LG aristo 2 (K8 2018)

Search This thread

tribal1209

Feb 1, 2018
I just overclocked this phone with a kernal editing app and maxed out the CPU and GPU. Holy CRAP! Why on earth dont these phones ship like this? What are the downsides. Its literally so fast now im amazed!

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Everything is literally double or tripple the speed. The internet, my live wallpaper, the loading of apps. Everything! Ill never buy another Iphone again. I cant believe i got this thing free and now I have an ad free phone, personalized as hell, with the speed of something that should had cost me 100`s of dollars

teknoweanie

May 2, 2015
Mine is okay without a overclock lol :) just make sure to lower your clock speed if you start to run into problems.

spirithandler

Feb 5, 2012
What do you mean work with it? Also this is a jumbled thread so which method are you talking about? :) if your talking about TWRP. Just take the update then try flashing TWRP. Make sure to follow the steps in the TWRP thread.

The Ota update that updates the baseband and software version from what I can tell by comparing my wifes phone to mine. We both have the same phone.
Another question is we can do the TWRP without doing what was originally stated in this thread and still get root? I prefer to have a custom recovery installed.

teknoweanie

May 2, 2015
Yes just update to most recent then use the steps in the TWRP thread to flash TWRP and get root. No need for using the root_boot.img flashing.
Heres the link up again. TWRP link here.

neight9@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2018
How and what app exactly did you use for overclock?

I just overclocked this phone with a kernal editing app and maxed out the CPU and GPU. Holy CRAP! Why on earth dont these phones ship like this? What are the downsides. Its literally so fast now im amazed!

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Everything is literally double or tripple the speed. The internet, my live wallpaper, the loading of apps. Everything! Ill never buy another Iphone again. I cant believe i got this thing free and now I have an ad free phone, personalized as hell, with the speed of something that should had cost me 100`s of dollars

How and what app exactly did you use to overclock?

teknoweanie

May 2, 2015
I would try it as theyre almost the same phone..also this can be used for almost any android phone not just this model..

suckme69

Nov 3, 2013
Supposedly the img you posted is simply a modified version of Magisk you posted. Someone please explain to me (Who is new to this whole process) why this supposed explanation does not involve any recovery program or requiring of wiping/clearing any cache or what have you?

not to bash the other guy who answered this he did so incorrectly the reason this works is because after the boot loader is unlocked oem it allows the user to write to partitions the boot loader being locked puts a code in place to keep from system/ phone images to be written to so for the unlock allows us to flash unsigned images as locked wont so gives us full access to make a custom recovery witch makes a easy boot partition that can flash a zip file that modifies system partitions a custom rom since i see there are none yet i doubt it be before long someone makes one witch i may try to build one from code

TomJ2

May 30, 2014
Colorado, USA
www.trjudd.com
@ninjasinabag @teknoweanie @tribal1209 Hey guys, spent a few hours figuring out how to root. Pretty Simple

1) Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock

2) Reboot to Fastboot Mode (Using ADB via PC type: adb reboot bootloader)

3) Add root_boot.img into your adb folder

4) In ADB type: fastboot flash boot root_boot.img

5) After flash successful, type: fastboot reboot

6) Install Magisk Manager App

Worked smooth as hot butter..., once I corrected my ADB versions. Thanks!!!

Brandon_Birkland

May 25, 2015
Spokane
Yes, it is. What I did was use LG firmware extractor and extracted the boot image, then I proceeded to patch the boot image with magisk manager. Enabling OEM unlock allows me to flash the boot image with the newly-created custom one. Remember though, you should create a backup of your device because enabling OEM unlock will completely erase everything.
This dont work the touch screen still wont function even with this

tribal1209

Feb 1, 2018
I did actually. Or rather the phone did. Some update caused it to fix itself. I imagine it has something to do with Googles APK files that it automatically downloaded? I have zero idea but im just taking a stab at it. My phone is back to 100% functionality and i have no idea why

SpunOutSpaceguru

May 6, 2018
Columbus
---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I just want to say I realize that there are a ton of unanswered things folks may have with the BRIEF description I posted. I looked into this for a full day or two to get a basic understanding of all this.....then took a leap of faith and downloaded a random file off a hacking website from an anonymous creeper in hopes it would actually root my phone. It did. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Look at some videos on youtube, post questions, and see what you can understand.[/QUOTE]
I love xda i only go here bmwent to a couple of other not as reputuable at keast in feel than xda this is my holy grail for android an phone info period if it wasnt for u guys here at xda an trwp an for the lg aristo 2(cause its not officialy supported yet)are doing the greater good a bonus.my secound place to go is high on android. I went to android file host as well its basically xda an if i cant find what i lm looking for here i try an only click the links to those other sites if there hotlinked from xda pretty much if it's not XDA I don't want it you guys are amazing and please keep up the good work an topjonwu (i hope i spelled than right)that man doing GODS work Without his magisk methods to attaining root an passing safteynet an almost (if memory serves me correct making root for any phone with a custom recovery universal i thought or in the works from reading the entire chainglog simce its begening)im glad me an everyone have a honorable trustworthy FAMILY ive never gotten a bad file from u guys an kno i wont ever i shout xda at the rootops to people who ask about phone stuff i just wish i wasnt broke i need to donate to these three developers or the guy who made the generic file on android fike host for this device or whatever i have 60 cents total in my PayPal and the help in this in the support that I've gotten from these people in into the ability to like do the things that I'm able to do because of their programs like there's no way the $0.60 is adequately enough in my opinion enough to donate to them because they do amazing work and please keep it up guys cuz I'm almost not a caveman on Android now I still Bumble and Bumble with these big old knuckles

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Aristo 2. Sorry, kind of diving in head first with this whole process. If im doing something obviously wrong go easy on me lol. i know the feeling im completely new to the new android stiff i havent messed around since the first or secound big screen Droid back in the day but the guys here at xda are the first i go an almost none other i go to android file host as well but the amount of support ive gotten an they didnt come off pompus or judgey i feel u there

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Aristo 2

An if it wasnt for this guy. @techknight probably would still be pulling my hair out banging it on the wall his tutorials where the ones i used not that the others i read didnt help he jist broke it down in a way that worked for me or you just repeated the same thing I've heard over and over again and I finally caught on but these guys are amazing on here

Top Liked Posts