Lenovo Z5 Pro - TWRP - Root - Reviews - Hands on - Support and Developement

Search This thread

Saugat729

Feb 6, 2019
Lenovo z5 pro

Lenovo zui is not so great. I used this phone, there is not such lag in zui however i was not impressed with it. Beside the camera and to recieve phone call you have to slide down, beside this the phone is great. For camera you can install google cam and it is day and night difference as it got the same sensor that one plus 6 t has but without any ois. You can capture great pictures and potrait shot almost like pixel 3 in this phone with google cam. But for phone call you cannot change anything. I recieved 3 big update after getting phone and hope it will get android pie soon. Phone look futuristic and design and display is also excellent. Overall after installing google cam the only one flaw goes away. I recommend this phone everyone who need a above all round phone. And if anyone wants to know how to install google cam with depth control feature contact me on whatsapp +9779845546005.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Hello,
any news about any custom rom for Z5 Pro?
With the original updated OS the phone seems quite slow and not smooth at all..

I dont know from where u heard that. Software is not great but it is still very good. You cannot expect stock android experience but it is not bad. I am using this phone and this phone dont have any bug. Only flaw is the camera but after installing google cam there is day and night difference. Its even better than one plus 6 i absolutely loved this phone

blolo6

Dec 31, 2015
Lenovo zui is not so great. I used this phone, there is not such lag in zui however i was not impressed with it. Beside the camera and to recieve phone call you have to slide down, beside this the phone is great. For camera you can install google cam and it is day and night difference as it got the same sensor that one plus 6 t has but without any ois. You can capture great pictures and potrait shot almost like pixel 3 in this phone with google cam. But for phone call you cannot change anything. I recieved 3 big update after getting phone and hope it will get android pie soon. Phone look futuristic and design and display is also excellent. Overall after installing google cam the only one flaw goes away. I recommend this phone everyone who need a above all round phone. And if anyone wants to know how to install google cam with depth control feature contact me on whatsapp +9779845546005.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I dont know from where u heard that. Software is not great but it is still very good. You cannot expect stock android experience but it is not bad. I am using this phone and this phone dont have any bug. Only flaw is the camera but after installing google cam there is day and night difference. Its even better than one plus 6 i absolutely loved this phone

Do you have multilanguage rom with google apps on your phone?

Last edited:

amaral42

Feb 28, 2019
Hey man,
My device is rooted with twrp recovery. But i cant do any updates. Do you know a way how to remove the twrp?

anonOmattie

Mar 3, 2019
stock or custom software?

hello fellow developpers.

i recently bought a lenovo z5 pro. it got shipped with the so called "global rom", but as i foun d out on this forum there is no official global rom from lenovo.
i figured out my phone is on software built version 320, but there have already been a couple of update which i missed out on. when booting up the phone i get a message saying the phone bootloader has been unlocked as well.

now i have a few questions.:

is there a way to make sure i have a different kind of software installed on my z5 pro? and if i have which is a beter option:
1. reinstall the original software with OTA updates or 2. wait for a custom rom to install.

thanks in regards!

matthijs

anonOmattie

Mar 3, 2019
succesful flashed version 355

THIS IS A VERY RISKY OPERATION AND I ALMOST LOST MY PHONE!!

it didnt go as planned.
i installed twrp and created a backup (not of system, is that nesecarry?) to get to when everything got messed up.

and boi, did it get messed up...

problem 1: when trying to install the rom with QFIL for the first time i got a sahara error and the phone lost its OS. i wanted to reinstall the twrp backup as i got really freaked out about losing my phone. somehow it did not get into edl or something and i failed the installation process and ended up with a broken phone with inly TWRP installed.

problem 2: when wanting to reinstall the backup in twrp i got some error saying the \system partition was not mounted. searching online gave me a solution to this problem, but reinstalling the backup still gave errors. on startup i got a "unsuccesful encryption" error, which yielded a useless backup. also after reformatting i got again the /system not mounted error, but now with a "partition is occupied or used" error. even the solutions online wouldnt work, so my online solution was to flash the original rom with QFIL.

solution:
trying to flash the rom resulted in a 1: sahara error, 2: a file not found error and 3: a phone not in EDL error.
when using the QFIL flasher provided by BadCluster i got the first two errors, and there was no quick way of resolving this problem. the post from @Nikorasu of another QFIL programm being used led to to the last error. this was good news as the file not found had been gone and now the only thing i had to do was putting the phone in EDL mode. MANY thanks to Nikorasu!!

trying to flash now resulted in an error where QFIL tried to put the phone in EDL mode, but failed to do so. a article online provided me with the following ADB commands to use. try to open to the bootloader/twrp recovery menu, and using the ADB cmd try to see if your device is connected (command "adb devices"). if so, type the command "adb reboot edl" and the phone will reboot in EDL mode. this was the only thing left to flash the stock rom back.

moral of the story!

