LeTV One/X600 s1 Hands on, Antutu, Camera, game, GPS, Battery review

Search This thread

0on

Dec 28, 2011
::1
Yes, this is known trouble. With 023S there was the same situation (for me). OTA service is making some instructions to Recovery that can't be processed by TWRP.

Yes, this is only way to resolve.

Thanks. I'm glad to know that i did something good.
But why you didn't use a prepared Lite Mod ROM version from my leeco.re thread that you mentioned??

Yes, I'm about to try that one soon :) Didn't know if I could just 'patch' it over a stock (23S/26S) firmware or if I had to wipe data so I didn't flash it yet (have downloaded it tho).

Anyways, I'm stuck with a new problem since this morning :confused: After rebooting, my phone apparently created a new screen-lock pin code because entering my 4-digit code results in "Phone is locked. Please try again in 30 seconds". I haven't changed screen-lock settings in ages :eek: Anyone knows what's the problem? Maybe have to reflash again..

-edit-
rebooting into TWRP, renaming/removing /data/system/gatekeeper.pasword.key & gatekeeper.pattern.key did the trick, no more screen-lock pin :)

Last edited:

dilnix

Aug 11, 2016
Kyiv
dilnix.blogspot.com
Yes, I'm about to try that one soon :) Didn't know if I could just 'patch' it over a stock (23S/26S) firmware or if I had to wipe data so I didn't flash it yet (have downloaded it tho).
All instructions are available at the Lite Mod thread.
After rebooting, my phone apparently created a new screen-lock pin code because entering my 4-digit code results in "Phone is locked. Please try again in 30 seconds". I haven't changed screen-lock settings in ages :eek: Anyone knows what's the problem? Maybe have to reflash again..
It's impossible. Phone can't create a new screen-lock code without your permission.
Anyway, you always can just wipe a Data partition + Cache & Dalvik to make your OS clean like as it just been installed.

Reactions: 0on

0on

Dec 28, 2011
All instructions are available at the Lite Mod thread.

From the next update I will try the Lite version :good: :good:

It's impossible. Phone can't create a new screen-lock code without your permission.
Anyway, you always can just wipe a Data partition + Cache & Dalvik to make your OS clean like as it just been installed.
I know it sounds strange, but it really did happen. Battery went to 0%, charged it back to 100%, switched it on but my normal screen-lock code wasn't the correct one anymore :confused: My workaround (removing the /data/system/*.key files) worked tho :)

coolman7

Sep 8, 2007
I bought LeTV CDLA USB-C earphones. When I connect it to X600, I can hear sound when I play video or music, and record with recorder app, but when I make a phone call, headphones won't be used. Is there anyone has any idea why this happens and any idea for a solution?

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
I bought LeTV CDLA USB-C earphones. When I connect it to X600, I can hear sound when I play video or music, and record with recorder app, but when I make a phone call, headphones won't be used. Is there anyone has any idea why this happens and any idea for a solution?

I didn't even know that x600 worked with USB earphones. They removed the 3.5mm jack only in the Le 2. Anyway, try removing and inserting the earphones during the call.

Valentino001

Mar 22, 2015
Yes, this is known trouble. With 023S there was the same situation (for me). OTA service is making some instructions to Recovery that can't be processed by TWRP.

Yes, this is only way to resolve.

Thanks. I'm glad to know that i did something good.
But why you didn't use a prepared Lite Mod ROM version from my leeco.re thread that you mentioned??

I am currently on your 026 lite rom but I always get Google play services has stopped error. Any solution available?

dilnix

Aug 11, 2016
Kyiv
dilnix.blogspot.com
I am currently on your 026 lite rom but I always get Google play services has stopped error. Any solution available?

The only solution i found is just fully reinstall all Gapps but not into system partition.
I'm self using same ROM 26 lite and have "services stopped" error not often... maybe 1-3 cases per week. And by getting this error i see no troubles in working apps at the same time.

