Let's talk Phone Cases - Yes or No?

Phone Case on Ceramic back?

• Yes, I need a case! I drop my phone all the time!

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No, it's built to last. I'm not worried.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

franagan75

Apr 16, 2018
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Other case

Attachments

• 20220321_084554_5752_263.jpg
    20220321_084554_5752_263.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

hlhmark

Aug 30, 2010
I've gone for this one off Amazon UK and was expecting it to be meh quality.

But honestly, its great plenty of protection no sharp bits on the lips of the case facing the screen and the cutouts around the camera's are great.

It's like a rubbery texture feeling that looks like Carbon Fibre and it looks great much better than the in the box jobby one.

X5 Pro Case UK

InternalMonologue

Account currently disabled
Mar 1, 2022
I've gone for this one off Amazon UK and was expecting it to be meh quality.

But honestly, its great plenty of protection no sharp bits on the lips of the case facing the screen and the cutouts around the camera's are great.

It's like a rubbery texture feeling that looks like Carbon Fibre and it looks great much better than the in the box jobby one.

X5 Pro Case UK
This actually looks like a stiff carbon fibre case. Nice find.

arsenal74

I can related to being more careful without a case. I only ever remove my case when I am cleaning it or if I think I splashed water on my phone. What do you consider as battle scars? Scracthes on the body or the screen?
I am a little OCD so even a scatch on the frame and the phone is dead to me :) So I guess I am referring to any drop at all that leaves a mark. I could maybe tolerate something minor on the back where I cannot see or feel it!

Reactions: Se7enthSe7en

33bca

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2013
Basel
OnePlus 8 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Why is this not everywhere?
It looks and feels really nice, just received mine yesterday.
I wouldn't buy it for protection tho, it gives solid protection on the back and on the sides but there is basically nothing on the front.

Se7enthSe7en

Mar 18, 2022
I am a little OCD so even a scatch on the frame and the phone is dead to me :) So I guess I am referring to any drop at all that leaves a mark. I could maybe tolerate something minor on the back where I cannot see or feel it!

I used my iPhone 5 full of hairline cracks and scratches in the screen even if my thumbs feel the minor shards. Drove me crazy. Now that I can afford to be OCD with scratches, I get all bases covered before I bring it outside. A tempered glass for the screen and a hard case for the phone. I used to only buy otterbox until better options became available in aliexpress. 🤭

Roguejpl148260

Mar 3, 2022
Wow. The last time I did that was with my Nokia 7210.
I have to keep it on me since I walk all the time. I miss the small slots that Nokia had - it was difficult to clean, but it allowed for special lanyards or wrist bands to be connected to your phone. It wasn't fancy, but it got the job done.

It was terrible because of all the scratches from hitting keys, pens, zippers, but it does the job. 🤷‍♂️

Se7enthSe7en

Mar 18, 2022
I have to keep it on me since I walk all the time. I miss the small slots that Nokia had - it was difficult to clean, but it allowed for special lanyards or wrist bands to be connected to your phone. It wasn't fancy, but it got the job done.

It was terrible because of all the scratches from hitting keys, pens, zippers, but it does the job. 🤷‍♂️
Other than the official one, there is a OPPO Find X5 Pro drop test feature but it seems like it depends where you look. I have seen others that have other concerns:

Se7enthSe7en

Mar 18, 2022
I find this hard to believe. How is it even possible to have those scratches if it was in a bag or in his pocket? Does he put keys in the same pocket?
It seems like that, doesn't it? It seemed like there was a sharp object in any of the places where he put his phone. It doesn't look intentional either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Outside of home,case!
    No case, only ever use one for risky scenarios (usually involving alcohol) but otherwise prefer to use them as nature intended.

I accept I will get some battle scars which I have but not that many (I am due one as I am on a good run!) I think I am subconsciously more careful when I do not use a case too.
    I started off using it in the case, but I didn't like the texture of the white case that was included, it was quite slippery and stained quite quickly from my jeans pocket.
    I took the case off and the phone is so much nicer to hold and use. It is a bit slippery on its own but it has a kind of grip that you don't get with glass phones.
    I have insurance with an excess of only £50 if I break it so not too worried :)
    Im using that case
    Wow. The last time I did that was with my Nokia 7210.