1. only do this if you can miss the phone, this will save you a LOT of stress!
2. only do this if you can afford losing your phone!
3. in my case, the TWRP backup was pretty useles. only do this if you can afford to lose data!
4. THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: NEVER GIVE UP! using the internet you can google every error and eventually get to a solution.

if you have any questions please ask

Reactions: Ace3412

anonOmattie

Mar 3, 2019
how to lock bootloader:

i found a way to lock the bootloader after you installed the original rom!

this will solve the < waiting for devices > error when phone is connected to pc

follow this tutorial to install the propper driver if your PC does not recognize the phone in fastboot: tutorial

how do i know if i need this?
to know if the proper drivers are installed open adb and type "adb devices" to see if your device is connected
if your device is connected and seen by adb, proceed to type "fastboot devices". if your device is recognized, you are good to go, if not, please follow the youtube tutorial as it helped me solve this problem.

when your device is read as a adb fastboot device, reboot into bootloader using "adb reboot bootloader"
after this, type "fastboot flashing lock" to relock your device. you will get a message on the device to ask for permission.
BE AWARE! THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE TO FACTORY RESET!

hope this helped someone

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace3412

maxihinz

Nov 13, 2010
Does anyone also has issues with whatsapp voice calls? I can pick them up but i can't hear what they tell me

maxihinz

Nov 13, 2010
i had the same problems with the "global but unofficial ROM" the phone came with. i installed the official firmware and got no problems using whatsapp anymore

I have flashed the original rom also (the 355) and when they call me i can't hear anything. Also when I recive a whatsapp audio I have to listen it in Loudspeaker.
Which version of the OS do you have?

Nikorasu

Jan 2, 2010
I have flashed the original rom also (the 355) and when they call me i can't hear anything. Also when I recive a whatsapp audio I have to listen it in Loudspeaker.
Which version of the OS do you have?

When you say you can't hear, you meant the ringtone right? The inclusion of Dolby Atmos in the last 2 firmware updates screwed up the volume when the engineers turn on auto volume and doesn't include the option to turn it off. I found out how to solve this by downloading an Dolby Atmos apk then turning off the auto volume or simply switch the Dolby off from there.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ujz0tc9z32x8omb/DolbyAtmos.apk/

maxihinz

Nov 13, 2010
When you say you can't hear, you meant the ringtone right? The inclusion of Dolby Atmos in the last 2 firmware updates screwed up the volume when the engineers turn on auto volume and doesn't include the option to turn it off. I found out how to solve this by downloading an Dolby Atmos apk then turning off the auto volume or simply switch the Dolby off from there.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ujz0tc9z32x8omb/DolbyAtmos.apk/

No, i can hear the ringer, but i can't hear the person on the other end when i pick up the call. The same thing goes for when i want to hear an audio.

Nikorasu

Jan 2, 2010
No, i can hear the ringer, but i can't hear the person on the other end when i pick up the call. The same thing goes for when i want to hear an audio.

I see, sorry that I misunderstood. Does the ear speaker work while playing music? This is to rule out a hardware fault.
If it's not a hardware fault, maybe you can try to turn off dolby with the above method as it seem to cause quite a lot of sound issues...

Can't think of much else other than to try re-flashing the rom if it still doesn't work. Hopefully someone else can help.

super-chausson

May 24, 2009
Hi,

Does any user of the z5 pro also have issue with notifications?
I get notifications but not right after the message has been sent. It can take up to 1h for notifications to "wake up" and then I realize I have missed several messages. This delay is not always the same. I have this issue with WhatsApp and Facebook messenger mainly. I am currently using official 10.0.355 ST. thanks for your feedbacks!

anonOmattie

Mar 3, 2019
I do have some issues with notifications, mostly also not appearing, or only when i reload the app.

Its a shame, and i have to cycle most apps to not miss any important messages. Im running the official software so i hope lenovo will fix this soon. Also apps (mainly google ones) closing andor crashing when in use.(for example when end of page is reached in google now on tap)

LittleJunior

May 11, 2019
[Rom Global para z5 Pro?] Global Rom for Z5 Pro?

[Acabei de pegar meu Z5 Pro, veio com uma ROM aonde eu pude escolher meu idioma, Português do Brasil, mas a ROM tinha alguns bugs, encontrei esta rom "Firmware version: ZUI_10.0.355_ST_190109 Android 8.1 Oreo
File name: L78031_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00009.0_O_ZUI_10.0.355_ST_190109_qpst.zip
Size: 3GB"
E instalei ela com o QFIL
Mas apos iniciar havia apenas como escolher entre inglês e chinês, a minha duvida é: Como era possivel a Rom anterior, ter a opção no Android de escolher vários idiomas, mas não nesta?
Existe alguma ROM atualmente para o Z5 Pro com a opção de suportar vários idiomas?]

