Let ALL Know Your Note 2 HAS ARRIVED!!

Search This thread

grendel67

Apr 5, 2008
Seattle
Mine arrived at 11:45 am this morning. But I'm on vacation out of town until Sunday so will have to wait to play with it. Good thing Monday is a holiday! Now I can't wait for AT&T to roll out the LTE in the Seattle area!

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Got mine via USPS at around 1pm PST this afternoon! Funny thing is, I was b*tching about it not being sent by UPS, but if it had, I'd still be waiting, lol. :p

I'm still waiting for UPS to arrive. Longest day of waiting. Of course, I will repeat this when the Note 3 arrivies. :laugh:

toyfreak

Feb 9, 2006
Indianapolis
Got Mine Today

Walked into local AT&T Wireless store, looked at both white and gray and picked the latter. Getting moved into it now; really impressed so far. Two things:

1. Stopped by a local Sprint Sotre to get the Body Glove Dimensions TPU case. Pricey at $25 but no Sprint branding on package or product itself and it fits and looks great. Only con here is the side buttons are exposed rather than covered. Back is grippy and nicely textured.
2. Store rep told me I could switch my SIM card from Note to Note 2... Not! I needed to go back and get a MicroSIM.

apen83

May 17, 2012
eau claire
Was waiting on at&ts doorstep at 820 first one to get it and get out. Awesome phone love all its functions. Like someone else said time to root and debloat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca
playing with this phone now...this is a beautiful device am amazed how fast this is....root and debloat...that's all need for now..lol

Hey Wish....got mine too. Loving it so far. So many more customizations ex. Lock screen weather!!!!!! More toggles! Cool keyboard...I like the size compared to first note...hmmmm lemme think...more to come. But deff root soon...I do miss my cm10/aokp themes already...and what is up with new mini sim?

Only wish they could of thrown in a. 2 gig sd...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

rayandreas

Oct 11, 2011
bakersfield ca
Got my note 2 at 3 pm and 6 hours later I'm rooted and lovin' life! Looking forward to what's in store for this bad boy...oh yea, I was sent a bad sim so I did stop by a ATT store and they switched it out. Have fun everyone! :highfive:

malinois16

Jun 28, 2012
Duson, LA
Mine arrived at 11:30 this morning and Fedex dropped off at door. Too bad I didn't get back home from work until 8:30 pm. She is up and runnung fine now though. Taking my time setting in up and Im sure ill be rooted and debloated by the morning.!

starkall

Apr 12, 2010
Wish I could figure out how to make lock screen wallpapers fit to the screen and not be zoomed in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered mine on 11/7 and it's already shipped with a delivery date of 11/9 WHOOHOO!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

They are probably opened to pre-activate/put on hold the sim card.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I hate to say this but it looks like you already understand. You totally brought this upon your self. Number porting is not fast, chaning your mind screws it up really badly. I used to work for At&t wireless way back when porting was new (the real at&t not cingular's at&t).

Secondly I don't understand why you needed to leave the phone their. This makes no sense because we use sim cards. Devices cannot be banned on a sim card based service. If this was Verizon then I would understand. The serial number of the phone means nothing as far as service. The store is either retarded or doing something shady to help you out.

Good luck to you and let this be a lesson on thinking things through first.

I work for at&t and actually we can now block devices based on IMEI number, mainly for phones lost or stolen. The IMEI can be blacklisted and if anyone puts there sim card in a phone marked as stolen the line/account will be instantly suspended. Freaking awesome, hopefully cuts back on theft. This just started a couple months ago. Just sucks if someone buys a phone marked as stolen or insurance fraud on ebay because when they get it and put there sim in their line will be suspended until they go back to their old phone and call customer care.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406805,00.asp
    5V 2A output

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    I ordered mine on 11/7 and it's already shipped with a delivery date of 11/9 WHOOHOO!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

They are probably opened to pre-activate/put on hold the sim card.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I hate to say this but it looks like you already understand. You totally brought this upon your self. Number porting is not fast, chaning your mind screws it up really badly. I used to work for At&t wireless way back when porting was new (the real at&t not cingular's at&t).

Secondly I don't understand why you needed to leave the phone their. This makes no sense because we use sim cards. Devices cannot be banned on a sim card based service. If this was Verizon then I would understand. The serial number of the phone means nothing as far as service. The store is either retarded or doing something shady to help you out.

Good luck to you and let this be a lesson on thinking things through first.
    I don't think porting the number was the problem. It was that I started a 3rd line thinking that I (or they) could just swap the SIM and ditch the new line altogether. Apparently, this is not the case now as explained a couple posts above. There are a couple of things that come to mind that might have been able to prevent this.

I overheard the manager and the rep discussing that when I had my old number ported back, that the account should have been noted at that time that a reverse upgrade was going to take place in the near future, that was not done.

Second, for whatever reason, on the 25th, the store was unable to place the preorder for me in their system, even though anyone else could log onto att.com and do it themselves. Granted, in my case, this opened a can of worms, but in my opinion could have been prevented.

Last, but not least my buyers remorse really did a number on me this time. I rolled the dice and, even though I will still get what I want, I made it really hard on myself. Being a former Verizon customer, I have bought many phones from craigslist and never had a single issue. I assumed that would also be the case with AT&T, which under some circumstances, is not so cut and dry. All the more reason to verify the IEMI before you buy..

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Thx for the reply. I'm surprised it doesn't even come with an USB cable.
    Huh? I didn't get a good enough look at the cable before having to pack everything back up (see my long post above). I believe most phones come with a usb cable, and a dc adapter which the larger end of the usb cable goes into to plug it into the wall.

In other words the usb cable is for the pc AND charging through a wall adapter... is that not the case?
    Got Mine! BUT no calls

I got my note2 yesterday and it looks so nice...BUT after activation I cant make or receive any calls.
    tech support told me to go into a store (!) today and try a new sim card...So assuming the stores have these units today, I wasted my time by ordering online.
    still says fort worth lol. frickin usps!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone