Lenovo S5 Pro - L58041 (Global) [2020.03.21]

Search This thread

judas.cradle

Mar 5, 2014
Hi to all!

I managed to install Pixel Experience 10 and Magisk 20.3.

For PE 10, Im not satisfied because of some glitches and Magisk 20.3 is kinda lacking of some useful modules.
I've downloaded various GSI Treble , Arm 64, A only Roms but all of them stuck me at boot loop or QUALCOMM Crashdump mode.

Can someone share some links of Working Roms with matching Magisk app?
It will be very helpful to me and this community..
Thanks!

bayubonggo

May 8, 2016
Turn on your phone, enable USB debugging in Developer settings, connect the phone to the PC and from your PC's terminal enter fastboot mode.

In your terminal type:
adb shell
reboot recovery or reboot fastboot
i have been trying this method and still cant enter fasboot mode. it seems the fasboot mode disappear :(
its always reboot into system again. please help any other solution ?

okampeu

Mar 31, 2022
Hi all, it's been ages since i joined XDA and now I am signing as a new member..hehe (forgot my old user name).

I am posting this brief comment just to share some useful commands that works with our device.

edl mode via adb>
adb devices
adb reboot edl

to relock bootloader>
fastboot flashing lock

use sdk platform tools
hope it helps, thanks!

Reactions: Halwer

weebkent

Apr 17, 2022
Hi all, it's been ages since i joined XDA and now I am signing as a new member..hehe (forgot my old user name).

I am posting this brief comment just to share some useful commands that works with our device.

edl mode via adb>
adb devices
adb reboot edl

to relock bootloader>
fastboot flashing lock

use sdk platform tools
hope it helps, thanks!
i read this and stupidly put in the command without reading anything beforehand and now im stuck in EDL, phone wont boot, what should i do?

edit: nvm, found the solution. im stuck at the bootloader part, using the fastboot flash command i only get <waiting for device>, help :c

edit 2: also nvm, i managed to get past it, will edit again if i find another wall

edit 3: i am now at the TRWP section and i cant seem to trigger the fastboot flash command
unknown partition 'yes.img'
error: cannot determine image filename for 'yes.img'

(i renamed the file)

edit 4: got past that as well, now im at the root section... not really sure how im supposed to do it, it seems like magisk manager didn't install

edit 5: help, i pressed power volume up and down at the same time and now my device wont boot, i think i might have bricked it. in device manager it shows up as QUSB_BULK

EDIT 6: alright, fixed it, was a bit wheezy, but to anyone unfortunate enough in this position do this: power button + volume up and hold it for a while, that should work

edit 7: okay, this was an actual journey full of up and downs and im finally near the end, the last thing i need to do is download a GSI. im choosing the google one but im not sure which one im supposed to download. do i get aosp_arm64, aosp_arm64_ab, or aosp_of_arm64_phone?

Last edited:

weebkent

Apr 17, 2022
Help, it seems ive bricked the system and im stuck at a Qualcomm CrashDump Mode, ive been searching for a while for a solution but it hasn't worked.

Halwer

Aug 29, 2013
Hungary
Help, it seems ive bricked the system and im stuck at a Qualcomm CrashDump Mode, ive been searching for a while for a solution but it hasn't worked.
Hi,

Simply reflash the stock ROM. Follow the guide in this topic.

Even, if you got this message you are able to put the phone into download mode (EDL).

weebkent

Apr 17, 2022
Hi,

Simply reflash the stock ROM. Follow the guide in this topic.

Even, if you got this message you are able to put the phone into download mode (EDL).
I actually managed to fix the issue by just loading from a backup and reinstalling the rom... I think the issue might be from updating the Magisk module to the latest version since when I did that and reboot it put me into CrashDump. Installing the Android 10 rom with the new version also puts me into CrashDump, but using the custom one I can run it fine, kind of.

