• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lenovo S960 Vibe X

Search This thread

kazman86

Feb 24, 2011
I have bought a Lenovo Vibe X and love the device. I recently got it rooted and thought that now everything will be great and i will be able to use the phone as my primary phone. Unfortunally I cant get Google apps to work. It makes me crazy. Iv tried to just install the APK:s but google services just crashes all the time. Google play starts but terminates.

BTW I rooted it with Vroot. http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot

What I can understand from reading on different sites is that I need a speciall rom or a CWM custom made for this model to push in Gapps? Have I gotten it right?

Have some one got it to work on this phone.

Reactions: zb_senay

zb_senay

Feb 20, 2014
Help

:confused:

I have the same problem can you plz help with a CUSTOM ROM for Lenovo vibe x (S960),
I cant get Google apps and can not flash to another custom ROM.
It makes me crazy.

Please HELP!!!!
:confused::confused::confused::crying::crying::crying:

flavien317

Aug 22, 2012
The Viber X has some problem now and they try to fix. A contact told me this. Wait a little.

m7chel

Mar 1, 2014
hello,

i have a Lenovo s960 , apps Google work, multilanguage,root access.
here my info :

android vers: 4.2.2
version bande: S960.V9, 2013/08/28 15H08
Built : S960_S130_131029

Reactions: huynhmobile

adelsahl

Jul 3, 2014
unbrick s960

i have a lenovo vibe x s960 n i have a bootloop caused by an app to reparation the system partition and i all my attempts to fix it led to losing the recovery !.. anyways i know exactly what is going on its just the phone has two locks behind root access to every thing the first one can be opened easily but my problem is the second one which i think is made my the company programmer him self !!.. the only way to operate on the phone is by fastboot.. soo plz any help , thoughts !!

Reactions: dragonabdul

tbluee

Jul 9, 2014
m7chel help me

hello,

here my info :

hi
I've been having the same problems I
The major problem googleplay does not work
subject have language problems
please help

amitheunlimited

Jan 2, 2011
India
Play store APK for Vibe X

hi
please help

Here is the link for google play store, and Hit Thanks/like if it worked !
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qwupcfquxc5pi69/Google_Play_Store_v4.8.20.apk

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

New version has been released for vibe X ....update it from OTA which is 'S960_ROW_S211_140_702'
It is awesome!

Reactions: tbluee

mihalol

Jan 27, 2011
hello,

here my info :

hey, could you please upload somewhere your rom? It would be extremely helpfull

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

New version has been released for vibe X ....update it from OTA which is 'S960_ROW_S211_140_702'
It is awesome!

unfortunatelly it doesnt work for 4.4.2 1.5vibeui
also tried instally gapps for the specific version of android but nothing, any suggestions?

Reactions: tbluee

tbluee

Jul 9, 2014
Lenovo S960 antenna power

hey, could you please upload somewhere your rom? It would be extremely helpfull

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

unfortunatelly it doesnt work for 4.4.2 1.5vibeui
also tried instally gapps for the specific version of android but nothing, any suggestions?

Thanks for your help
4.2.2. ROM throw them worked googleplay
but
Lenovo S960 phone in turkey using the force of gravity due to the antenna I'm having a lot of trouble,
the phone is very low gravity
Have you experienced such a problem
S820 china modelinde countries received power in the shooting are suffering from the problem
china for use in different countries
I have read that resolves the problem by removing modem.img file.
Does such a method for S960
What should I do

laxnan

Aug 1, 2014
Can u give me

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

So many people like lenove phone but now we are in problem please help our problem if u cannot help our phone problem. next time no need to buy new lenovo phone

tbluee

Jul 9, 2014
Lenovo S960 phone antenna want to strengthen it,

Can u give me

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

So many people like lenove phone but now we are in problem please help our problem if u cannot help our phone problem. next time no need to buy new lenovo phone

I'm sorry I did not understand what you wrote,
Lenovo S960 phone antenna want to strengthen it,

Last edited:

Mehbub Hassan

Aug 22, 2014
Singapore
ROM Mobile LENOVO S960 – ROM Android 4.4.2

Hi,
Here is the link for download ROW ROM for Lenovo S960 with SP flash tool. hope you can enjoy.
When you flash your S960 by flash tool (Click -firmware > upgrade) don't click [Download]. For download all those file you
have to register & login first.

if you confused the tell me what kind problem you face. I will help you.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Don't forget to tell me how is that.

sorry I cant add the link as a new user ( Stop from xda- 2.To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!)
please give me your email address that I can sent you the link.

Last edited:

easypulse

Feb 25, 2011
hi
my vibe X is new, pretty, great IPS good performance etc.
I ve problem with the battery, it s standy time max 8 hours without talking, if some calls incoming it is reducing 5-6 hours... very poor
version kitkat 4.4.2, my idea is this is the source of the bad battery time, has anybody some experiences or downgraded to lower version of android?

thanks

mzabd74

May 19, 2014
Penang
S960 unable to update OTA package

Recently bought S960 but when update can't perform. Error message unable to update OTA package....

rubchick

Feb 3, 2015
Hello.
Just bought Lenovo Vibe X S960. But after flashing fail I lost the IMEI, Branding etc. I tried all the solutions and nothing helped. Can anybody send me a nvram.img backup please? I need it only to make my sim card work, then I could restore my own imei.. :crying:
Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have bought a Lenovo Vibe X and love the device. I recently got it rooted and thought that now everything will be great and i will be able to use the phone as my primary phone. Unfortunally I cant get Google apps to work. It makes me crazy. Iv tried to just install the APK:s but google services just crashes all the time. Google play starts but terminates.

BTW I rooted it with Vroot. http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot

What I can understand from reading on different sites is that I need a speciall rom or a CWM custom made for this model to push in Gapps? Have I gotten it right?

Have some one got it to work on this phone.
    The Viber X has some problem now and they try to fix. A contact told me this. Wait a little.

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to be able to use it as my primary phone!
    hello,

here my info :

unbrick s960

i have a lenovo vibe x s960 n i have a bootloop caused by an app to reparation the system partition and i all my attempts to fix it led to losing the recovery !.. anyways i know exactly what is going on its just the phone has two locks behind root access to every thing the first one can be opened easily but my problem is the second one which i think is made my the company programmer him self !!.. the only way to operate on the phone is by fastboot.. soo plz any help , thoughts !!
    Play store APK for Vibe X

hi
    please help

It is awesome!