General Lenovo Xiaoxin P11 Pro 2021 (TB-J716F) ZUI 14

Search This thread

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
Boys ,but are you sure is a official update?
Why in the screenshot of other user says "snapdragon 8250" ?!?!?!
Ours is snapdragon 870.....
I think this update is not for ours j716f.... Maybe compatible but sure not official....maybe alpha version....
If someone that use this update give us feedback..... every day use.....

If not ,for now not install this update!.... We don't know where it comes.....

Apr 23, 2020
I took this chance to try ZUI 14, however there were definitely a lot of issues I've encountered.

It wasn't able to root, wi-fi gets broken, and other issues that were already mentioned here. [1](The Google Account issue that was mentioned here didn't happen to me, I got it first try.) I actually got TWRP to install in ZUI 14 (credit goes to @Ungeskriptet) however it had issues mounting the system partitions. This was the same issue that happened on Android 12-based GSIs on this tablet.

Though I'm actually curious that the update moved the whole OS to Slot B instead of staying in Slot A. The boot logo also changed to Qualcomm's logo instead of the usual Lenovo logo, as well as the unlocked bootloader message not showing up after.

There were two new bootloader options too, one being booting into FFBM mode.

In conclusion, stay away from this specific ZUI 14 update for now until there is news of a more stable update.

[1] I might have been lucky the first try I installed ZUI 14. Now on other reinstalls, they don't seem to work now.

Last edited:

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
Can I update to zui 14 directly from stock zui 12 rom or I have to make all zui 13 updates before of the installation of zui14?
Sean remember this is not official update...and maybe neither for our tablet but for other p11 Lenovo model..... I think is a alpha version in my opinion....stay away if you don't want troubles...or if you are real good with Android stuff....

SeaH_

May 28, 2018
Sean remember this is not official update...and maybe neither for our tablet but for other p11 Lenovo model..... I think is a alpha version in my opinion....stay away if you don't want troubles...or if you are real good with Android stuff....
Thanks for your advice fazioso. You just replied me in a very good moment. Because Im bein updating all zui 13 updates during this day and just now I was downloadong Zui 14 to update the tablet. But I think I will stay here in the zui 13.0.560 thanks to you.

I have bootloader unlocked. Today I updated from zui 12.0.211 ,I made 6 updates in total and Im in 13.0.560. Should I lock the bootloader now or I keep the bootloader unlocked?

fazioso

Jul 2, 2011
I have bootloader unlocked. Today I updated from zui 12.0.211 ,I made 6 updates in total and Im in 13.0.560. Should I lock the bootloader now or I keep the bootloader unlocked?
i hope in the future comes android 12 with zui 14 official....cause its really good tablet...if dont happens i will change the tablet...cause is not possible that a company releases products without keeping them updated.....

if you have serial number file with you its simple to lock/unlock....
and with locked bootloader you have l1 widevine for netflix/disney/prime hd version....and i think you also have OTA updates enables with lock bootloader...but i dont remember well..... :(

SeaH_

May 28, 2018
I only have the sn.img of HAHAHAHA that I used recently to unlock my bricked tablet. My tablet got bridged trying to lock the bootloader in the zui 13.1.555
My general purpose was to lock bootloader to get L1 widevine.
Im in 13.1.560 now thinking to lock bootloader but Im worry and very scared to try to lock and brick again the tablet

Vinkel

I only have the sn.img of HAHAHAHA that I used recently to unlock my bricked tablet. My tablet got bridged trying to lock the bootloader in the zui 13.1.555
My general purpose was to lock bootloader to get L1 widevine.
Im in 13.1.560 now thinking to lock bootloader but Im worry and very scared to try to lock and brick again the tablet
I'm on 13.1.560 with locked bootloader but only with widevine L3, and not sure if I ever will get or how to to get L1

SeaH_

May 28, 2018
I'm on 13.1.560 with locked bootloader but only with widevine L3, and not sure if I ever will get or how to to get L1
Thanks for your reply is good to know your experience.

So I dont understand how many people got L1 and others continues in L3. Maybe is the region where we live? It would be interesting to know how they get L1 exactly.