Now I have installed an Android 10 rom and I have a different issue, it seems like some apps have their menus flicker a lot. I've seen Discord and Youtube have this, is there any fix for this? If not I might go back to stock rom, though I am kinda lost on how to do that.

Edit: forgot to mention that when I tried to flash the stock rom I got an Error 7. Didn't really know how to fix that so I went with the backup route.

Last edited:

okampeu

Mar 31, 2022
Which tool are you using? I've used QFIL from within the QPST package, works perfectly. I am now using the Chinese stock Pie Rom.
While I was using custom roms, I found out that most of them had troublesome issues. The more (close to) stable ones are CrdROM, LOSQ and the one from e Foundation (see first posting).

edit: you should be aware that flashing roms on laptop can be very frustrating, use a desktop and use the usb port at the back of the cpu.

weebkent

Apr 17, 2022
Which tool are you using? I've used QFIL from within the QPST package, works perfectly. I am now using the Chinese stock Pie Rom.
While I was using custom roms, I found out that most of them had troublesome issues. The more (close to) stable ones are CrdROM, LOSQ and the one from e Foundation (see first posting).
honestly i just used TWRP since I didn't know what QFIL was, will try that out instead tommorow and hopefully it'll work, or maybe i'll try a different rom since I haven't settled on one thing yet

Halwer

Aug 29, 2013
Hungary
honestly i just used TWRP since I didn't know what QFIL was, will try that out instead tommorow and hopefully it'll work, or maybe i'll try a different rom since I haven't settled on one thing yet
I'm glad that everybody figured out how to restore their devices.

I am also using developer eremitein's ROMs on my devices.

Reactions: okampeu

okampeu

Mar 31, 2022
If you wish to resort back on a stock rom, use Qualcomm flash tool (QFIL/QPST), this is the proper tool and will cure/get rid of all faults from the device. You may want to check on some video tutorials on how to properly use it.

weebkent

Apr 17, 2022
If you wish to resort back on a stock rom, use Qualcomm flash tool (QFIL/QPST), this is the proper tool and will cure/get rid of all faults from the device. You may want to check on some video tutorials on how to properly use it.
will do. i think i might just swap back to stock rom then and just add whatever other functionality i need through magisk

Reactions: okampeu

okampeu

Mar 31, 2022
USB port hub, most laptops had version 3.0. you will only end up in errors. Use a USB port hub of lower version like in most desktop pc's. Technically I have no idea why is that but I'm guessing it has to do with speed in communicating with the device in plug.

weebkent

Apr 17, 2022
USB port hub, most laptops had version 3.0. you will only end up in errors. Use a USB port hub of lower version like in most desktop pc's. Technically I have no idea why is that but I'm guessing it has to do with speed in communicating with the device in plug.
so i'll have to find either a usb hub with a lower version of usb or just find a desktop pc with that? hmm... do you reckon a windows xp laptop would work?

okampeu

Mar 31, 2022
so i'll have to find either a usb hub with a lower version of usb or just find a desktop pc with that? hmm... do you reckon a windows xp laptop would work?
it should if it is an older model...it won't hurt to try just make sure that installed device drivers and other necessary stuff supports WinXP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to this little thread in which I'll provide every useful information about this device based on my and other users's experiences. If you know something, that I didn't mention, please reply to this thread in order to help out each other even more effectively. Thanks and pleasant reading!

The Lenovo S5 Pro is a very decent mid-ranger with good specs and even better pricing. We all know, that chinese manufacturers tend to install bloatware on their products time to time. In our case, Lenovo didn't release a single update since 2018 Novemer to this device. It means, that it came out with Android 8.1 Oreo (2018 November Security Patch) and left untouched. This is even worse, than Meizu which is famous for it's neglecting policy of software updates for global users. Now, that we know all this, it's not a surprise, that we are here on our favourite developer forum.

