• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Let's figure out this brick together!

Search This thread

hjmrox

Aug 23, 2012
Singapore
After several tests I have managed to flash the Nexus, but it is still in the same state, indicating that it is in edl mode, I think I'm going to give up ..

I too face the same. I manage to flash through QFIL successfully few times.

2018-08-13 21:40:09.720 21:40:09: INFO: {All Finished Successfully}
2018-08-13 21:40:09.720 21:40:09: INFO: FILE ACCESS SLOW!! 0.00 B in 0.015 seconds ( 0.00 Bps) --- Overall to target 0.094 seconds (0.00 Bps)
2018-08-13 21:40:09.727 Waiting for reset done...
2018-08-13 21:40:10.821 Download Succeed
2018-08-13 21:40:10.821 Finish Download

The reset is done after QFIL completes. The phone disconnects but connects back as QDloader still :(
The sad part is, I had intermittent access to bootloader, but after all these steps to try fix the phone, I cannot boot the phone to bootloader at all

orisha1905

Jan 17, 2011
I too face the same. I manage to flash through QFIL successfully few times.

2018-08-13 21:40:09.720 21:40:09: INFO: {All Finished Successfully}
2018-08-13 21:40:09.720 21:40:09: INFO: FILE ACCESS SLOW!! 0.00 B in 0.015 seconds ( 0.00 Bps) --- Overall to target 0.094 seconds (0.00 Bps)
2018-08-13 21:40:09.727 Waiting for reset done...
2018-08-13 21:40:10.821 Download Succeed
2018-08-13 21:40:10.821 Finish Download

The reset is done after QFIL completes. The phone disconnects and connects back as QDloader still :(
The sad part is, I had intermittent access to bootloader, but after all these steps to try fix the phone, I cannot boot the phone to bootloader at all
I have the same problem...

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

skullzhunter

Sep 3, 2013
After reading around a bit, here's my theory:
The bootloop is caused by the "big" cluster - the 4 Cortex-A57 cores. I have no idea exactly how it's causing it, but considering that by disabling them, you can recover the phone, I'm pretty sure that's the problem.
Now, how do we fix it? As far as I know, the only fix is to simply disable them, but that seems like a big compromise to me.
I recently bought a 6P, manufactured in Nov 2015, and it's still going strong (especially after replacing the battery). It's pretty weird to me that this device is not bricked yet, after almost 3 years and plenty of updates and security patches (it's running 8.1 and latest security patch). So after a little bit of research, I discovered that the A57 cores in my phone were running at 1.56 GHz, instead of 2.0 GHz. I hope you understand what I'm talking about now. The only reason my phone is not bricked yet, after so much heavy usage, is that the big cluster is undercloked, therefore, this is the solution. Regarding the implementation of this, I have no idea, but maybe instead of disabling the cores, you could just underclock them (IF they're still functional).
I have no idea how or why they're underclocked in my phone. I bought the phone unrooted, running stock everything, so I'm pretty sure no one messed with it. Maybe it was some kind of over-the-air thing, being "adjusted" silently by an update.

amcferrin90

Oct 2, 2013
CMH
Hi there! wold you be so kind to share it again? I'm looking for this file a lot! without luck. Please! you could directly share it with me to mode.ss at gmail, in case you dont want to post it publicly. please!

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vf883MXGSYIFY-C6f1j8AC6AU-QI_rSH

I'll leave that up a couple months. Just a FYI, I just updated and wiped my 6P to prep for sale before you sent this. The case has some dings, no scratches on the front glass, a few scuffs on the back glass but doesn't affect pictures. It does need the battery replaced, it has the original battery. I haven't decided if I was gonna put it on Swappa or Ebay. Older phones on Swappa don't seem to sell.

Reactions: bangeko

mode_ss

Oct 30, 2010
Santo Domingo
Thanks!!

Thanks a lot! a big Kudos for your kindness on sharing this. Lets see now if it works for this dead ol' Nexus 6p I have. Wish me luck!! I'll post here if it worked.

Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vf883MXGSYIFY-C6f1j8AC6AU-QI_rSH

I'll leave that up a couple months. Just a FYI, I just updated and wiped my 6P to prep for sale before you sent this. The case has some dings, no scratches on the front glass, a few scuffs on the back glass but doesn't affect pictures. It does need the battery replaced, it has the original battery. I haven't decided if I was gonna put it on Swappa or Ebay. Older phones on Swappa don't seem to sell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! I bring news from the TWRP developers from the #TWRP IRC channel! TWRP 3.0.2-1 has a fatal bug! If you backup and restore EFS it will brick you! Do not backup and restore EFS on 3.0.2-1! Use 3.0.2-0 instead! This has already been fixed in the newer builds!

If you have been bricked you NEED to Erase the EFS partitions and that will fix it immediately.
    For the Nexus 6P go to TWRP. Then on PC Open Command Prompt with access to ADB ( Android Debug Bridge) and execute the following commands:
    ADB shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/modemst1 bs=16384

and

ADB Shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/modemst2 bs=16384

This should fix it for ANY Nexus 6P users. Users on other phones with the same problem await instructions!
    I actually got out from this freaking BOOTLOOP!

I actually did it! oh my god i actually did it! i got out from the freaking bootloop! and trust me i tried EVERYHTING else. Only this method, for me at least, helped. I will described exactly what i did.
    1. You need a nandroid backup. Any nandroid backup for your phone is good i think. You NEED to know what version of nandroid backup you are having, and what version of ROM.
    2. Wiped, erased everything on my phone.
    3. Reverted my phone to stock version of the nandroid. (Google Factory) (For me i reverted to MTC20F full stock because my nandroid backup was on PureNexus MTC20F, used flash all.bat)
    4. Tried booting to system but failed, still bootlooped.
    5. Flashed TWRP, for me, TWRP 3.0.2.0 works. My suggestion, don't go above this version of TWRP, lots of problems!
    5. Flashed the custom ROM the nandroid you had (for me, the nandroid backup was PureNexus MTC20F 6.0.1, so i flashed the PureNexus ROM running MTC20F vendor)
    6. I tried rebooting to system, but not to avail.
    7. I restored the nandroid backup i had earlier.
    8. Progress, the boot animation appeared. Before, only Google logo poped out and then it restarts again.
    9. Flash back to full stock MTC20F. (flash all.bat without wiping anything)
    10. The phone fully boots!

Goodluck guys! it took me an all nighter. I tried everything people and the internet guides me but nothing helped. This is the only one that actually worked for me. Thank God!
    *TWRP #IRC*
    Boot phone into TWRP, run these commands. You may have to flash factory images one more time if you get stuck at the splash screen (rather than looping)

Enter adb shell then copy and paste these two lines, separately.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/modemst1 bs=16384

and

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/soc.0/f9824900.sdhci/by-name/modemst2 bs=16384

This should fix bootloops for most. TWRP 3.2.1-1 causes a fatal error. The above shell commands should get 'most' running.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    All methods below are MTC20F unless otherwise stated.
    If you notice a method that worked, that I haven't listed please share with me with the source so I can have a full list.

Method 1
    Followed instructions on flashing full firmware, found on g.co/ABH

Method 2
    Followed instructions for OTA, found on g.co/ABH

Method 3
    Followed @Heisenberg instructions in the HOWTO for manually flashing firmware via fastboot

Method 4
    Flashed stock firmware, then wiped data/cache in stock recovery

Method 5
    Flashed stock firmware, then wiped data/cache in TWRP 3.0.2-0

Method 6
    Flashed stock firmware, then wiped data/cache in TWRP 3.0.2-1

Method 7
    Flashed firmware via fastboot, then flashed full stock firmware through twrp (specify which version)

Method 8
    Flashed firmware via fastboot, then flashed OTA firmware through twrp (specify which version)

Method 9
    Utilized Wugs tool to flash full firmware

Method 10

Flashed firmware via fastboot, then sideload OTA via adb

Method 11
    Flashed firmware, then flash your own TWRP backup

Method 12
    @Eric214 says
    Advanced wipe - System, Data, Cache and Dalvik.
    Flash vendor image MTC20F.
    Flash PureNexus, Gapps, SuperSu 2.76.
    Reboot.