I just got my Z5 Pro, it came with a ROM where I could choose my language, Brazilian Portuguese, but the ROM had some bugs, I found this rom "Firmware version: ZUI_10.0.355_ST_190109 Android 8.1 Oreo
Size: 3GB "
And I installed it with QFIL
But after starting there was only how to choose between English and Chinese, my question is: How could the previous Rom, have the option in Android to choose several languages, but not in this?
Is there any ROM currently for Z5 Pro with the option to support multiple languages?

anonOmattie

Mar 3, 2019
I just got my Z5 Pro, it came with a ROM where I could choose my language, Brazilian Portuguese, but the ROM had some bugs, I found this rom "Firmware version: ZUI_10.0.355_ST_190109 Android 8.1 Oreo
Size: 3GB "
And I installed it with QFIL
But after starting there was only how to choose between English and Chinese, my question is: How could the previous Rom, have the option in Android to choose several languages, but not in this?
Is there any ROM currently for Z5 Pro with the option to support multiple languages?

the rom your phone came with is an unofficial ro, not from lenovo. the official rom only supports English and Chinese. no other options are available as this is officially a china only phone.
sadly, there is no (custom) rom available with multilanguage support.

ndt192

Jan 9, 2012
Could someone provide me the recovery ver 150 (the later one) from lenovo forum?
I have made several search but only found the one in Chinese which required the account to download.
Thanks in advanced

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As greed with the administrator O_G (in this post) I re-open a thread about the Lenovo Z5 Pro, awaiting to open a Dedicated forum about this epic phone!

- A thread where you'll find all the necesary info on this phone.
    - A thread where you'll can ask everything about the new Lenovo Z5 Pro.

Telegram Group: https://t.me/LenovoZ5Pro

Specs:
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww.giocolieri.org%2FXDA%2FLenovo-Z5-Pro---Specs.png
    Video about Lenovo Z5 Pro

First Impression Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYyeamNA4d0

Lenovo Z5 Pro - Review by Pandaily:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaFeAfZD670

Lenovo Z5 Pro vs Nokia X7 (7.1 Plus)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VtQBm6mR0

Mi MIX 3 vs Lenovo Z5 Pro Comparison
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrLm1wpB54

Mi MiX 3 VS Lenovo Z5pro VS Honor Magic 2 Teardown
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zjcNJMMcz4

UnBoxing Lenovo Z5 Pro - Italian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB2Sd9qCh18

Hands on and mini review of Lenovo Z5 Pro - Italian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Bb5pb-r5Q

Full review of Lenovo Z5 Pro - Italian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eO0Y9o07tw

Review of Lenovo Z5 Pro - English
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKQDUpf06jQ
    --------------------------------> DISCLAIMER: <------------------------------------

Guide for pure educational purpose. If you are going to use it, you do it to *your risk and danger, I will not be held responsible if your phone will not work anymore.

Depending on the phone manufacturer, root and unlock the*bootloader could invalidate the warranty of the phone​

-------------------------------> PRE-REQUIREMENTS <---------------------------------

ADB means Android Debug Bridge, and it is software that you should always do have installed on your PC.

Pre-Requisite 1
    Download RomDump from the Attachment
    Once downloaded unzip it to your desktop and you will find a file called 'install'

Pre-Requisite 2
    Make sure that you have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
    If not, you can download and install them from here (or from attachment):
    https://devsjournal.com/usb-drivers-for-all-android-devices.html

Pre-Requisite 3
    You must also install: Minimal ADB & Fastboot, you can download the software
    from here (or from attachment): https://devsjournal.com/download-minimal-adb-fastboot-tool.html
    Scrolling through the page you will have 2 options: Download or Portable
    (choose the one that you prefer)

Pre-Requisite 4
    Make sure you have enabled 'USB Debugging' and OEM Unlocking on your device (read all tutorial before do it, because it will be wiped all data from the phone)
    Settings -> Applications -> Developer Options
    Settings -> Applications -> Development

PAY ATTENTION: If you do not see the Developer Options menu you need to do this:
    Settings -> Device Info -> tap 6 or 7 times on the 'Build version' entry
    A pop-up should appear, telling you 'now you are a developer'

Pre-Requisite 5
    Copy the 'install' file (which you have on your desktop) and paste it into the folder installation of Minimal ADB & Fastboot
    (usually C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\)

In case of disaster you can download the original ROM here:
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/l78031/

If the unlock of bootloader procedeure not work, you must ask to Lenovo a code for unlock it.
    You can ask it here, choose Z2 Pro for the mobile and continue
    http://developer.zuk.com/bootloader_2
    Hello,
    any news about any custom rom for Z5 Pro?
    With the original updated OS the phone seems quite slow and not smooth at all..
    Lenovo Z5 Pro - How to Root with TWRP Recovery

I've do a separated Thread, you can find it HERE