Lenovo tab m8

Search This thread

bullets4all

Feb 13, 2015
I own a Lenovo Tab M8 4G tablet but I can't connect it to the car's navigation through Android Auto. I use a quality USB cable because Android Auto works on other phones and tablets. Help!!

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
I picked up an M8 for cheap used TB-8505F and was successful in fastboot flashing lineage-18.1-20220616-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img. The whole process was straight forward. Unlocked Bootloader, OEM unlock. I did follow the guide in this thread to root the stock ROM. I wanted something degoogled so went straight for the lineagos GSI ROM. Seems fine to use.

What I don't get is PFF-SU. I thought after flashing and installing the PFF Superuser APK I was all good. Not really. That SuperSu app is old and not usable. . Weirdly with Magisk APP installed it can manage requests for su despite complaining that there is another su binary that isn't Magisk.

Last edited:

Stanisława

Aug 8, 2022
Hi Dear Users Please Give me Support. I have Device Lenovo TAB M8 HD 8505x.

With Android version 10. He urgently needs to unlock the bootlader. Take the lead. take your steps.

Stanisława

Aug 8, 2022
I ask you very cordially for your support.please help me. Need to know how to enter the IMEI number and serial number on the Chinese website to unlock bootladera ? Despite entering this data, I still have a message about the content that I was trying too much.

Stanisława

Aug 8, 2022
Gives a link to the Chinese page where there is such an opportunity to unlock bootlader in Lenovo tablet.

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.PNG
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
    48.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Przechwytywanie_1.PNG
    Przechwytywanie_1.PNG
    48.3 KB · Views: 105

Stanisława

Aug 8, 2022
Please Give me Support.

A better alternative is to use Linux; I did it completely on Linux Mint. If you're on Linux, you can use your distribution's package manager (apt in this case, since Mint is Debian-based, use sudo apt-get install adb and sudo apt-get install fastboot to download tools from verified repositories.

Then go to the Lenovo tablet and download Magisk Manager. Here is the link to it along with the downloads and information. I recommend reading it. GH's official link is https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/

IF YOU DO A "NO PHONE HOME GOOGLE" CHALLENGE, WHERE YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR LENOVO OFFLINE ALL THE ROOT PROCESS, YOU CAN INSTALL ANY apk THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER, USING THE ADB-D INSTALL COMMAND (see the dk_p-name install guide. fastboot and adb posted in appendix)

NOTE ABOUT SP FLASH: There is another way to root devices such as the one with MediaTek (MTK) chipsets with the SP Flash utility. Here's a link to it if you need to, but we won't use this method as it's mainly useful when you can't unlock / enter fastboot, which is not the case with the Lenovo M8. https://spflashtool.com/ Also, to use this tool, you need the standard ROM and scatter file for your device.

ep312

Aug 12, 2022
Wow the AndyYan Lineage rom linked runs better than the old Lenovo 9 or the newer 10 roms, and is actually Android 11!

Installation was much simpler than it sounded like it would be by reading the notes here. As simple as unlocking the bootloader, going through the root steps, and flashing the AndyYan rom (I used lineage-18.1-20220616-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img.xz) from the link posted with fastboot just flashing the system partition with the lineage rom.

Thanks everyone for the guidance here!

Reactions: mrz80

ep312

Aug 12, 2022
I have noticed one hiccup with the AndyYan rom, and that is that the internal speaker isn't disabled when headphones are plugged in. I'm looking for a software tweak to disable the internal speaker but no luck so far.

Heeni

ep312

Aug 12, 2022
You should be able to turn the speakers off when plugging in headphones by using the settings here: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues/1774#issuecomment-849040229
Thanks for the reply and guidance - I tried different combinations of enabling/disabling the first two settings in the Phh menu earlier with no luck, and the addition of the third (Force-disable A2DP offload) unfortunately didn't change the behavior either.

I'll keep looking around for solutions and will post back here if I find one, and if anyone has some ideas please let me know!

axelmasok

Dec 11, 2011
Thanks for the reply and guidance - I tried different combinations of enabling/disabling the first two settings in the Phh menu earlier with no luck, and the addition of the third (Force-disable A2DP offload) unfortunately didn't change the behavior either.