*** General information | Links | Downloads | Credits ***

The official global firmware is now saved and available (thanks to our forum member nikosddesign) here: download & link to the post

Everything you will possibly need (PC software, drivers, stock camera app, VoLTE modem etc...) is available in this Yandex Disk, you just have to navigate to each one. (Most of the content is in russian, since Yandex is the russian Google, but it's not hard to find the files you'll need).

The previous links and the following tutorials are only available, because suninterbru (from 4pda forums) and radiationofthenation provided these informations and the tutorials, also so much thanks to everybody on the 4pda forums, who provided useful information and files, большое спасибо!

Even though the bootloader unlock, TWRP install and rooting should not cause data loss, be careful and create a backup. You can back up only your files and data or your whole ROM, it's up to you.

Please note, that after you've unlocked your bootloader, everytime your reboot or turn on your phone a warning will pop up during the boot process for about 1 second. On Android 9.0 Pie vendor the message pops up for about 5 seconds. The warning is about the side effects of modifying the system software and it also says, that it is not recommended to store any personal data on your device anymore. Please ignore this message, since it's only popping up, because manufacturers usually don't like, if you modify your device.

Pro tip: If you keep pressing your power button for a little longer you can skip the alert and boot faster.

*** Bootloader unlock ***

Please note, that your warranty will become invalid/void after you unlock your bootloader or root your device.

0. In your device's developer settings enable bootloader/OEM unlock and USB debugging.
    1. Visit the official ZUI bootloader unlock website.
    2. Enter your IMEI1 number in the first field. (You can find your IMEI numbers in Settings\About or in the dialer enter: *#06#).
    3. Enter your serial number in the second field. (You can find your serial number in the fastboot menu). The one in the settings is not good in this case! (To access the fastboot menu, turn off your phone, then press the power button and after you see your screen light up, immediately press the volume down (-) button or while it's turned on and USB Debugging is enabled, simply type in the terminal/cmd ,,adb reboot bootloader").
    4. In the next field enter your email adress. (Please note, that Tutanota won't work, Gmail is recommended or other not secure email providers).
    5. Enter the verification numbers in the last field.
    6. Tick the checkbox.
    8. Click on the blue button.
    7. Now check your inbox and/or spam folder, because Lenovo just sent you your custom sn.img, only for your phone.
    8. Save the sn.img to your PC and install ADB drivers system-wide. (Thank you Snoop05 for your work)!
    9. Open a terminal/cmd on Windows. You should be in the same directory, where your sn.img file is, with the terminal. To change directories type ,,cd your directory goes here" and hit ENTER.
    10. Run the following commands:
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot flash unlock sn.img
    - fastboot oem unlock-go
    11. Congratulations! Your bootloader is now unlocked!

*** TWRP Recovery ***
    1. Download the .img file from here.
    2. The steps are similar to the bootloader unlocking:
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot flash ,,downloaded" .img
    - After the flashing is done DON'T reboot to the system, instead navigate to the ,,Reboot Recovery or Recovery Reboot" option and select it. (Volume keys and power key - you know the drill) This will ensure, that the TWRP Recovery doesn't get ereased on reboot(s)!
    3. After you've successfully rebooted into TWRP, you should root your device with Magisk, to prevent the recovery erasure!

*** ROOT ***
    1. The good old SuperSU is no longer in the picture, but don't worry a new player is in the game. Download Magisk from here. (Thank your for your work topjohnwu)!
    2. After you've downloaded the flashable .zip copy it to the main directory/root of your device.
    3. Reboot to TWRP.
    4. Click install, select the flashable .zip file.
    5. The installation process should start.
    6. Reboot, after finished.
    7. Check if Magisk Manager is installed or not, if yes tap and update it.
    8. If you did not succeed, please check the Magisk topic for solutions or reply to this thread.

*** Factory reset | Stock ROM | Unbrick | LOST IMEI/PERSIST/EFS | QCN BACKUP/RESTORE ***

!!! NEVER EVER TICK ,,ERASE ALL BEFORE DOWNLOAD" IN QFIL, OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR IMEI AND THE ABILITY TO CONNECT TO MOBILE NETWORKS !!!

