General Lenovo Xiaoxin P11 Pro 2021 (TB-J716F) ZUI 14

Search This thread

and.ba

Nov 23, 2022
Hi guys, beginner question here: if my tablet has already ZUI 13 with OTA, am I able to download ZUI 14 directly from System Update ? Or must it be done manually? Thank you

Doc44

Feb 18, 2020
I think there's a new 14.0.343 release is there any chance someone knows how to get a copy of it?

Doc44

Feb 18, 2020
My mistake the article was for the Lenovo Xiaoxin pad plus. That seems like a good thing though that something will be coming our way soon.

Over The Road

Mar 11, 2009
Has anyone else found that Chrome won't update through the Play Store? Wondering if it's related to the ZUI update or something else.

LUISLEONAMIGO

Dec 1, 2022
Does anyone here have any idea where I can download the firmware of the tablet xiaoxin pad pro 2022 MediaTek Kompanio 1300 Zui 14?
You currently have a global rom installed and if anyone here knows where to get it I would appreciate it.

kennyboda

Dec 8, 2022
Hi everyone!

So I've been trying to get Widevine L1 on my tablet since I got it. Steps I've taken so far:
  1. It came with the global ROM so I flashed the original Chinese ROM;
  2. Tried to lock the bootloader:
    1. After start Tablet got an error "Device is now corrupted and can't be booted"
    2. Tablet stopped booting and always going to fatboot menu
  3. Thanks to UltimN8 I was able to change the HEX bytes to another serial number and use a provided file to unlock the bootloader using QFIL;
  4. Flashed the Chinese original ROM again v13.xxx;
  5. Connected to Chinese VPN and updated to v14.0.127;
  6. Now I'm kind of afraid to try to lock the bootloader again and brick the tablet;
  7. Can anyone explain to me why trying to lock the bootloader will get me "Device is now corrupted and can't be booted"? and, regarding that, help me understand if there is a way to check if it's ok to try to lock the bootloader again?
Thanks!

Reactions: f1tm0t

ExoduS199

Dec 9, 2022
Hi everyone!

So I've been trying to get Widevine L1 on my tablet since I got it. Steps I've taken so far:
  1. It came with the global ROM so I flashed the original Chinese ROM;
  2. Tried to lock the bootloader:
    1. After start Tablet got an error "Device is now corrupted and can't be booted"
    2. Tablet stopped booting and always going to fatboot menu
  3. Thanks to UltimN8 I was able to change the HEX bytes to another serial number and use a provided file to unlock the bootloader using QFIL;
  4. Flashed the Chinese original ROM again v13.xxx;
  5. Connected to Chinese VPN and updated to v14.0.127;
  6. Now I'm kind of afraid to try to lock the bootloader again and brick the tablet;
  7. Can anyone explain to me why trying to lock the bootloader will get me "Device is now corrupted and can't be booted"? and, regarding that, help me understand if there is a way to check if it's ok to try to lock the bootloader again?
Thanks!
Have you try this guide? It worked with me (try the lock bootloader part). There is also a fix for corrupted device problem. It seems you have to manually upgrade the ROM till the right version before lock the bootloader.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/install-lenovo-xiaoxin-p11-pro-2021-original-rom-tb-j716f.4446671/

Last edited:

ExoduS199

Dec 9, 2022
I found a new bug with ZUI 14, if I touch the edit button in the control panel(red circle) the whole control panel disappear and I have to reboot the tablet to make it reappear. The panel it's just invisible but it works if you know where the buttons are.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211-133418_EDIT_1670762154456.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211-133418_EDIT_1670762154456.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20221211-133446.png
    Screenshot_20221211-133446.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 86

Czar Augusto

Dec 10, 2022
Have you try this guide? It worked with me (try the lock bootloader part). There is also a fix for corrupted device problem. It seems you have to manually upgrade the ROM till the right version before lock the bootloader.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/install-lenovo-xiaoxin-p11-pro-2021-original-rom-tb-j716f.4446671/

When do you lock the bootloader? because I have the same fear as @kennyboda I don't know how many updates have to be done manually if someone could help us.. Or if changing the vpn and downloading only the latest update from china could lock the bootloader

ExoduS199

Dec 9, 2022
When do you lock the bootloader? because I have the same fear as @kennyboda I don't know how many updates have to be done manually if someone could help us.. Or if changing the vpn and downloading only the latest update from china could lock the bootloader
In the guide it says that you need the last zui 13 update. When i did it (few weeks ago) I just flashed the first rom in the guide and it didn't gave me any problems. If you click "download original rom" there are 2 files, one in zui 12.6 the other is zui 13.0(both more than 3 gb), i flashed the 13.0 one (i had a global fake rom with bootloader unlocked) after that i followed the lock bootloader part of the guide and it worked without problems. I think you could try to flash the first rom, if it gives you error then try with the last zui 13 update available before locking the bootloader.

Czar Augusto

Dec 10, 2022
In the guide it says that you need the last zui 13 update. When i did it (few weeks ago) I just flashed the first rom in the guide and it didn't gave me any problems. If you click "download original rom" there are 2 files, one in zui 12.6 the other is zui 13.0(both more than 3 gb), i flashed the 13.0 one (i had a global fake rom with bootloader unlocked) after that i followed the lock bootloader part of the guide and it worked without problems. I think you could try to flash the first rom, if it gives you error then try with the last zui 13 update available before locking the bootloader.

