with the previous Legion phone. Here are some screenshots of what I have seen so far during setup
I do wonder, mine is Lenovo Legion 2 pro 16gb 512 gb with chinese rom how come duel 2 and pro 2 have same model number mine is also L70081. I believe yours might they installed global rom

toliveforever

May 19, 2015
I do wonder, mine is Lenovo Legion 2 pro 16gb 512 gb with chinese rom how come duel 2 and pro 2 have same model number mine is also L70081. I believe yours might they installed global rom
It is the Chinese phone that they changed the rom on. The box is in Chinese, the booklet in the box is in Chinese and the sticker on the back of the phone is in Chinese even.

toliveforever

May 19, 2015
12.5.102 ST, February 1 2021 security patch. Do you also have a problem with the Google search bar? I can't remove it. Also the camera and Legion app have a strange ZuiSkd name.

But further it's a great device. Very fast, great speakers, almost stock Android.
My version is 12.5.062. Does the always on display work properly in your version? I have the same issue with the Google search, which is annoying since it takes up alot of room. That reminds me, the camera app in the Global rom is way better than the Chinese version. It is faster and has a way better layout for image editing.

WhySoSeriousJoKer

Oct 22, 2013
Leeuwarden
My version is 12.5.062. Does the always on display work properly in your version? I have the same issue with the Google search, which is annoying since it takes up alot of room. That reminds me, the camera app in the Global rom is way better than the Chinese version. It is faster and has a way better layout for image editing.
I don't use always on display, but i can check it. What was the problem? Yeah i hate that search bar. I also tried to disable the Google app but the seach bar was only changed it white. Will try this tomorrow

Where there other differences with the Chinese rom?

Last edited:

toliveforever

May 19, 2015
I don't use always on display, but i can check it. What was the problem? Yeah i hate that search bar. I also tried to disable the Google app but the seach bar was only changed it white. Will try this tomorrow

Where there other differences with the Chinese rom?
The always on display turns itself off after a few seconds, which makes it pointless since it is supposed to be always on.

The Chinese rom has some built in apps for the phone, contacts and texting and alot of random Chinese preinstalled apps that are pointless unless you know Chinese of course. It also is slower at loading apps than the Global version. It is very noticeable with ebay and google news. However, it is not a true direct comparison since my phones have different ram and storage sizes. The Chinese rom also has a security thing that frees ram and kills apps even if you tell it not to. It also has an option to download more themes, which the Global version doesn't seem to have. Otherwise I can't think of many other differences. People say the Chinese rom will get more updates, but that is not worth it to me.

Reactions: WhySoSeriousJoKer

vitaly117

May 14, 2017
Chinese version with global rom is not the same as global version.

I dunno how is it for Duel 2, but i had Asus ROG II (Chinese version) and it simply missed some bands too (it was hdw difference between global and chinese rom) - but honestly i didn't find in real enviroment any difference (living in UK)

Edit:// Hope Lenovo will realese new global update, those notification are annoying AF! Like i absolutely dunno if i got some message, it just simply that icon dissappear from status bar, like wtf o_O, not mentioning still having issues with my hotspot, always have to use usb cable for hotspot, otherwise getting error >.<

Top Liked Posts