• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Lenovo P12 Pro Android 12L Developer Preview Program (TB-Q706F)

Search This thread

MrCrayon

Sep 6, 2013
Just read the news https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12l-developer-preview-1-lenovo-p12-pro/

It looks like it's still on early stage but here is the link for instructions and download:

• The first large screen optimized Android OS with new APIs for application developers to provide a better app usage
    experience in landscape mode, including easier multitasking, system UI optimization and more.
  • Security patch updated to 2021-11-01
  • Android 12L DP1 image is available.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
WORD OF WARNING!!
DO NOT USE THE LENOVO SMART RECOVERY ON THE CHINESE XIAOXIN VARIENT. If you flash the P12 firmware to the XIOAXIN Variant you will be stuck in the boot loader with no access to Recovery or ADB.

Slimerang

Jun 2, 2011
I actually did use the Lenovo RSA (Recovery and Smart Assistant) on my Xiaoxin variant trying to get it to something more English-based. Didn't work w/ what RSA downloaded which was TB_Q706F_USR_S211043_2111300010_Q00243_ROW which showed up recently. Flash happened w/o problems but upon reboot it was not happy and said H/W was incompatible and then powered off. I got it back into fastboot and was about to reflash 12L.

I was able to get into recovery and my Linux laptop was able to push 12L to it even though adb said device was unauthorized. Maybe that was because I had used it on that laptop before? Idk, I just used recovery to go into fastboot mode and then all the fastboot flash/erase commands worked fine.

mardon85

Jan 8, 2009
Manchester
I actually did use the Lenovo RSA (Recovery and Smart Assistant) on my Xiaoxin variant trying to get it to something more English-based. Didn't work w/ what RSA downloaded which was TB_Q706F_USR_S211043_2111300010_Q00243_ROW which showed up recently. Flash happened w/o problems but upon reboot it was not happy and said H/W was incompatible and then powered off. I got it back into fastboot and was about to reflash 12L.

I was able to get into recovery and my Linux laptop was able to push 12L to it even though adb said device was unauthorized. Maybe that was because I had used it on that laptop before? Idk, I just used recovery to go into fastboot mode and then all the fastboot flash/erase commands worked fine.
That's great news at least you're tablet isn't useless?!

I believe they may be releasing the final updated for android 12L via ota. (there is a post on the Lenovo forums). If you're lucky this may be a back door to an eventual better rom than the Chinese junk. To clarify it's not the fault of the language that is the issue with the Chinese rom it's the problems with the security app, lack of open CL, broken sound in key apps (JustPlayer) and missing DTS codec which is present on the 2021 Pad Pro 11"