So I keep my tablet in zui 13.1.560 woth bootloader unlocked for the moment.

I wish we get the trick of getting L1 soon. Trick that works to all lenovo tablet owners..

Vinkel

Thanks for your reply is good to know your experience.

So I dont understand how many people got L1 and others continues in L3. Maybe is the region where we live? It would be interesting to know how they get L1 exactly.

So I keep my tablet in zui 13.1.560 woth bootloader unlocked for the moment.

I wish we get the trick of getting L1 soon. Trick that works to all lenovo tablet owners..
Yeah, not sure if flashing the stock Chinese Rom all over again can help, with the bootloader locked from the beginning.

Kurogami09

Oct 26, 2022
Hello. After installing this update, will i still be able to receive system updates like security patches?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just download this file (latest)
    Full OTA 14.0.127

rename it to update.zip and move to the internal storage root drectory

-----------------------------
    Archive version 14.0.107
    Full OTA 14.0.107
    For all those who lost Google Play Store after the OTA upgrade (this assumed that you were on the Chinese Rom with locked bootloader to receive OTA update), I just want to share some findings with you. I faced the same issue and found out that the Play Store plugin on the Chinese app store didn't work coz it was incompatible and obviously outdated. The best approach I found was from the instruction to install play store for xiaoxin pad pro 2022. The links to get Google Play Store and Google Play Services apks from the instruction would be fine to follow but their link to Google Services Framework 12 is incorrect and it would take you to Framework 13 which is for Android 13+. You need Framework 12 for Android 12+.
    For me, I wanted latest stuff so I installed the following in the same order as the listing below:
    Google Play Store 34.0.12-21 [0] [PR] 500233025 (nodpi) (Android 5.0+)
    Google Play services 22.50.14 (200400-499278674) (200400)
    Google Services Framework 12 (Android 12+)
    Note that I chose to install non-bundle apks because I don't know what the bundles are.
    After doing the installations of those 3 apks, the Play Store app didn't show up on app screen because it wasn't enabled after installation. You just need to go into Settings and search for "Play Store" and enable it. It would then show up on your app screen. This issue might not happen to you but if you face problem, you can search for these 3 items in Settings and see their statuses.
    I just got the 14.0.266 update myself. Here's the link: https://mobile-ota-cdn.lenovo.com/firmware/2023630162138297-7780.zip

Seems like this is a incremental update, so it can only be installed on top of 14.0.127.

EDIT: Here it is on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/j716f-firmware
    Please share your way to launch google play
    Download this and install https://www.apkmirror.com/.../google-play.../download/...
    Afterward
    - Go to settings, click on the search box, type goog p, select Google play service in the search results, delete all data and cache in it.
    - Go to settings, google, log in, it will spin for a while. And not login, let it run to the end
    - Go to settings, app management, 3 dots button on the right,
    select google basic service, turn it off,
    - go back to google play service by typing google p in the search box of settings, delete all data, and delete all updates by pressing the three dots button on the right.
    - Go back to turn on google basic service,
    - go to enable google play store by typing goog p in the search box of settings, then select google play store, - enable
    - go to settings - Google - login again
    Download this and install https://www.apkmirror.com/.../google-play.../download/...
    Afterward
    - Go to settings, click on the search box, type goog p, select Google play service in the search results, delete all data and cache in it.
    - Go to settings, google, log in, it will spin for a while. And not login, let it run to the end
    - Go to settings, app management, 3 dots button on the right,
    select google basic service, turn it off,
    - go back to google play service by typing google p in the search box of settings, delete all data, and delete all updates by pressing the three dots button on the right.
    - Go back to turn on google basic service,
    - go to enable google play store by typing goog p in the search box of settings, then select google play store, - enable
    - go to settings - Google - login again
    Thanks for the answer, but it did not help me (link is broken)
    The issue was resolved as follows:
    Went to settings, then apps. Click on the three dots at the top. There I chose google basic services. Turned off the switch. Tried launching chrome and logging in. There was a request to enable Google services. Then I went to the application settings and turned on google basic services. After that, I was successfully allowed into the account.