Method 13
    Factory reset, flash TWRP, resize and repair all partitions, flash stock again via fastboot

Method 14
    Factory reset, flash TWRP, resize and repair all partitions, flash stock again via update.zip

Method 15
    @shiftr182 method
    Fastboot firmware, flash twrp, repair and resize, flash nougat bootloader, flash nougat update from HERE

Method 16
    @neaznc021 method
    "I'll note down the exact steps , most of which may or may not be relevant
    1) Flashed MTC20F using TWRP 3.0.2-1
    2) Booted into recovery and wiped everything and the partitions
    - Add - Booted back into twrp 3.0.2-1 and then swiped to allow modifications
    3) Then fastboot flashed TWRP 3.0.2-0
    4) Restored my backup ( except recovery)
    5) Still got stuck in the google screen.
    Now the next parts are a bit weird
    6) Booted into TWRP, flashed vendor.img from pure nexus rom
    7) wiped everything except internal storage
    8) Flashed vendor.img, pure nexus rom and gapps and then flashed vendor.img again
    9) Rebooted and it worked"

Method 17
    Fastboot stock, flash backup, flash MM ROM

Method 18
    @rbouza1 method
    "Fastboot format user data partition
    Run factory image
    Fastboot bootloader radio vendor
    Flash twrp
    Try and boot if not flash stock rom /any mm rom boot into twrp and try a restore. Those were my steps and it worked"

Method 19
    @FragmentsOfLife method
    1. Flash a stock image (I used the August stock image MTC20F)
    2. Fastboot flash TWRP 3.0.2-0
    3. Boot into TWRP
    4. Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select and repair each partition individually (some won't be able to, and that's fine, just move on to the next one)
    5. Restore a full nandroid backup (make sure everything is selected) and reboot
    6. You should now be free of the never ending boots, and if your device is bootlooped at this point (stuck at the boot animation), you can just flash stock again.

Method 20 @avivasaf
    "Got backup from my friend, you need this!
    Format userdata
    Flash twrp
    Make any backup
    Move the good backup to the file backup
    Restore it
    Flash any Mm rom(i flashed cm13)
    Fastboot flash mm bootloader, radio, vendor
    And you got it!!!!"

Method 21
    @Azhar05 method
    flash developer preview 5 and flash latest twrp and then copy mtc 20f vendor image to twrp folder and then in twrp install image mtc 20f

Method 22
    Let me know if you have more!
    This is exactly my case. I was on the latest PN, browsing Chrome yesterday. Then phone suddenly restarted and I'm stuck in the bootloop. I've tried all solutions I could find and nothing worked for me. Luckily, I still have a warranty.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Same case here, I bought mine in Best Buy. I guess it won't be so easy like dealing with Google.
    As long as it's within its year warranty just call Huawei and tell them. Just call and tell them and that you're phone is stuck powering on and off and it that it happened after the update. Mine went into a boot loop last week as well. I was able to use fastboot to restore phone to stock and lock bootloader using Wugs toolkit. I already received an email telling me that my phone was under the year warranty and that they will try and fix it or send a replacement. Also don't even mention that you bought it at Best Buy. He didn't even ask so I didn't volunteer.
    FORM:This info is found in the bootloader
    Bootloader - angler-03.54
    Baseband - angler-03.61
    Variant - ANGLER-VN2
    CPU - MSM8994 0x20001
    EMMC - 64GB Samsung
    DRAM - 3072MB HYNIX LPDDR4
    Console - NULL
    Device : Locked
    Qfuse status - Enabled
    Download Mode - Disabled
    Manufacture date - 10/20/2015

Brief description of where the bootlooping started -
    Stock, locked bootloader. Attempted OTA Friday night. It downloaded, then prompted to install. After some time I checked the phone, it had rebooted, but still in 6.0.1. It said Update failed, please try again. The OTA update came back up and asked me to download again. I decided to worry it about it later cause I needed to use the phone at that time.

On Sunday, phone locked up for 10 seconds while browsing CHrome, then restarted itself. Bootloop, showing the white google logo for 10 seconds, then black screen for 2 seconds, then back to google, infinite looping.

I can access the bootloader screen. From there, choosing any option besides Power Off results in the same bootloop with white google logo. Can't access recovery.

Contacted Google Support, they're sending me a new device. Very bizarre. It's crazy. After the failed OTA, I backed up some things from my device. I was going to research and finally unlock bootloader and root, and then phone crapped out before I had the chance.

I have tried methods - can't do anything except see the bootloader screen or the barcodes screen. Anything else results in white google logo