Valentino001

Mar 22, 2015
The only solution i found is just fully reinstall all Gapps but not into system partition.
I'm self using same ROM 26 lite and have "services stopped" error not often... maybe 1-3 cases per week. And by getting this error i see no troubles in working apps at the same time.
Thanks for your response. I have not got the error again since yesterday evening. Unlike when I freshly installed the rom and was getting it very often. And I observed it doesn't affect the apps performance too.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Thanks Bro. Will check it out

dilnix

Aug 11, 2016
Kyiv
dilnix.blogspot.com
Thanks for your response. I have not got the error again since yesterday evening. Unlike when I freshly installed the rom and was getting it very often. And I observed it doesn't affect the apps performance too.
You welcome.
Also, exact after installation and getting first errors you can make a cache and data cleaning for most of Gapps. And than reboot phone and make new logins. This is making a charm at least for a first time and next errors will appear not often or will not appear at all.

Last edited:

tal5665

Mar 13, 2016
Hi guys, I've using Rom .23 and was wondering if anyone installed xposed on this phone and which version of xposed works best? Thanks

0on

Dec 28, 2011
My battery stats seem to be a bit glitched.. For example, 40% in the morning, playing a game for 15 mins and battery is dead. I tried calibrating/charging from 0% to 100% but it doesn't help. I ordered a new battery (and some phone tools) to replace it :)

0on

Dec 28, 2011
-edit 3- I fixed it

Today I replaced my battery with a little help from this disassembly instruction video. Screws came of pretty easily and even though the old battery was locked pretty solid with double-sided tape I managed to gently pry it loose and install the new battery.

As of now, however, my external speaker, vibration mode and bottom lights of the three touch buttons on the lower side of the screen don't work at all anymore (output jack and lower buttons still work though), and I noticed and ever-so-slight bulge near the power button. The latter could have happened due to prying open the case and/or the distortion of a plastic casing pin. I detached these two 'latches' above the battery (as later seemed to be unnecessary, but I just followed the instruction video hehe) and I think I attached them correctly later on (did it twice to be sure, but didn't hear some 'click' when reapplying them).
Does someone know if detaching these latches is the cause of the malfunctioning of the external speaker, vibration mode and lower touchscreen button lights? Anyone opened their X600 or replaced their battery (or maybe someone has more general knowledge of these latches), fishku perhaps?
Thanks in advance :D

-edit- charging doesn't seem to work either :/ and when connected to USB, i get the error "Power Surge On Hub Port: A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port" on PC. The fix I found on the internet (/sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1/bConfigurationValue -> edit file -> "1" -> save) doesn't work since I can't find anything in the devices directory when connected via USB)

-edit2- ribbon wasnt connected correctly! After 5th time it went right.

Last edited:

fishku

Aug 4, 2015
I did replace the battery of my x600 at some point, however I didn't run into any issues. Glad that you were able to resolve yours!

And yeah, something I found out with another Meizu phone... Make sure to install the new battery as flat as possible, removing glue leftovers if needed. Otherwise you might get issues with the screen (weird colors on touch, etc.)!

Reactions: 0on

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install TWRP through SP Flash Tools - LeTv x600

Hello guys, is there a TWRP I can flash through SP Flash Tool?

I cannot install it through ADB because I cannot get my drivers to work... (I also have Jiayu S3 which I couldn't setup on my windows 7 through ADB)

EDIT1: I did setup drivers, but it doesn't reboot into TWRP but normal recovery....I don'tget message "OKAY" just sits on "FASTBOOT mode..."

EDIT2: SOLUTION!
    Ok I managed to install TWRP throuh SP Flash Tools.

EDIT3: MORE DETAILED SOLUTION Since some people ****ed their phones I will post more detailed solution. I used two processes on 3 Letv X600 phones and both worked, but I will post a bit longer process since there is less chance to do wrong...

