Question Lenovo Legion Y70 custom roms tested and working GSIs

Search This thread

sso003

Sep 3, 2012
@sso003 ,

When you received your AliExpress Y70 was the bootloader already unlocked with a prompt on boot or did you unlock it yourself through fastboot? The reason I ask is I have plans to purchase a Y70, but I would like to make sure the loader doesn't need an sn.img to unlock it like the previous generation of Lenovo devices require. Has anyone had issues unlocking a Y70?
The bootloader was not unlocked. In développer options you can enable bootloader unlock / OEM unlock.

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
The bootloader was not unlocked. In développer options you can enable bootloader unlock / OEM unlock.
Already unlocked it, the sn.img is not a requirement like previous Legion models. Have encountered rather odd occurrences since unlocking the device and will document it shortly so people who happen to acquire one of these don't end up borking it during the flashing process - which you have briefly outlined (there are important steps you did not cover).

Last edited:

lemon07r

Apr 8, 2013
Has anyone clean flashed their device from .772 back to .697 via QFIL successfully?
Yup. Had to do it after bricking my device. QFIL pretty much wipes everything and can flash from anything. Its a complete reset.

Does anyone know how to fix receiving and sending mms on stock rom? Im with Rogers Canada for phone plan, and MMS doesn't work for me.. SMS and calls work fine.. data works fine too if I eject the sim tray and put it back in on every reboot. Im gonna have to switch gsi rom at this rate but I like the stock rom way more.

The stock ROM after debloating is pretty amazing. Did some light debloating and was getting around 9 hours of SOT or more on one charge, and that's with the super battery healthy thing turned on (so didn't charge past 90%). GPU is also undevolted with konabess, and a newer version adreno driver is installed with magisk but those are the only mods I have aside from youtube vanced and unlimited google photos. This is with heavy usage too, Im on my phone all day and use pretty draining apps, like dual instances of discord (to use two accounts at once) and near max brightness (dc dimming turned on, auto brightness turned off cause its way too aggressively dim for me). Would only get 5-6 hours of SOT on my k40 pro, oneplus 6, and oppo ace2.

Screenshot_20230528-113203.jpg

Last edited:

kata48

May 29, 2023
Please tell me how to downgrade y70 from zui14 to zui13 I am using machine translation.sorry.

lemon07r

Apr 8, 2013
Call audio is broken in project elixir 3.7 and 3.8. Confirmed by me and a few others. Seems to be a problem with various gsi roms based on the newer versions of the Trebledroid builder's AOSP GSI rom.

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
GSI(s) are a half baked solution for any device. Considering there is a device tree available for this, one is left to wonder if GKI is how the kernel source will be managed? Would much prefer putting an effort towards a custom ROM compared to anything GSI related.

ojarana

Aug 6, 2013
Since the Lenovo Legion Y70 doesn't have it's own section, I'm posting this here.

The Legion Y70 unfortunately doesn't have a global rom, only CN. Luckily, it ships with the bootloader unlockable straight out of the box. I've tested several GSIs listed here, and they all work! This phone is great value considering the high end specs, so it's great to know we can install customs roms on it.

No hardware issues aside from adaptive brightness; doesn't work because the GSIs are missing the device overlay.

vndklite images do not boot! Just the ARM64-ab images boot (non-vndklite).

I've tested the following GSIs:
Lineage 20 (Andy Yan)
PHHusson Android 12.1
TrebleDroid 13
Pixel Experience

All working great! :cowboy:
any have a tutorial or can help to instructions? my first change rom and is complex to me.

Blogis

Mar 4, 2013
I can say , Global rom was tragic , insane high automatic restarts and stucks , lucky changed to chinese stock rom , but there is same problem , phone restarting after get messenger call notification, same as global rom , just chinese more stable and no random stucks or restarts , just geting restart at fb call

chris198x

Jun 9, 2023
Hi there, I was on what I assumed was the fake global ROM, but it let me update to .772. But notifications weren't working and I couldn't get wireless data to work so I thought I would try reflashing stock firmware. I flashed .697 by following a guide on here, but when I boot the phone it says "This device is corrupt" and goes into fastboot mode. It says the bootloader is locked and I can't boot into recovery mode either. Anyone have any suggestions? Hopefully I didn't hard-brick it...

Thanks

chris198x

Jun 9, 2023
@chris198x ,
Did you make any backups, like other guides suggest?

I did not, unfortunately. It was pretty much new and I didn't have any data that I wanted to save, but now that I think about it I should have in order to have the right files in case something went wrong. FWIW, QFIL will still let me re-flash the .697 firmware, not sure if that means anything. But even if I do reflash it I still get the "phone is corrupt" error unofrtunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the Lenovo Legion Y70 doesn't have it's own section, I'm posting this here.

The Legion Y70 unfortunately doesn't have a global rom, only CN. Luckily, it ships with the bootloader unlockable straight out of the box. I've tested several GSIs listed here, and they all work! This phone is great value considering the high end specs, so it's great to know we can install customs roms on it.

No hardware issues aside from adaptive brightness; doesn't work because the GSIs are missing the device overlay.

vndklite images do not boot! Just the ARM64-ab images boot (non-vndklite).

I've tested the following GSIs:
    Lineage 20 (Andy Yan)
    PHHusson Android 12.1
    TrebleDroid 13
    Pixel Experience

All working with some bugs. Namely SMS and phone calls randomly stop working! :cowboy:
    well, I think I found the best solution for myself. Survive after several reboots, now I can use LTE with both SMS in/out, Call in/out except that only receive SMS for 2nd sim tray. Here are my notes:

Fix the Not receiving SMS error: (Can only fix the 2nd sim tray)
    • Put preferred sim to 2nd tray
    • Uninstall PHH IMS pak (if installed previously) by going into file manager app -> app -> uninstall aurora.ims
    • Deselect all options in PHH IMS section (if selected previously)
    • Reset APN (if create PHH APN previously)
    • Dial to Engineering mode (*#*#4636#*#*)-> Phone information ->
      • Phone 1 (Sim 2): set prefered network type to: NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA -> Wait 5 seconds -> Refresh SMSC -> Update SMSC
      • Phone 0 (Sim 1): set prefered network type to GSM/WCDM or NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA -> Wait 5 seconds -> Refresh SMSC -> Update SMSC
    • Reboot
    Hope it helps
    does anyone have the stock rom for download v14.0.772???
    It's an update, not a full build.
    Hello @Suriem , please find a scrubbed QCN file from my end. I have replaced both the numbers, I hope this is OK and not illegal to do. I love this phone and really want to help people who are using it.
    I can say , Global rom was tragic , insane high automatic restarts and stucks , lucky changed to chinese stock rom , but there is same problem , phone restarting after get messenger call notification, same as global rom , just chinese more stable and no random stucks or restarts , just geting restart at fb call