If you accidentally clicked on that option you will have to restore someone elses QCN backup. (It will not work, if you backup your own QCN and rewrite your IMEI and restore it, so do not waste your time with that)! Luckily, a member of the 4PDA forums published their qcn backup. (большое спасибо geepnozeex)! QCN backup for Lenovo S5 Pro. (I modified the link, because the original one is no longer valid)

1. Download the linked QCN file.
    2. Make sure, that you are on one of the Stock ROMs, however the recommended ROM is this one.
    3. You will have to be rooted to put your device in diagnostics mode. To do that, follow this tutorial.
    4. You will have to edit the QCN file with HxD, in order to write your own IMEI into.
    5. Open the file with HxD and search for 08 8A 76 06 06 14 57 95 32. This is the IMEI 2. You will have to insert your IMEI 2 from the box here, but first you will have to convert it into Hexadecimal numbers.
    6. Convert your IMEIs into Hexadecimal numbers here.
    7. You will have to rewrite and insert your values insted of the previous one.
    8. Search for 08 8A 76 06 06 04 67 98 72. This is IMEI 1. Convert your IMEI 1 into Hexadecimal numbers, too and replace.
    9. Save the file (Ctrl + s)
    10. Open QFIL and click on Tools, then QCN Backup/Restore.
    11. Choose the QCN file, you wrote your IMEI into.
    12. Click on Restore QCN.
    13. There is a chance, that the process/progress bar won't finish till the end. No problem, just reboot to EDL mode through TWRP/Advanced and restore the recommended stock ROM.
    14. You should have everything working fine, now.

To factory reset or unbrick your device, follow this tutorial on 4PDA. [Don't panic you don't have to know russian, just follow the instructions on the pictures! To see the pictures, click on the bold text.] ,,(спойлер (+) (Инструкция по прошивке)" ~ or ~ Download any of the previously linked STOCK ROMs to your device's main folder and flash them through TWRP. Most of them are in flashable .zip formats and should work well. A simple factory reset in TWRP is recommended before installing any of the ROMs, be careful this action will erease your data from your phone!

(Please note, that most of the time you'll have to use the QPST/QFIL method, because the flashable .zip files always expect a specific vendor version, usually a lower one, so you can upgrade with flashable .zips, but possibly can't downgrade, so you have to use QFIL)!

*** GSI custom ROMs ***

Our device is arm64-aonly, so please only use according GSIs. Note, that I will link only those GSIs, which are booted successfully on my device!

~ phhusson's official GSI list: here
    ~ phhusson's AOSP GSI (Android Open Source Project): here
    ~ developerluke's ExpressLuke GSIs: here
    ~ eremitein's CAOS GSI Project: here
    ~ eremiten's LOSQ GSI Project: here
    ~ igors1974's Amber GSIs: here
    ~ tunasahinn's and yek4perf's Tunahan's GSI builds: here
    ~ mrsshunt3r's albus-gsi: here

Note, that you should keep up with the developments and update your system, if needed! These are just a few GSIs, that I've tested personally on my phone, but you can always keep up with the latest news and try new GSIs out, thanks to phhusson's official GSI list!

*** How to flash an Android 10 GSI ***

1. Download the latest custom phh-magisk from here. (Thank you developerluke and phhusson)!
    2. Download the latest Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt from here. (Thank you Zackptg5 and others)!
    3. Download your desired GSI.
    4. You can flash from an USB-OTG flash drive or from the storage of your phone. (I personally have a dedicated USB for this purpose).
    4.1 If you are coming from stock ROM you will most likely need to Format Data in this step, because the Disabler won't be able to decrypt the data and, that will cause a stuck at the boot logo!
    4.2 Reboot Recovery
    5. In TWRP perform a normal factory reset
    6. Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt. (Cache wipe is optional).
    7. Flash your GSI image.
    8. Format Data (Skip this step if you already did this in 4.1)!
    9. Reboot Recovery (Skip this step, too if you already did this in 4.2)!
    10. Flash Magisk-phh
    (11. Wipe cache/dalvik).
    12. Reboot System
    13. Enjoy!