Installing Drivers and ROM
    1. Install MTK preloader drivers (Given below. see attachment)
    (To check if you installed drivers correctly Turn off phone, and go to device manager, connect device and it should show up as "MTK Preloader VCOM port "port_number")
    (Here is tutorial on how to install drivers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxTCvRmlio , you have files there as well )
    2a.. Download LeTv x600 5.0.0.2s SP Flash Tool ROM from here http://www.androidbrick.com/download/letv-x600-unbrick-rom-scatter-file-sp-flash-tool-mtk-drivers/
    2b. Unpack LeTV_Sx5.0.002SFT.zip to "LeTV_Sx5.0.002SFT" folder and inside you will find SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1516.00.zip
    2c. Unpack Sp Flash Tools as well to "SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1516.00" folder
    2d. Run flash_tool.exe as administrator
    2e. Locate scatter file in "LeTV_Sx5.0.002SFT" folder and all partitions should be checked. Then use Upgrade Firmware option and click download (please, never, ever, no, don't, don't even think of FORMAT ALL + DOWNLOAD)
    (If you are currently on 5.0.002S chinese rom you can use Download Only option as well)
    1.png
    2f. Now Turn Off you phone and connect it to PC. First will red line pass DO NOT TURN ON OR DISCONNECT THE PHONE then wait for yellow line, it will slowly charge and green check mark will show when finished.
    2.png
    2g. You may now disconnect your phone. Now Turn On your phone and check if ROM is installed properly. If not working (stuck at boot, bootlooping, black screen etc.) repeat from 2a. to 2f.

Installing TWRP
    3a. Download TWRP custom recovery in english from here https://mega.nz/#!R8NUSSqC!0coDkQ85edqJG36m-jSaQo5GuMZu37pKDFAYOqnqUrw
    3b. Unpack ADB_LeTV-X600-TWRP_2.8.6.0_MATERIAL_BB72.zip to folder "ADB_LeTV-X600-TWRP_2.8.6.0_MATERIAL_BB72" and copy "MT6795_Android_scatter.txt" from "LeTV_Sx5.0.002SFT" folder to "ADB_LeTV-X600-TWRP_2.8.6.0_MATERIAL_BB72" folder
    3c. Run flash_tool.exe as administrator
    3d. Locate scatter file in "ADB_LeTV-X600-TWRP_2.8.6.0_MATERIAL_BB72" folder and only recovery partition should be checked. Then use Download only option and click download.
    4.png
    3e. Now Turn Off you phone and connect it to PC. First will red line pass DO NOT TURN ON OR DISCONNECT THE PHONE then wait for yellow line, it will slowly charge and green check mark will show when finished.
    2.png
    3f. You may disconnect your phone. Now hold Volume up + Power Button at same time (Hold (for about 10-15 seconds) until blue screen with teamwin shows up). If you cannot boot into TWR repeat steps from 3a. to 3e.
    (if you get into chinese recovery with something saying update.zip, chose last thing on the screen it will turn off you phone or if you boot insto system just turn off phone and try 2-3 times more)
    3.jpg

4. Now you can install custom ROMs through TWRP. Copy custom ROM to mobile phone via PC or download directly to Phone. Turn OFF phone (hold for long enough, like 15seconds or something). Boot to custom recovery using Volume UP + Power Button. Choose install and locate name_of_the_rom.zip on your phone. Swipe right to install. Wipe caches. Swipe Right to wipe. And reboot to system. REMEMBER FIRST BOOT MIGHT TAKE SOME TIME (wait 10minutes if needed).

Many thanks to:
    BB72 team for providing translated TWRP
    ANDROİD1İCK for giving us SP Flash Tool Stock ROM
    We have got the smartphone Letv One/x600 from Chinese reseller. When i got this white one, i was deeply attracted by this high-end smartphone, as you know, Letv has its main line in producing its TVs, not for smartphones. This time Letv expanded its manufacturing line to produce mobile devices to compete with Xiaomi, Huawei, etc. Letv brings the first high-end smartphone for its customers to shock most of us. And its selling price has broken the industry's rule for most cellphones' manufacturers, meanwhile, it's a big shock for them. Therefore, let's probe into this high-end smartphone with me.

21-300x224.jpg
    31-300x224.jpg
    13-300x224.jpg
    41-300x224.jpg
    51-300x224.jpg
    91-300x224.jpg

5.5 Inch 1920 * 1080 Pixel FHD Sharp IPS Screen

When it leaked before it was officially announced, the screen to body ratio is much large, and it is said it’s borderless or bezel-less. Letv cellphone has two types, one is 5.5inch, the other is 6.33inch, today i will introduce 5.5inch version for you first. It comes with 5.5inch FHD Sharp IPS screen (1920 x 1080, 403 PPI) display, providing the ultra-clear screen quality when i watch the video, view the photos and so on. Therefore, Letv one can be the best rival of Xiaomi Mi note pro, even iphone 6 plus. It's worthwhile to experience its nice sharp IPS screen, which is more exquisite and superior than the common screen.
    61-300x224.jpg
    121-300x224.jpg