I have Zui 14.0.127 I don't know if it works to lock the bootloader. But when I tried to lock the bootloader with version 13 only it appeared deviced corrupted and it was very difficult to unlock it because after changing my SN to HAHAHAHA when I put it in fastboot mode, "searching devices" appeared

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you downgrade Zui14 to Zui13?

I used this guide : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/install-stock-rom-xiaoxin-pad-pro-2021-tb-j716f.4347951/unread

my bootloader is already unlocked, so the rest was easy, just followed that guide...
    My Pad Pro 2021 updated to Android 12 and Zui 14 ota yesterday and now I have lost Google Play Store and Google Play Services. Can't get any help from the supplier. Anyone know how to restore these or will I likely have to wait for another ota update?

UPDATE - The following fix (supplied by Equal-Second6166 on Reddit) has resolved the issue:
    Go to app management and on the top right corner there's a three dot . And you'll see google basic services, enable it. Then try to restart your device if it's not working.
    Yes and no. It seems you can't turn it on like you used to but it appears when you connect it to a monitor.
    ONLY if you connect via a cable... if you connect wirelessly to a TV it does not switch to PC mode.
    is a tablet....for gaming and internet and watch video....its not a pc...
    so ,if you lose pc mode,maybe lenovo tecnics have see that it is not used often....
    i use it often.
    For all those who lost Google Play Store after the OTA upgrade (this assumed that you were on the Chinese Rom with locked bootloader to receive OTA update), I just want to share some findings with you. I faced the same issue and found out that the Play Store plugin on the Chinese app store didn't work coz it was incompatible and obviously outdated. The best approach I found was from the instruction to install play store for xiaoxin pad pro 2022. The links to get Google Play Store and Google Play Services apks from the instruction would be fine to follow but their link to Google Services Framework 12 is incorrect and it would take you to Framework 13 which is for Android 13+. You need Framework 12 for Android 12+.
    For me, I wanted latest stuff so I installed the following in the same order as the listing below:
    Google Play Store 34.0.12-21 [0] [PR] 500233025 (nodpi) (Android 5.0+)
    Google Play services 22.50.14 (200400-499278674) (200400)
    Google Services Framework 12 (Android 12+)
    Note that I chose to install non-bundle apks because I don't know what the bundles are.
    After doing the installations of those 3 apks, the Play Store app didn't show up on app screen because it wasn't enabled after installation. You just need to go into Settings and search for "Play Store" and enable it. It would then show up on your app screen. This issue might not happen to you but if you face problem, you can search for these 3 items in Settings and see their statuses.
    Just download this file (latest)
    Full OTA 14.0.127

rename it to update.zip and move to the internal storage root drectory

-----------------------------
    Archive version 14.0.107
    Full OTA 14.0.107
    Download this and install https://www.apkmirror.com/.../google-play.../download/...
    Afterward
    - Go to settings, click on the search box, type goog p, select Google play service in the search results, delete all data and cache in it.
    - Go to settings, google, log in, it will spin for a while. And not login, let it run to the end
    - Go to settings, app management, 3 dots button on the right,
    select google basic service, turn it off,
    - go back to google play service by typing google p in the search box of settings, delete all data, and delete all updates by pressing the three dots button on the right.
    - Go back to turn on google basic service,
    - go to enable google play store by typing goog p in the search box of settings, then select google play store, - enable
    - go to settings - Google - login again
    Thanks for the answer, but it did not help me (link is broken)
    The issue was resolved as follows:
    Went to settings, then apps. Click on the three dots at the top. There I chose google basic services. Turned off the switch. Tried launching chrome and logging in. There was a request to enable Google services. Then I went to the application settings and turned on google basic services. After that, I was successfully allowed into the account.
    We own a crazy tablet ahaha:LOL:
    I took this chance to try ZUI 14, however there were definitely a lot of issues I've encountered.

It wasn't able to root, wi-fi gets broken, and other issues that were already mentioned here. [1](The Google Account issue that was mentioned here didn't happen to me, I got it first try.) I actually got TWRP to install in ZUI 14 (credit goes to @Ungeskriptet) however it had issues mounting the system partitions. This was the same issue that happened on Android 12-based GSIs on this tablet.

Though I'm actually curious that the update moved the whole OS to Slot B instead of staying in Slot A. The boot logo also changed to Qualcomm's logo instead of the usual Lenovo logo, as well as the unlocked bootloader message not showing up after.

There were two new bootloader options too, one being booting into FFBM mode.

In conclusion, stay away from this specific ZUI 14 update for now until there is news of a more stable update.

[1] I might have been lucky the first try I installed ZUI 14. Now on other reinstalls, they don't seem to work now.
    Please share your way to launch google play
    Download this and install https://www.apkmirror.com/.../google-play.../download/...
    Afterward
    - Go to settings, click on the search box, type goog p, select Google play service in the search results, delete all data and cache in it.
    - Go to settings, google, log in, it will spin for a while. And not login, let it run to the end
    - Go to settings, app management, 3 dots button on the right,
    select google basic service, turn it off,
    - go back to google play service by typing google p in the search box of settings, delete all data, and delete all updates by pressing the three dots button on the right.
    - Go back to turn on google basic service,
    - go to enable google play store by typing goog p in the search box of settings, then select google play store, - enable
    - go to settings - Google - login again