*** Possible GSI bugs ***

Please note, that bugs can differ/vary on different GSIs, the numbers are not fully accurate!

1. The default camera app will work, however it doesn't support HDR, panorama or portrait modes. It also can't record in 4K resolution. Freezing is also possible. ~ 50%
    2. First time, when you open the camera it'll stuck on loading, but after you go back and open it again it will work flawlessly. ~ 50%
    3. No audio/microphone during phone calls. ~ 15%

*** Guaranteed GSI bugs***
    1. The infrared face unlocking will not work, only fingerprint authentication is working. ~ 100%
    2. You won't be able to charge your device while it's turned off, after you plug it in, it will automatically boot up. ~ 100%
    3. Auto brightness. ~ 100% (There is a fix for auto brightness below)!

*** Camera fix (GSI) ***

(If you get ,,serious camera error" or your camera freezes on HDR)

1. Download a custom camera app, where you can manually adjust the ISO level.
    2. With OpenCamera, for example you have to adjust ISO to 800 and never above, because your camera will freeze!
    3. So, always keep ISO 800 or under. With these settings even HDR shots are working!

*** Auto brightness (GSI) ***
    1. Download framework-res__auto_generated_rro.apk from this thread.
    2. Follow the instructions, which are described in this post. (You will need to have root to use ,,su" commands).
    3. Thank you MishaalRahman and kAs1m for the apk and the instructions!
    hello
    thanks for your guide
    I unlocked bootloader and installed recovery twrp

I saw many GSI roms in the list
    witch is the best gsi rom for this smartphone???
    thanks
    Hello!

For the last couple of months I use developer eremitein's custom GSI builds.

Link to his GitHub Wiki.

I can recommend LOSQ, which is based on LineageOS, it is very nice and stable with fair customizability options.

I use crDROM right now. It is more customizeable, than LOSQ, if you are into that.

CAOS is the most barebones version of phhusson's builds and I don't recommend that.

BLESS was not my cup of tee to be honest, just like qiDroid, but maybe you will like them. :)
    Hello
    I HAVE a LOT of great news. I have the Official Global Firmware
    Lenovo L58041 8.1.0 android
    version 3.9.062ST
    I do not bring any responsibility for your mobile
    Whatever happens is at your own responsibility.

If you are in what new version it would be good to downgrade the system.
    by 8.1.0 version (123rd last)
    The way you can install firmware image:
    With TWRP and the restoring Backup
    Device doesn't open and stuck to the logo.
    The best way to open the device is
    To install the image files from the TWRP folder
    system_image.emmc.win
    boot.emmc.win
    firmware._image.emmc.win
    vendor_image.emmc.win
    Screenshot_2019-12-21-01-15-04.pngScreenshot_2019-12-21-01-15-21.pngScreenshot_2019-12-21-01-15-26.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-20-18-51-24-0115933619.jpgScreenshot_2019-12-20-19-20-24-1744636722.pngScreenshot_2019-12-20-18-50-22-2138701841.jpgScreenshot_2019-12-20-18-50-13-1433906869.png
    Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmS6Qb6r9_1Zmkomvm0On0zzWAoC?e=nkemke :good:

sorry my bad english use traslator...
    Hi nikosddesign

Thank you for the backup of global rom.
    All working perfect except calls, no voice on calls...

Sorry for my bad english

Hello
    some times it happened to me too. i just went up on android 9 and restoring the backup boot,system, only.
    and if not.
    Flash 8.1 qpst and restored only the two partitios I mentioned
    Hello, I'm flashing stock rom of this device in qfil, I'm kinda curious. What's the difference between the two files? Specifically the ddr and lite?
    Hi,

This was explained in a forum I found somewhere once on the internet, but in a nutshell you will always need ddr.elf for this device.