111-300x224.jpg
    161-300x224.jpg

181-300x224.jpg
    28-300x224.jpg

29-300x224.jpg

MediaTek Helio X10 Octa Core 64Bit 2.2GHz + RAM 3GB ROM 16GB

Letv One or Letv X600 is powered by MediaTek’s Helio X10 (MT6795) 64-bit octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz , along with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Letv one is the first time to use Mediatek chipest, Mediatek Helio X10 MTK6795 processor, which means most rapid playing or running speed for more efficient operation. I test to play 3D games, the overall running speed is so fast and swift. Meanwhile, it has come with RAM 3GB ROM 16GB, personally, RAM 2GB storage is much enough for me, but Letv one has RAM 3GB, which is able to make me download apps or run the programs more fluently. You will not agree more with me.

171-300x224.jpg

13.0MP Back Camera 5.0MP Front Camera

Letv One or Letv X600 has dual camera with 13.0MP Back OIS Camera flanked by a dual-LED, dual tone flash, 5.0MP Front Camera located on the front side of this handset. I can easily use 13MP back camera to take photos clearly and fast to memorize every moment in my life and work. Meanwhile, i use the front camera to make face beautification. I like selfie or self-portraits all the time, this time, i really have my own selfie camera instead of bringing the big digital camera when i go traveling. I can take photos well during the strong or weak light. The 1080p video capture amkes it easy to preserve the important moments, which allows you to shoot crisp, detailed images.

81-300x224.jpg
    14-300x224.jpg

3000mAh Battery

I am really satisfied with the battery with 3,000mAh capacity, it can support up to 10 days of standby time. Meanwhile, i don't have to buy a backup, because i can play it all the day without charging under the environment of normal usage. But if i take a vacation outdoors, i will prepare a power bank to charge fast for my smartphone in case of powered-off situation.

131-300x224.jpg

EUI OS

It has broken the record to use it own original and pure EUI OS, which can be one of the most advantages of this smartphone. Android 5.0 Lollipop comes pre-installed on this device with Letv's EUI OS on top of Google's operating system. Therefore, Letv one utilizes its latest and best system to provide customers with better experience in OS.
    15-300x224.jpg
    101-300x224.jpg

71-300x224.jpg
    30-300x224.jpg

Support 4G LTE, OTG, WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, Multilanguage, Play Store, IR Remote Control .etc

This is also a dual-SIM device (micro + micro SIM) which offers 4G LTE connectivity as well. Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 are also available here. Of course, it can support Multilanguage and google play store, GPS, IR remote control function like other smartphones. 4G LTE Network lets you surf the Web, access social networks, download apps and stream media. GPS function helps you locate unfamiliar destinations. IR remote control function helps me control my TV, air conditioner or other appliance at home more freely and conveniently. Therefore, do you think Letv one is powerful?

Final Thoughts
    In conclusion, Letv one can be the best and first smartphone for Letv to grab a lot of market share in terms of its hardware, software, or its design. Most importantly, it costs its users less than other high-end smartphone such as Huawei p8, Xiaomi mi note pro etc. This 5.5inch FHD smartphone has taken its first step and have a good standpoint in smartphone line. I know it is in stock now, hope you can share with me.
    Installing TWRP on 09S through 16S version (and probably for all ROMs)

Can somebody port the new official stable release ? i get really low speed from Letv servers
    edit: after installation i think LETV locked the bootloader.
    as i can't flash TWRP (any method).
    Flashed it manually still boot to the stock recovery

Thought I was the only one and did something wrong lol. SP Flash Tools works normally, I get the 'check mark' but TWRP isn't flashed.
    -edit- TWRP 2.8.7.0 worked for me. Don't know where I downloaded these, so I just reupped it.
    -edit2- Updated for TWRP 3.0.2.0.
    Quick how-to for others:

Make sure you got enough battery life left! I would recommend at least 80%.
    Easiest Mode:
    • Download TWRP 3.0.2.0, ADB Drivers and VCOM Drivers here.
    • Go to Settings > About Phone. Tap 'Version' or 'Build' line (containing 'ABXCNOPxxxxxxxxx1S release-keys' or similar) 7 times to enable Developer mode.
    • Go to Settings > Developer options and enable 'USB Debugging'.
    • Keep your phone switched on.
    • Unzip downloaded file and install 'ADB - Drivers' and 'USB VCOM - Drivers' from their respective directories.
    • Switch off phone and reboot into FastBoot mode (POWER+VOL.DOWN)
    • Run 'Recovery-Flasher (RUN ME).bat'
    • Follow instructions on screen

