• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lenovo S660 Flashing Guide

how's the guide

• good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • acceptable

• bad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Naineesh

May 7, 2013
vashi,navi mumbai
www.facebook.com
*This guide is for getting back alive a phone from soft brick issue/Boot loop*
*Note: I am not responsible for any kind of damage to your phone.*
*Because whatever is done, is done by you*
*Read the guide totally before flashing*
*Just follow the instructions properly*

Firstly download & extract MT6582 USB VCOM drivers from the internet

Get the zip of flashing tool & firmware from here

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3zai8xX-XsycnNGUmpMUkNjcmc (Don't own this link :) )

Now you are ready move on for the upcoming process.

1. Now Extract the Lenovo_S660_ROW_S062_141126_(by_xdafirmware.com).zip
2. Then go into the extracted folder and open the Sp flash tool folder.
3. Then open flash_tool.exe from it.
4. Select scatter loading
5. Go inside the extracted folder and go inside the Firmware folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt
6. Now you will see all files loaded. :)

Be sure you have selected the download only option, never use others!! , if you face a problem tell me

7. As you select the scatter text the software gets all the necessary files that are needed for flashing, it’s because they are in the same folder, so now we can directly continue towards main flashing.

Main flashing
1. Make sure your usb cable is ok.
2. (Confirmation) this guide is for softbrick phones.
Now when you are totally ready.
1. Remove the battery of the phone.
2. now try connecting the phone without battery, keep the device manager open, and the connect the cable to the phone, if you see installing usbvcom driver you are good to go, if you didn't see anything then try with (battery) mostly in my case it was without battery.
i am unsure. please check it. it won't harm your phone, but don't try while flashing try it before flashing. Don't try anything while flashing!!, once you find the method, your computer will be installing driver.(keep the device manager open for better understanding. (if you are still unsure of something, don't start flashing) Ask me anything on facebook - for instant response.
3. once you have installed the driver, and ready to move on.
4. Then click the download button on the software flash tool.
5. Now in seconds it will load files and it will wait for your phone to connect, it will show searching.
7. So now its time for flashing.
Now connect the phone with usb cable(without battery/with battery you have to find out before flashing), it will start flashing, do not make any mistake of removing cable, or else it may hard brick your phone, the download will start if there are no other issues, and total flashing time would be 6 or 10 minutes.
If the flashing went all ok, with no problems then it will show Download Ok.(message Box)

8. Now finally after flashing is 100% done and see download ok, disconnect the phone from the usb cable and remove and re-insert the battery, and power it on, Happy Flashing  :angel:

Guide By Naineesh Rathod
www.facebook.com/naineeshvrathod
XDA Name - Naineesh
Please hit thanks if it helped

Last edited:

Manavrupareliya

Feb 7, 2016
I m facing bootloop on s660 maine nav.bar build prop ki tweak se build.prop main edit karke nav.bar enble kia tha then now voh muje nikal na tha to maine build.prop main jo line edit ki thi voh maine vaha se delet kar di then reboot kia fir bhi nav.bar nikla nahi isliye maine frnds se pucha usne bol build.prop hain tere pass uka backup maine bola ha hain to us ne bola es file expl se usko vaha pe laga to maine copy past kia the 3 ops maine overwirte pe click kia then after phone reboot kia to now bootloop ho raha hain plz help me out