I'll keep looking around for solutions and will post back here if I find one, and if anyone has some ideas please let me know!

I'm in the same boat here with the same version. Headphones don't disable the speakers. Tried all combinations without any luck. Not bothering me too much.

What does bother me is every time I tilt the tablet it wakes the screen from sleep. Tried turning off all the wake options. Turn off auto rotate. No hope so far.

ep312

Aug 12, 2022
I'm in the same boat here with the same version. Headphones don't disable the speakers. Tried all combinations without any luck. Not bothering me too much.

What does bother me is every time I tilt the tablet it wakes the screen from sleep. Tried turning off all the wake options. Turn off auto rotate. No hope so far.
Thanks @axelmasok - I've been trying to resolve by creating an overlay, but got errors when applying to the device. I commented about it here: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-how-t...e-for-your-phone.3878974/page-3#post-87287175 but haven't received a response yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to port TWRP for 8505F, but it asks me a password to decrypt data, even if I have no password lock on AndroidIMG_20210101_210302_tigr.jpgIMG_20210101_210132_tigr.jpg

So. Works well after I performed a Format Data, flashed Magisk zip and DM Verity force encryption disabler. Here is what I did. If you don't want to lose all your data, don't do this.

Works with Android 10, for 9 it only flashes with SP Flash Tool swapping the stock recovery to this one

1. You need to have an external SD card to put files in, MTP does not work for now for some reason. Also, enable USB debugging obviously
    2. Download Magisk zip from HERE and DM verity & force encryption disabler zip from HERE and put them inside your external SD card.
    3. Reboot to bootloader ./adb reboot bootloader
    4. Flash a recovery ./fastboot flash recovery twrp8505f.img
    5. Reboot to recovery ./fastboot reboot recovery
    6. In recovery when it asks for password press Cancel and go to Wipe - Format Data, type yes.
    7. Now reboot to recovery again, go to Install, select Magisk zip, flash it, then go back to Install and flash DM verity disabler
    Now everything should be fine, you can reboot to system and back to recovery without problems

This is my first attempt to port a recovery image, I wouldn't mind if someone will help me to figure out why MTP isn't working and maybe something else will appear
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Hello,
    I recently purchased the Lenovo tab m8 to replace the outdated navigation system in my car. I thought that since it came with a dock station that I would be able to connect the otg cable on the micro USB port. However this does not work, if it’s charging on the dock and I connect the OTG it stops charging. Does anyone know how I can die both things simultaneously?
    Look here: https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Cable-to-Use-OTG-and-Simultaneously-Charge-the/
    I managed to root it for now, using magisk_manager.apk and a boot.img, I extracted from a file named "TB-8505F_S100133_200316_BMP.zip" (which is the latest firmware for the M8-8085F)
    am unable to find any TWRP for the device.
    but at least: got root now.
    OTG and Charge Simultaneously

Hello,
    I recently purchased the Lenovo tab m8 to replace the outdated navigation system in my car. I thought that since it came with a dock station that I would be able to connect the otg cable on the micro USB port. However this does not work, if it’s charging on the dock and I connect the OTG it stops charging. Does anyone know how I can die both things simultaneously?
    Hi,
    managed to unlock the bootloader on TB-8505X by connecting it to an apple mac instead of W7. Worked via ADB and fastboot, without need to install USB drivers manually.

What would be the next advisable step(s) to take in order to achieve root?
    I had a look @ the TWRP site, but there was no TWRP recovery offered for the TB8505F/X.

Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers!

1. Go to Lenovo site and download Rescue and smart assistant. Install and run.
    2. On the rescue tab you can download the firmware for your tab (it needs to be connected to the PC).
    3. Goto where you downloaded the firmware. In the RomFiles folder find the boot.img file. copy it to your device.
    4. Install Magisk Manager on your device. Run and select install. select the option to patch a file and select the boot.img file you copied to your device.
    5. markdown the location that magisk shows where it saved the patched file. Copy this file back to your PC.
    6. Flash the file to your device with fastboot flash boot <patched file location>
    7. reboot your device and run again magisk manager this should install the magisk zip file and you are rooted.