Question Lenovo Legion Y70 custom roms tested and working GSIs

Search This thread

dieuluucanh

Nov 30, 2022
Can confirm receiving text messages is now working. I did the following (same fix as other phones on GSI)

I don't know what fixed it exactly, it's possible only 1 of the below actions fixed it:

1. put my sim card in tray 2 instead of 1
2. In settings --> PHH Treble settings --> IMS Features --> Create IMS APN
3. In settings --> PHH Treble settings --> IMS Features --> Install IMS APK. Click it, then install the downloaded APK
4. In settings --> PHH Treble settings --> IMS Features --> Check Request IMS Network
5. In settings --> Network and Internet --> SIMs --> Preferred network type: 3G

Reboot

After doing the above, SMS text messaging is now working both sending and receiving.

As mentioned, it's possible only 1 of the above settings fixed it but now that it's working, I don't want to change anything because I'm using it as my daily driver.
well this doesn't work for me. Could you check and let me know your "Set preferred network type" in engineering mode by dial *#*#4636#*#* ?

dieuluucanh

Nov 30, 2022
well, I think I found the best solution for myself. Survive after several reboots, now I can use LTE with both SMS in/out, Call in/out except that only receive SMS for 2nd sim tray. Here are my notes:

Fix the Not receiving SMS error: (Can only fix the 2nd sim tray)
  • Put preferred sim to 2nd tray
  • Uninstall PHH IMS pak (if installed previously) by going into file manager app -> app -> uninstall aurora.ims
  • Deselect all options in PHH IMS section (if selected previously)
  • Reset APN (if create PHH APN previously)
  • Dial to Engineering mode (*#*#4636#*#*)-> Phone information ->
    • Phone 1 (Sim 2): set prefered network type to: NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA -> Wait 5 seconds -> Refresh SMSC -> Update SMSC
    • Phone 0 (Sim 1): set prefered network type to GSM/WCDM or NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA -> Wait 5 seconds -> Refresh SMSC -> Update SMSC
  • Reboot
Hope it helps

Reactions: lemon07r and sso003

fishy_500

Jan 28, 2020
Hello guys, planning to buy this phone because of the price. How was magisk? Can ZUI be patched boot or should I go and flash a GSI rom? I don't really mind either as long as there is root access.

sso003

Sep 3, 2012
Lenovo is discontinuing the Legion lineup.

Don't know how this will effect prices. I got mine for around 315USD on AliExpress. Took about 30 days for delivery.

Reactions: EdDouglas

sso003

Sep 3, 2012
I tried flashing magisk after installing and I tried flashing magisk on the gsi.img file but neither work. Just wondering how you went about getting magisk working.
I used the official instructions on the Magisk Github:

The device has a ramdisk (boot.img) and seperate vbmeta.img file . So I used the boot.img file, got a patched boot.img file via the magisk app, and flashed the patched boot.img file via fastboot flash boot. Was very straightforward. Didn't bother patching vbmeta as the root already worked without (it's listed as optional in the installation instructions).

barracuda3541

Apr 6, 2023
I'm probably just missing something but how do you get the boot.img without having a custom recovery or root to begin with. Couldn't find any guide that actually worked.

Dokeshipi

Apr 9, 2023
[SOLVED] Issue: Bootloop due to an installation faulty Magisk Module (Pixelify 2.2), No Custom Recovery

Can someone help me? My device is on a bootloop because of a Magisk Module. I can still access the recovery mode, the bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted but I can't enable USB debugging on.

List of devices attached
Device unauthorized

I appreciate any form of answers (I do apologize if my English is not that great because this is not my 1st language).

Last edited:

wjswnsgk0204

Feb 20, 2014
Hello, i installed Pixel Experience rom on my Y70. And got some issues..

1. Do you guys work Bluetooth Earset on your devices?

I could connect the earset but it didn’t make any sound

2. When i reboot my device, sometimes it has bootloop on Android logo.
And it can be solved by rebooting device

3. If i turn on ‘Use alternate camera profile’
( Setting -> PHH treble setting -> Qualcomm features )
The devices is getting softbrick.
Only wiping data on recovery can solve it.

4. There is no option to set auto brightness

I didn’t set USIM in this device yet, it is hard to use for main phone..

hampter

Apr 15, 2023
Hello, i installed Pixel Experience rom on my Y70. And got some issues..

1. Do you guys work Bluetooth Earset on your devices?

I could connect the earset but it didn’t make any sound

2. When i reboot my device, sometimes it has bootloop on Android logo.
And it can be solved by rebooting device

3. If i turn on ‘Use alternate camera profile’
( Setting -> PHH treble setting -> Qualcomm features )
The devices is getting softbrick.
Only wiping data on recovery can solve it.

