less Google in a ROM

Search This thread
I too have been looking into this for some time. Easiest method is Lineage OS with MicroG. Other more difficult options are:

Calyx OS - Mostly uses OP3/3T and 7/7T/7T Pro
Graphene OS
/E/ Project - although personally I would avoid
CopperheadOS - uses Pixel devices only - for future reference

Some options for email would be Tutanota (free account with limited storage but has calender and contact and email sync), or (more popular but I have my reservations) ProtonMail.

Another option is keep the rom you are using and flash (after full backup and sd card back up just in case) nanodroid.zip - see below links for ideas:

https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p2/help/module-nanodroid-microg-pseudo-debloat-t3923478

or

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-microg-deodex-signature-spoofing-t3862961

pekas

May 6, 2020
århus
thanks again.

I just wanna ask you why will you avoid efoundation??

I too have been looking into this for some time. Easiest method is Lineage OS with MicroG. Other more difficult options are:

Calyx OS - Mostly uses OP3/3T and 7/7T/7T Pro
Graphene OS
/E/ Project - although personally I would avoid
CopperheadOS - uses Pixel devices only - for future reference

Some options for email would be Tutanota (free account with limited storage but has calender and contact and email sync), or (more popular but I have my reservations) ProtonMail.

Another option is keep the rom you are using and flash (after full backup and sd card back up just in case) nanodroid.zip - see below links for ideas:

https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-p2/help/module-nanodroid-microg-pseudo-debloat-t3923478

or

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-microg-deodex-signature-spoofing-t3862961

pekas

May 6, 2020
århus
[And I will like to know which ROM are for the ONEPLUS 6

QUOTE=pekas;83557313]thanks again.

I just wanna ask you why will you avoid efoundation??[/QUOTE]

[And I will like to know which ROM are for the ONEPLUS 6

QUOTE=pekas;83557313]thanks again.

I just wanna ask you why will you avoid efoundation??
[/QUOTE]

I am not saying /e/ foundation is bad, but I have read multiple places that state they are basically copying and pasting code with out giving props to whoever they are pulling sources from. Plus the 6 and 6T roms are very old, only on A9.

pekas

May 6, 2020
århus
In my opinion they are copyng and pasting cause everything is open source and mostly free, so.

i dont understand the only on A9?

I am not saying /e/ foundation is bad, but I have read multiple places that state they are basically copying and pasting code with out giving props to whoever they are pulling sources from. Plus the 6 and 6T roms are very old, only on A9.[/QUOTE]

pekas

May 6, 2020
århus
AAAHHH

you mean that their ROM is in Pie.... OOOkay, but it works I guess

anyway. Another custom ROM with the less possible of Google. Syberian that was my favourite I just find out that has so many things from Google, and the Havoc that I love to, has camera and maybe some other things from Google

B][/B]
In my opinion they are copyng and pasting cause everything is open source and mostly free, so.

i dont understand the only on A9?

I am not saying /e/ foundation is bad, but I have read multiple places that state they are basically copying and pasting code with out giving props to whoever they are pulling sources from. Plus the 6 and 6T roms are very old, only on A9.
[/QUOTE]

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Just use any rom that has signature spoofing and doesn't include gapps and install NanoDroid Micro G and Fdroid and use Fdroid for your app store instead of Google. If whatever rom you prefer doesn't have sig spoofing there an xda thread that tells how to add it.

AOSiP, Bliss, Corvus, Omni Micro G all have spoofing just to name a few.. And there are more. NanoDroid xda thread link is in second post of this thread. You get a lot better battery life without Google's services and all running 24/7.