Slightly Less Easy mode:
    • Go to Settings > About Phone. Tap 'Version' or 'Build' line (containing 'ABXCNOPxxxxxxxxx1S release-keys' or similar) 7 times to enable Developer mode.
    • Go to Settings > Developer options and enable 'USB Debugging'.
    • Turn off phone. Do not connect to your pc yet.
    • Download Smart Phone Flash Tool (SPFT) 5.1516.00 here or grab the latest version from the official site. Download TWRP 3.0.2.0, ADB Drivers and USB VCOM Drivers here and install both 'ADB - Drivers' and 'USB VCOM - Drivers' from their respective directories.
    • Open the directory containing SPFT and run 'flash_tool.exe' as administrator.
    • Set mode to 'Download Only.'
    • The 'Download-Agent' should be automatically set to 'MTK_ALLInOne_DA.bin', located in your SPFT directory, if not, do this manually by clicking on the 'Download Agent' icon. Next, click on 'Scatter-loading' icon on the right of the Download tab and select the scatter file 'MT6795_Android_scatter.txt' located in your TWRP directory.
    • Only tick 'recovery' in the raster, double-click on the (empty) space where 'recovery' and 'Location' meet and select 'recovery.img' found in the 'FastBoot' directory of the downloaded zip file.
    • Press download and, after that, connect your phone.
    • Loading bar on the bottom of SPFT will show its status. If succeeded after a couple of seconds, you will get a check mark. (If nothing happens in SPFT and/or your phone just shows the charging icon, try to use another USB port.)
    • TWRP is flashed to your phone! Start your phone (which probably shows a red led by now) by removing the usb cable and holding the POWER button for 10+ seconds. Enjoy flashingSuperSU, Gapps (Select 'ARM64' and your Android version. You're probably only successful with installing the 'Nano' or smaller 'Pico' version, but try for yourself²) etc. Don't forget to wipe caches (cache & Dalvik). To enter recovery mode (TWRP), hold POWER+VOL.UP buttons for about 10 seconds.

¹If ADB does not recognize your phone: head over to the C:\Users\<username>\.android folder, create a new file (in Notepad or similar) there, type in '0x2b0e' (without quotation marks) and save as 'adb_usb.ini' (so as a .ini file and not as a .txt file). You might need to delete (or rename or remove) other ADB files that were created while using other phones (i.e. adbkey and adbkey.pub) (courtesy of @fishku here).

²As stated by Open Gapps you should flash Gapps directly after flashing a new ROM. So do not reboot to system first but flash Gapps while still in TWRP, after successfully having flashed a ROM.
    Solution!!

Install MobileGO or some similar app. It will show the USB authorization popup on the phone. If it doesn't show up. Go to developer options, revoke USB authorizations and try again.

Thank you for your help. I have tried that with no luck. After a really long search and trying lots of stuff, I finally found a solution!

If you are having trouble getting your LeTV to show up on USB ADB (e.g. when trying "adb devices"), create a file called "adb_usb.ini" in your "~/.android" folder. On windows, the home folder "~" refers to your user folder, on mac/linux, it's... your home folder (accessible also via "/home/username/"). In that "adb_usb.ini" file, put:
    Code:
    0x2b0e
    On windows, make sure that the file isn't saved as "adb_usb.ini.txt", as this will not work.
    What this does is allow the manufacturing code of "2b0e" for USB devices to connect over ADB. "2b0e" in this case is LeTV. I assume since it is not a common manufacturer, it is not enabled for ADB by default.
    Also, it might be beneficial to delete the "adbkey" and "adbkey.pub" files in the same folder.

This immediately made ADB work for me on all machines, whereas it wasn't working before!

Something else: How to get "double tap to wake" to work on 005s without flashing different ROMs first: I found out that you can use the code
    Code:
    *#*#46360000#*#*
    (dial on your telephone) to access some hidden settings. "Double tap to wake" should also be there!