4. There is no option to set auto brightness

I didn’t set USIM in this device yet, it is hard to use for main phone..
1.If bluetooth calls or bluetooth media do not work well for you, make sure you have the "Use System Wide BT HAL" checkbox enabled on the Misc page of Treble App. If not, enable and reboot.

2. turn off the phone, when booting hold volume + until u get into recovery, then reboot without accidentally pausing boot(just release button as soon as picture dissapears)

4. Velis Auto Brightness app could help

Last edited:

hampter

Apr 15, 2023
I'm probably just missing something but how do you get the boot.img without having a custom recovery or root to begin with. Couldn't find any guide that actually worked.
guys on 4pda actually have a lot of guides for this phone like how to install gsi, fix sms on gsi, root, undervolt and so on(but its all in russian so use google translate XD)

roasm

May 4, 2016
Hi,
I want to debloat the stock ROM using the LeBigMac script to make /system partition r/w but it requires ADB and I am unable to activate it on my computer.

What I did:
1) Enable USB debugging in the developer options
2) Install some Qualcomm drivers

Result:
I have this devices in Windows Device Manager but no ADB interface:
QDSS Data 9060
QDSS Control 9060
Qualcomm USB Composite Device 9060
Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9060

How to activate ADB on Lenovo Legion Y70?

Help!

roasm

May 4, 2016
Well, I solved the ADB problem (I have Win7):
1) go to Windows Update

2) download any of the lemobile .cab drivers shown (they are in fact the same driver shown multiple times)

3) extract files from .cab with Winrar for example

4) from Windows Device Manager update the driver with this hardware id:
USB\VID_05C6&PID_9060&REV_0510&MI_03
USB\VID_05C6&PID_9060&MI_03

Voila, ADB working!

jimbi87

Sep 23, 2013
Hello I bougth this device too
It is a little tricky, I guess...

I received it with a store modified rom. Try to change to a GSI one, but I got a infinite bootloop as result. Luckily, I can restore the official chinesse rom with the unbrick tutorial from @sso003 (thanks a lot!).
With that, I updated the official firmware from 555 to 697, and this the GSIs runs correctly. I tried a few of them: PE+, CrDroid, Evolution, Project Elixir and Lineage. But I can´t fix the issue with sms on any of them. The PE+ rom obtain sms at first boot, but when update anything or install a few apps, the funtion is lost (this is weird) I followed the tutorial for 4pda in russian and there for fix it, and neither was good.
For last I tried to change the kernel boot and path magisk (4pda tutorial) and bricked the phone again...
I am at the point of official 772 and I will try install GSI again (Chinesse ZUI is impossible to use for me) I hope have more fortune that before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the Lenovo Legion Y70 doesn't have it's own section, I'm posting this here.

The Legion Y70 unfortunately doesn't have a global rom, only CN. Luckily, it ships with the bootloader unlockable straight out of the box. I've tested several GSIs listed here, and they all work! This phone is great value considering the high end specs, so it's great to know we can install customs roms on it.

No hardware issues aside from adaptive brightness; doesn't work because the GSIs are missing the device overlay.

vndklite images do not boot! Just the ARM64-ab images boot (non-vndklite).

I've tested the following GSIs:
    Lineage 20 (Andy Yan)
    PHHusson Android 12.1
    TrebleDroid 13
    Pixel Experience

All working with some bugs. Namely SMS and phone calls randomly stop working! :cowboy:
    does anyone have the stock rom for download v14.0.772???
    It's an update, not a full build.
    well, I think I found the best solution for myself. Survive after several reboots, now I can use LTE with both SMS in/out, Call in/out except that only receive SMS for 2nd sim tray. Here are my notes:

Fix the Not receiving SMS error: (Can only fix the 2nd sim tray)
    • Put preferred sim to 2nd tray
    • Uninstall PHH IMS pak (if installed previously) by going into file manager app -> app -> uninstall aurora.ims
    • Deselect all options in PHH IMS section (if selected previously)
    • Reset APN (if create PHH APN previously)
    • Dial to Engineering mode (*#*#4636#*#*)-> Phone information ->
      • Phone 1 (Sim 2): set prefered network type to: NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA -> Wait 5 seconds -> Refresh SMSC -> Update SMSC
      • Phone 0 (Sim 1): set prefered network type to GSM/WCDM or NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA -> Wait 5 seconds -> Refresh SMSC -> Update SMSC
    • Reboot
    Hope it helps
    Hello @Suriem , please find a scrubbed QCN file from my end. I have replaced both the numbers, I hope this is OK and not illegal to do. I love this phone and really want to help people who are using it.
    I can say , Global rom was tragic , insane high automatic restarts and stucks , lucky changed to chinese stock rom , but there is same problem , phone restarting after get messenger call notification, same as global rom , just chinese more stable and no random stucks or restarts , just geting restart at fb call